My First UU Team

Hey All,

I made my first UU team and was wondering what everyone thinks (this is also my first RMT post, so sorry if I did anything wrong!). :) I wanted to base a team around Milotic, so ... here is my attempt.

If I was to change anything I would make the following change:
Dusclops -> Chandelure
Darmantian -> Hitmontop
Umbreon -> Bisharp

I'm not sure if that would be an improvement, though. I would lose out on a lot of recovery/healing (Umbreon's wish + Dusclops rest), though I would gain rapid spin. The team wouild also definitely shift to a much more offensively oriented team than the defensively oriented team it currently is.

So, without further ado, the team:

Pokemon 1 - Deoxys-D

Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
Spikes - I chose to use Spikes over Toxic as a lot of my team can burn the opponent.
Taunt - Taunt is here to potentially block the other team's entry hazard setter if they lead with him.
Stealth Rock - Stealth rock is a pretty standard entry hazard and it + spikes can knock off a lot of HP.
Psychic - Psychic provides my team with a psychic attack and allows Deoxys to do something after entry hazards have been set. Originally toxic was here but I found that I really needed an attacking move on Deoxys more, especially since he doesn't have any form of self recovery.

Reason: Deoxys-D is the entry hazard setter for the team. He is able to set both spikes and stealth rock, and has the bulk and speed to get both of them out. He isn't meant to do anything other than get those entry hazards out, so he is built solely towards that purpose. His pressure is a bonus as it helps my defensive core get a start stalling the other team's pokemon.

Pokemon 2 - Dusclops (M)

Nature: Calm
Item: Eviolite
EV Spread: 252 HP / 176 Special Defense / 80 Defense
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
Rest - The first 1/2 of restTalk, this keeps Dusclops up and makes him nearly impossible to take down.
Sleep Talk - Allows Dusclops to actually do useful things while sleeping.
Night Shade - My team's ghost attack; its mostly something for Dusclops to do while stalling.
Will-O-Wisp - Works well with restTalk, allowing Dusclops the potential to inflict status.

Reason: Dusclops is part of the team's defensive core. He blocks rapid spin users, to ensure that Deoxys hazards stay on the field. He can keep himself alive pretty well and inflict status and hurt the enemy. His pressure ability is great for the team as so many of my pokemon are good at stalling.
*Edit* I am currently trying out a Pain Split set (replace rest with Pain Split, and Sleep Talk with either Taunt or Toxic). I am also seeing how using a pain split Cofagrigus instead of Dusclops works.

Pokemon 3 - Milotic (F)

Nature: Calm
EV Spread: 252 HP / 192 Defense / 56 Special Defense / 8 Speed
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves:
Rest - The first 1/2 of restTalk, and it synergizes perfectly with Marvel Scale.
Sleep Talk - Allows Milotic to function while asleep.
Scald - A nice damaging move that also inflicts status, perfect for restTalk
Dragon Tail - If opponents try to boost themselves up this can usually solve the problem. It also works well with restTalk.

Reason: I wanted to design a team around Milotic, so of course I need Milotic on the team. :p She functions as part of the defensive core on the team, and like dusclops is incredibly difficult to take down.

Pokemon 4 - Shaymin

Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 252 HP / 180 Speed / 76 Special Attack
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:
Leech Seed - Allows Shaymin to heal itself in addition to Leftovers, giving him some bulk.
Protect - I use this to give Shaymin a turn of Leftovers + Leech Seed healing
Seed Flare - A great STAB grass attack for Shaymin.
Hidden Power - Ice - This is my team's only ice move and is useful for when something with an ice weakness comes up. Shaymin has special attack to make good use of it.

Reason: Shaymin functions as part of the defensive core, and also packs a punch with its Seed Flare. Hidden Power - Ice is along to provide the team with a decent ice attack (the only ice attack the team has). I used a leech seed variant to keep it alive, and make sure it can further stall the opponent's team. Shaymin also functions as my prime special attacker.

Pokemon 5 - Darmantian (M)

Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Scarf
EV Spread: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves:
Flare Blitz - Huge fire attack, I usually can kill at least 2 pokemon with this.
U-Turn - Allows Darmantian to scout if I need him to - I don't use this too much.
Rock Slide - A big rock attack that is useful on occasion.
Superpower - A big fighting attack that is useful on occasion.

