Sports NBA Thread: 2023-2024 Season

The West play-in is looking siiiiiick. If the Mavs choke again, I am time traveling back to this topic 15 years ago when "lol mavs" was a meme.

If the Suns choke, that'll be hilarious too because of the amount of money spent on their big three. It should put an end to that era.

If the Lakers choke, well, they missed out on a huge opportunity to have an easy first round matchup with OKC.

Warriors and Kings, I honestly don't think I'd look at them any different than i already did beginning of the season.

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
The West play-in is looking siiiiiick. If the Mavs choke again, I am time traveling back to this topic 15 years ago when "lol mavs" was a meme.

If the Suns choke, that'll be hilarious too because of the amount of money spent on their big three. It should put an end to that era.

If the Lakers choke, well, they missed out on a huge opportunity to have an easy first round matchup with OKC.

Warriors and Kings, I honestly don't think I'd look at them any different than i already did beginning of the season.
i think best case scenario mavs get through the first round matching up with either okc, wolves, or clippers

suns will choke tbh its a matter of time they havent had a performance all szn where im like yeah thats whos next

lakers will choke fs they're just a worse version of last year imho

i want warriors to go deep but tbh i dont think they will

kings might make a sneaky run tbh they look super good

Also Hauser went crazy yesterday from deep, and probably would have set a newsworthy record for the Celtics.
(if it wasn't for the injury and NBA barely giving room on the sidelines)

[ But of course if you say any praise about this franchise that's more team-centric than superstar-centric, you're automatically uncool ;-) /s ]

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
ST Pattys day games were dope as hell. Kyrie and Bam buzzer beaters. That Denver v Dallas game felt like a playoff game. Can’t wait for these playoffs
As a Mavs fan it was a great game, it's just I hope there could be a consistent 3rd scorer on Dallas or we're getting kicked from the first round, it's always just Luka and Kyrie putting up big numbers and maybe 1 other person with like 10 points and everyone in single digits.

Also Hauser went crazy yesterday from deep, and probably would have set a newsworthy record for the Celtics.
(if it wasn't for the injury and NBA barely giving room on the sidelines)

[ But of course if you say any praise about this franchise that's more team-centric than superstar-centric, you're automatically uncool ;-) /s ]

I thought he was going for the record if he didn't get injured early in the 3rd...sad

PenQuin

!dice 100
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
As a Mavs fan it was a great game, it's just I hope there could be a consistent 3rd scorer on Dallas or we're getting kicked from the first round, it's always just Luka and Kyrie putting up big numbers and maybe 1 other person with like 10 points and everyone in single digits.
Let Gafford get more minutes and you guys will be good. Idk the point of keeping maxi on the floor. Also they should trade Hardaway Jr. he’s a good player, but super streaky. Need someone who can take over when necessary.

awyp

RMT Leader
agree Maxi is dead weight and THJ is bad on defense and streaky af but we need the scoring from Timmy some games to win but Kleber is so bad offensively sometimes

awyp

RMT Leader
silver is gonna be so hyped for that lakers warriors game tho
gonna be insane ratings
are you talking about playin like happened a couple years ago where lebron got his eyes poked and lied and said he saw 3 baskets headass lol

-----

luka just had his worst game of the szn and still averaged a triple double, honestly funny stuff

jokic got a big win vs the timberwolves

awyp

RMT Leader
If Luka can get the mavs to a top seed, I'd consider him an MVP candidate. They looked dead in the water in February.
I agree with this fully. If Mavs can get a 4-5 seed I think Luka should get more love for MVP 9-1 the last 10 and the only loss is because Luka didnt play.

awyp

RMT Leader
What do y’all think about this years draft class
people saying worst class in a while and i happen to agree

----

what are chances luka gets mvp? this is the hottest luka has been in terms of people thinking he should be mvp

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Got some exciting games today fam, OKC vs 76ers Knicks vs Heat and Macs vs Warrior is what im looking forward to mostly. Who yall got winning?!!!

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
people saying worst class in a while and i happen to agree

----

what are chances luka gets mvp? this is the hottest luka has been in terms of people thinking he should be mvp
Chances are high imo but Shai G-A is up there along with Jokic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)