Neverused Ladder Challenges [Finished, congrats to everyone in HoF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Does your ACRE Ranking Count? I hope, because my ACRE is 2205. Look on the ladder. Its weird too, because my Glicko 2 Rating isnt high enough still.
if your acre is higher than your glicko then your alt is probably glitched. it will probably fall a lot when you battle enough times. also your deviation is not low enough so it doesn't count.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just posting to say awesome job so far guys. Monotype challenges are pretty stifling, and they often require top tier Pokemon in order to complete it; however, quite a few innovation sets/Pokemon were used to complete the challenge. One of the teams that made it into the Hall of Fame almost even qualifies as a Dark Horse team!

Also, a friendly reminder that you've got about four more days to finish the challenge. Once again, if you feel that this is not enough time to complete the challenge, feel free to contact either Starships (Skylight on IRC) or me through VM or IRC and let us know. We can always extend the deadline if one week is not enough time.

Finally, I have edited the HoF to reflect this, but as a general reminder: feel free to VM me once you have made the Hall of Fame so that I can update it sooner. It can be easy to miss updated posts once the challenge has been completed.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have, and best of luck to all of the remaining participants!

Ok I'll be starting later.....4 days about 3 hours total time to do this. Lets go!

im changing type to many grass and water types on every team. ima go to normal

God every where i went someone had a fast grass or water type that could completly tear apart my team

Now that im doing normal im not seeing any of those and now im running into alot of sawks and pokes carrying super power

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Dark sucks too, so let's go with poison, I made the team a couple of days ago but now I need to change my alt AND I forgot to mention it anyway.
Poison: Alt, Rider Nover
Seviper wins me loads of battles, use it >:(

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remember that our new ladder challenge begins tomorrow, meaning that this one will be ending! You still have around 24 hours to finish up. If I have missed your hall of fame entry, please VM me because I cbf to look right now due to late. I'll probably look it over tomorrow anyways, so you don't have to. But it would be much easier for me. :]

Anyways, hope everyone is looking forward to the next one. It's sure to be loads of fun.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys it's been a week! Time for a new challenge. Hope you've all had fun with the last challenge.

This week it's random Pokemon. By random Pokemon we do mean a random combination of 10 Pokemon from B-S, according to the viability ranking. We'll be using a random generator to generate your team. Any of these 10 can used interchangeably between battles, however they are the only ones you can use. This is really a test of how well your team building is from a small pool, so hopefully you have a lot of fun with this challenge! As usual, when you've completed the challenge, send a VM to Treecko letting him know to put you in the Hall of Fame.

Also once you've signed up to this round, one of us will contact you and give you your team, then we'll reply here just so that the other knows that you've received a team. :) If you have any questions, also feel free to VM either of us.

You have a week. Enjoy!

Oh, also, you will need to reach a Glicko2 ranking of 1900 and a deviation of less than 100 this time to make it a little more difficult!

On another note, if a Pokemon changes rank in the actual thread, it will not apply to here as it could be unfair to others. However, due to Primeape not being included, we've included it (since it'll definitely be in S/B/A), and Munchlax has been determined to not be included as it's not decided as to whether it fits in B or C at the time.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It'll be private, which is why we'll be PMing you guys :)

edit: FireMage has received his mons.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: yolocharizardswag
Current ladder standing: 2-0 :D
Team's looking pretty good. Even tough i only got 9.5 pokemons to choose from since I cant use both rotom formes on the same team :P

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
alt: misaki shokuhou

too lazy to get to 2000

team

i got a pretty lucky roll with jynx and spikes and spinblocker and tauros and stuff

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
PMed all three of y'all your mons. Don't know if Treecko saw the other two so I'm posting here that I did those also n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)