Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

Guys he's literally just going with Adrian Veidt's plan from Watchmen. He doesn't think people can stop being haters so he's gonna have everyone focus their hate on him.
No I thought his plan was unleashing the monster on manhattan to force cooperation by the governments against a common foe (the monster) instead of each other, not necessarily himself since he's the puppet master behind the scenes, not the guy in focus. A bit similar but not exactly.

Anyways we got some of the rah-rah speech out of the way, time to see some fighting hopefully.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As long as next week means we finally get to the damn fight, I'm happy. His speech was pretty bullshit though and made me want to punch a hole in a wall.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So read the mangastream scan, and it helped--I think--but it still comes down to the same thing; Sasuke starts to point out something true in noting that Itachi was a true ninja of great ideals who wasn't recognized by anyone (and recognition is such a big theme of Naruto). Ultimately though, he's not able to spin this into any reasonable logic to back killing everyone and ultimately controlling everyone by force (fuck he might as well just take over the mugen tsukuyomi and just stop the zetsufication).

While Sasuke utterly fails at spewing anything but mental vomit, I do like how Kishi has played off the character's histories-- Naruto as the awkward flunker who is comfortable with a hopeful yet imperfect world, a human one. And Sasuke the flawless talent demanding a perfect white one (which is ultimately only white from his own subjective standpoint brought about by forcefully imposing his vision on others-- much like many progressives in the real world lolz).

I'm debating whether this chapter's vagueness is enough to compel me to actually find and buy the magazine next week and read the raw Japanese, but I really don't have expectations that Sasuke's drivel could be any better regardless).

Ultimately though, he's not able to spin this into any reasonable logic to back killing everyone and ultimately controlling everyone by force
His logic is that Itachi's actions were necessary to maintain the peace and that by having everyone focus their hate on him instead of each other, the peace could continue to be maintained. It makes perfect sense since Sasuke is under the impression that the hate in the world will never disappear. Now see, Sasuke thinks that because Itachi left him alive, Itachi's plans were meaningless. He couldn't bring himself to kill his brother, so Sasuke's hate couldn't be entirely focused on just Itachi. If the hate is spread out amongst other people, then they'll fight amongst each other like the Leaf and the Uchiha did.

Basically, Sasuke's logic is that people will never stop hating each other. So you need to focus everyone's hate on a common enemy so they won't kill each other. Sasuke wants to become that common enemy by killing all the Kages, but the only problem is that Naruto will never be able to perceive Sasuke as an enemy, therefore he needs to die before his plan can work. This fight will probably end with everyone coming together and showing Sasuke that they can't hate him either, so his plan wouldn't be able to work even if he did kill Naruto.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Sasuke's soliloquy wasn't without logic. He is essentially saying the previous Hokage was a false title and that it truly belonged to his brother. He then proceeds to say how Itachi's duty as that true Hokage was not fulfilled because his actions didn't change the system set up by the Hokage. That is why he intends to send the world ablaze to start anew. Essentially, Kishi is leading him down the same path as Madara, which was shown in a panel near the end.

The logic isn't great and fails to capitalize on opportunities to expand the character that he set up through Itachi's and the previous Hokage's revival and interactions with Sasuke. That is what is truly disappointing here.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
His logic is that Itachi's actions were necessary to maintain the peace and that by having everyone focus their hate on him instead of each other, the peace could continue to be maintained. It makes perfect sense since Sasuke is under the impression that the hate in the world will never disappear. Now see, Sasuke thinks that because Itachi left him alive, Itachi's plans were meaningless. He couldn't bring himself to kill his brother, so Sasuke's hate couldn't be entirely focused on just Itachi. If the hate is spread out amongst other people, then they'll fight amongst each other like the Leaf and the Uchiha did.

Basically, Sasuke's logic is that people will never stop hating each other. So you need to focus everyone's hate on a common enemy so they won't kill each other. Sasuke wants to become that common enemy by killing all the Kages, but the only problem is that Naruto will never be able to perceive Sasuke as an enemy, therefore he needs to die before his plan can work. This fight will probably end with everyone coming together and showing Sasuke that they can't hate him either, so his plan wouldn't be able to work even if he did kill Naruto.
I got the theory-- I said it's vomit because it's entirely impractical and retarded. You can't lead people who all hate you; not just the masses but literally every person. You can't make decisions and shape society as Sasuke proclaimed he would.

Plus all the revolution, fire/ashes, and shadows bs is literally unintelligible.

My problem is that Sasuke's plan for "improving" the world involves murdering a buttload of people to begin with, which is hypocritical and makes no sense.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
If Chou is correct in his assessment that Naruto is Ninja Jesus, Sasuke will defeat him in the final battle only to have Naruto rise from the dead and shoulder the hate of the world in order to preserve peace in the world and set Sasuke free of his inner demons.

That would probably be a better outcome than what we can expect though.

Crux

Banned deucer.
sasuke is either a hobbesian leviathan of lelouche and i can't tell which either way it's not as retarded as you guys are making it out to be but it's still pretty silly

I was starting to see a Code Geass resemblance, but Lelouch let himself die after shouldering the hate while Sasuke thinks he can live on as leader of the world. He still has some explaining to do considering what he said makes 0 sense. Even if he's supposed to be stubborn and whatnot, he doesn't have to be stupid.

Apparently going to be a short fight as final chapter in 5 weeks:

http://kotaku.com/the-naruto-manga-ends-next-month-1642809700
Kishimoto is really rushing the ending of Naruto. You can obviously tell he has no more desire in Naruto. He just wants to finish his story and move on to his other manga he created recently. It's pretty sad, as a writer Kishimoto is sub-par at best. There are still a lot of answered questions in Naruto that I feel he won't address which is sad. But oh well it was a good 15 year run for Naruto.

Kishimoto is really rushing the ending of Naruto. You can obviously tell he has no more desire in Naruto. He just wants to finish his story and move on to his other manga he created recently. It's pretty sad, as a writer Kishimoto is sub-par at best. There are still a lot of answered questions in Naruto that I feel he won't address which is sad. But oh well it was a good 15 year run for Naruto.
tbf I would find a story boring if I worked on it continuously for 15 years and had to put out a chapter every week

Reactions: TLS
I hope it's ending in the next 5 weeks because Jump is forcing Kishi to finally pull the fucking plug and not because Kishi planned it to. I mean it took 3 weeks to get a proper explanation on Sasuke's idea of hokage and now the series is ending in 5 chapters.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
one of the pages is lifted exactly from valley of the end with no alterations...like come on kishimoto theres five chapters left u bitch...

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh fighting hype... kyub vs susanoo hype... wait talking? why... no NO NO STOP TALKING oh motherfucker

fuck you kishi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)