Reason: The team needed a physical attacker and a fire attack, and Darmantian fills both roles excellently. He uses a choice scarf to hopefully outspeed whatever competition he might run up against. There isn't too much more to say about him.

Pokemon 6 - Umbreon (F)

Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Defense
Ability: Synchronize
Moves:
Curse - Pretty much the only boosting move on the team, its value is its increased defense
Baton Pass - I can use this to pass curse on to one of my walls
Wish - Umbreon functions as a wish-passer
Payback - My team's only dark attack. Since Umbreon is slow it usually hits for double damage.

Reason: The team needed something strong against ghost and dark attacks (as I have a ghost and a psychic pokemon) and Umbreon fills that role. Deoxys-D and Darmantian also like wish support, which Umbreon can provide. Shaymin also appreciates a big boost to its HP. Finally Umbreon can baton pass curse on over to one of my special walls, as they appreciate the boost in defense while not caring so much that they lose some speed. Payback is there to provide Umbreon (and my team) with a decent dark attack move. As a bonus Umbreon is also a bit of a wall himself, and can stall with by healing himself with wish and cursing himself.
*Edit* I replaced Mean Look with Payback

---

Things I was considering:

Mew

Mew would provide great baton pass support instead of Umbreon, but the psychic typing means half of my team would be weak to ghost/dark attacks.

Victini

Victini would've been a great replacement for Darmantian for the role of physical fire attacker, but its psychic typing gives it the same drawbacks that Mew has.

Bisharp

Bisharp has perfect typing for my team, and is a great physical attacker. But if I replace Darmantian with him I'm lacking fire/fighting attacks on the team. If I replace Umbreon with him I'm lacking wish and baton pass support. I could certainly reconfigure the last two slots to be Bisharp + Hitmontop, but I'm not sure if that would actually be better.

Hitmontop

Hitmontop can use rapid spin, which is great. He also uses fighting type attacks, which my team lacks. However most of my pokemon have quite a bit of self healing available to them, couple with wish means that entry hazards as not as much of a priority. That said rapid spin is of course still incredibly important. If I were to bring in Hitmontop I would bring him in as part of a Hitmontop + Bisharp combo. I'd likely want Hitmontop over Donphan as I don't need Donphan's stealh rock (unless I was switch out Deoxys-D) and I'd want the fighting type attacks that Hitmontop can bring to the table.

Chandelure

Chandelure was a contendor for Dusclops' slot, but I thought chandelure was a bit too frail for the sort of team I was building. That said it does bring fire attacks to the table, and if I was to run with Hitmontop + Bisharp I would probably replace Dusclops with Chandelure.

*Edit* - Threat List
I noticed that a few other posts put down what they noticed they were having trouble with, so here is mine:
* I run with Deoxys as the starter, and if the opponent uses a fast bug as their starter its hard for me to get a handle on it
* Victini can do a lot of damage, even to milotic
* I had trouble with Rhyperion as a starter for some reason, despite technically having a lot of answers to him. This may have just been me misplaying things though.
* Bisharp was actually a problem for me the one time I ran up against it
* If my Deoxys can't taunt their entry hazard setter stealth rocks can really hurt my Darmantian.

I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface of UU, and those 'threats' are things I only ran into once and had problems with. I rarely see the same pokemon more than once. One pokemon I've seen a few times is Mismagius, and I don't exactly have a good answer for her but my special walls are generally able to stall her out. Same thing with Spiritomb.

No replies? I've been playing games but there are so many pokemon in UU that I'm not sure if I'm addressing threats correctly or whatnot. I'm also not sure how to change/fix what I already have (for instance - is it worth it to add snarl to Umbreon - there are a few times when I've seen it might be worth it, but plenty of times when it would be useless).

Cofagrigus can do what your Dusclops is doing much better, and it can shut down physical attackers thanks to Mummy while walling spinblocers at the same try. Try it if you'd like.

