Nationwide Gamestop Pokemon Tournament Discussion Thread

Okay Fish, the Grandville one claims they aren't hosting it, just an NCAA one, despite what the site says. The Caledonia one IS hosting it but they have no idea on the specifics. They are still awaiting rules, registration, and exact time of day details.

It would be cool if Grandville was hosting it at a different time and I could make both of them.

Hahah, they will do these here in Puerto Rico as well. There are 3 Game Stops in the nearest town to where I live, and they will all host it lol.

Umm why the hell is there only ONE location in Kansas, and why is it in Shawnee Station, wherever the hell that is, and not at one of Wichita's five Gamestop/EB locations

=\\\\\\\\\\\

Speaking of 5k as I'm in Michigan too, which store did you see the ad in, I live in Kalmazoo pretty close to where Fish lived and wondered which gamestop as there's several in that area.

Edit: I thought this was only 1 page because Fish just linked it for me, and now I feel dumb.

Dammitt all to hell and back, they can't use the one here in town, nor the one 30 minutes away, they have to pick one an hour away. I'm definitely not going now because of that (and I already have PBR anyway, but I could scalp the copy on eBay if I won).

I just called my local Gamestop (in Silverdale, WA), and the guy said all pokemon up to 490 will be accepted, so everything but Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, it seems. He also said they will be looking at the type of ball the pokemon is in, moveset, abilities, as well as shiny-ness (in his words, "if it's unreasonable, then the trainer can't compete"). No information about the general clauses though.

Crap, so this is a "screw the metagame" type of thing? I mean, no rules in the ad, so that leads me to assume they won't include any (especially seeing as how they just put this out now). Canada really needs to get off our arses and do something, I hate missing out on this kind of thing! I love this kind of "no rules" madness, and I'd love to get out there and beat some 7-year old's HYPA BEAMA MEWTWO (see : is Special now, and may actually kill something if EV Trained)!

I'll lend someone my team if they send me the T-Shirt if they win :P

Oh that's handy, there's one about 90 seconds from my house.

I still think all the Michiganders should try and go to one event though! Going to see if I can get the day off tomorrow.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Crap, so this is a "screw the metagame" type of thing? I mean, no rules in the ad, so that leads me to assume they won't include any (especially seeing as how they just put this out now). Canada really needs to get off our arses and do something, I hate missing out on this kind of thing! I love this kind of "no rules" madness, and I'd love to get out there and beat some 7-year old's HYPA BEAMA MEWTWO (see : is Special now, and may actually kill something if EV Trained)!
Oh great. No Sleep Clause???

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
- Agility
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass

Yep. Sash the hit, Spore, Agility, Belly Drum, and then BP away. Should they switch, you Spore again. Forces every team to run fast pogeys and Substitute, and perhaps some Chesto/Lum Berries/Sleep Talkers/Snore

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Arseus said:
Chill, nothing was said about rules yet. Still need to know if it's 1v1 or 2v2 etc. In any case I have draft 1v1 and 2v2 uber item clause teams ready, but they'll need to be changed pending rules on stuff like sleep/item clause.

Also, the Poughkeepsie NY one is definitely closest to me.

Chill, nothing was said about rules yet. Still need to know if it's 1v1 or 2v2 etc. In any case I have draft 1v1 and 2v2 uber item clause teams ready, but they'll need to be changed pending rules on stuff like sleep/item clause.

Also, the Poughkeepsie NY one is definitely closest to me.
Well it doesn't really matter to me, cause I live in Canada, and am doing stuff with my friends that day anyway :P Wish all you guys the best of luck though. Also, Jibaku, I doubt many people who will be at Gamestop that day will run that sort of set, or any competitive set at all. Competitive players seem to be a minority out of all the people who buy the games.

I called about 7 of the gamestops in texas and all but one didnt have a clue even though their stores are on the list at gamestop.com. The one that did know told me "ahh yes it is a pokemon tournament, using the pokemon on your ds game you will battle with other people using pokemon battle revolution."...needless to say they are all useless.

Haha that is very humorous. 2 of my gamestops that are supposedly hosting it, didn't have a clue about it. Maybe the manager is keeping it a secret from them.

I wonder how they will host the tourney, my gamestop is cramped with little room, and only 2 tv's. And I dont think only 4 players will be playing at one time, so I wonder where will other tv's go.

The UK seems to be getting a D/P counterpart to this with GAME suggesting they may host their own when D/P is actually released...that could backfire on them major big time, in my opinion...and for everyone out there in the good ole US of A, good luck and enjoy your tournament, I'm sure Ninty will provide a world tourney at some point for us all to battle it out in...

The UK seems to be getting a D/P counterpart to this with GAME suggesting they may host their own when D/P is actually released...that could backfire on them major big time, in my opinion...and for everyone out there in the good ole US of A, good luck and enjoy your tournament, I'm sure Ninty will provide a world tourney at some point for us all to battle it out in...
and get DQ'd for being Canadian. Yeah, great. But I can't really see something like that happening until at least next summer anyway, if it happens at all.

VERY excited, now. There are no less than 6 stores in the Richmond/Midlothian, VA area and I'm already training a few Ubers tonight. Oh baby. It's gonna be clash of the titans time!

Actually considering a flich-hax Togekiss, too.

I know of at least one person who I know will show up where ever I end up competing, but like Jibaku said... stay the hell away from Midlothian on the 21st if you don't want to lose :)
and get DQ'd for being Canadian.
Yeah, I remember last JAA when one of the finalists was DQed for being a maple leaf. Pretty sad, really. I'd like there to be an official "North American" tournament, personally.

Can someone tell me exactly what gives off hacked Pokemon to PBR? I probably need to use action replay for this since I won't have time to breed and EV train an entire team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)