Neverused Ladder Challenges [Finished, congrats to everyone in HoF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome, Neverused Ladder Challenge fans, to another exciting week here in our spectacular thread (thatyoushouldLuvdiscimeanwutsubliminalmessages)!

We've done a Monotype Challenge! We've done a Random Pokemon Challenge! What could we have in store for you now? It's simple: this is the back-to-school challenge! For this challenge, you must have a team of six Pokemon. The first letter of each Pokemon must come together to spell an acronym. Now you may be asking yourself, "self, what's an acronym?" Lucky for you, you can find a definition for the word acronym below!

acronym: noun: 1. An abbreviation formed by (usually initial) letters taken from a word or series of words, and which is itself pronounced as a word, such as RAM, radar, or scuba; sometimes contrasted with initialism

Still confused? No worries. I will provide an example.

Say I really liked spiders (which I do, btw), and I wanted to use that for my acronym. All I would have to do is find Pokemon whose names began with each respective letter of the word "spider" and make a team out of those six Pokemon. I have done so below.

Scolipede
Piloswine
Illumise
Dewgong
Eelektross
Rapidash

And there is the team!

When choosing your word, please confirm that it is in Merriam Webster's Online Dictionary. Scrabble House Rules also apply: no proper nouns.

Your sign up post should look something like this:
Pokemon Showdown Alt:
Word:
Current Ranking:
To qualify for the Hall of Fame, you must attain a Glicko2 of at least 1950 with a provisional of less than +/-100. Once again, you have a week to complete this challenge. Good luck to all of you, and as always, have fun!

Pokemon Showdown Alt: Tired of this Stresssssch
Word: Stress
Current Rank: nu 1738 81 1922 ± 151 (provisional) 5 0 0

I have yet to decide on a word, for I've a question to ask. Can Unown be used as their letters/punctuation, or are they always U? :naughty:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have yet to decide on a word, for I've a question to ask. Can Unown be used as their letters/punctuation, or are they always U? :naughty:
Unown. Also on Showdown, the only Unown form implemented is A, so if you were gonna go that route, you've got plenty of better choices. :]

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Alt name: Wet drems
Word: Sperms

Before you get on me for being rude treecko said it's fine:
"celever: You don't mind it a little rude do you?
celever: "Sperms"
%Treecko37: oh god. yeah don't do that lol"

See? Great! :D

Wow I failed already o_o
I gotta have a record or something for that? Anyway, will come up with something better later.

Alt: fall sky
Word: PADRES

Is Parents in spanish.

oh man, finally i've done it, i lost 2 times vs a fucking wartortle and 3/3 scald burns + double ground type srdewfw, im the best.

my team: http://pastebin.com/fNyqc6AC

Drifblim and amphy mvps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)