Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hey, so i finally successfully RNG'd a Dialga on my Diamond version a little bit ago but it was a Modest nature seed with 31/31/31/31/31/31 and what i really wanted was a Mild nature one, i am carrying a mild syncronizer with me as well, if i keep trying this seed will it always be modest or will my syncronizer work if i keep trying this seed? I have hit my delay and got the flawless modest one like 5 times but each time its been modest? So i searched for hours trying to find a Mild seed with 31/31/31/31/31/31 but havent been able to even find one. Can someone help me please? thanks!

hey, so i finally successfully RNG'd a Dialga on my Diamond version a little bit ago but it was a Modest nature seed with 31/31/31/31/31/31 and what i really wanted was a Mild nature one, i am carrying a mild syncronizer with me as well, if i keep trying this seed will it always be modest or will my syncronizer work if i keep trying this seed? I have hit my delay and got the flawless modest one like 5 times but each time its been modest? So i searched for hours trying to find a Mild seed with 31/31/31/31/31/31 but havent been able to even find one. Can someone help me please? thanks!
There are no hex flawless Mild seeds, simple as that.

lol at your post count after this xD 1337. anyway so even with a mild syncronizer i can never obtain a mild flawless dialga?
No,this is the best:
PID: e46333ad (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: 60160398 Method 1: 463, J (synch): 292, J (no synch): 296, K (synch): 294, K (no synch): 450) HP STEEL 70

or you can try with this spreads ---V (take a look of this "
J (synch): xxx" & " J (no synch): xxx " on each seed )

PID: 06d81aa3 (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/2/31 (Seed: fa130e66 Method 1: 216, J (synch): 215, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 213, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

PID: 49f3574e (MILD, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/10/31 (Seed: 7f1102af Method 1: 149, J (synch): None, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 148, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

PID: f13de4dd (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/15/31 (Seed: ae0805f0 Method 1: 83, J (synch): 28, J (no synch): 56, K (synch): 29, K (no synch): 30) HP DARK 70

PID: a0602e63 (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/22/31 (Seed: 07010e74 Method 1: 114, J (synch): None, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 113, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

PID: 9773db2e (MILD, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/6/31 (Seed: fc0e0f46 Method 1: 169, J (synch): 2, J (no synch): 6, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 24) HP STEEL 70

PID: e46333ad (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/30/31 (Seed: 60160398 Method 1: 463, J (synch): 292, J (no synch): 296, K (synch): 294, K (no synch): 450) HP STEEL 70

PID: 41eeccb8 (MILD, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/26/31 (Seed: fe0a0489 Method 1: 45, J (synch): 26, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 26, K (no synch): None) HP STEEL 70

PID: ad3adf93 (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/7/31 (Seed: de150d99 Method 1: 411, J (synch): 252, J (no synch): 310, K (synch): 246, K (no synch): 256) HP DARK 70

PID: 4adb1fed (MILD, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/10/31 (Seed: 9d010df2 Method 1: 109, J (synch): 92, J (no synch): 94, K (synch): 95, K (no synch): 96) HP STEEL 70

How can you advance your frame if you are RNGing a Starter in HG/SS??? :/
IIRC... one of the professor aids is an NPC that will advance the frame when he turn.
If its an option try to find a seed with desired rng ivs/gender/etc. that is the same frame as your desired starter

Edit
IIRC... one of the professor aids is an NPC that will advance the frame when he turn.WRONG!
an NPC outside the lab will advance the frame when it turn
If its an option try to find a seed with desired rng ivs/gender/etc. that is the same frame as your desired starter
~correct
Thanks POJ

The only way is with NPCs. So that's what sucks about Starter RNG in HGSS... but it's still possible on a cart! I successfully did it, but it was super annoying.

You'll have to find a seed with a frame that is really close to your starter's starting frame (Like, for Chikorita, find a seed that is frame 1 or frame 2-3, or something. I was able to hit 7 for Chikorita, but I just got lucky). Then if your frame is above the starter's starting frame, you'll have to save one step outside of Elm's Lab, attempt to hit your seed, and once you get into the game go inside right away to reduce the amount of advancements by the NPCs (If your frame is like 1 or 2 away from your starting frame). I hope that makes sense.

If your target frame is the same as your starter's starting frame, just save inside Elm's Lab right before you're going to pick your starter, and then hit your seed and pick your starter.

Since you can't verify your seed with Elm calls, you have to verify using IVs (So an AR would be super helpful). Also, an emu makes things so much easier.

Here are the starting frames if you need them:

Chikorita: 1
Cyndaquil: 5
Totodile: 9

Edit: Semi-ninja'd :P And, Dark Chaos, there are no NPCs in the lad. He'd have to use the ones outside.

