New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of nice Calculations, but this seems outclassed by Zapdos, who can run Agility / Charge Beam / Baton Pass / Roost with Bulkier defenses, a 1-turn heal, and arguably better typing (roost on electric/flying is great).
Zapdos can't use wish though.. so it depends what you want. Wish can be extremely helpful, not just to sweepers but especially to support members or walls that lack recovery.
Jolteon also has Volt Absorb and is only weak against ground. Zapdos may be immune to ground but it takes neutral damage from electric attacks and is weak against ice, rock when it's not roosting so they both have their ups and downs. It all depends on your team an alternatives are always great.

Zapdos can't use wish though.. so it depends what you want. Wish can be extremely helpful, not just to sweepers but especially to support members or walls that lack recovery.
Jolteon also has Volt Absorb and is only weak against ground. Zapdos may be immune to ground but it takes neutral damage from electric attacks and is weak against ice, rock when it's not roosting so they both have their ups and downs. It all depends on your team an alternatives are always great.
Zapdos also has 90/85/90 Defenses, as opposed to Jolt's 65/60/95 defenses. With your spread, Jolteon has 334 HP, 209 Defense, and 271 Special Defense. Zapdos achieves those defenses using 52 HP, 0 Defense (and he still beats it by 7 points), and 220 Special Defense, with a Neutral SpD Nature. This gives him 236 other EVs and his Nature to further bolster his defenses, Special attack (which is already higher as well), or Speed (which already hits 472 after one Agility, which outspeeds scarfed Pokemon up to positive base 90s/neutral base 100s).

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Lead Uxie

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/194 Def/64 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Thunder Wave/Reflect

This Uxie works as a set-up machine. Trick in the 1st turn incapacitate Stealth Rock/Spikes user, forcing the opponent to switch. Set Stealth Rocks during the switch and paralyze the next Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Memento gives the next Poke a free turn to set-up whatever you want. Stealth Rock or Thunder Wave may be replaced by Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Trick Room for Weather/Trick Room based teams

Uxie great defensive stats allows him to take some hits while using Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. He can survive a Pursuit from a Choice Banded Tyranitar expecting a switch, paralize him and drop his attack with Memento. 64 Speed Evs allows Uxie to reach 399 Speed with Choice Scarf, outspeeding everything not scarfed (except Ninjask and Electrode)

Taunt leads stops this, but Trick will force the opponent to switch.

Afti, Jynx looks decent but you'll be easily killed by Bullet Punch Metagross and Azelf with Fire Blast.
So you switch something that can cope with the move in question in. Pursuit is the real problem I've found- Pursuit leads that are faster get basically a surefire win.

You'll know if Fire Blast is coming due to Forewarn, of course. That being said, I wouldn't be too sure of myself against Azelf; the Jynx lead takes careful prediction to play.

Main purpose is to render suicide leads dead weight, sleep the switchin, and Perish Song/Ice Beam other things to make them switch. Forewarn is quite useful on a scout.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Lead Uxie

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP/194 Def/64 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Thunder Wave/Reflect

This Uxie works as a set-up machine. Trick in the 1st turn incapacitate Stealth Rock/Spikes user, forcing the opponent to switch. Set Stealth Rocks during the switch and paralyze the next Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Memento gives the next Poke a free turn to set-up whatever you want. Stealth Rock or Thunder Wave may be replaced by Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Trick Room for Weather/Trick Room based teams

Uxie great defensive stats allows him to take some hits while using Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. He can survive a Pursuit from a Choice Banded Tyranitar expecting a switch, paralize him and drop his attack with Memento. 64 Speed Evs allows Uxie to reach 399 Speed with Choice Scarf, outspeeding everything not scarfed (except Ninjask and Electrode)

Taunt leads stops this, but Trick will force the opponent to switch.

IMO Momento isn't too great, and I'd rather just use Azelf for Trick. Uxie is much better at using Dual Screens rather than the set you mentioned. Thunder Wave is alright, though Yawn would also be viable.

