Negative 3 - Peaked #1

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Negative 3

This team is one of the better ones I used this generation. I've been using it consistenly on my laddering alt Without Lies and Without Truth on Smogon. It reached #1 with a 1540 rating and is on its way to earning me a second OU suspect vote. It utilizes Tyranitar + Skarmory + Garchomp. Hazard support + SubSD Garchomp makes it an absolute monster. It makes it nearly impossible to bring down without something like Skarmory or Bronzong on the enemies team. Garchomp can easily break through bulkier threats through hazard support too, which means it can break through even the strongest of threats. After a Swords Dance, it can occasionally beat Skarmory if it happens to be paralyzed. The rest of the team gives good support to Garchomp and covers the rest of the major threats.

Something very good about this team is that it has SubSD Garchomp, which in my opinion, is a very anti-weather Pokemon. Sand struggles against it because of constant misses. Sun is rather weak against Garchomp because of strong ground attacks it commonly fires off. It also has respectable bulk in resisting fire. Rain dosen't typically like Garchomp if Ferrothorn is burned or down. Gliscor is usually the only other thing that can really handle Garchomp. Otherwise, Garchomp has to be checked by something faster and a bit more fragile. Another good thing about Garchomp is that it fits very well with entry hazard support. Garchomp tends to shuffle teams around alot thanks to it being a constant threat. It also appreciate strong physical walls being weakened by hazards too.

The main bonus to this team is that it fits very well together and covers almost any threat the standard metagame can throw at it. Although it was built in the start of Gen 5, it still has the things it needs to handle the current metagame. At first I used Virizion over Jirachi mainly to handle strong ground types like Landorus, Doryuuzu, Quagsire, and even check Garchomp. However, things like Specs Latios and other strong special attackers got to me. So I switched in Jirachi to help absorb them better. I also used to have Jellicent, until I knew I had to have a better counter to Mamoswine and SD Gliscor. Both threats that could threaten my team. The rest of the team came from TTar + Skarmory + Garchomp. This gave me a hazard core + Garchomp to help clean up by abusing it. Reuniclus was added because I needed a solid fighting resist to help against Virizion, Terrakion, and Conkeldurr. However, I realized I was rather weak to Terrakion. So I added my familar Slowbro to help take up the job.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SAtk / 80 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Tyranitar is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame at this point. It provide a change in weather which is almost mandatory, a solid counter to ghosts and scarfed Latias or Latios that may come my way. Tyranitar is also my SRer of the team. It provides a solid choice also for the fact that SandStorm supports Garchomp quite a bit in Sand Veil. With hazards and Sand Veil together, it becomes one of the biggest threats possible in this metagame. Tyranitar only helps it become more of a monster. Speaking about how SandStorm helps, it easily eliminates faster weather starters like Politoed and Ninetails. Although they both can badly cripple Tyranitar, he usually comes out on top in the end. Pursuit is also very useful against weather starters as it can deal a heavy amount if they happen to switch. More offensive Ninetails typically take this hit the hardest.

Tyranitar isn't just all about weather though. I use it as a great support Pokemon thanks to its fantastic SPDef and general antics that make it a great Pokemon in this metagame. It also does very well against other "leads" in this metagame. Fire Blast quickly takes out Ferrothorn and other Spikers like Skarmory and Forretress, and Ice Beam can be used on a predicted switch to Gliscor or Garchomp. Both things are pretty solid threats in this metagame. The thing Tyranitar does not like is Toxic Spikes, espescially when being used on a rain team. Tyranitar will die fast if I don't play conservatively with him. It also hurts Garchomp a bit as he can deal with rain teams rather well if he gets in, even if sand is just up for a turn or two. Tyranitar seems to be played very badly however, and dies very fast. Which is very bad when you know your opponent has an opposing weather that they can abuse.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Taunt

Skamory is being used more and more this generation because of the recent wake of strong physical attackers and Garchomp being brought down from ubers. Skarmory aids me with all these threats rather well, and usually comes out on top. It deals with SD Land Genie rather well too, despite it having a less physically bulky movest. None the less Skarmory can still take a solid amount of hits from these Pokemon and simply Whirlwind them away and rack up hazard damage. Skarmory is my main "aid to chomp" Poke as Spikes help rack up damage on strong physical walls, which annoy Garchomp when he is attempting a sweep. When full hazards are on the field, Garchomp becomes nearly impossble to defeat. Skarmory also shares good synergy with Garchomp, which is a very good aid when I need to do a little switching around to shuffle up the opponents team or play with a threat.