Yes, Sweet Scent and Honey (I think Honey, not sure) advance the frame by 2 or 3, depending on your game. It will be consistent for that game.

For example, every time I sweet scent, the frame is advanced by 2 always.

:)

Advancing the frame

It is still possible to advance the RNG by walking\turning in an area with wild Pokemon. However this method is inconsistent; sometimes it advances by 1, 2, or not at all. It should not be relied upon for predictable advancement.
According to this post on the first page of the thread, turning/walking is inconsistent. I haven't tested it myself, but I think this information is correct!

^It's correct. Not sure about "not at all" part, as I've never seen this happen. Also from my experience, it rarely advances by 3 or 4. (I don't remember though.)

All right, here we go. I have a couple more questions regarding breeding in Emerald as opposed to 4th gen breeding.

Okay, this is going to be a bit long, but I know I need to provide as much info as I can. I am aiming for the frame 15117 (4:11.95) for breeding an adamant Dratini. The spread is 31/B/A/21/31/A. Parent A is an adamant Ditto with all flawless, and parent B is a "quite impressive" Dratini with flawless HP/Attack/special def. I tried for the frame and got "average ability" with flawless attack. Stats were 19/13/9/9/10/11. So the IV's I found were 0-17, 31, 0-9, anything (special attack can only be 9), 0-19, 20-31. This means that on the frame I hit, a letter was not present for HP or special defense. The parent Dratini has 0-11 speed, so B was not present for speed on this frame. The parent does have 0-9 defense, so B might have been present for defense. I checked RNG Reporter, setting the criteria according to the IV's I found. HP <= 17, attack = 31, defense <= 9, special attack was left blank, special defense <= 19, speed >= 20. I am believing my timer is way off because all the frames within half a second of my target frame have a letter in HP or special def, a B in speed, or an A in defense or special attack which would cause the IV range to go over "average". I checked splits and alternate inheritance. Am I missing a possible frame within half a second? There's no way I could be more than 30 frames away if the timer is accurate. I am using Pikatimer if that means anything. Is there a better timer out there?

Also, in your opinion, is 4th gen breeding easier than 3rd gen? It just looks so much more complicated with the changing of the date and delays and all that, whereas in Emerald it's just waiting and hitting A at the right time. I am wondering because people in the "Discuss My Pokemon" thread seem to be doing more 4th/5th gen breeding, and almost all the 3rd gen stuff comes from an emulator, which I will not be using. In other words, if my timer is being dumb and I don't "need" certain Pokemon to beat the Battle Frontier and Orre Colosseum, would I have an easier time doing 4th gen breeding?

Also, in your opinion, is 4th gen breeding easier than 3rd gen? It just looks so much more complicated with the changing of the date and delays and all that, whereas in Emerald it's just waiting and hitting A at the right time. I am wondering because people in the "Discuss My Pokemon" thread seem to be doing more 4th/5th gen breeding, and almost all the 3rd gen stuff comes from an emulator, which I will not be using. In other words, if my timer is being dumb and I don't "need" certain Pokemon to beat the Battle Frontier and Orre Colosseum, would I have an easier time doing 4th gen breeding?
Cant help you with emerald but as for breeding
4th gen is the easiest, at least to me because
#You can control the advancement of frame
#Hitting a target time is somewhat easier than Emerald
#Pokemon are easier to rng( IV, Nature, Ability, shinyness(somewhat))

but this is just from my viewpoint, I will attempt emerald rng when I stop playing Reach

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
All right, here we go. I have a couple more questions regarding breeding in Emerald as opposed to 4th gen breeding.

Okay, this is going to be a bit long, but I know I need to provide as much info as I can. I am aiming for the frame 15117 (4:11.95) for breeding an adamant Dratini. The spread is 31/B/A/21/31/A. Parent A is an adamant Ditto with all flawless, and parent B is a "quite impressive" Dratini with flawless HP/Attack/special def. I tried for the frame and got "average ability" with flawless attack. Stats were 19/13/9/9/10/11. So the IV's I found were 0-17, 31, 0-9, anything (special attack can only be 9), 0-19, 20-31. This means that on the frame I hit, a letter was not present for HP or special defense. The parent Dratini has 0-11 speed, so B was not present for speed on this frame. The parent does have 0-9 defense, so B might have been present for defense. I checked RNG Reporter, setting the criteria according to the IV's I found. HP <= 17, attack = 31, defense <= 9, special attack was left blank, special defense <= 19, speed >= 20. I am believing my timer is way off because all the frames within half a second of my target frame have a letter in HP or special def, a B in speed, or an A in defense or special attack which would cause the IV range to go over "average". I checked splits and alternate inheritance. Am I missing a possible frame within half a second? There's no way I could be more than 30 frames away if the timer is accurate. I am using Pikatimer if that means anything. Is there a better timer out there?

