Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

can someone tell me the main thing in gen 5 rng.
i googled it and can't find anything. Any help about how to rng in black and white would be appreciated.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Justin Bieber (wow, never thought I'd type that).
Erm... Technically you can get Shinies without RNGing for ID/SID, however they're likely to not have great IVs.
Strong chance you'll have a couple of good natures with 30+ in 3 stats. But you won't be finding any hex-flawless ones.

@Kiebin:
I think she meant Lower Right before you make a start.

@Justin Bieber (wow, never thought I'd type that).
Erm... Technically you can get Shinies without RNGing for ID/SID, however they're likely to not have great IVs.
Strong chance you'll have a couple of good natures with 30+ in 3 stats. But you won't be finding any hex-flawless ones.

@Kiebin:
I think she meant Lower Right before you make a start.
Glad you did :D

Wait, is that only with SR though? Would IV RNG Abuse work on shinies?

Ok, so for my first RNG, I really want a Bug Catching Contest Scyther. Are there any annoying aspects that would make this unusally difficult? I know I have to deal with a time limit, but I don't know how that affects the actual RNG process. Also, are there any "roaming NPCs" in National Park during the contest, and if so, how will they ruin my frame?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've heard some people have to rename it as an exe file.
Interesting. When I downloaded it, it was already an exe file. Rename if necessary.

Now, for my own question. I just picked up a new game and I want to abuse for ID/SID. Any good suggestions? I can't think of any particular PID that I want to be shiny, just something that has a few good possibilities. Has anyone got anything like this?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Interesting. When I downloaded it, it was already an exe file. Rename if necessary.

Now, for my own question. I just picked up a new game and I want to abuse for ID/SID. Any good suggestions? I can't think of any particular PID that I want to be shiny, just something that has a few good possibilities. Has anyone got anything like this?
abuse for a TID/SID that will make timid/modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny. :)

the PIDs to search in rng reporter are F9426F72 or 7942EF72.

I asked a similar question yesterday, but i'm still confused.

How can I calibrate and find my seeds when I can't get someplace where I can catch pokemon that are nearly level 50?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I asked a similar question yesterday, but i'm still confused.

How can I calibrate and find my seeds when I can't get someplace where I can catch pokemon that are nearly level 50?
Forget calibration. Use a timer. Try to hit a seed. Use the elm calls to find out what you hit and adjust until you hit what you were trying to hit. Not sure but it might be easier on HGSS than DPPt. Which are you using?

EDIT: See Romstar's post on the first page (#4). If you're not far enough to use Elm calls, you can call Irwin. I don't remember what goes with what, but someone else should be able to tell you.

(you sure have helped me quite a bit, toast)

Using HG. How do I get seeds to try and hit? I'll be using pikatimer, and in order to get consistent delays, I'm going to be tapping the A button at the exact same pace using a metronome (16th note subdivision at about 120 bpm, if you happen to know anything about music).

Edit: I can call elm, I've done all 3 things.

Edit 2: OH, I understand now. Just copy and paste the seed that's given to calibrate it. I was assuming that we needed to find our own seed somehow

Toast++

(you sure have helped me quite a bit, toast)

Using HG. How do I get seeds to try and hit? I'll be using pikatimer, and in order to get consistent delays, I'm going to be tapping the A button at the exact same pace using a metronome (16th note subdivision at about 120 bpm, if you happen to know anything about music).

Edit: I can call elm, I've done all 3 things.
I try =)

I'm not entirely sure if the metronome thing will work or not just because it'll be hard to tell where to start it. FYI, I have a timer that does the same thing but will use 120 bpm beeps(I do know what that part means). Only for the last 2.5 seconds though.

EDIT: Well, any seed really. But that one will work.

Ok, so for my first RNG, I really want a Bug Catching Contest Scyther. Are there any annoying aspects that would make this unusally difficult? I know I have to deal with a time limit, but I don't know how that affects the actual RNG process. Also, are there any "roaming NPCs" in National Park during the contest, and if so, how will they ruin my frame?
NPCs. A lot of NPCs. I suggest you start from the top-right building when talking to the man to register for BBC and have a target frame over 30. Second worst part is that the desired seed should generate results that do not need a synchronizer, because you will be using a sweet scenter- which comes to the best part: your only allowed to bring one Pokemon.

Btw the encounter slots for BBC are inaccurate.

So I found a pretty cool seed and frame of 6c0c01f1 3672

Now when it gives me the target time, does that mean that is the time the DS's internal clock should be when I soft reset? Or does that mean that I turn on my DS and wait, for example, an hour and a minute? I'm a bit lost here.

Also, how do these NPCs affect my frame? Is it a constant frame altercation or is it completely random? Like every second increases the frame by one for every NPC that wanders?

Toast++

So I found a pretty cool seed and frame of 6c0c01f1 3672

Now when it gives me the target time, does that mean that is the time the DS's internal clock should be when I soft reset? Or does that mean that I turn on my DS and wait, for example, an hour and a minute? I'm a bit lost here.

Also, how do these NPCs affect my frame? Is it a constant frame altercation or is it completely random? Like every second increases the frame by one for every NPC that wanders?
The target time is the time when you hit continue.

The NPCs affect the frames at a non-steady rate. It goes up every time they move and they move when they feel like it.

I keep missing my delay by exactly one (target delay is 647, I will consistently hit either 646 or 648). Should I try to find another seed that's even, or should I just keep trying to hit 647?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)