Skarmory I feel is probably one of the only real counter to Garchomp. I can take a Dragon Claw or Outrage and Whirlwind them out. Skarmory also recently has gotton a well deserved gift. Sturdy being upgraded gave it a decent fall back on or screw up ability. If I take a crit I can hang on and roost back up to a solid amount of health. It also means Skarmory dosen't die the turn I may make a mistake through prediction and such. Although most of the time Skarmory won't be at full health, it does decent in early game wehn Stealth Rock is not up or he is at full health. Skarmory has a calling in this generation from its useful dragon resist, the ability to set up hazards which soften up strong offensive teams, and the fact it can take on most strong physical threats. The EVs on this spread are a little strange, however it is just a bit faster than usual Skarmory. 36 speed outruns every Skarmory that I face, and can easily taunt them. While the SPDef EVs make it a SPDef Skarm, meaning it can take the a special hit when it needs to.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Garchomp makes his return in this metagame. More powerful than ever, at least that is what I feel. SandStorm is even more common, and that means he can fit on many teams. His general useful typing also grants him a good amount of resistences, so he does have a bit of a synergy role in this team. His general bulk and good speed allow him to be a good revenge killer against slightly slower threats that may threaten me. However, Garchomp makes his presence on his team with a much more offensive role. As a SubSDer. This set, in my opinion is the most dangerous of them all. It abuses the ability Sand Veil to the fullest. Substitute occasionally earning him misses, allowing him to have multiple chances to set up on any move that may miss. With hazard support breaking down strong physical walls such as Slowbro and Ferrothorn, Garchomp can have free reign on any game. Launching powerful Earthquakes, which after hazard support, can have the chance to bring them both down. After a Swords Dance it's a rather easy path to a sweep. Especially if these two, and other solid counters and checks are gone. I even sometimes fake that Garchomp is scarf to scare off threats, then proceed to Substitue + SD. Eanring me a quick way of dealing a heavy amount of damaging the opponents team.

Garchomp however also earns its place as a weather counter. It can hurt sun teams rather bad with its STAB Earthquake. After a Swords Dance it easily beats any of the teams members and can easily win me the game single handed if the opponent happens to be careless and let be get behind sub. Rain teams even are annoyed if Garchomp gets behind a Substitute if it switches in on a resisted move, or something that misses. When Garchomp is in SandStorm, it can turn the entire game upside down. Rotom-W is an easy oppurtunity if I play it right. Hydro Pump often misses, meaning I can set up quite often against it. Even Skarmory and Bronzong can get brought down if they may be paralyzed by Jirachi, who they often will switch in on. A +2 Garchomps Dragon Claw 4HKOs the typical Bronzong. Sometimes a 3HKO if I get some prior damage on him. Usually between paralysis and Sand Veil it dosen't get many chances to attack. Garchomp is an amazing Pokemon in this metagame. With hazard support it turns into even more of a monster than it usually is. I started the team With TTar + Skarmory + Garchomp with this in mind. Between hazards, status, Sand Veil, and general power it can easily break any game it may get a chance to play in.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

At the start of Gen 5, people thought Rotom-A was ruined forever. And they were pretty much right. Well, except for this guy at least. Rotom-W practically got a gift from his new water typing. The set gave him a great amount of resistences. Including Fire, Water, and Ice. Three very important resists in this metagame. This means he can no longer be taken lightly against Heatran anymore. Or be damaged quite a bit from STAB water attacks. Rotom-W is a great counter to the bulky waters in this metagame. But what I think is best is that he still kept his fantastic support move pool through Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split. Both great moves that aid my entire team. Rotom-W is my main rain man. Being able to take on even a SpecsToed Hydro Pump and Pain Split his way back to the top of health. It also softens up Ferrothorns that make think it is a safe switch in with Will-O-Wisp. It also occasionally catches enemy dragons like Latios and Latias which can get annoying if they evade status for to long and whittle down Jirachi and Tyranitar. Rotom-W also preforms well as a bit of a back up counter to Land Genie and a solid counter to Gliscor and Mamoswine if I play careful. Rotom-W is my only water resist, so he is very important to this team.