Try to elaborate more on the details of your pokemon. Also, never.... ever..... ever............ curse baton pass to a pokemon with a scarf. Thats like bad..... Not dissing, i like the team, but try to curse pass to milotic for even more resttalk trolling. Dont use mean look on umbreon, unless you have toxic on it. Also cofagirus does eliminate physical threats, while having access to toxic and will-0-whisp. Replace dusclops with cofagius. Good luck

Cofagrigus can do what your Dusclops is doing much better, and it can shut down physical attackers thanks to Mummy while walling spinblocers at the same try. Try it if you'd like.
Try to elaborate more on the details of your pokemon. Also, never.... ever..... ever............ curse baton pass to a pokemon with a scarf. Thats like bad..... Not dissing, i like the team, but try to curse pass to milotic for even more resttalk trolling. Dont use mean look on umbreon, unless you have toxic on it. Also cofagirus does eliminate physical threats, while having access to toxic and will-0-whisp. Replace dusclops with cofagius. Good luck
Yeah ... passing to Darmantian it seemed like a good idea in my head, but it never worked when I tried it. I've curse passed to dusclops and that seemed to work fine. I found that actually having a physical dark attack on Umbreon seemed to work well as opposed to mean look when I was playing around with stuff. So I'll change him up.

For Cofagrigus, is he really better than Dusclops? Both of you recommended him, but I've had a lot of success stalling with the dusclops restTalk (the pressure ability really helps there).

If I was to use Cofagrigus I don't know if I'd want to use Haze or Calm Mind. I can see strengths to both of them. I'd definitely want to run with Rest, Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Ball (or maybe Hex, since things will hopefully be burned from milotic/cofagrigus or poisoned from deoxys). Are either of them better for UU, in general? From prior battles I can see places where both would have shined.

And sorry for not including enough details on the pokemon. :( I'll try to edit more details in. Since I'm using pretty standard sets at the moment the FAQ was implying I shouldn't put in too much info.

An importable version of your team would be great for them team testers. Other than that, nice team. I like the variation of stall, offense, and use of hazards!

Your dusclops would work fine, but he needs a healing move. Instead of having 2 sleeptalkers (Milotic is great), dusclops should run same nature, ev's, but have pain split, will-o-wisp, night shade, and taunt. Taunt to cripple deoxys and opposing dusclops. Night shade if any opposing taunts. Pain split is perfect when you have low health, as it averages the opponents with yours, meaning you gain and they lose.

An importable version of your team would be great for them team testers. Other than that, nice team. I like the variation of stall, offense, and use of hazards!
Thanks - I spent a bit reading up on things before trying to make a team. I feel like its gelling pretty well but its still not where I think it can be. How do I do an importable version? Is it just attaching the team file?

Your dusclops would work fine, but he needs a healing move. Instead of having 2 sleeptalkers (Milotic is great), dusclops should run same nature, ev's, but have pain split, will-o-wisp, night shade, and taunt. Taunt to cripple deoxys and opposing dusclops. Night shade if any opposing taunts. Pain split is perfect when you have low health, as it averages the opponents with yours, meaning you gain and they lose.
I can see that working, but rest also cures status. I've never used pain split - I can see its offensive value, but doesn't it decrease in value after a few applications? I'll try it out though, and I'll also try out Cofagrigus. Who knows, maybe it will work better (and provide a little more offense :) ).

I really like the team and while Ive always preferred Cofagrigus over Dusclops, the team you have now would work fine, if you were'nt using Milotic. However I will suggest adding a spinblocker instead of Dusclops because you don't need 2 RestTalkers on one team. How about Mismagius or Froslass instead, due to the fact it has good Speed, and Froslass can set up Spikes, whereas Mismagius can pull off sweeps if used correctly. My personal favorite Defensive core is Donphan (Rapid Spinner + Stealth Rock) Roserade (Toxic Spikes) and Froslass (Spikes + Rapid Spin Blocker). And also In my opinion, I hate Umbreon, I don't know why but it never works for me, so I always use Audino, Clefable, or Togekiss for my Wish Support. -_-. And thank goodness Darmanitan is being used more, it's so strong! If you want to grab a battle tomorrow evening my Trainer Name is MikeGiorlando, and yes it's UU.

