New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. If he can prove that Giga Impact deserves a place as it allows Slaking to beat several counters that woudln't get destroyed by Double-Edge, even if it kills the Slaking in the process, then it might be viable as a lure.

Looking at the calcs, I see Vaporeon, Swampert and Gliscor. Now, Gliscor is hit harder by Ice Punch, so the points it moot, but you could potentially KO the opponent's bulky water to make a sweep easier with something else. I'm interested in GI vs Suicune personally.

Still, it still stands that set-up sweepers are very dangerous, but, as pointed out, you still have 5 Pokemon, 4 if you keep a spot for your sweeper that hates bulky waters. I think it's possible to work it out with only 4.

That being said, I still think it's inferior to the normal CB set, since 2 returns are more powerful than a single Giga Impact. Once Swampert or Vaporeon (lol, like they would come in) gets weakened by the first attack, it's unlikely to switch out again since it's low on hp.
Even the maxed attack giga would only do ~75% dmg to the crocune set so I know it won't OHKO him...however crocune really doesn't have any other thing (except rest) to kill him so in the end I am assuming Slaking would win (even with the truant ability). I will run throuh some tests though.

Oh and for the return. The whole point of this pokemon is to OHKO as many as possible with its tremendous power resisted by ghost and fighting only. I wouldn't use return (unless of course you could use that instead of the other options just like specslatias with both draco meteor and dragon pulse) but that again is a personal preference on the issue of stability vs. brut power.

Scenario one:
Slaking uses GI Pokemon XX faints
Lucario is sent in
Lucario uses Swords Dance
Slaking is loafing around
Lucarion uses Close Combat
Slaking has Fainted!

Two Close Combats does basically the same as SD + CC only leaves you in less of a dire situation
It cannot beat Lucario in the situation after the giga impact
however, he can take out lucario as long as he hasn';t used giga and is not switching in on him (i will do more tests on him but yeah he's a hard pokie to fight for the ape lol)

Not really. If he can prove that Giga Impact deserves a place as it allows Slaking to beat several counters that woudln't get destroyed by Double-Edge, even if it kills the Slaking in the process, then it might be viable as a lure.

Looking at the calcs, I see Vaporeon, Swampert and Gliscor. Now, Gliscor is hit harder by Ice Punch, so the points it moot, but you could potentially KO the opponent's bulky water to make a sweep easier with something else. I'm interested in GI vs Suicune personally.

Still, it still stands that set-up sweepers are very dangerous, but, as pointed out, you still have 5 Pokemon, 4 if you keep a spot for your sweeper that hates bulky waters. I think it's possible to work it out with only 4.

That being said, I still think it's inferior to the normal CB set, since 2 returns are more powerful than a single Giga Impact. Once Swampert or Vaporeon (lol, like they would come in) gets weakened by the first attack, it's unlikely to switch out again since it's low on hp.
Slaking can't fire two Returns in a row either due to Traunt. The only thing REturn has over GI is the ability to switch out after one hit.

Suicune-related calculations:

1. Crocune's surf vs. Slaking: 216 Atk vs 166 Def & 464 HP (95 Base Power): 133 - 157 (28.66% - 33.84%)
2. Crocune's calm minded surf vs. Slaking: 324 Atk vs 166 Def & 464 HP (95 Base Power): 199 - 235 (42.89% - 50.65%)

Calm minded surf has 97.17% to 2HKO slaking, which is bad for Slaking.
However, he'd have to set and such in the process, which would allow Slaking to switch out :D
:cloud:
Slaking can't fire two Returns in a row either due to Traunt. The only thing REturn has over GI is the ability to switch out after one hit.
Ah yes forgot about that thanks!
But then again it is a valid argument that the inability switch out is a negative point for slacking. However, unless it's like sd'd pokemon, he can take it and when they try to hit you will come out with your walls anyways (the new lucario scanrio i gave). Again I won't say this pokemon is perfect, if it is it would be uber but it isn't and I didn't intendt him to be. Thanks by the way :D

EDIT: Pretty much what I would do is...go in kill and if you are to be THKO'd get out with a wall or a resistant pokemon against the other pokemon. Unless you have a reflect supporter on your team then you really don't have much problem taking down pretty much anything. With the reflect on and SDYacheChomp on the other hand has no chance of 2HKOing him (718 Atk vs 299 Def & 464 HP (120 Base Power): 156 - 184 (33.62% - 39.66%)) while Slaking has 100% of OHKO even the yache variant of garchomp (without defensive ev investment) with ice punch.