Rotom-W also brings a steady Slowbro counter to this table. Slowbro has gotton annoying at times as people are now running Thunder Wave and Scald versions. Which always seems to get the status on me the first time with Scald, or just general annoyingness with Thunder Wave. Rotom-W also serves as a bit of a strange stuff check. Infernape (although not common) gets beaten by Rotom-W without him taking to much damage. It also can take out other Rotom-W if needed. Something that I often need to do. I often sometimes catch Jirachi switching into Rotom when I get a WoW out. Crippling them very badly for the rest of the game. Rotom-W I feel will be a even more dominate threat as the metagame progresses. With the great typing it has and solid pack of coveredge it gets it will be a top offensive and defensive threat for quite awhile. Well, at least until GameFreak does something to screw it up.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Slowbro was completly overlooked last generation. This generation gave it a completly new chance to shine. His amazing bulk was exactly what I needed. It also was a complete sure fire way to counter fighting types like Conkeldurr and Terrakion. It could take Stone Edges and stuff a bit better than Gliscor could because I can always do a 50% recover whenever I want. This is when I decided on running Slowbro for my team. Slowbro also helps cover physical threats in general. It can handle alot of physical threats from head to too. Haxorus, Terrakion, Lucario, Hihidaruma, and Gyarados are all stopped by this defensive monster. It also can easily deal with Doryuuzu. It can even lure in Rotom-W and cripple it with a Toxic or Burn. This combined makes it a great Pokemon this generation. It really also helps with all the threats I face in my threat list. It is no doubt a great replacement for Reuniclus.

The thing that changed it all is Regeneration. Healing a large amount of health every time it switches in is simply amazing. It heals away almost all hazard damage and then some. It is so useful it's not even funny. This ability in my opinion is one of the best in the game. Slowbro really helped me aid against Landorus, Mamoswine, and Terrakion. The main threats that my team faces. Without Slowbro, Terrakion could mess my team up rather bad. Props to IronBullet for suggesting it over Reuniclus!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Protect

Jirachi is very important for getting rid of Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus. Reuniclus is one of the most dangerous Pokemon at the time. Jirachi just so happens to help defeat it, although sometimes it can evade my ParaFlinch. Leftovers versions are very hard to defeat due to the constant healing. TR versions get dealt with quite easily due to their frailness. Then of course there is Latias and Latios. Both can't hurt Jirachi that badly, so I can usually get the Para on them and take them out fast. Jirachi is also my main answer to stuff like Sazandora which can blow holes in my team with the sheer force it has in its Life Orb and Specs Set. It is also a very huge aid when my team needs some restoring through Wish. Jirachi is one of Garchomps best teammates not only because of Wish, it also work very well by paralyzing Bronzong and Skarmory. Both who can actually be brought down by Garchomp through paralysis and Sand Veil. It also however restores Rotom-W, Reuniclus, and Tyraitars health when I need them to get restored for handling a threat, or just for changing back weather. Or even just for keeping them at a solid health amount.

Another thing that is fun to do with Jirachi is lure in Garchomp, Gliscor, Land Genie, and Doryuuzu. All have the chance to get paralyzed and crippled for the rest of the game. Jirachi even can defeat it's own counters if I can get the chance to paralyze them. Besides this, Jirachi gives me a very solid ice resist also. It can take scarfed Mamoswine Ice attacks on Garchomp if needed. Life Orb ones I play around with Jirachi and Rotom-W. Meaning these two are very important for wearing it down until I can deliver the finishing blow. Like I said before, Jirachi is a very promising Pokemon in this metagame. Taking on the strong special attackers of the metagame at this point.

Past Team Members

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

I used Virizion to counter mainly bulky water types and things like Landorus and occasionally check Garchomp if I could outspeed. I started having a little trouble against stronger special threats, and the bit of ice weakness was hurting me a little. I also was getting a little worried against dragon types. As Tyranitar couldn't sponge them forever. Virizion actually can still fit on the team. Which is why I still sometimes use him for fun. I may bring him back if I want a little safer way to handle these bulky water types and possibly a second water resist and Politoed counter. I also needed a better Reuniclus counter. So I selected Jirachi over it.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SDef / 96 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Recover

I used it for Rapid Spin blocking. But I quickly realized that I was a bit weak to Gliscor as Virizion couldn't stay alive very long and I changed it to Jirachi. Jellicent was a very very good rain counter. Easily beating Azumarill and friends rather easily. Taunting support Politoed and absorbing Specs Hydro Pumps. I still use the old version of this team sometimes if I want to have a little fun with it. Jellicent was a very solid stall break as well with Taunt + Toxic. Scald even could bring down Ferrothorn if I needed it to be weakened.