I really like the team and while Ive always preferred Cofagrigus over Dusclops, the team you have now would work fine, if you were'nt using Milotic. However I will suggest adding a spinblocker instead of Dusclops because you don't need 2 RestTalkers on one team. How about Mismagius or Froslass instead, due to the fact it has good Speed, and Froslass can set up Spikes, whereas Mismagius can pull off sweeps if used correctly. My personal favorite Defensive core is Donphan (Rapid Spinner + Stealth Rock) Roserade (Toxic Spikes) and Froslass (Spikes + Rapid Spin Blocker). And also In my opinion, I hate Umbreon, I don't know why but it never works for me, so I always use Audino, Clefable, or Togekiss for my Wish Support. -_-. And thank goodness Darmanitan is being used more, it's so strong! If you want to grab a battle tomorrow evening my Trainer Name is MikeGiorlando, and yes it's UU.
No one likes Dusclops on my team ... :p I"ll be trying out other Cofagrigus later tonight. I don't think mismagius or froslass would fit - I have a lot of success with a defensive ghost on the team, and those are much more offensive. They definitely have their places though. I may try them out if I find myself needing more offense in the future, for sure. :)

Umbreon is a pokemon with a very specific niche, I think. He happens to fit excellently on my team due to his typing and stat distribution, but for most teams I think his speed and low hp stat really hurt his wish capabilities.

I might be around tomorrow evening - my trainer name is the same as my posting name here, I think. :)

No one likes Dusclops on my team ... :p I"ll be trying out other Cofagrigus later tonight. I don't think mismagius or froslass would fit - I have a lot of success with a defensive ghost on the team, and those are much more offensive. They definitely have their places though. I may try them out if I find myself needing more offense in the future, for sure. :)

Umbreon is a pokemon with a very specific niche, I think. He happens to fit excellently on my team due to his typing and stat distribution, but for most teams I think his speed and low hp stat really hurt his wish capabilities.

I might be around tomorrow evening - my trainer name is the same as my posting name here, I think. :)
Alrighty, and beware a Scarfed Heracross doesnt come and rip a hole in your team :)

Wish is not Cleric. That's Wishpasser. Cleric Umbreon runs Heal Bell.

Running 2 RestTalkers seems very unnecessary and makes you very susceptible to p-hazing, worst case scenario is that half your team will be asleep and you get smacked around left and right. I'd recommend changing Dusclops' moveset to Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Night Shade/Toxic.

Is running that much speed on Deoxys-D a necessity? You might want to change the nature to Bold or Calm and move a few speed EVs there: Deoxys has a rather fast 90 Speed for a wall, so unless you want fast Taunts(in which case use Sableye) you should focus more on survivability and getting your Spikes up.

Wish is not Cleric. That's Wishpasser. Cleric Umbreon runs Heal Bell.

Running 2 RestTalkers seems very unnecessary and makes you very susceptible to p-hazing, worst case scenario is that half your team will be asleep and you get smacked around left and right. I'd recommend changing Dusclops' moveset to Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Night Shade/Toxic.

Is running that much speed on Deoxys-D a necessity? You might want to change the nature to Bold or Calm and move a few speed EVs there: Deoxys has a rather fast 90 Speed for a wall, so unless you want fast Taunts(in which case use Sableye) you should focus more on survivability and getting your Spikes up.
Sorry, I don't know all the terminology well yet. I'll fix it. :)

Everyone agrees with you about having two resttalkers. It hasn't hurt me a ton yet as I've been playing, but I will try out pain split dusclops and rest cofagagris.

I'll try the dusclops both with toxic and taunt. It seems to me that having both will-o-wisp and toxic on the same pokemon is a bit redundant? I can't imagine an occasion where I'd rather put poison on over burn.

As for the Deoxys I wanted to make sure I could get in a fast taunt (which often-times lets me get a 'free' stealth rock as my opponent switches). But I sometimes do have trouble keeping him alive long enough to lay down spikes (I thought his great natural stats would take care of that). Problem is I don't know the metagame well enough to know how much speed is 'enough'.

Poison allows you to kill things faster and prevent opponents from Recover-stalling in your face?

You might want to refer to the UU Speed Tiers article (it's still under construction in the Articles section of C&C, but it should be good enough)... as you should be somewhat familiar with what threatens Deoxys, you can just run enough speed to Taunt them and that's it. Timid 252 feels a little too unnecessary IMO and you should capitalise more on his excellent bulk...

Poison allows you to kill things faster and prevent opponents from Recover-stalling in your face?

You might want to refer to the UU Speed Tiers article (it's still under construction in the Articles section of C&C, but it should be good enough)... as you should be somewhat familiar with what threatens Deoxys, you can just run enough speed to Taunt them and that's it. Timid 252 feels a little too unnecessary IMO and you should capitalise more on his excellent bulk...
Wouldn't taunt also prevent recover though?

