Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

On some European versions it seems the starting frame for Entei is 1. If that doesn't work try frame 6.
I use an USA version ;)

just an another question: if my target frame is 737, I need to have 731 as frame,then I do the last step,+6 of entei's starting frame,right?

How do I hit my Ferroseed? I keep missing and getting discouraged because of the room I have to do it in.

(I'm going to call it a Ferroseed because I like Ferroseed and it is cute)

Does wondercard celebi start on frame 1 in Heart Gold? Ive been trying to get the seed for hours now and Im not getting the right stats on the Celebi even though Im getting the delay. Im aiming for a frame of 39, so Im doing 38 station switches. This is a seed I used to get the wondercard celebi in Platinum if that matters.

Does wondercard celebi start on frame 1 in Heart Gold? Ive been trying to get the seed for hours now and Im not getting the right stats on the Celebi even though Im getting the delay. Im aiming for a frame of 39, so Im doing 38 station switches. This is a seed I used to get the wondercard celebi in Platinum if that matters.
How are you verifying your delay?
Also try calling ELM 38 times it will work.

I've successfully managed to RNG in the past with Platinum, but things don't seem to be working out for me in HGSS. In order to pinpoint any errors I might be making, I'm going to be very comprehensive.

I am trying to RNG the wondercard Mew. I want its IVs to be 31/x/31/31/31/31.

I am using the following tools:
-RNG Reporter 8.31
-JavaRNG 2.10
-PikaTimer 2.0 (built into JavaRNG)

Catching a few Pokemon at Mt Silver, I see my delay is ~506 and my second is 14. All roamers have been killed off; none of them have been captured. Suicine and Ho-Oh have not been captured, though this should not matter. There is not a synchronizer in my party, I've been to Kanto, done the Pokerus stuff and showed Elm Togepi's Egg.

• Following the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyChWsfHL48 I use JavaRNG to create a list of viable seeds and frames for the IVs I want to obtain using Method 1. I have set None for Synch Nature. I have selected the following line in the output file Spreads1.csv

Code:
10b042f   17   c5ee7cf6    TIMID   0   31   14   31   31   31   31   DRAGON   70
Based on this information I understand that my seed is 10b042f and my frame is 17.

• Because I am aiming for a wondercard Pokemon, I add two to the frame, which makes the frame 19.
  • As per the video, I go to the seed to time function of RNG reporter and input my seed (10b042f) into the Seed (Hex) field. I notice that most other seeds generated with JavaRNG have 8 hexadecimal digits, whereas my seed only has 7. Attempting to generate my seed with RNG Reporter seems to generate 010b042f, and changing my seed in Seed To Time from 10b042f to 010b042f appears to do nothing, so I have concluded that these are essentially the same seeds, and that the 0 at the beginning was probably just omitted.
  • I set the year to 2011, and while my Seconds was originally set to 50, it is now set to 7 (this is what another youtube video had done)
  • I click generate and choose 2011 08 26 11:42:07 with a Delay of 1060. All generated results have a Delay of 1060.
  • Selecting 2011 08 26 11:42:07 1060, I set the Delays to +/- 99 and the Seconds to +/- 9. I understand that this can cause conflicts when doing Elm Responses, but before I couldn't even get Seed to Time to accept my Responses, so changed these variables as per some instructions in a Smogon post responding to this very issue
Setting up the time