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuniclus is the jello teddy bear of the team. And by that, I mean one of the best figting type counters I have ever used. Espescially in this metagame where Conkeldurr, Virizion, Terrakion, and Breloom roam. It has a very solid HP number. High enough so that it makes up for his only averedge defense. Magic Guard however makes up for it even more. It means it has Leftovers recovery no matter the weather. This turns it into quite a defensive threat. Then there is of course the fact that it has quite the large SPAtk stat. After one Calm Mind Psycho Shock turns into a deadly weapon that even those that are quite physically bulky take a strong amount from. Reuniclus at first was quite overshadowed and thought to be a rather weak threat, not because of stats, but because of a poor physic typing. Even with Magic Guard. Boy were we wrong. It has the greta qualities it needs to pass by. And the right timing to make good use of it with the new force of fighting types that were introduced. It also is one of the best stallbreakers around thanks to it's slowness and the fact it takes not entry hazard damage. No matter how well you play or how many holes you thin you can seal up, you will almost always have a slight weakness to this guy if you run stall. This is what really gives me that kick when facing stall teams. It will almost always pull me through if I play it right.

Another good thing about Reuniclus is that it deals well with offense too. With a moderatly strong Psycho Shock and Focus Blast it can break down its counters rather fast if I can predict well enough between double switches and hazard stacking. All in all there is not much more that I can say. Reuniclus has won me many close games and is one of the biggest reasons I was able to peak #1 on the leaderboard. Of all the games I would have lost if he was not on my team. In rating statistics, he earned me something around 100 rating points in close games. He is my "back up" Pokemon if I ever need to get out of a game in a pinch.

Threat List

This will only list threats to the team speceifically.
Yellow = Minor Threat
Orange = Medium Threat
Red = Major Threat

Terrakion
My newly added Slowbro however deals rather well with Terrakion. Easily absorbing Close Combat, making Terrakion not as much a terror to the team anymore. However Swords Dancers can get troublesome if played right.

Borotorosu
Quite the threat to any team. If Jirachi is down or dosen't get the paralysis I need I have to play around it very carefully. Leftovers versions are a bit more dangerous especially if I don't get paralysis. I ususally have to use Reuniclus as an last minute check.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading and hopefully rating my RMT! A quick not before I go is that this team looks very similar to Kevin Garrett's, however this team was built before his was ( I remember I got the idea of TTar + Skarm + Chomp while toying around with ideas with kd24 ). The team may be hard to rate as it is probably very similar, but at least maybe just posting could just show that you at least thought this wasn't a waste of time. Anyway, thank you for reading this RMT, and good luck in any future matches you may have! ;)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello pdc,

this is an excellent team build and it abuses one of the most annoying threats in the metagame; congrats on that! right now i cant help but suggest thunder wave in place of body slam for the sole purpose of preventing nasty plot thundurus to wreck havoc on your team. such an exception can only be considered if you had a faster pokemon to check thundurus, unfortunately you don't have one so body slam paralysis is such a weak check to thundurus - especially leftovers thundurus. consider thunder wave because it will absolutely help. missing out on body slam isn't a huge deal since both garchomp and gliscor prove to be lesser nuisances to your team in comparison to nasty plot thundurus.

as for other options, for the sake of maintaining your defensive integrity you might want to consider just pumping 252 hp / 136 def / 120 spd. arbitrary spread but it allows you to have some sponge for specstoad hydro pump or some sort-- rain in general. i feel like the defense on rotom is more beneficial moreover an offensive one. that's just my opnion, but give it a shot! overall gl! LUVDISC

The only thing I really see causing you trouble is Terakion. With swords dance it can pretty much 6-0 you and it sets up on Tyranitar and Garchomp if it has air balloon. Reuniclus relies on a 70% accuracy move to stop it from completely sweeping you and is taken out after a bit of damage. I would consider running a specially defensive choice band Scizor over Jirachi. It can still stop other Reuniclus and Lati@s, but now you have strong priority and U-turn to help whittle down stuff for lategame. Quick attack can also finish off a weakened t-rus, but running chople on Tyranitar can also give you another safety for it. Running life orb swords dance is also an option with superpower because it can hit Skarmory and stop it from roosting.

