MS Paint Gallery

His torso looks unnaturally bent out of shape near the center. The lines wouldn't really go off to the side like that because they are simply lines in his torso, they would curve with his torso, at least, thats what I think. His Drill is incredibly under detailed and looks really out of place compared to the rest of it. Also, what are you trying to accomplish with the arms? They look like your trying to make arm-arms, but they also look like your trying to do flippers at the same time. You're not really hitting the in between. Since this is Pokemon, and generally cartoon y, I think you can get away with just having the flippers flat and flabby while acting as arms would when they are in motion. There is some inconsistencies in the thickness of your lines. In the darker areas of gets thicker for no reason while in the other areas its really thin. I highly suggest not outlining the dirt to make it look as flat as possible next to the sand whale and make him pop out more. Use thicker outlines on the whale because I really do think it would look better with a thicker black outline then it would look with a solid black outline that does not use a lot of AA.

Good job nonetheless.

Criticism noted and thanks for the detail in it Cshadow. Seems like a lot of your gripes are more of stylistic concerns though which is fine. Line thickness, lack of AA, fin structure and the outlining of the dirt are all deliberate additions or taken from the original design. In particular with the dirt it is an essential part of the Pokémon so I don't want him to feel separated out from it. The lines on the stomach and drill simplicity are things I should go back and fix.

I'm looking for more consistency. To have it thicker in one area (well, noticeably thicker anyways) with no transition just looks really odd. As for the sand, it will still look like it's part of this, but it will make the sand whale pop out, as well as make the gritty sand details around his nose, and the ones falling from it look much nicer imo.

Thanks for listening, and good luck fixing it

I did a little spriteset of my beloved Cascavian. I've improved a bit since I did the design so cramming the tall creature in was easier than I thought it'd be.

A beautiful sprite for a lovely design, Wyv.
The ruffled, neck and pointed 'hair' give it an elegant appeal. My favorite aspect is how liquid the arms and chest appear to be. I could almost imagine it standing on a foot, perfectly still, except for the swishing and waving of its arms, like a whirlpool of motion, inflicting a hundred hits in the blink of an eye.

One of my favorite CAP designs since the beginning of the project.

I love Cascavian with all my heart. I'm going to say that I liked it better when he wasn't jammed into such a small area, but it still looks too awesome.

holy shit, I wonder if this is love...no, i'm freekin serious...I love you...I love who ever can do pixel art this magnificent. I'm not even half as good as you...I thought i was good before, then I saw the people here that scratch, and I realized that i wasnt as good as I thought I was...

I was looking at that vaporeon you made...simply exemplary...I love how you made it look liek it was blocky and not smooth...and I'm having trouble figuring it out...could please explain the process you do? did you make your own colors? or did you use the colors from an existing sprite? I like the use of heavy outlines...I'd love to learn from you directly though....

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Jesus christ, it makes me so happy to see pure genius in the world, and it is sooo obvious in your spriting/artistic ability. You're incredible.

I'm trying to remember my favorite things from going through this thread, but I really just love it all because it's all fantastic? I love that you're creating new Eeveelutions though, my secret dream is that pokemon won't stop being created until eevee has an evolution for every type. :x

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Holy crap dude-- I love your spritework and art in general. I find it terribly difficult to make anything coherent with pixels and you are obviously so skilled. Drawing ability mixed with ability to do this kind of art is WOW

(deleted pic)

Well i'm back with my own Krillowatt rendition to celebrate the exciting start of CaP 11. I've been getting into putting more effects on my work recently. Also thanks to the guys who said it looked a bit washed out to them. I deepened the colours up in an attempt to make the shading pop out a bit more.

Cute krill forever!

Woah, epic Superwatt to the rescue!

I like the black for contrast, 'dude' :toast:.
More intense colours works particularly well in the context of your CAP art because they tend to compliment the dynamic poses quite well.

Thanks toons, but speaking of more intense colours:

I felt like working on this more. I think I rushed the little guy too much haha.

now those colors are intesnse, I felt the others werent too intense, but you fixed it. very nice. I've been doing sprites like these recently...I was going to do a bunch and then show them off in thread...

It's alive! It's alllliiiiive!

Time to polish off the gen 4 CaPmons before the new series gets underway. It's extremely nostalgic looking back at the creation of these creatures both competitively and artisticly. DougJustDoug's Voodoom design really reasonated with people after a slow start with a Jack the Ripper type creature. I'm glad that we continue to get such great talent within CaP each run and hope that everybody is ready for the new generation.

I've never seen you around here before :o

Your work is...simply amazing. I especially love your Krillowatt and Revenankh pixel art, and the deer, and...all of it. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be with MS Paint. Your new Voodoom is looking great so far as well.

How long does it take you to make these? I assume a long time, since this just got necro'd, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)