4th gen is easier once you learn it IMO. And yes you were probably 30 frames off (did you search through split frames and alternate inheritance as well?). The game doesn't advance at exactly 60frames/sec but very slightly slower than that. Simply enter the frame you hit as for the update and you'll get closer. Remember if you're consistently off by 30 frames before you adjust then it's not your fault.

EonTimer is more accurate I've heard so use it if you're on Windows.

4th gen is easier once you learn it IMO. And yes you were probably 30 frames off (did you search through split frames and alternate inheritance as well?). The game doesn't advance at exactly 60frames/sec but very slightly slower than that. Simply enter the frame you hit as for the update and you'll get closer. Remember if you're consistently off by 30 frames before you adjust then it's not your fault.

EonTimer is more accurate I've heard so use it if you're on Windows.
Yes, I checked through splits and alternate. I didn't exactly figure out what frame I hit because being so far from the right frame means I could have hit a lot of stuff. So chances are I hit much before my frame as opposed to after it? I'll check again.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well not too much before it. It would be much easier if you figured out all of the exact IVs of your parents though.

Well not too much before it. It would be much easier if you figured out all of the exact IVs of your parents though.
I understand. I know that 9 out of the 12 parent IV's are flawless, but I'm not sure of parent B's defense, special attack, or speed. I just downloaded EonTimer, so I'm thinking about just saying forget this one and trying the new timer. Plus I for some reason don't have any Rare Candies to level up the parent Dratini.

Edit: All right, I hit frame 15120S. Wonderfully outstanding, flawless attack/special attack/special defense. Defense was 30-31 (must have been 30), HP was 18-31, and speed was 0-19. So I found frame 15,120S (26, B, 30, A, 31, 5). The nearest one that fit was some alternate inheritance frame like 7 seconds away. I found that frame 6274S gives flawless physical, so I guess I'll go for that one. If I'm in splits and the chance of hitting a split frame is 50%, then logically I should go for frame 6274S instead of frame 15,117 because 1:44.56 is less than half of 4:11.95.

Can anyone help me? :(

===================================

Dratini() format from kingn lol
(OT Kurt| ID 5723)

31|31|31|31|31|31
Hidden Power:

Nature: Mild|Ability:Shed Skin
Available: UT Lvl 5
Moves: Body Slam / Mimic / Double Edge
Notes: Emulator used.
===================================​
Proof of concept for Egg PID RNG in Emerald. Easy on an emulator, just needed to hit the particular frame on VBA after I calibrated with Spindas. In conclusion, it's just as easy as RNGing a Method 1 Pokemon, and is definitely doable on carts. I used the spreadsheet to give me a target frame (which was shiny), and I hit it.

Here's what I did:

Emerald Egg Calibration

1. Deposit Spinda and Ditto, and walk 254 steps by counting with repels.
    • Use different IDs if you can.
    • Have 1 Pokemon remaining in party (Magma Armor/Flame Body preferred).
  2. Save. Open up your two stage timer.
  3. Soft reset, enter game as soon as the timer tells you as you can and walk steps to trigger the 255 stepcounter Egg Decision.
  4. See if an egg has been generated.
    • If there is an egg, go get it and hatch it.
    • If not, soft reset and go back to step 3.
  5. Deduce Spinda PID with Spinda Painter.
  6. Using eepid.exe, enter the Decimal PID from the previous step, using a Min/Max of 400-2000.
  7. Observe results.
    • You can repeat by just going back to step 3.
  8. Exit eepid.exe when you are done.

Emerald Egg Target Frames

1. Keep Spinda and Ditto in there, we have to hit our frame once to get our timer calibration (LOL).
  2. Walk the 254 steps, save.
  3. Find your target frame from the spreadsheet, you can filter to whatever criteria you want including shiny.
  4. Your calibration in addition to your timer length is unique to yourself. Each game has different load times (I think), so you have to adjust the second stage timer so that the frames you are hitting are later.
  5. Once you have deduced your timer calibration, try to hit your actual frame. Verify with Spindas. If you get close you can probably put the real parents in and try from there.
  6. Eventually, get your target Egg.

oh and king_n wasnt the first to PID abuse gen 3 eggs (although you can say he was the first to do it in emerald), I did one in R/S back when I found out the PID/(IV) method. To the researcher goes the spoils :P
My eepid results are:
- high = 6098 (0x17D2)
- low = 59998 (0xEA5E)

Now what should I do with these numbers? And where can I download the spreadsheet in the spoiler?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)