um looking at your threat list i think you could try a scarfed tyranitar over your current set and shift stealth rock to skarmory over taunt or something. scarf tar can check mamo, sd landorus, np thundurus, and sd terrakion while still countering the latis and what not. it also helps against opposing weather since it can outspeed and ko ninetales while it's also doing more damage to politoed and outspeeding non scarf which can be big. a moveset of crunch/stone edge/superpower/ would work well, with the last move being pursuit or even stealth rock(if placing it on skarmory doesn't sound good) since most things you'll want to pursuit stay in more often than not just out of fear for pursuit. anyway nice team and grats on no.1

Well it looks like using Tyranitar with 252/176 spA/80 spD and a moveset of SR/Pursuit/Fire Blast/Ice Beam, Sub SD Garchomp, Pain Split/WoW/T-bolt/Hydro Pump Rotom-W and Specially defensive Jirachi is the way to win :P

Nice team even if I am sick of playing this type of team you have done a great job with it! There are just a couple of things I would like to nitpick for you. First, my weird bulky Cloyster will counter your Garchomp easily, taking like 50% from a danced quake and killing you even if you have a sub. This Cloyster will spin on Skarmory all day too. Speaking of Skarm, I like to run 252 HP/136 def/96 spD/24 spe Impish- this makes it safer against Excadrill and Landorus and still has nice special bulk, just enough to not get 2hkoed by Life Orb Hurricane from Dragonite and Specs DM from Latios. I like to counter Virizion with it personally, but you dont have Brave Bird so its not the best option. I don't understand spD when you have the sand sweepers to worry about and two special walls in Tyranitar and Jirachi that are already very hard to get through. 96 spD seems like a nice "make its spD not suck at a low cost" investment. 24 spe outspeeds Jolly Wobbuffett :)

I was gonna say I didn't understand Psyshock on Reuniclus but if Jirachi gets trapped then last pokemon Latias with Calm Mind can sweep you so that alone is worth it.

It is saddening to me to see that one water resistance has proven to be enough for you. Ferrothorn and Jellicent really killed it as an offensive type. If you want to look into any changes I would note that your team lies just below the massively important 108-115 speed tier and is the defenition of predictable, no offense but most players would be able to guess the movesets of all your pokemon within 3 move total margin of error. Maybe try something odd like Scarf Metagross to mix it up if you want, it helps greatly against your threat list. Thundurus can be caught off guard leading by Chople Tar, who I find useful for a ton of things like Gengar and Tornadus too. Other than Chople Tar and Skarm's EV spread I wouldn't change a thing on this team. Great job!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Very solid team, congrats on reaching #1. The biggest threat to this team is easily Terrakion, if basically 6-0s you right off the bat if it carries SD and X-Scissor. What I would suggest is giving Tyranitar a Chople Berry and Superpower to practically ensure 0 set up opportunities for Terrakion. I reckon a few defense EVs will still be needed for it to survive, but it will be worth it.

Edit: yeah as mop said the defense is no use, so might as well stick with the original evs. Chople is still useful for Thundurus so its still useful.

You could also consider replacing Reuniclus with Slowbro, who sports far better physical defense and is a much more solid counter to all the threats you mentioned. Slowbro makes up for the loss of Magic Guard with Regenerator, which pretty much ensures its survivability for a great part of the battle. Scald and Slack Off are a given, but the last two slots should go to Psychic and Toxic. Psychic is for Fighting types, while Toxic helps defeat opposing Slowbro alongside crippling plenty of defensive Pokemon that usually switch in, along with last-turn stat uppers such as CM Latias. You would be reluctant to replace Reuniclus, but Slowbro just gives you that much more of a tank, while at the cost of some special defense.

Max HP + Max Defense, +nature, with Chopple Berry Tyranitar vs non-boosted LO Close Combat.

357 attack vs 350 defense, 120 power(*2 *1.5 *1.3), 404 max HP: 85.15% - 100.25%

I thought Reuniclus could handle Terrakion, but no, it really does 6-0 you right off the bat because +2 LO X-Scissor kills it more often than not and your only hope is to whirlwind it with Skarm or hax it with Garchomp. I say go for Superpower or Low Kick on Tyranitar. Ice Beam only hits stuff that OHKOes you first or are hit harder by Pursuit (Latios, Gliscor, Dragonite etc.) so I really don't understand the point of it. You pack hard counters to the first two of those and are about as well set up for Dragonite as anyone. Ice Beam is really useless on LeadTar right now unless you think Gliscor will actually switch into you. This is just one pokemon that gives you trouble so it may not be worth using Slowbro over Reuniclus considering the effectiveness of it against other things.