Name: Mixed Latias
-Outrage
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake / Thunderbolt / Grass Knot / Recover
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Hasty

At first glance, you would probably ask: "Wait, can't Salamence do this better?"
Well, no. Have you ever seen a mixed Latias? even if you did, it would probably be one in a houndred. The whole deal here is the element of surprise. This thing is meant to be a wall breaker, beating Blissey and denting phisical walls with no big problem and paving the way for your sweepers to do their job.

First, play this like a usual LO Lati, firing off Draco Meteors and scouting the opponent's team. Don't do this too much though, since a smart opponent will see the somewhat lacking damage from your special attacks.
Then, when your opponent least expects it, fire off Outrage on his SpD Walls. Her Outrage will do 47.06% - 55.46%to max HP & Def Bold Blissey, a OHKO with SR damage. Her Surf still does enough to badly damage most bulky grounds, even with no SpA envesment.

Earthquake deals with unsuspecting Heatran, Jirachi, Magnezone and Empoleon, but if you want to do some good damage to bulky waters, Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Grass Knot is for Swampert, and both will help with the 'LO Latias' bluff. If you want some healing to make use of her bulk, Recover is an option.

*Well, what do you think? Trust me, this thing works really well in the right hands.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
IMO Momento isn't too great, and I'd rather just use Azelf for Trick. Uxie is much better at using Dual Screens rather than the set you mentioned. Thunder Wave is alright, though Yawn would also be viable.
Memento let the next Pokemon get a free-turn to set-up, Azelf's Explosion is quite predictable, most players will switch in a ghost or steel type when they see Azelf is going the explode. Memento affects ghost types too.

Also, Uxie can take much more hits than Azelf.

Name: Mixed Latias
-Outrage
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake / Thunderbolt / Grass Knot / Recover
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Hasty

At first glance, you would probably ask: "Wait, can't Salamence do this better?"
Well, no. Have you ever seen a mixed Latias? even if you did, it would probably be one in a houndred. The whole deal here is the element of surprise. This thing is meant to be a wall breaker, beating Blissey and denting phisical walls with no big problem and paving the way for your sweepers to do their job.

First, play this like a usual LO Lati, firing off Draco Meteors and scouting the opponent's team. Don't do this too much though, since a smart opponent will see the somewhat lacking damage from your special attacks.
Then, when your opponent least expects it, fire off Outrage on his SpD Walls. Her Outrage will do 47.06% - 55.46%to max HP & Def Bold Blissey, a OHKO with SR damage. Her Surf still does enough to badly damage most bulky grounds, even with no SpA envesment.

Earthquake deals with unsuspecting Heatran, Jirachi, Magnezone and Empoleon, but if you want to do some good damage to bulky waters, Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Grass Knot is for Swampert, and both will help with the 'LO Latias' bluff. If you want some healing to make use of her bulk, Recover is an option.

*Well, what do you think? Trust me, this thing works really well in the right hands.
This takes too much prediction to use, and uses Outrage for Blissey alone. You have to predict the switch to Blissey, and if anything else switches in, you're locked into a fairly weak Outrage and easy to pick off. A Sub Calm Mind Latias would almost always be a better choice, as Blissey without S-Toss can't touch Latias once you have a sub and a few CMs. You're also missing 6 EVs.

Lead Empoleon

@ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Modest
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Speed

Hydro Pump / Surf
Ice Beam / Aqua Jet
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
Props to this guy for coming up with this. I've been trying out this lead on my alt on shoddy and it's actually been pretty successful as an anti-lead, although I tried it out as originally suggested and had to make a few changes to suit my playing style. Here's my suggested spread:

@ Focus Sash
Mild
EV: 252 SpA / 48 SpD / 208 Speed

Surf / Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

Mild over Modest makes your Aqua Jet do more. You won't be using your defense much as most things that will want to attack from that side will take you down to your sash anyways. Aqua Jet lets you take out things like Aerodactyl and suicide lead Azelf without breaking your sash if they taunt or SR and you surf. Empoleon also beats Heatran cleanly, as I've never seen one not run shuca berry. You outspeed and 2HKO most metagross most of the time, unless they EQ. The sash is awesome if you can keep it intact and something like Magnezone or Dugtrio tries to come in and kill you. They take you down to 1 HP, activate torrent, and then get 1HKOed. Surf is preferred to Hydro Pump, unless you like taking risks that early in the game. Grass Knot is for Swampert leads, as well as other water types that come in.