I've just about perfected lead Empoleon, try him out here.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58844

It beats a huge number of leads. Metagross, Azelf, Swampert, Aerodactyl, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Tyranitar, Forretress, Heatran, Gliscor, and more.

If you run Chople, you can beat Infernape and Machamp (unless you get confused). If you run Lum Berry, you beat Breloom and Smeargle, set up Rocks against against Roserade, though you lose to Tyranitar, might lose to some various pokemon.

That slaking, especially with double-edge, would pair well with Vaporeon and Dusknoir to take hits - you'll need something to wish-pass to the other two, and a ghost to take the inevitable pile of fighting attacks such a bulky normal-type is going to receive. I don't know if I'd use the Giga Impact variant myself...but it's possible.

Slaking has 100% of OHKO even the yache variant of garchomp (without defensive ev investment) with ice punch.
Calculation 1: Slaking’s ice punch vs. 0HP/0Def YacheChomp: 657 Atk vs 226 Def & 358 HP (75 Base Power): 314 - 370 (87.71% - 103.35%)
What the hell are you talking about? Your first calculation proves that wrong, even with SR the OHKO isn't guarenteed

That slaking, especially with double-edge, would pair well with Vaporeon and Dusknoir to take hits - you'll need something to wish-pass to the other two, and a ghost to take the inevitable pile of fighting attacks such a bulky normal-type is going to receive. I don't know if I'd use the Giga Impact variant myself...but it's possible.
I would say he'd do well in a defensive team where there will be supports (whether the player uses Slaking or not so it wouldn't be overcentralizing for...even Garchomp). I would say the best support pokemon for him (well I like the screen supporters the most personally) would be, if i have to choose just one, the screen supporter like cresselia. But yep, Double Edge/GI issue is a personal preference in my opinion. The fighting attacks can be dealt with...let's say a pokemon like Gliscor. Pokemons like...gliscor, gyarados (if luke and ape are without thunder punch or stone edge), Celebi can be good counters against luke and ape in general. Also, when a pokemon is pretty much guaranteed to kill a pokemon even if it has to take a hit and run away the next turn (or just simply run away the next turn), which is the case for this Slaking, I'd say one should seriously consider using this monstrous pokemon. Thanks for your input by the way.

Edit: Anyways, I think I will stop with this Slaking analysis now. Started it due to the free time I had but now it's become too serious for me to handle lol. For the final note, it's a nice pokemon and a never underrated one in my honest opinion.

Jolteon: @ Leftovers
8HP / 248 Def / 252 Spe
Timid

Charge Beam
Magnet Rise
Baton Pass
Substitute / Wish

Start off with a Magnet Rise against common EQers like Metagross, Swampert, Bronzong, etc.

Then Charge Beam as you take resisted Bullet Punches, Gyro Balls, etc. Use Substitute when hits do less than 25% damage, if you don't want Wish, then use Wish to Pass to teammates.

Substitute can be used over Wish to deal with things like TrickGross (Jolteon is 1 Speed faster than Jolly Max Speed Trick Gross), or to scout in general. Oftentimes you can combine Magnet Rise with Substitute when dealing with Choice Pokemon (like say Scarf Heatran *using Earth Power to not miss with Fire Blast*, Choice Band Flygon etc.) so that you can outspeed their attack, gain an Immunity, and Substitute on their switch, ready to Baton Pass both, or Charge Beam up after their switch comes in.

Jolteon works great to pass this Immunity to Pokemon that really need it like Heatran, Magnezone, etc. Additionally, the Special Attack certainly helps. Empoleon, for example can abuse Magnet Rise, to Agility against many resisted hits, since it gained an Immunity to its most exploited weaknesses, and then Sweep with the +1 Special Attack from Jolteon's Charge Beam.
Unfortunately, Jolteon is really fragile. Even a resisted Meteor Mash will hurt quite a bit. Let alone a surf/hydro pump from swampert. Good on paper, but not so much in practice. Maybe if someone else could do it?

The first scenario is perfectly fine as I am speaking as I have factored in the fact that he will be outsped. However, you are right abou the second situation, that was my mistake. The second situation woul be more like this.

Slakng used GI and killed pokemon 1.
Lucario was sent out by the opponent who used SD and Slaking is loafing around.
Slaking got out and pokemon 2 (for instance...gliscor woul dbe a good example) was brought out to the field who then takes the close combat.
252 Adamant Luke's +2 CC versus 252/40 Jolly Gliscor = 56-66%, then a +2 ExtremeSpeed does 50-59%, meaning Gliscor is screwed. If you're depending on Gliscor to stop a SD Luke sweep, you'll be screwed. You need a harder counter like Scarfed Rotom-H, which is still in trouble if your opponent predicts (having seen it before) and fires off a +2 Crunch instead (which still does enough to threaten Gliscor with ExtremeSpeed death most of the time, and all of the time with Rocks).