• I open PikaTimer 2.0 (though JavaRNG) and enter in my information. My Calibrated Delay is 506, my Wanted Delay is 1060, my Calibrated Second is 14, and my Wanted Second is 7. I click Create Timer, and I'm told that my first Timer is 43.77, my Second Timer is 23.23 and the Minutes Before Target is 1.
  • I set my DS clock to Month: 08, Day: 26, Year: 2011
  • For the time, I set it to 11:41 but don't hit accept. At the same time I press A to accept and click start in Pikatimer, thus starting the countdown. I turn my DS off and on again and launch into the game. I hit A to continue and stand inside the PokeMart waiting for the First Timer to end. I am standing inside Cerulean City PokeMart because I understand the NPCs don't move there, so can't throw off my frame.
  • I hold down start+select+R, the timer dings ...2, 1, 0 and on 0 I hit L which makes the game soft reset. The timer is now counting down the Second Timer 23.23 seconds. I hit A until I get to the title screen and then hit A to get to the list of options. I wait until the program starts dinging and hit A at the same time it dings for 0.
  • I open up PokeGear and call Prof. Elm. My PokeGear already has the phone selected.
  • I get the responses KPEKEEKKP and Search Elm in Seed to Time. I have hit seed 010B043F at 11:42:07 with a Delay of 1076. I was 16 delay's off. Previously I've hit a delay of 1074. I can't seem to get 1060.
This brings me to my questions

• I understand that there is an "Other Delay" field in PikaTimer. Let's say I got an average Delay of 1074 when I searched Elm. Would I input 1074 into Other Delay in PikaTimer, hit update, and that should give me a more helpful countdown?
  • If not (and/or regardless) is there an easier way of setting it up so it's easier for me to hit my delay? In Platinum when I RNG'd there wasn't any waiting for a Timer to hit zero before you hit Continue. When I soft reset in Platinum I only had time to get through the intro movie, title screen and log in...all as quickly as possible. I would prefer to have it like that for HGSS, but I don't think that will be possible unless I pick a seed with a lower delay.
  • All of this aside, even if I can correctly hit my seed, I'm unsure as to what my frame is supposed to be
    • In JavaRNG I generated a list of Method 1 seeds which gave me 10b042f for my seed and a frame of 17, +2 is 19. Calling Elm and accepting a wondercard gift advances the frame by 1, therefore In order to hit my seed I would need to do 9 Elm Calls to check I hit my seed, 9 more calls to hit frame 18, and then accept the wondercard gift, to hit 19.
    • However, If I attempt to generate Pokemon with IVs >= 31/0/31/31/31/31 in RNG Reporter using Method 1 in Time finder (with min/max delays of 490-2500) I get the same seed 010b042f, which has the same PID, the same nature (which is irrelevant), the same hidden power type (Dragon) and the same hidden power power (70). However, the frame is not 17, it's 14. I was generating results with delays ranging from 490-2500 however because it wasn't nearly done after an hour, I ended the generation process and had a look at what was generated. Using the Seed Finder and using Open search on Find Seed by IVs, again I am told that the Method 1 frame for seed 10b042f is 14, not 17, and the delay is still 1060. It is worth noting that it says 10b042f, not 010b042f as it did elsewhere in RNG Reporter. Is the Method 1 frame for this 17 or 14? This is absolutely critical for my efforts to result in success. And am I correct in adding two to the Method 1 frame to arrive at the Wondercard Pokemon frame? Thus making the frame I'm aiming for 19 or 16. Any help on these questions, things I might have missed, and any errors in my procedure would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: 14/3/11

For anyone who might stumble upon this post wanting to know the answers to some of these questions, the wondercard frame I was looking for was in fact 16. Pikatimer was set up with 481, 1060, 14, and 7 for the first four fields and there was an other delay of maybe 1070? which resulted in a total change of -10. First timer was 43.35, second 23.48. See my post on page 1349 for how I at least got a timid nature. Elm responses are PPKKKEKKKEPKPKE, which was fairly easy to memorize, speeding up the process. That's 15 Elm responses. After that you accept Mew, which in itself adds another frame count. I hope this helps someone.