The SpD EVs are specifically for Starmie. I noticed a lot of Starmie came in to T-bolt. These EVs guarantee that T-Bolt from the rapid spinner set is a 3HKO. You can hit back with Grass Knot and take a big chunk out of them. If you aren't concerned with Starmie, then I guess you don't need these EVs. The speed EVs give you 208, which becomes 312 if you get tricked a choice scarf. I find that I usually don't mind the choice scarf if I get it. If you can keep Empoleon healthy, then 312 speed is enough to outspeed max speed base 90s later, so its a decent makeshift check against Lucario. I'm certainly not an expert at optimizing EVs, so theres probably a better spread that I'm not seeing.

I've noticed this lead tends to bring out the opponent's blissey, after the rocks are dropped. If you have a way to kill blissey, this seems to be a good way to bring her out. I have another moveset for that that I can post later, when I'm not so tired :P.

Some of the other common switch-ins I've observed are Suicune, Celebi, Salamence, Latias and Gyarados. Standard Suicune will take about 50% damage from Grass Knot before a Calm Mind is up. Also, with these Speed EVs, you outspeed him. For the Celebi and Salamence, I'm thinking about dropping Stealth Rock for Ice Beam. I find that I prefer attacking over dropping SR most of the time, so sometimes they don't get laid. I might just assign SR duty to another member of the team. I could see HP Electric working over Ice Beam equally well if your team can't handle Gyarados. Yawn might work too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, hi everyone

Toxic Stall... Ninjask?

Ninjask@Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Toxic
Substitute
Baton Pass
Dig / Protect

Ninjask has amazing base 160 speed AND speed boost, which lets him become a very effective speed passer. However, that is this not it's only niche. Having access to toxic AND substitute, Ninjask is the fastest toxi-staller in the game. Baton Pass is to pass speed boosts that were accumulated through the stalling process. The 4th move on this set is up for debate. While protect works completely fine for stalling for speed and damage, Dig allows you to stall effectively WHILE having an attacking move.

Toxic Stall... Ninjask?

Ninjask@Leftovers
Toxic
Substitute
Baton Pass
Dig / Protect

Ninjask has amazing base 160 speed AND speed boost, which lets him become a very effective speed passer. However, that is this not it's only niche. Having access to toxic AND substitute, Ninjask is the fastest toxi-staller in the game. Baton Pass is to pass speed boosts that were accumulated through the stalling process. The 4th move on this set is up for debate. While protect works completely fine for stalling for speed and damage, Dig allows you to stall effectively WHILE having an attacking move.
Dig means that Ninjask will most likely be taking a hit to his terrible defenses after he emerges from underground unless you can force a switch. I would go for protect.

I wrote up an analysis for a defense curl Blissey, but it got taken down within minutes for being a gimmick set, but let me tell you that on stall teams, it is incredible. It went like this:

Pokemon Name:Blissey
Moveset Name: Defense Curl
Move 1: Defense Curl
Move 2: Softboiled
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Flamethrower
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA / 56 SpD

This thing is a stall beast. It can always take a Scizor's Superpower after one Defense Curl and OHKO back with Flamethrower 100% of the time. This works best (and almost exclusively) on stall teams. Flamethrower is for the steels that are immune to Toxic. Heatran, Phazers, and Guts Machamp both give this set huge problems but if they are out of play, this can stall out the whole game.

But with Protect, you're set-bait for Steels, Lucario and Scizor in particular. IMO, Toxistallers need a good Fire or Fighting attack.

