Nah, I'm not really into Pokemon

Do you still play Pokemon?

• Total voters
I've plated on the simulators on and off in the past, but I mostly stick to the carts and playing with friends; my buddies don't know much about the deeper Pokemon mechanics, and I've been lurking Smogon and consulting the site for a while, so I tend to steamroll 'em, hehe. When I feel like getting utterly destroyed myself though, that's when I fire up something like PO.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No, I used to battle a lot everyday and won my share of tournaments but I haven't had a competitive match in years and don't plan to ever play one again. I also have next to no interest in the new game releases, I didn't even bother to check the new 5th generation Pokémon and I dont really like how Pokémon in general has evolved since the 3rd generation.

But maybe I'll play a challenge cup battle or two.

I am all over the place. I will play on simulators competitively often for a month or a couple weeks, die down, play the cart, beat it, forget about it for a year, play with friends, and be obsessed with battling for a month with them... eh.

I have been lurking smogon since about 2008 though, and even if I am not playing I am constantly checking back up here every day. Even if its just theorymoning. I think its actually just because its part of my daily routine, and I have to follow it.

Wake up. Open Laptop. Check Email. Check Website. Check Webcomics. Check Facebook. Check Smogon. Shower, eat, go to school/work, etc etc etc.

I may delve into pokemon once or twice a month and play heavily for a day on some simulator.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah you totally knew me when this all happened so you are totally in on the "in crowd" right??????????????????????????? hahahahaha hilarity abounds!

(not that Synre trying and failing to quip on it is any better)
We created the Quote Database to make your "entertaining" personality accessible for all. Please stop trying to deny it to our users. Thank you.

I don't battle competitively much, but I still do some speedruns - currently working on completing Colosseum in one sitting as fast as possible (not 100%, that would be too annoying).
Single segment Colosseum speedrun? Oof, good luck with that. I actually still have an 8:32:18 clear time on my Ruby from last year even though I had no idea what I was doing (giving actual names to my hero, rival and Pokemon? What the fuck is this shit?). Still, some of the stuff I did was pretty cool, like Marshtomp scoring a crit with Ice Beam on Winona's Altaria for the OHKO, and it was all worth it in the end when I figured out that if I had used the Master Ball on Groudon to save myself the hassle and time of battling it, I might as well use it to rip Steven a new one.

I used to be a pretty decent Ubers player back in Gen IV, but I kinda lost interest in Pokemon afterwards. Ubers in particular was all team advantage, and I made my best leaderboard run by exploiting a hyperoffensive metagame. It was its own form of skill, but it didn't feel good winning just by team advantage.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The problem is not the time needed to ladder. The problem is the time needed to figure out the metagame, and think of ways to beat it.
How to beat it: Use Rain.

:)

Anyways, I'm still playing competitive pokemon. I almost dropped off because I found Post-Mence DP to be extremely dull but luckily BW is out so I don't have to think of that horrendous gen anymore.

I Nuzlocke a LOT, but I've never actually made it through a single challenge because I create additional rules for myself which ends up making it even harder.

I also like VGC, although I had to miss last year's competition which made me kinda hate that those kinds of events are only once per year.

I really enjoy all the Pokemon games (the main series ones at least) and I keep fairly current with the competitive metagames from what I read here, though I'm not battling at the moment due to having to switch computers. I have a Mac now and I'm still getting to grips with it and the differences between it and Windows and I'm not even sure if any of the battle simulators work on Macs, I haven't even done any art since I got this computer because I don't even know what good art programs there are for Macs (though honestly I haven't really checked any of this out yet).

I am looking forward to playing in Gen V once the dust settles and the metagames/tiers decided.

I actually didn't want to get Black / White on the DS but then I started playing it competitively on PO, as well as seeing the screenshots, and now I want to get those games. I always wanted to get into VGC, but I never had the time or motivation to RNG a team (I got an AR over the holidays so I'll just hack a team). I really only play Gen V OU and Gen V LC nowadays, but I'll sign up for any remaining Gen IV tourneys. I'm not going to quit playing anytime soon. This game is just way too addicting IMO

I battled quite a lot in the NetBattle era. But when Shoddy came out, for some reason I just...lost interest. I still use Shoddy occasionally, but have yet to download the new simulator.

I do, however, enjoy having repeated battles with a number of friends over local DS play. It's just more fun that way to me. Plus we have like, tons of alternate and quirky rulesets that make the gameplay more interesting that you could never get the online community to agree to.

Still play casually (doing a Nuzlocke atm), but I'm not that much of a competitive player anymore. I used to be quite active in 4th gen UU and OU, might pick up on UU when banlists and shit get sorted out.

Nah, not really. I started learning how to RNG abuse because it's challenging. But, pokemon is nowhere near the top of my priorities.

yeah you totally knew me when this all happened so you are totally in on the "in crowd" right??????????????????????????? hahahahaha hilarity abounds!