Deleted all the non-Question stuff
  • I understand that there is an "Other Delay" field in PikaTimer. Let's say I got an average Delay of 1074 when I searched Elm. Would I input 1074 into Other Delay in PikaTimer, hit update, and that should give me a more helpful countdown?
  • If not (and/or regardless) is there an easier way of setting it up so it's easier for me to hit my delay? In Platinum when I RNG'd there wasn't any waiting for a Timer to hit zero before you hit Continue. When I soft reset in Platinum I only had time to get through the intro movie, title screen and log in...all as quickly as possible. I would prefer to have it like that for HGSS, but I don't think that will be possible unless I pick a seed with a lower delay.
  • All of this aside, even if I can correctly hit my seed, I'm unsure as to what my frame is supposed to be
    • In JavaRNG I generated a list of Method 1 seeds which gave me 10b042f for my seed and a frame of 17, +2 is 19. Calling Elm and accepting a wondercard gift advances the frame by 1, therefore In order to hit my seed I would need to do 9 Elm Calls to check I hit my seed, 9 more calls to hit frame 18, and then accept the wondercard gift, to hit 19.
    • However, If I attempt to generate Pokemon with IVs >= 31/0/31/31/31/31 in RNG Reporter using Method 1 in Time finder (with min/max delays of 490-2500) I get the same seed 010b042f, which has the same PID, the same nature (which is irrelevant), the same hidden power type (Dragon) and the same hidden power power (70). However, the frame is not 17, it's 14. I was generating results with delays ranging from 490-2500 however because it wasn't nearly done after an hour, I ended the generation process and had a look at what was generated. Using the Seed Finder and using Open search on Find Seed by IVs, again I am told that the Method 1 frame for seed 10b042f is 14, not 17, and the delay is still 1060. It is worth noting that it says 10b042f, not 010b042f as it did elsewhere in RNG Reporter. Is the Method 1 frame for this 17 or 14? This is absolutely critical for my efforts to result in success. And am I correct in adding two to the Method 1 frame to arrive at the Wondercard Pokemon frame? Thus making the frame I'm aiming for 19 or 16. Any help on these questions, things I might have missed, and any errors in my procedure would be greatly appreciated.
Firstly, what I do with Pikatimer is. If I am off a delay that is above 10. I slightly adjust the wanted delay timer. As that will bring up your second timer just a bit, but hopefully not too far past (or before) you true wanted delay.

Like for instance, my recent seed has a delay of 4200 something, and I have my Pikatimer's Wanted Delay set to 4063. The timers are odd like that? I don't quite understand it, but that's more or less how I do it.
I don't use the "other delay" as I never has success with it myself.

Well, I just looked through PokeRNG (which is what you should start using rather than RNG Reporter for Captures seeds) and I got this;

PID: C5EE7CF6 (Timid, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 010B042F, Delay: 1071, Method 1: 14, J (synch): 11, J (no synch): None) HP Dragon 70

Which is exactly what you're abusing for.

So, when you load it into RNG reporter, when you select Method 1, it will be on that of frame 14. Which is what you're gonna want to abuse for. I don't know how you got the frame 18 thing.

When abusing for the frames, it's going to be Desired Frame - Monster Frame (1 for wondercards). So you advance to 13, collect the Pokemon.
So call your 10 times for verification, 3 more times. Than pickup.

If I missed any of your questions or new ones arise. Please do ask.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't use the "other delay" as I never has success with it myself.
The problem with "other delay" is that it fails to take into account the original parameters. An update in the wrong direction can cause you to consistently hit the wrong second. To counteract this, keep changing your first timer to (target + .5 - secondTimer). Alternatively you can use one of my timers as they do this automatically.

So I am having a little trouble with hatching a flawless shiny egg in SS. I am using RNGReporter 8.31 and pikatimer 2.0 and the first oddity I found was when making elm calls to check the seed mine always start one in, for example I would receive eeppkepkp however the search elm would display keeppkepkppk so I'm missing my first elm call. This is able to confirm the seed for me but I am not sure if it effects my frame. (Due to an error I no longer have a shiny egg ready to pick up so I cannot check without putting a new egg in and I would like help with some of this before trying to put the parents in the center again.)

Second question, I am usually hitting a seed on the correct time but it isn't too uncommon to be hitting a seed one second early, what should I adjust in what I do or on pikatimer so that I am not hitting the wrong time? (when changing the calibrated seconds from 14 to 13 I usually go over my target time so I want to change something that can give me a little delay so I always hit 14, but I am unsure where and when to add it.)

