Set Name: Special Wall Gallade
@ Leftovers
Evs- 200 HP, 104 Atk, 200 SpDef
Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen
Will "O" Wisp/Rest
Stone Edge/Night Slash
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Nature Careful

Ok so yeah, lots of move choices, but the idea is actually not too bad. It has enough attack to defend itslef and is bulky enough to take hits. Unfortunately Gengar Shadow Ball is a 2HKO, and Skymin Air Slash is also.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ehh, CB, you're much better off maxing HP on that set before even touching Special Defense. HP EVs will contribute more to Gallade's overall defenses than Special Defense EVs, because of Gallade's low base HP compared to his high base Special Defense.

It sounds like a good idea in theory. However, wouldn't Wish be a good idea on the set? Even Bulk Up could potentially work pretty well, since it could patch up Gallade's bad Defense, but also allow him more killing power.

By the way, you might not want to put so many slashes on your set, because it provides too many choices. 2 or 3 slashes on the final slots are okay, but on every slot, it looks a little disorganized.

Very good points, thanks. (Yeah, I know about the slashs, but I cant make up my mind of moves, I'll cut down) Revamp

@ Leftovers
Evs- 252 HP, 152 SpDef, 104 Attack
Hypnosis/Will "o" Wisp
Rest/Wish
Stone Edge/Bulk Up
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Nature:Careful

That looks a little bit better

The problem I see with Gallade is the lack of useful resistances [well, besides Rock, but how many Rock-types are special attackers and use a Rock-type move aswell?]

I can see it working, but maybe some damage calcs would help.

Very good points, thanks. (Yeah, I know about the slashs, but I cant make up my mind of moves, I'll cut down) Revamp

@ Leftovers
Evs- 252 HP, 152 SpDef, 104 Attack
Hypnosis/Will "o" Wisp
Rest/Wish
Stone Edge/Bulk Up
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Nature:Careful

That looks a little bit better
Shouldn't Brick Break be an option on this thing?

i like the idea of wow bulk up sdef gallade but it takes too long to set up for the damage output. you really just need to encounter a team that can't touch it ;'(

Alright this is a major theorymon, that would only get use for the surprise factor and for general enjoyment:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Impish 252 HP 68 Atk 188 Def
Wish
Dive
Dig/Return
Toxic

This is meant to be a wish staller adapted from DP to Platinum. The original Wish-Protect-Surf combo has been scrunched down from three moves to two: Wish, and Dive. Dive, while weaker than Surf by all meanings of the word, frees Vaporeon from harm for one turn while she heals from Lefties and occassionally Wish, and provides more time for Toxic Stalling. Its also important to note that Vaporeon will never be hit while its Diving, since it absorbs any random Surfs with Water Absorb.

Dig and Return are mainly fillers, but what I wouldn't do for Vaporeon to get Avalanche in that place. Some other Wishers that can implement this stratagy are Togekiss and Xatu with Fly, Wigglytuff with Bounce, and Latias in Ubers; but I still think Vappie does it the best.

EDIT: Running Return, this could be used to outstall Suicune, whether it has Rest or not.

i like the idea of wow bulk up sdef gallade but it takes too long to set up for the damage output. you really just need to encounter a team that can't touch it ;'(
A couple days ago I was swept by a Bulk Up Gallade that I couldn't touch, so I attempted to make one that would work similarly. It's similar to Chaos Blade's, so I thought I'd post it:

Gallade @ Leftovers / Salac Berry / Lum Berry
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Defense / 56 Sp. Defense
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Shadow Sneak
Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunderpunch/Psycho Cut

The idea is to switch into something that's not a huge threat to Gallade and Bulk Up when they switch to a counter. After 1 Bulk Up, Gallade has a very respectable 429 Attack / 343 Defense. If you still see yourself being no less than 3HKO'd, Bulk Up a couple more times and turn Gallade into a 'mixed' wall. Drain Punch from then on can be used for recovery. After 3 Bulk Ups standard Blissey is a guaranteed OHKO with Drain Punch, Gengar is a guaranteed OHKO with Shadow Sneak, and Donphan is a 2 - 3HKO (83% chance to 2HKO with Leftovers) with Ice Punch.

I know it's a stretch thinking Gallade can get 3 Bulk Ups to sweep, but Bulk Up Gallade definitely isn't something one would 'expect' to see, and throwing them off guard that one turn might be the edge you need.