Also how is this really a "new" or "creative" set? Giga Impact is mentioned as an "other options" attack for choice band on the analysis page.

252 Adamant Luke's +2 CC versus 252/40 Jolly Gliscor = 56-66%, then a +2 ExtremeSpeed does 50-59%, meaning Gliscor is screwed. If you're depending on Gliscor to stop a SD Luke sweep, you'll be screwed. You need a harder counter like Scarfed Rotom-H, which is still in trouble if your opponent predicts (having seen it before) and fires off a +2 Crunch instead (which still does enough to threaten Gliscor with ExtremeSpeed death most of the time, and all of the time with Rocks).

Also how is this really a "new" or "creative" set? Giga Impact is mentioned as an "other options" attack for choice band on the analysis page.
His EVs are different than the standard, although I am not sure which tier this is for(must be Uber) since Garchomp is banned in OU.

I can say that Rotom-c works well, since I have used the exact same set on a team before. Lead Azelf is a problem since it can get SR up and do some damage. Same for Aerodactyl. Other than that it has little problem with most common leads, OHKOing Swampert and Hippowdon before they can even set up Stealth Rock. Rotom-c also lols at all Jirachi's attacks. Rotom-c leads would work well on teams with Forretress because Forry covers Rotom-c's weaknesses and can both set up Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.

Azelf@Choice Band
Adamant/Naughty Nature
EVs: HP4/252Atk/252Spe

Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Flamethrower/Explosion/U-turn

This is without a doubt, the undiscovered GOD of the world. NO-one expects this, and the KO's from the suprise factor alone are...suprising. When they send their Blissey in expecting the NP sweeper, they are 2KOed by Zen Headbutt. ZenH is my STAB-Abuse move, and is suprisingly powerful backed by a CB.
Flamethrower is there for when
a) they've caught on I'm a Physical sweeper, and switch in Skarm/Bronzong, I can then proceed to devestate them, 2KOing Skarm and 3KOing Zong.
b) they switch in Scizor, which I usually predict after scouting and KO with Flamethrower.
Thunderpunch takes out Gyarados and Vaporeon, 2 common Azelf counters, always KOing the latter. Ice Punch is brilliant with Thunderpunch, forming an impernatrable wall with ZenH and Flamethrower. It OHKO's Mence, Gliscor and maybe Latias, but 100% chance w/SR. It also 2KOs Zapdos and 3KO's Hippowdon to boot.
Flamethrower can be dropped for the immensly powerful Explosion, which KO's just about everything, even T-Tar, who completely walls this without it. Nothing short of Skarm/Zong/Aggron/Probopass really can take a hit, with Skarm and Zong taking huge amounts of damage. U-turn is an odd one. It can aid it's escape from T-Tar, who takes ~70% damage, and has a 75% chance of OHKOing Celebi.
Unfortunatly, this set is pwnd by Heatran, and T-tar if Flamethrower is chosen. I've found Hariyama is a really good pair up. He owns T-Tar and can set up SR which is needed for some of the KO's. Also, he is an alright Heatran killer, but its the SR support and T-Tar elimination we want him for.

Laught if you want, that's why it works anyways.

LONG POST IS LONG

The first all-tier lead in the history:

Delibird (F) @ Focus Sash ** DECEMBER 25
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs:
160 Atk / 96 Spd / 252 SAtk (Option A)
80 Atk / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk (Option B)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk ("Pure Power")

Option A: Outruns Neutral Max speed relicanth (For late game), marowak, Cacturne, Gorebyss and other slow pokemon. Also outspeed min. speed 85 base and less
Option B: Outruns +Nature Max speed relicanth (For late game), Marowak, Cacturne, Gorebyss, Abomasnow and other slow pokemon. Also outspeed min. 95 base and less.
Pure power: Deals the most damage delibird can do with Ice shard.

Customize: You MUST maximize special attack and use a +Spc atk nature but other than that you can customize your Delibird depending on the tier you're playing because, as you may see, option A and B are most useful in NU, while at first glance Pure power seems better for UU and OU, however, you mat put some speed to outrun the pokemon you want (if it's in Delibird's range of speed of course)

Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Grass] / [Flying]
- Ice Shard / Counter
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin / Counter

NU and UU: You may want to run Hidden grass over Flying and Rapid spin or counter it's situational, but counter helps in NU.
OU: Here Counter it's a lot more useful but it's hard to see what attack to replace. Hidden flying still being the second option.

