Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yeah, I meant 180. So if you're facing right and turn in place so that you're facing up or down, it's inconsistent?

EDIT: Nvm, it's 1 no matter which way you turn.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I meant 180. So if you're facing right and turn in place so that you're facing up or down, it's inconsistent?

EDIT: Nvm, it's 1 no matter which way you turn.
It may also depend on the number of pokés you have, but using the journal or the radio is definitely easier.

Um, what happened? Was going for a frame of 1544. Had 5 in my party, going for a wild flawless Ralts. NPC's on 209 were battled, so no wandering advancements. Turned in place 1542 times, since Sweet-Scenting starts on frame 2. Sweet scented after turning said 1542 times, caught a non-flawless Roselia, which I found out was caught on frame 2058. Yes, I used Method J to generate my frame, so what went wrong? There were no battles; I used a Max Repel before I started as well.

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsistent.
Can someone explain this a little more? I don't understand

to get the correct seconds on pokewalker abuse... you start from when you s/r and then stop when you push recieve gifts?

delay is 0... am i right?

I just need to verify something, gift pokemon such as the jirachi that was distributed recently is a method 1 pokemon and its nature cannot be manipulated, if its nature cannot be manipulated it is ok to search for any nature seed correct?

Edit: I would also like to know, if you leave your game on the continue, new game, ext. the delay continues to advance correct?

sorry if my questions are redundant

I just need to verify something, gift pokemon such as the jirachi that was distributed recently is a method 1 pokemon and its nature cannot be manipulated, if its nature cannot be manipulated it is ok to search for any nature seed correct?

Edit: I would also like to know, if you leave your game on the continue, new game, ext. the delay continues to advance correct?

sorry if my questions are redundant
Correct. Getting a nature with Wondercards without a set nature is random. This is to prevent them from ever being shiny. Also, if you get a nature you don't want, you don't have to find a new seed, it's generated randomly each time. One thing you need to remember is that unstead of starting on frame 1 of method 1, it starts on frame -1.

Correct. The delay continues to advance until you enter the game world. For ID/SID abuse, that's when you finally enter the overworld, not when you're talking to the Prof.

One thing you need to remember is that unstead of starting on frame 1 of method 1, it starts on frame -1.
What does frame -1 mean to me? how much more would I have to advance the frame to get the desired pokemon? by whatever the frame is minus one?

Um, what happened? Was going for a frame of 1544. Had 5 in my party, going for a wild flawless Ralts. NPC's on 209 were battled, so no wandering advancements. Turned in place 1542 times, since Sweet-Scenting starts on frame 2. Sweet scented after turning said 1542 times, caught a non-flawless Roselia, which I found out was caught on frame 2058. Yes, I used Method J to generate my frame, so what went wrong? There were no battles; I used a Max Repel before I started as well.
Still having this problem; anyone have ANY suggestions as to what happened?

But aren't grass turns always consistent in DPPT? It's a good suggestion, but it doesn't change the strangeness of the results.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, I would guess that they are not consistent. Or there is an NPC. Either way, the solution is to use journal flips.

Okay, I'll try journal flips. To set them up, all I have to do is catch two wild pokémon, correct?

Btw, if we find out they aren't consistent, you're gonna wanna change the guide.

Okay, I'll try journal flips. To set them up, all I have to do is catch two wild pokémon, correct?

Btw, if we find out they aren't consistent, you're gonna wanna change the guide.
Even one page with caught pokemon will suffice, but you should really check and see if there are any wandering NPC's wherever you want to catch your pokemon, if they is something like a trainer spinning around by himself or something, it could still cause trouble

Im still having the same problem as Njb013 just wanted to try a shiny spread in a lake and when i hit my delay and frame i didnt hit the frame instead when checking that poke my frame was advance like +20 i tried then doing the journals and necessary steps -20 and a completely different frame appeared like +100 or something

edit: does a high delay has something to do with this? my frame was 4009

oh sorry yeah i was trying on land for a sneasel, have you tried where there are no NPCs like me to check if it is still advancing that way? i also tried lake verity both on pearl and got no different result

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)