EVs could use a little work, I basically tried to make it able to withstand fast physical attackers somewhat as well as special attackers.

People talked about this set a while ago, but no one actually posted it.

Jolteon
Magnet Rise Passer
Substitute
Magnet Rise
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt / Charge Beam / Agility
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Simply come in on something that will switch out and set up a Substitute like usual. If they switch to something with a Ground move, use Magnet Rise. (Even if they use a Choice Scarf to outspeed you, the Substitute will protect you and you'll end up comepletely walling them.) Then you can freely pass your Magnet Rise and Substitute to something like Heatran or Metagross and eliminate one of their weaknesses.

Thunderbolt is Jolteon's main STAB but you can use Charge Beam if you want to try and pass a SpA boost. Agility might seem pointless on something as fast as Jolteon, but if everything goes as planned you'll get a free turn and many Pokemon can be deadly with that much speed. If you decide to use Agility, move the SpA EV's into HP.

Darkrai
Nasty Plot Sweeper
Nasty Plot
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Nature: Timid
EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

The idea is to Nasty Plot first as a Sleep Talker comes in. Darkrai can OHKO all Uber Sleep Talkers except Kyorgre, Groudon, Heracross, and any Arceus it can't hit super effective. If you end up facing Giratina or Dialga, however, you can simply Dark Pulse or Focus Blast it respectively. Even if you end up using the wrong move on a switch-in, you can still usually KO it with your other move. Here are some damage calculations. (They're probably a few points higher because I don't think the damage calculator I used constantly rounds down.)

0/252 Calm Blissey
Dark Pulse: 31.6% - 37.3%
Focus Blast: 63.3% - 74.3%
Total (with Leftovers): 88.7% - 105.4%
32.3% chance to KO, guaranteed with SR

252/32 Modest Fighting Arceus
Dark Pulse: 32.9% - 38.5%
Focus Blast: 65.8% - 77.5%
Total: 98.7% - 116%
92.5% chance to KO, guaranteed with SR

252/32 Modest Bug Arceus
(same as Fighting Arceus but with Dark Pulse and Focus Blast switched)

248/252 Calm/Careful Ho-oh
Focus Blast: 22.4% - 26.5%
Dark Pulse: 45.1% - 52.8%
Total (with Leftovers): 67.5% - 79.3%
KO only with SR

0/6 Adamant Ho-oh
Focus Blast: 34.0% - 39.9%
Dark Pulse: 68.3% - 80.5%
Total: 102% - 120.4%

252/176 Careful Deoxys-D
Dark Pulse: 125% - 147%

Choice Scarf Heracross still completely screws up this set, but it screws up most Darkrai anyway.

I've been exploring the UU ladder a lot, but I've been thinking about Metagross's platinum addition: trick.

Lead Trickgross
Metagross @ Choice Band, Brave
80 HP, 152 Atk, 104 Def, 132 SpA, 40 SpD

Meteor Mash
Trick
Pursuit
Grass Knot

Atk EV's insures meteor mash ohko's on trick gengars (including the switch to scarf), deals 93-109% to duel screen deoxys (2hko with reflect), and most Ttar's. Survives Azelf's fireblast and tricks back, either preventing rocks or forcing the switch; pursuit is guaranteed 2hko. Azelf's explosion only deals 55-64% as a plus. Survives Aero's EQ, all forms of gengar's shadow ball, and even a CB Ttar EQ. Grass Knot 2hko's Swampert and Hippowdon.

Trick for general annoyance, especially to all the leads who set up. Otherwise CB will do just fine for some great damage.

My defensive EV's might need some rearranging for better efficiency. Hell, I'm not even that good with EV's at all, but I just wanted to kinda make a Trickgross lead work. It seems like it can stop enough things, is bulky enough, and packs a punch.

new leadape

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Endeavor
- Vacuum Wave
- Stealth Rock
---
Usually helps if you include some kind of explanation of why you chose the moves you did. My guess is Stealth Rock, Sash+Endeavor something to 1 HP, Vacuum Wave for the kill, Fire Blast for STAB. Seems reasonable, although I'm not sure how much this accomplishes, especially against suicide leads who are already trying to kill themselves to provide free entry for something else.
and the fact that this has priority, unlike other suicide leads, to hurt lucarios/mamos coming in thinking they can revenge kill without getting hurt

and the fact that this has priority, unlike other suicide leads, to hurt lucarios/mamos coming in thinking they can revenge kill without getting hurt
True. After thinking about it some more, it does seem pretty viable. I can just see some situations where you won't gain a whole lot, particularly if it becomes extremely common, which, unfortunately, it probably won't, seeing as nothing in this thread becomes popular for some reason. By the way, have you actually tested this? I would be interested to hear what you've found out.