Who could say the, according to the analysis, worst rapid spinner EVUR could use it?

Like 2 or 3 days ago I was looking for a lead who could work on OU, UU and NU while being NU as it's the style of play I play (I erase any team I create if it only work in one or two tiers) and ended... with this as the best possible option.

Why should I use delibird:

+Most people understimate him and set up first turn. Sure dead to many, many leads
+Vital spirit prevents Breloom (OU) Roserades (UU) and Jumpluff (NU) leads, all of them are easily killed by Delibird anyways.
+Coolness points.
+Some leads can't do anything to delibird.

NU LEADS:

-Butterfree: 1HKO Ice beam
-Cloyster: 2HKO with Hidden power grass. TS and Spikes can be spin away after kill (if the foe send out a slower pokemon OR a faster one and you still have your sash (most of the time))
-Relicanth: Hidden power grass OHKO most of the time 4 hp 0 s.def, max hp are 2hko'd, same max hp max s def most of the time.
-Gligar: Ice beam OHKOs, if they have, for some reason, sash you can rapid spin for the kill and clean the field.
-Veeomoth: Hidden power Flying 2HKO but leaves venomoth in Ice shard range, meaning that you will win always if you run those attacks.
-Jumpluff: Jumpy just doesn't stand a chance.

Attack me, or else you will DIE (CD-I reference): Floatzel (Hidden grass, they set up rain first turn almost always), Pinsir (Ice beam 2hko, Hidden flying 2hko but leaves him in Ice shard range SOMETIMES, only works in "Pure power" EVs distribution, most of the time they set up rocks first (unless they have seen delibird before)), Venomoth

UU LEADS:

-Roserade: Sadly Ice beam never OHKOs, however, you can finish it off with Ice shard without problems. Pray for not being poison-haxxed (Funny how the delibird user can relie on delibird, but the other one must relie on hax to beat him)
-Crobat: Most of the time it is 2hko'd, however, it may be 1hko'd sometimes. Finish it off with Ice shard also.
-Yanmega: Finally a 100% OHKO :D if Sash'd just use Ice shard.

Attack me, or else you will DIE: Electrode (2HKO the rain-set up with Ice beam)

OU LEADS:

-Metagross: This is why Counter is an option. It requres being an extreme hardcore good player (Well, not that badly) You have to predict if your oponent is going to set up rocks the first turn or bullet punch. If you predict the bullet punch you just got a OHKO. Without Counter you can't do anything anyways to him.
-Swampert: Hidden grass 2HKO the 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA Relaxed from the analysis It need to almost max. it's spc def for being 3hko'd.

Most of the time, when Swampert realises it's going to lose to a delibird it switch (first turn they set up SR) so you just can spin away them and got the momentum or whatever it's called.

-Aerodactyl: For many people the most annoying lead (as scarf breloom can't outspeed, for example) however it's the first OU lead (or second, if you count swampy) that it's killed 100% of the time. Just ice beam the first turn and if it SE/Rock slide ice shard, if it SR ice shard (not using the sash) or spin away the rocks (killing it but, most of the time, losing the sash) depends on you.
-Ninjask: Another good scenario for Delibird, pretty much like Aerodactyl but here you have to predict a bit more. If ninjask decides to subs 2 times (50% lost) you can finish it off with Ice shard if you run the Pure Power delibird. With other EVs you will have to wait 3 subs for the kill. It's the first scenario where the EVs really, really matter
-Smeargle: 2HKO'd by ice beam.
-Gliscor: See "Gligar" in "NU LEADS", another win-win situation.
-Breloom: 1HKO'd, only wins if it run sash (pointless for standard), attack the first turn and the second one mach punch, as it outrun.

Attack me, or else you will DIE: Azelf (Ice beam 2hko, if it decides to set up rocks you win), YacheMence, Celebi (Ice beam 2hko, if it decide to set up rocks you win, again), Infernape (Only with Hidden power flying, same as the others, pray for not being fake-out'd), Hippowdon (Ice beam 2hko. Stealth rock set up = dead), Mamoswine (Life orbSwine if set up SR first it's 2hko'd by ice beam factoring life orb damage (as it ice shard)

Attack me and you will DIE: (Counter deads) Mamoswine, Metagross, BP Scizor, Any-physical-attack Lucario, Gyarados (Pray for not being flinchhax'd or not fighting a subs variant)

DELIBIRD CAN'T BE THAT GOOD, ISN'T IT?

That's right even if the list of leads you beat it's huge and he's kinda-reliable in all the tiers, there's some leads you just CAN'T beat.