Related, what time or action should I look at changing to hit a lower or higher delay?

Finally, once you know your calibration and when using pikatimer do you need to A-mash to get into the game during the first timer and again to get to the continue screen during the second timer, or does the game entry speed not matter so long as I am in the game and soft reset at the first zero and hit continue at the second zero.

Thanks for your help with this.

So I am having a little trouble with hatching a flawless shiny egg in SS. I am using RNGReporter 8.31 and pikatimer 2.0 and the first oddity I found was when making elm calls to check the seed mine always start one in, for example I would receive eeppkepkp however the search elm would display keeppkepkppk so I'm missing my first elm call. This is able to confirm the seed for me but I am not sure if it effects my frame. (Due to an error I no longer have a shiny egg ready to pick up so I cannot check without putting a new egg in and I would like help with some of this before trying to put the parents in the center again.)
You likely have a roamer or a wandering NPC advancing your frame. If you get a good amount of Elm calls correct in a row, even if they don't start where RNG Reporter says they should, then chances are you have the correct seed.

Second question, I am usually hitting a seed on the correct time but it isn't too uncommon to be hitting a seed one second early, what should I adjust in what I do or on pikatimer so that I am not hitting the wrong time? (when changing the calibrated seconds from 14 to 13 I usually go over my target time so I want to change something that can give me a little delay so I always hit 14, but I am unsure where and when to add it.)
Not sure what to say here because I never used Pikatimer. You may want to consider just pressing A as fast as you can and do conventional calibration to find easy delays. You shouldn't need Pikatimer for Gen IV Eggs anyway.

Related, what time or action should I look at changing to hit a lower or higher delay?
How fast it takes to get from loading the game to hitting Continue is your delay.

Finally, once you know your calibration and when using pikatimer do you need to A-mash to get into the game during the first timer and again to get to the continue screen during the second timer, or does the game entry speed not matter so long as I am in the game and soft reset at the first zero and hit continue at the second zero.
Never used Pikatimer. Again, it shouldn't be necessary for Gen IV Eggs.

Thanks for your help with this.
Hope this helps!

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to catch a flawless Abra on Route 25 using sweet scent on HG.
I have found the required seed and have entered all the information into RNG reporter. I have found that when i sweet scent on the selected seed it will find me an Abra.

However, i use PikaTimer 2.0 to create a timer for me.
No matter how accurate i think i'm doing it, i never hit my seed, or anything near it. I use the Search Elm function and it comes up with no results.

I am pretty sure my calibration is right.
The first 5 times i did calibration checks i got consistant 6s and values around 490 for delay. The second time i tried, after an hour or so, i got consistant 13s and values around 490 again.

I'm using a flashcart, so maybe that has to do with the inconsistent times?
I also have emerald in the gba slot, which gives me even delays, which is what i need (delay of 638 needed).

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to catch a flawless Abra on Route 25 using sweet scent on HG.
I have found the required seed and have entered all the information into RNG reporter. I have found that when i sweet scent on the selected seed it will find me an Abra.

However, i use PikaTimer 2.0 to create a timer for me.
No matter how accurate i think i'm doing it, i never hit my seed, or anything near it. I use the Search Elm function and it comes up with no results.

I am pretty sure my calibration is right.
The first 5 times i did calibration checks i got consistant 6s and values around 490 for delay. The second time i tried, i got consistant 13s and values around 490 again.

I'm using a flashcart, so maybe that has to do with the inconsistent times?
I also have emerald in the gba slot, which gives me even delays, which is what i need (delay of 638 needed).
I don't know how you get 6seconds for you calibrated delay I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

I managed to catch my seed, now i am 1 frame from the encounter.
I am on my bike, and i need to use sweet scent.
Should i advance my frame by 1 by an elm call and then sweet scent or sweet scent only? I'm unsure whether sweet scent advances a frame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)