You are kind of weak to fighting but there really isn't much you can do seeing as how it'll screw everything up. personally I would keep body slam > TW jst because it comes with some damage. It does make you slightly weaker to NP Thundurus but I is worth it in the long run. I reckon Chople Berry for Tyranitar will take care of a lot of your problems.s

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the rates everyone. I'll try out alot of these suggestions. Alot of these things I couldn't decide for myself. Thanks again for all the rates and luvdiscs!

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Your team looks solid. There are some things you can try to improve some points against your threats, but It's not primordial.
Although Reuniclus is a beast pomon and, according to what you said he did his proofs on your success, you can try a CM Latias to have a better way to deal with Thundurus/Rotom-W.
Also, you can give Jellicent a second chance on your team, to gain a pretty reliable counter to Terrakium or use a Slowbro on this spot.
Anyway, gratz on reaching #1 !

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Nice team, although with like you said Thundurus is going to be a problem. It is for any team since it lacks a dedicated counter or check; however this team really seems like its going to have trouble against it. To be honest, it seems like you would struggle against Drizzle teams a little bit mainly because Thundurus is such a problem. This is why, I'd like to back up the suggestion that Fried Rhys stated in using Scarf Tyranitar over your current one. This will allow you to check Thundurus and non boosted Terakion [which is where Slowbro kind of comes in] with ease. Scarf Tyranitar will allow you to get surprise KOs against many rain dance sweepers such as Thundurus, who gives you the most trouble, and Starmie. Also, I would consider running Fire Blast over Toxic on Slowbro. Although, Toxic helps you versus other slowbro and latias, you really have those other threats covered easily through the rest of your team. Ice Beam is also a consideration over Psychic; however Conkeldurr might become a little bit more of a problem, so that is up to you. Finally, if you decide to make the switch to Scarf Tyranitar I would simply run Stealth Rocks over Protect on Jirachi. Even though you do lose protect, having stealth rocks on Jirachi is always a nice asset so that you don't lose out on essentially checking important threats like Volcarona.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe Sandstream
Crunch | Stone Edge | Ice Punch | Superpower

Other than that, this is an excellent team. Good Luck.

I have to ask how does your team deal with the new common teams that contain magenzone and two dragons? As soon as skarm and rachi are gone your team is wide open to getting hit hard by CB Haxorus, Another SD garchomp, Life orb or Specs Latios. Slowbro would do ok for the haxorus and garchomp although with CB or +2 even he won't last long. Considering bringing in Haxorus could force you to go to skarm the opponent double switching wouldn't make it hard at all to take out your skarmory. Not to mention that the opponent still has 3 other pokemon that may do well against your team. Its still pretty solid with reun and slowbro taking hits and doing some damage back but choice pokemon using non stat reducing stab moves with magnezone as a partner on their team can take out your teams best defenses leaving you very open.
You can probably still predict and maybe get sub up with garchomp however which still gives you a chance but you now have nothing to slow down latios considering that slowbro is 1hkoed by DM and can't switch in. I am not trying to set up too much situational cases, but magnezone with dragons is becoming very popular. Your team is very good though.
To solve this problem you may want to consider uturn on jirachi so he won't be trapped in on magnezone allowing you to have an advantage agaisnt specs magnezones, which would allow garchomp a free sub. Substitute magnezones are harder to counter because you can never be sure what hidden power they have unless you see an obvious weakness in their team to steels that can handle his stab or ground/dragon types (considering they share the common weakness of ice exepct for about 4).
Hopefully this would give you a better edge against a team like this and allow you to maybe lose skarm but not be weak to fast Life orb attackers that can constantly blow at your team. Slowbro can handle scarf chomp for you and now your team is stronger against the combo I mention by adding uturn to jirachi. I would probably take off protect considering Rachi is going to flinch/ para the opponent.
Good Luck getting voting rights!

PDC

street spirit fade out
A Double Switch can usually scare Magnezone off. This is what I do most of the time.

From what I see, a Celebi with hidden power fire and nasty plot will run over your team. I've faced many balanced teams like this, and I end up breaking down the synergy in the team by killing one of the crucial members with Celebi, leaving other members to come in. I would suggest Rotom-H or Heatran instead of Rotom-W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)