I didn't know about the speed tiers article, I'll go take a look. Thanks. :)

*edit* Just looked ... didn't see a link to the article? I saw ubers tiers and little cup, though.

As they said earlier, Cofagrigus is better than Dusclops.
other than Darmanitan, this team seems rather defensive, so I reccomnd a Bisharp - swords dance/sucker punch/night slash/brick break

As they said earlier, Cofagrigus is better than Dusclops.
other than Darmanitan, this team seems rather defensive, so I reccomnd a Bisharp - swords dance/sucker punch/night slash/brick break
But if I'd lack any sort of fire attack then - seems a bit risky to me?

Milotic is better than Suicune in my opinion because personally, I hate using legendaries lol but I feel like Milotic takes hits and uses Recover to annoy, and Toxic to slowly burn HP, I have used Suicune but I've had better results with Milo.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Milotic is better than Suicune in my opinion because personally, I hate using legendaries lol but I feel like Milotic takes hits and uses Recover to annoy, and Toxic to slowly burn HP, I have used Suicune but I've had better results with Milo.
Im sorry mike, but "I hate using legendaries lol" is the worst argument I have ever heard :3. He is running a rest talk set, and so none of what you said is relevant. I actually believe suicune would be a better fit, as he has a special wall in umbreon, and suicune is able to take physical hits much better. He also roars instead of d tailing, which is actually useful as he can phase away subs, and avoids any potentially game breaking misses. In addition, suicune is able to bluff Cro, which means many people will try to set on him. He is a much better fit for your team IMO. Also, your deod description really irked me, as a. He does not have access to toxic spikes, so he could not run them at all. B. he does have access to reliable recovery.

I would suggest changing some his set, moving the speed Evs to either defence (up to you), replacing toxic with recover, and taunt with magic coat. Now, it seems to me like taunt is mainly to stop opposing taunts and opposing toxics/hazards. Magic coat does all of this, and prevents them from taunting you as they are taunted, reflecti g their hazards back, and toxicing them. In addition, it works no matter what your speed is, so say a sableye tries to taunt you, they are now taunted and practical,y useless, giving you spikes set up oppurtunities. Minor, but replace psychic with psyshock to deal much more to roserade.

I would also replace curse and baton pass with heal bell and toxic/protect on umbreon, allowing him to provide more utility to your team, and there Is no one who can really mak use of the passed curses. Darmanitan does not fit on your team at all, as yours is a very heavy stall team based on residual damage, and so I suggest replacing him with donphan. Donphan is a very physically sturdy spinner, who is also able to set up rocks for your team, opening up a moves lot on deoxys, which you can fill with your move of choice. He is also able to spin away hazards, and as spike stacking offence/stall is so common at the moment, it is key to have a spinner. I recommend a set of head smash-earthquake- rapid spin stealth rock, with a simple spread of 252 hp 252atk, giving him both bulk and power.

If you want, you could replace protect with rest on shaym in, as natural cure means that he can fully heal himself with rest and then switch out, cured of his sleep immediately. Another option is to replace him altogether with a spiking rose rade, who forms a formidable defensive core with suicune and donphan. Deod would then not be needed, and so you could replace him with bulky arcanine to form a fwg core.

Of course, all these changes are just suggestions, and I do not want to change your team too much, so just pick and mix from these suggestions if you wish ;P

Just as a closing note, you often state that "you will lack x type attacks if you replace y", but your team is not focused around dealing heavy damage to the opponent through super effective attacks, it is based around spreading residual damage until the opponent finally cracks, so type coverage is not needed nearly as much as on a more offensive team.
GL!

Im sorry mike, but "I hate using legendaries lol" is the worst argument I have ever heard :3. He is running a rest talk set, and so none of what you said is relevant. I actually believe suicune would be a better fit, as he has a special wall in umbreon, and suicune is able to take physical hits much better. He also roars instead of d tailing, which is actually useful as he can phase away subs, and avoids any potentially game breaking misses. In addition, suicune is able to bluff Cro, which means many people will try to set on him. He is a much better fit for your team IMO. Also, your deod description really irked me, as a. He does not have access to toxic spikes, so he could not run them at all. B. he does have access to reliable recovery.
The one thing I won't change on the team is Milotic - I wanted to base a team around Milotic, so changing her out defeats the point of that.