I posted a set for Jolteon with magnet rise, but it wasnt a baton passer... maybe the best pokemon t recieve the set will be a Metagross with the berry that weaks fire attacks, and maybe by reciebing not only the magnet rise but an agility to..., with four move like explosion metoer mash earthquake thnder punch... ... ... ... very very gimmik... but sometimes gimmik is really wonderful!

Let's see how this works:

CM Deoxy-S @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Modest??
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 Def
- Calm Mind
- Recover/Substitute
- Thunderbolt/Psychic
- Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Kind of strapped for moveslots, but this could work well. Not sure on Nature, or EVs. Taunt isn't needed because after a few Calm Minds, Skarmory won't be whirlwinding you away anytime soon when you have Thunderbolt, Vaporeon won't be roaring, Hippo won't if you have Grass Knot or Ice Beam, and neither will Swampert most of the time. The idea is simple, boost up to insane levels, against incoming Pokemon like Blissey. Substitute will let you win against it most of the time, but who can forgoe instant recovery? Life Orb with Recover, Leftovers with Sub. Bolt Beam has best coverage, but there are many other options.

A unkillable vaporeon@leftovers
160sp.atk/212sp.def/138def@calm/modest/bold
-acid armour
-rest/wish
-surf
-ice beam/hp electric/hp grass/filler
This set is meant to be a late game sweeper. Acid armour to heavily increase its defense therefore making it hard to take down phsically. The special defense evs makes it's 95base special defense even better. Rest is to get rid of status and heal, or wish to heal with no sleep. Last place is filler, for anything you like.

I've been exploring the UU ladder a lot, but I've been thinking about Metagross's platinum addition: trick.

Lead Trickgross
Metagross @ Choice Band, Brave
80 HP, 152 Atk, 104 Def, 132 SpA, 40 SpD

Meteor Mash
Trick
Pursuit
Grass Knot

Atk EV's insures meteor mash ohko's on trick gengars (including the switch to scarf), deals 93-109% to duel screen deoxys (2hko with reflect), and most Ttar's. Survives Azelf's fireblast and tricks back, either preventing rocks or forcing the switch; pursuit is guaranteed 2hko. Azelf's explosion only deals 55-64% as a plus. Survives Aero's EQ, all forms of gengar's shadow ball, and even a CB Ttar EQ. Grass Knot 2hko's Swampert and Hippowdon.

Trick for general annoyance, especially to all the leads who set up. Otherwise CB will do just fine for some great damage.

My defensive EV's might need some rearranging for better efficiency. Hell, I'm not even that good with EV's at all, but I just wanted to kinda make a Trickgross lead work. It seems like it can stop enough things, is bulky enough, and packs a punch.
I've tried out TrickGross before, since I saw a friend using it and tried it out myself, it works pretty great. I used a fully physical set though, and with a Choice Scarf. Explosion and Earthquake are both great options on TrickGross, to provide coverage on Heatran, or just do alot of damage, except for the fact it's completely walled by the new Rotom forms.

My scarfed set was

@ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Meteor Mash
Trick
Explosion
Earthquake

^I've been thinking on the TrickScarf Metagross set and I am wondering if Stealth Rock could be added into the set. Maybe something like this should do the trick (no pun intended >_>)

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 Atk / 88 SpD / 172 Spe
Jolly
-Trick
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake / Explosion

EVs are pretty simple. The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Timid Azelf to either Trick a predicted Stealth Rock or aim for the 2HKO, while the SpD EVs enables Metagross to survive a Fire Blast for the same Azelf. The rest is dumped to Atk.

Meteor Mash + Earthquake allows decent coverage although Explosion is a nice trump card when Meta has already done its job.