(not that Synre trying and failing to quip on it is any better)
[01:40:38] <cookie> fearow/hypno/missy/golem/meganium/golduck
[01:40:42] <cookie> yeah i 6-0'd ck's team
[01:40:47] <m0nkfish> haha nice
[01:40:54] <CaptKirby> you only 6-0ed me with all your shit at like 20%
[01:40:58] <CaptKirby> stop pretending you asshole
[01:40:58] <CaptKirby> >:(
[01:41:03] <m0nkfish> thats still a 6-0!
[01:41:04] <cookie> yeah it was still a 6-0
[01:41:09] <CaptKirby> yeah but come on
[01:41:10] <ghost> 6-0 is 6-0
[01:41:14] <CaptKirby> a 6-0 where you have one pokemon at like 20% is one thing
[01:41:20] <CaptKirby> but I damaged EVERY single thing on your team substantially
[01:41:22] <cookie> so
[01:41:31] <CaptKirby> I just lost out to your switching and the like trying to set up my sweepers
[01:41:31] <cookie> did you get to 100% with any of them?
[01:41:36] <CaptKirby> lol
[01:41:41] <CaptKirby> you are acting like the 6-0 is impressive
[01:41:45] <CaptKirby> your 6-0 over me was basically a 2-0 at best
[01:41:46] <CaptKirby> is my point
[01:41:48] <cookie> rofl
[01:41:57] <m0nkfish> hahaha ck how can you deny that a 6-0 is a 6-0
[01:41:58] <CaptKirby> all that matters is who won and lost
[01:41:58] <m0nkfish> i dont get it
[01:42:00] <ghost> except it was 6
[01:42:03] <CaptKirby> how do you not get it
[01:42:12] <ghost> you didn't kill anything
[01:42:14] <ghost> regardless
[01:42:14] <CaptKirby> a 6-0 matters when you like destroyed a team with a Dragon Dance Gyarados and it was embarrassing
[01:42:15] <m0nkfish> because youre ignoring the basic facts that he had 6 surviving pokemon and you had none
[01:42:19] <CaptKirby> not when everything was damaged like fuck anyway
[01:42:29] <cookie> stop trying to create an 'equivalent' score for my win margin
[01:42:33] <ghost> lol
[01:42:36] <m0nkfish> thats even worse because you managed to not KO a single thing even though you had no massive weakness
[01:42:41] <ghost> haha

[01:43:36] <CaptKirby> anyway cookie obviously you well outplayed me
[01:43:45] <CaptKirby> but your bragging about 6-0 makes it sound like you DESTROYED me
[01:43:46] <CaptKirby> which is not what happened
[01:43:55] <cookie> i DID destroy you
[01:44:02] <CaptKirby> not even close
[01:44:03] <m0nkfish> destroyed
[01:44:04] <m0nkfish> 6-0
[01:44:05] <m0nkfish> destroyed
[01:44:09] <CaptKirby> the only person who has destroyed me at uu is husk
[01:44:15] <ghost> 6-0 is destroyed alwats
[01:44:18] <ghost> oooh
[01:44:27] <CaptKirby> it is not you fuckass
[01:44:32] <ghost> yes it
[01:44:33] <ghost> is
[01:44:43] <ghost> 6-0 means you didn't even get close to beating him
[01:44:50] <ghost> you couldn't take out even 1 pokemon
[01:44:52] <CaptKirby> when they are all stuck down around 20% range then yes
[01:44:54] <CaptKirby> it means I did get close
[01:45:00] <cookie> close is nothing
[01:45:02] <ghost> you got close to killing 1
[01:45:04] <ghost> 6 times
[01:45:10] <ghost> good job
[01:46:22] <CaptKirby> anyway I am not embarrassed about losing with my underused team at all
[01:46:28] <CaptKirby> it is all rby and all physical and mostly sweepers

[01:46:28] <AncienRegime> and i basically used rest on all my mons
[01:46:33] <AncienRegime> so all of them were at 100% health
[01:46:48] <AncienRegime> and i screenshot it
[01:46:50] <cookie> did your opponent still complain that it wasn't a 6-0
[01:47:02] <ghost> it probably wasn't cookie
[01:47:10] <ghost> he almost killed 1 mon
[01:47:17] <ghost> that makes it a 2-0 at best
[01:47:31] <CaptKirby> I almost killed six pokemon, which makes it a 2-0 at best

[01:48:48] <CaptKirby> anyway I am not claiming cookie did not 6-0 me
[01:48:54] <CaptKirby> I am claiming it it not an embarrassment

[01:52:20] <m0nkfish> so ck yes or no: did cookie 6-0 you
[01:52:24] <m0nkfish> simple one word answer
[01:52:25] <m0nkfish> yes or no
[01:52:31] <CaptKirby> yes, he 6-0ed me, and it was as meanginful as a typical 2-0

To be honest i am not to into pokemon for the show or the game although I do like all of the options and possibilities for a pokemon's set I would say I only play to win in a competetive game

I don't have home internet...I've been on simulators only a few times. I mostly raise Pokemon in my cartridge game and battle my Pokesavving friend who always has a team of 6 ready. this means I can't do ANY B/W playing until I get it in April. The pain...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)