NCAA March Madness 2010

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol West Virginia are 8/15 from 3 and 0/16 from 2 and they are leading at the half? Hahah how in the fuck does that happen?

It helps when the other team is 0/8 from 3 and gives up 13 points off of 10 turnovers. It also helps to take care of the basketball. (3 turnovers, 0 Kentucky points off turnovers)

West Virginia better find a way to get it going in the paint, though, if they hope to go to Indy. I don't like their chances right now. They're not Cornell; they WILL get cold from outside if they keep relying on it.

Anybody think WVU can upset Kentucky tonight?

I'm from WV, therefore a huge WVU fan. If Kentucky beats us, I won't be too upset if they in turn beat Duke. Duke and UNC Basketball are 2 out of my top 5 sports teams that I hate the most.

Most WVU fans are preparing for failure tonight btw.
I'll never understand why people hate Duke =/... Theyre not a team of assholes, they play fundamentally and are coached by one of the best possibly ever. I could see hating UNC, but not Duke

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't so much mind the current Duke team Lakers as teams they've had in the past...

EDIT: Holy crap my bracket may be fucked if Kentucky lose, but it'd still make me happy :)

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
look who is leading the pack right now... the canadian who knows nothing about anything ;)

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'll never understand why people hate Duke =/... Theyre not a team of assholes, they play fundamentally and are coached by one of the best possibly ever. I could see hating UNC, but not Duke
Well, there's quite a few different reasons but at the root of it all, it's because of this: Duke is an annually good team. As a result, many people bandwagon to that school as fans of only their basketball program when they have literally no ties to Duke other than "they're usually good." This annoys non-fans to the point that they dislike the school for gaining all these random followers. Sports fans are also jealous people, so they will hate programs and teams that are consistently better than their own. People want to see parity unless it's their team on top and Duke is usually a lock for 20+ win seasons constantly. Duke also has a history of being elite to the point that they are blindly high ranked year in and year out even in seasons when there's just no grounds for it. Add in that they've choked the last few years and now you've got a team that appears 'overrated' which is annoying. Plus, I'm sure the fact that Duke is a tough school to get into while being private and expensive doesn't help endear itself to many. And remember, this is March Madness.. people want upsets to happen and underdogs to win.. Duke is not an underdog and it's tough for me to imagine they ever will be until years after Coach K is gone. And even then it won't last long. Look at Kentucky.. sure they lost tonight but Elite 8 and a crazy good regular season record is pretty successful after being out of it for the last couple years.

All in all, it's just easier and also more fun to hate good. Think Tom Brady, the Patriots, Kobe Bryant, Sidney Crosby, the Yankees, etc. There's usually no logical justification for it other than these are talented athletes and teams.

look who is leading the pack right now... the canadian who knows nothing about anything ;)
damn you and your dumb canadian luck! lol

yeah WV!!!! man I was so drunk when I found out the result but that only made it better

somehow i'm winning the 2nd chance with st marys in the final 4 lol

whoever was talking about baylor doing well back in the first round good job (goof maybe??). they are really good.

also my midwest bracket is perhaps the worst bracket anyone has ever filled out. i got 4 out of 15 picks correct. kansas over lehigh, ohio st to the sweet 16, and maryland winning r1. that's it lol. i had msu and tennessee both losing round 1. hahaha i still think i cursed this tournament

Stallion

Tree Young
Bublax, it may have been me cause I had Baylor going to the final four. Anyway I'm gutted atm...not much more I can say. It hurts even more cause I loathe MSU >.<

go go butler i want them to win now, ive become a fan throughout this tourney.

and 2 bad duke won, i was hoping no number 1 seeds woulda made final four, woulda been a cool change hasn't happened for awhile

man I don't want duke to win it all but I sure as hell want them to beat WVU. the ACC already lost the big ten challenge, but we can save face if we beat the Big East in the tournament. Big East is 8-7 right now, and the ACC is 7-5. Big Ten is 9-4 and Big 12 is 10-7, and SEC is 6-4, I think, though I haven't been keeping track of those three as much as the ACC and Big East.

lol.

btw: Butler > MSU
WV > Duke

Butler > WV
Id like the result to turn out that way, but the winner of the Duke/WVU game is going to win it all. WVU/Duke just have the more complete teams, which seemed evident in the elite 8. Singler did nothing, and WVU literally didnt hit one shot from inside the 3 the entire first half yet still led at half time. Even when they have an off showing they still were able to get support from other players on the team, although it would be nice to see a mid major like Butler win it all

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Oh hey it is that guy who failed to pick his top 5 seeded team to make at least the final four. Pack it up buddy, you lost your rooting rights!
i bleed green.

i do this every year, though. i pick michigan state to advance to what seems reasonable and then pick against them. if they overachieve, i am glad. if they lose, well at least i didn't fuck my bracket. a small consolation in that second case but better than picking your school to win it all and then watching them lose in the first round eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)