Or he can just pass? But the problem is that without proper recovery, you'll get two Subs max due to Stealth Rock (excluding the omnipresent Sandstorm), so it won't work effectively.

ninjask will just bp away to the right counter. though bulletpunch will p'ably knock ninjask out of the park
On the turn that they switch to the steel type, Ninjask would be setting up a Sub so it can pass at least 1 speed boost. Not too many Pokemon know Bullet Punch besides Scizor, Metagross, and Machamp (who rarely runs it).

On the turn that they switch to the steel type, Ninjask would be setting up a Sub so it can pass at least 1 speed boost. Not too many Pokemon know Bullet Punch besides Scizor, Metagross, and Machamp (who rarely runs it).
You're forgetting Lucario who gets BP, but even if he doesn't use it, you still have Extremespeed for priority.
So even if you switch in a steel and Jask has his Sub, you can break it with priority before it passes out, or if it attacks with Dig, you can use the turn to switch to a flier, setup, or just wait for the attack and KO it next turn.
Basically, Toxi-stalling isn't really viable, and even with Ninjask's speed, its weakness to SR and priority will kill it. So, you can pass speed but any baton pass set can achieve that

I wrote up an analysis for a defense curl Blissey, but it got taken down within minutes for being a gimmick set, but let me tell you that on stall teams, it is incredible. It went like this:

Pokemon Name:Blissey
Moveset Name: Defense Curl
Move 1: Defense Curl
Move 2: Softboiled
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Flamethrower
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature(s): Calm
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA / 56 SpD

This thing is a stall beast. It can always take a Scizor's Superpower after one Defense Curl and OHKO back with Flamethrower 100% of the time. This works best (and almost exclusively) on stall teams. Flamethrower is for the steels that are immune to Toxic. Heatran, Phazers, and Guts Machamp both give this set huge problems but if they are out of play, this can stall out the whole game.
What does this do better than Charm Bliss? Charm lowers Attack two stages, which is twice as good as raising you own Defense by one. Defense Curl Blissey also loses the ability to force switches it would have if using Charm, and forcing switches is a valuable ability for a stall team. Blissey usually switches in and out a lot during a battle, and therefore loses its defensive boosts. What do the EVs accomplish, as well?

I use this Crobat as a lead, and I don't see it in the analysis:

Jolly, 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Defense, Damp Rock

Taunt
Rain Dance
U-Turn
Roost/Brave Bird

Crobat is fast enough with this set to Taunt most Stealth Rock users, and Inner Focus means Fake Out is effectively a free turn. The only leads that scare Crobat out without it doing anything are Aerodactyl and Jolteon (which share the same base Speed as Crobat, though there is a small chance it can survive a lead Aerodactyl Stone Edge). Roost allows it to be used later, but Brave Bird allows it to hurt something (I have Roost on mine, since it's Wifi, and I'd have to breed another one for Brave Bird). It can typically take one non-STAB super-effective hit. Metagross isn't too much of a problem either, since it can take a Meteor Mash and a Bullet Punch.

EDIT: mtr12 rightly pointed out that I forgot the item. Yes, it is Damp Rock. The bulkiness of the set prevents you from being forced to use Focus Sash, and get a longer Rain Dance.

That Ninjask set looks interesting. Dig is excellent, since the biggest downfall for typically Toxistallers is the inability to hurt Heatran very much(Zapdos, Blissey), meanwhile Dig can scout AND hurt Heatran. Pretty cool IMO.

Here's a Jirachi set I've been tinkering with:

Jirachi @ Light Clay/Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Impish
EVs: 240 HP / 160 DEF / 76 SPD / 32 SPE
Reflect
Light Screen
Iron Head
Body Slam

It's essentially a fusion of Wish Support and Dual Screen. It is essential to have Wish support else where on the team (Latias, Blissey, etc) to compliment this set but that's beside the point. With Jirachi's bulk and stat distribution, you can annoy the hell out of an opponent. Jirachi draws EQs and Fire attacks like there's no tomorrow (Latias pairs brilliantly here) but watch as their Earthquake struggles to even 2HKO (a CB Jolly Mamoswine has to be lucky to do it if you have Leftovers and that's not counting the flinch rate of Iron Head or Parahax from Body Slam). This set then lets you switch into something like CM Latias (who scoffs at anything coming it's way except Outrage). In fact, a Latias running Calm Mind, Wish, Substitute, Dragon Pulse will be extremely hard to take down with Reflect and Light Screen letting it set up (LO Draco Meteor from Salamence (running New MixMence set) fails to 2HKO).