You misread the Deoxys description then. I said he had access to Toxic and Spikes, not both. I originally had both Spikes and Toxic on Deoxys, but I found that Toxic didn't seem to be worthwhile so I dropped it for Psychic. And I know he has access to recovery, but on the set I have him on right now he has none, meaning he needs wish support at the moment.

I would suggest changing some his set, moving the speed Evs to either defence (up to you), replacing toxic with recover, and taunt with magic coat. Now, it seems to me like taunt is mainly to stop opposing taunts and opposing toxics/hazards. Magic coat does all of this, and prevents them from taunting you as they are taunted, reflecti g their hazards back, and toxicing them. In addition, it works no matter what your speed is, so say a sableye tries to taunt you, they are now taunted and practical,y useless, giving you spikes set up oppurtunities. Minor, but replace psychic with psyshock to deal much more to roserade.
I like that - that is what I was using Taunt for - I didn't know magic coat worked that well. I actually haven't run into Roserade much, but I like the psyshock replacement as well. The things I would tend to use it against have higher special defense than defense it seems. I'll try out both of those things. :)

I would also replace curse and baton pass with heal bell and toxic/protect on umbreon, allowing him to provide more utility to your team, and there Is no one who can really mak use of the passed curses. Darmanitan does not fit on your team at all, as yours is a very heavy stall team based on residual damage, and so I suggest replacing him with donphan. Donphan is a very physically sturdy spinner, who is also able to set up rocks for your team, opening up a moves lot on deoxys, which you can fill with your move of choice. He is also able to spin away hazards, and as spike stacking offence/stall is so common at the moment, it is key to have a spinner. I recommend a set of head smash-earthquake- rapid spin stealth rock, with a simple spread of 252 hp 252atk, giving him both bulk and power.
The curses I generally use to pass a defense buff on to my stall teammates (as they don't care about speed much), and Umbreon himself can use the curses. But, I'll think about the change and try it out a bit. :)
As for Donphan, its true he's a rapid spinner but wouldn't hitmontop be a better one for the team? I guess donphan is really sturdy, and would free up a slot for Deoxys.

If you want, you could replace protect with rest on shaym in, as natural cure means that he can fully heal himself with rest and then switch out, cured of his sleep immediately. Another option is to replace him altogether with a spiking rose rade, who forms a formidable defensive core with suicune and donphan. Deod would then not be needed, and so you could replace him with bulky arcanine to form a fwg core.
I like the change of protect -> rest. Protecting while leftovers + leech seed drain things doesn't work as often as I'd like. I might switch Shaymin around to be a bit more offensive then. I don't think I'd want to switch him out for roserade though.

Of course, all these changes are just suggestions, and I do not want to change your team too much, so just pick and mix from these suggestions if you wish ;P

Just as a closing note, you often state that "you will lack x type attacks if you replace y", but your team is not focused around dealing heavy damage to the opponent through super effective attacks, it is based around spreading residual damage until the opponent finally cracks, so type coverage is not needed nearly as much as on a more offensive team.
GL!
This is true, but even so, being able to bring out something like darmantian and kill a really troublesome poke (even if darmantian also dies right after) has saved me quite a few times.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spikes - I chose to use Spikes over Toxic Spikes as a lot of my team can burn the opponent.
Taunt - Taunt is here to potentially block the other team's entry hazard setter if they lead with him.
Stealth Rock - Stealth rock is a pretty standard entry hazard and it + spikes can knock off a lot of HP.
Psychic - Psychic provides my team with a psychic attack and allows Deoxys to do something after entry hazards have been set. Originally toxic was here but I found that I really needed an attacking move on Deoxys more, especially since he doesn't have any form of self recovery.
You most certainly did say those things :p
And the fact that he doesn't currently have recover is why i suugested changing the set a little, and with donphan you have a free moveslot to run recover in, although you may feel that you are able to bounce back SR enough of the time with magic coat, I strongly suggest giving him recover over SR either way.

Heal bell on umbreon also allows you to wake up milotic as she rests, and also if you go for cofagrius as many people have said his only form of recovery is rest, and so you can wake him up too :)

Anyway, glad to hear you're considering some of my suggestions, let me know how your testing goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)