Platinum Aero Support Lead:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty/Mild
EVs: 194 Atk, 64 SpA, 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt/Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

A little different than standard. Now that Aero is OU, it needs a way to beat Platinum's top threats: Heatran, Scizor. Scizor especially as it'll Bullet Punch you to death. Set up your rocks, as Scizor comes in... as it Bullet Punches and breaks your sash you OHKO with Fire Blast. The EVs garuntee you KO after it's has taken Life Orb damage, and has a chance to even if it didn't. Earthquake KO's Heatran if it gets any bright ideas, coming in expecting Fire Blast. Taunt is just a good move in general, but Stone Edge is good STAB and it'll kill things like Yanmega right off the back if it lacks Protect.

Fire Blast does rather pathetic damage to Bronzong however: Damage: 30.77% - 36.39% on 252/96 Bronzong
Taunting it is always good though.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Platinum Aero Support Lead:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Nature: Hasty/Mild
EVs: 194 Atk, 64 SpA, 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

A little different than standard. Now that Aero is OU, it needs a way to beat Platinum's top threats: Heatran, Scizor. Scizor especially as it'll Bullet Punch you to death. Set up your rocks, as Scizor comes in... as it Bullet Punches and breaks your sash you OHKO with Fire Blast. The EVs garuntee you KO after it's has taken Life Orb damage, and has a chance to even if it didn't. Earthquake KO's Heatran if it gets any bright ideas, coming in expecting Fire Blast. Taunt is just a good move in general.
Nice set, it looks really good. But how does Aerodactyl fair against other common leads such as Azelf, Bronzong or Zapdos? The lack of a Rock move does hurt it a bit... but I can't see it fitting Stone Edge over Taunt.

Nice set, it looks really good. But how does Aerodactyl fair against other common leads such as Azelf, Bronzong or Zapdos? The lack of a Rock move does hurt it a bit... but I can't see it fitting Stone Edge over Taunt.
Oh yeah, definately. I'll add that. Rock Slide is probably better with flinch hax though? First of all though, it can Taunt suicide lead Azelf, and it resists Fire Blast + Explosion. That's something.

To expand, I'll see how much Fire Blast does on Bronzong.

I don't know if this is new but...

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 28 HP/88 Spd/252 SAtk/140 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Magnet Rise
- Signal Beam / Explosion

EV's because Magnezone takes more special hits from switching into water and electric types. Gyro Ball and bullet punch do crap.

Anyway this is a Mag for people who want theirs to have more power than survivability. LO t-bolt from 394 does massive damage to pokemon like Sala, so I use HP grass for swamperts.

Magnet rise of course to own groundatkers. Signal beam celebis, or LO explosion for blisseys and other special walls. You can make Mag mild for neutral atk, minus def, plus spatk for a stronger explosion. I'm not sure how much damage it does to blissey, but it's probably upwards of 80 percent.

It can outspeed and ohko most scizor after stealth rock, I think. You can pump in some spd evs to try and outspeed some metagrosses too.

sorry if the description kinda sucks.

Calm Mind Bronzong @ Chesto Berry

Rest
Calm Mind
Psychic
Hidden Power (ice)

Ability: Levitate
Nature(s): Bold
EVs: 252/0/98/152/8/0

This isn't one of the move sets on the analysis but i've found it works extremely well. Its almost like a curselax only its calm mind bronzong. basically come on something like scarfed heatrans earthquake and start calm minding. When you're getting low on health rest and kabam chesto heals you and yeah. So now you've got an amazing tank.

I've used it extremly well in the past, able to take on celebi 1v1, even with leechseed, and other pokemon. A main problem with it is normal bronzong counters. if you havn't CMed enough when the counter switches in, you might want to switch out. Its really effective late game.

My scarfed set was

@ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Meteor Mash
Trick
Explosion
Earthquake
I use a very similar set with Stealth Rock > Earthquake. Earthquake on a choiced pokemon now leaves you very open to the powerful DD threats, and Skymin. With SR Metagross functions as a great lead, ruining other leads with trick and exploding to hurt the switch in.

"SubShockRise" @ Leftovers
126 attack 126 def 126 HP, 126speed, 6spD

-Substitute
-Magnet Rise
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

This set is just lawl. Electivire gets pretty bulky and with no weakness(AFTER MAGNET RISE) The sub won't be fading so fast. Hopefully I'd be able to set this up after a motor drive. Swampert can't do much to it in a sub except for waterfall or roar it. This is just a random set lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)