Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

It seems pretty obvious that Sasuke will hesitate and then flashback
As much I don't want to believe this I think you're 100% correct. Sasuke can't bring himself to killing his friend. To the Sakura point, I don't think she'll make it in time to jump in front of Naruto and Sasuke.

I guess this is as good a time as any for a timely save by Sakura to beat the crap out of Sasuke more. After all she can probably hit far harder than either of them still.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
If Chou is correct in his assessment that Naruto is Ninja Jesus, Sasuke will defeat him in the final battle only to have Naruto rise from the dead and shoulder the hate of the world in order to preserve peace in the world and set Sasuke free of his inner demons.

That would probably be a better outcome than what we can expect though.
I just realized this is still a possible outcome.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I like the ADHD outcome the most. Nice little flashback to the old days.

I seriously loved this chapter though, and could really feel the emotion and tension within. No super crazy abilities that took the whole chapter to charge up, nothing like that. Just pages and pages of back and forth ass-kicking. I wasn't too fond of the absorption bit at the end, because the cliffhanger is more than likely going to lead to something shitty. Perhaps Sakura will take a fatal blow of sacrifice and everything will go crazy. Maybe even Naruto will reveal some secret power that fucks over Sasuke, or like mentioned, a flashback will fuck with Sasuke's head and make him not go through with it, forever exposing Naruto as the weaker of the two. Regardless of the result, I think there's a 90% chance I'll be unhappy with it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the ADHD outcome the most. Nice little flashback to the old days.

I seriously loved this chapter though, and could really feel the emotion and tension within. No super crazy abilities that took the whole chapter to charge up, nothing like that. Just pages and pages of back and forth ass-kicking. I wasn't too fond of the absorption bit at the end, because the cliffhanger is more than likely going to lead to something shitty. Perhaps Sakura will take a fatal blow of sacrifice and everything will go crazy. Maybe even Naruto will reveal some secret power that fucks over Sasuke, or like mentioned, a flashback will fuck with Sasuke's head and make him not go through with it, forever exposing Naruto as the weaker of the two. Regardless of the result, I think there's a 90% chance I'll be unhappy with it.
^I guess that's the thing-- I wouldn't mind the cliff-hanger if I could tell this was going to be a Naruto-v-Neji-esque outcome, and this was just the last swing to Sasuke before the end where Naruto pulls out some clever shit.

But, reasons to doubt:

The thing is Naruto has had so many crappy swings since the Neji fight I just don't trust Kishi to come up with anything good like that anymore, and he's pretty much portrayed Naruto at wits end during this chapter (which again makes absolutely no sense given Naruto's canon superior endurance-- not to mention Naruto's canon superior speed appears nowhere in this fight which is dumb, and Naruto's canon elemental advantage appears nowhere in this fight which is dumb-- fuck, this fight feels less canon than a One Piece movie js).

But, reasons for hope:

I guess one thing to remember though is that this is almost a mirror scene to the end of the Hashirama v. Madara fight, where at the very end of his limits, Hashirama finds in himself the resolve to kill Madara for the sake of the village, and uses his Mokuton clone to finish it. Here Naruto is in the same situation-- pressed in a fight disadvantaged by his lack of will to kill, and maybe he actually has the same last reserves as Hashirama. Sasuke may have the Rinnengan's ability to fall back on, but Naruto has the Ashura-line body, and the will of fire. He has the similar Shadow clone tech to Hashirama, so he's put in the same situation-- to kill, or be killed.

And from this situation, a fantastic conclusion could be pulled forth if Naruto finds an answer where Hashirama failed (to not kill his friend).

^ easy answer, his clone takes the hit and Naruto comes from behind to KO the fuck out of him. Then maybe rip out his eyes and recreate normal eyes for him so he's far less of a threat and ends the whole Uchiha stuff.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought that was pretty nice, but like you'd def die if you had your arm in that state (i.e. not there) for that long ...

can naruto regenerate his arm???

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
he'll probably discover how to regenerate his arm next chapter

also that chapter was really good

Last edited:
And at the end the most powerful jutsus out there was created by a Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto.

A jutsu that doesn't need any seal to be performed (but somehow you should teleport to a special dimension), a jutsu that a lot of people before him tried to use but failed miserably (looking at you Hashirama!), the ultimate jutsu that saved the ninja world (but not his arm, at least not this chapter).

The Superguaimimai megapowerful ultrainfinite TALK NO JUTSU!!!

Edit: Saskuke is still an emo. Loser.

And at the end the most powerful jutsus out there was created by a Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto.

A jutsu that doesn't need any seal to be performed (but somehow you should teleport to a special dimension), a jutsu that a lot of people before him tried to use but failed miserably (looking at you Hashirama!), the ultimate jutsu that saved the ninja world (but not his arm, at least not this chapter).

The Superguaimimai megapowerful ultrainfinite TALK NO JUTSU!!!

Edit: Saskuke is still an emo. Loser.
Try again

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The next chapter is a double chapter (we'll get two full chapters next week) - the second one is all in color.

Then there'll be 700 chapters exactly as some predicted.

Also, their bloodstains on the last page sort of form a heart ahah. It's close enough to a kiss >_>

Was wondering how long it would take for them to lose some arms from all those jutsus they've been flinging. Though Naruto can easily recreate missing limbs now, once he gets some chakra back.

Still sad it's all about to end, all these years of following it...now what? It's like when Harry Potter ended many years ago, just kinda leaves a boring void to fill. I mean, I guess there's Bleach, but it jumped the shark long ago and is decaying slowly as well.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would be loltastic if they couldn't undue the eternal tsukuyomi without their ying-yang seal hands (which got blown up).

Overall satisfied, even though there was nothing cunning/inspiring in the end.

Edit: Also, anyone notice Sasuke used his right eye mangekyo for the kagutsuchi when canon it's his left eye that casts Amaterasu?

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, that chapter was just fantastic. I don't care how much talking there was, that was beautiful. I'm really happy that it didn't end up being some sort of bullshit to make things more complicated. It was very simple, but oh so powerful. I can't for next week to see it all wrap up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)