I use this Crobat as a lead, and I don't see it in the analysis:
First of all, I don't see the item, though I guess it's Damp Rock.

Second of all, I guess it's an assumption (for the smogon analysis sets) that a rain team/sun team will run the appropriate rock and Rain Dance/Sunny Day over a move of their choice. At least that's the impression I got from reading the Aerodactyl analysis.

ninjask will just bp away to the right counter. though bulletpunch will p'ably knock ninjask out of the park
Don't be so sure. With a crapload of defense EV's such as the ones on the dedicated speed passer set in the analysis, Ninjask can live an LO-boosted Bullet Punch/Extremespeed/whatever.

Though I don't suggest you try it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Toxic Stall... Ninjask?

Ninjask@Leftovers
Toxic
Substitute
Baton Pass
Dig / Protect

Run 166 HP/ 240 Defense / 100 Spe. Ninjask will never survive a special attack, ever, and 4 Defense EVs reduces more damage from physical attacks than 4 HP EVs. However, with 4x resistance to Close Combat its Subs should survive, it will also be able to take a priority attack without an instant KO (Vacuum Wave, the only special priority attack is 4x resisted). You do not need Max Speed on Ninjask, EVER. Unless there is a reason you need to survive Max Speed Choice Scarf Lucario on the first turn, it is utterly pointless. My listed EVs give you 419 speed, which outspeeds all Adamant Salac/Scarf Lucario.

To be honest you could probably get away with 252 HP / 240 Def / 20 Speed as it puts you at 396 before Speed Boost.

Only run max speed if you absolutely fear Adamant Scarf Jirachi with Thunder Wave or Trick. Even then your EVs are not optimized, as you could run 44 HP / 252 Defense / 212 Spe.

What does this do better than Charm Bliss? Charm lowers Attack two stages, which is twice as good as raising you own Defense by one. Defense Curl Blissey also loses the ability to force switches it would have if using Charm, and forcing switches is a valuable ability for a stall team. Blissey usually switches in and out a lot during a battle, and therefore loses its defensive boosts. What do the EVs accomplish, as well?
Well, you have to constantly keep charming in order to keep that effect up, but if you defense curl, you've got the plus defense until you decide to switch out. Doesn't depend on your opponent at all.

First of all, I don't see the item, though I guess it's Damp Rock.

Second of all, I guess it's an assumption (for the smogon analysis sets) that a rain team/sun team will run the appropriate rock and Rain Dance/Sunny Day over a move of their choice. At least that's the impression I got from reading the Aerodactyl analysis.

Don't be so sure. With a crapload of defense EV's such as the ones on the dedicated speed passer set in the analysis, Ninjask can live an LO-boosted Bullet Punch/Extremespeed/whatever.

Though I don't suggest you try it.
I edited my post with your suggestion. I should point out now that the advantage Crobat has over Aerodactyl is that it isn't weak to Bullet Punch. Metagross is one of the most common leads in my experience, so that is a great selling point in the current metagame.

Well, you have to constantly keep charming in order to keep that effect up, but if you defense curl, you've got the plus defense until you decide to switch out. Doesn't depend on your opponent at all.
On Stall teams, though, isn't it one of the team's goals to force switches? Either way, Charm accomplishes what you want. If the Physical switch-in doesn't switch out, it has to fight at half attack and will likely get stalled out. If it does switch, the opponent's next Pokemon takes entry hazard damage. Defense Curl both lowers the opponent's attack relative to your defense by less than Charm does, and also doesn't have the switch-inducing potential of Charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)