O NAOZ I CANT BEAT: Uxie, Jirachi, Bronzong, Tyranitar, Heatran, Abomasnow (Without HP Flying (Or a bizarre fire, lol), Togekiss (Most of them T-wave the first turn and can just wait until you parahax to kill, Fake-outs (Ambipom, Persian, Purugly, etc. Only without protect + Counter combo), Entei.

OPINION

Delibird is, indeed, a novelty unexpected pokemon. It relies on the oponent understimating him as some of the kills you got relies on the oponent setting up Stealth rocks/rain/whatever but, of course, there are some kills you can get without relying on set ups. It's not the perfect lead (because a "perfect" one depend on the tier) but it's kinda close, lol.

OTHER OPTIONS

While it movepool it's poor and shared by most pokemon, LeadLibird can make well use of them:

Protect can help predicting (even if you "misspredict" (For example, you protect against SR metagross, then you counter as it will bullet punch)) and fuck up fake out playing it with counter.
Icy wind can be used instead of Ice sahrd. It helps in NU lowering leads speed while doing some damage, for example, with icy wind + Ice beam combo you always leaves extremly weak Pinsir in NU. Icy wind + HP flying kills it.
Blizzard It's the stronger and way less reliable option for ice beam, hwoever, it transform some (many in fact) 2hko in Blizzard+Ice shard KO.
Toxic is reliable in most pokemon and delibird it's one of those pokemon. It works specially against Uxie, Togekiss and T-tar
Brick Break works against T-tar, sadly, it's a 3hko using "pure power" EVs (unless you run Hustle, wich means you may fail and you're open for Breloom's spore)
Hustle Even if it isn't an attack it may work if you want some more power. Specially in OU as the most common sleep-leads are just 2, breloom and roserade. Leaving yourself open to sleep ísn't good anyways (Breloom, venomoth, butterfree, Persian, Purugly, Yanmega, etc can beat you)

COUNTERING DELIBIRD

I love Delibird but it's defences sucks and "LeadLibird" isn't the fastest guy around. Most of the time he relies on the foe setting up (specially in NU) so when facing LeadLibird... don't f-cking laught and ATTACK IT, no mercy to the penguin or else you're gonna regret it, seriously.

"Leadgon"

Flygon@Life Orb
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
~ Earth Power
~ Draco Meteor
~ HP Grass
~ Quick Attack

One day I decided to come up with a lead with a surprise factor that people usually will expect is physical and can ohko Swampert. The key to this set is STAB Earth Power and Quick attack for sashes along with surprise.

Vs Azelf: Draco Meteor breaks sash as it stealth rocks and then you quick attack for the ko. So you have an 80 percent Flygon and all they have is rocks.

Vs Metagross: Earth Power usually OHKOS

Vs Jirachi: Earth Power has a slight chance to OHKO (be weary of Ice punch)

Vs Swampert: Stays in and HP Grass sometimes OHKOS

Vs Aerodactyl: Draco+QA Same as Azelf all they get is rocks and you are unscathed.

Vs Infernape: Earth Power + QA All they get is rocks and you are unscathed besides maybe a fakeout.

Vs Hippowdon: Stays in and SR's b/c it thinks it walls you then you can HP Grass or Draco Meteor for the 2HKO.

Vs Bronzong: Switch you can't hurt Levitators

Vs Heatran: Earth Power can OHKO through Shuca and definitely without.

Vs Max HP Max SpD Tyranitar +Nature: Earth Power 2hkos

Depending on what you want to outspeed you can reallocate the speed evs to hp or defenses.

^^^Flygon only 1hkos Metagross 41% of the time. Heatran is only KOed 33% of the time with Shuca unless he runs Naive.

Tyranitar with max hp, max defense is never 2hkoed.

Otherwise it is not too bad I suppose.

Even if it doesn't OHKO you are still hurting them significantly and they will probably switch so you can predict the switch in. For example say you used Earth Power and injure Metagross badly they will switch in a flyer to Draco Meteor on the switch.

And your right about you can't 2hko max max ttar but how many leads are actually maxd and it can't do anything back to you. On a regular Ttar its a 3hko and does about 40 percent I think.

Latias @ Damp Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

A great supporter I use on my rain dance team.

It has great resistances and gets amazing coverage with dragon pulse and surf. This latias can beat ttar and hippowdon so you don't won't have to worry about the weather changing all the time, and its good bulk combined with its instant recovery move allows it to stay alive for quite a while. Please, do not mistake this for a worse kingdra, as it plays much differently. Besides all of the resistances latias has that kingdra doesn't, latias also has access to many more support moves if needed, more bulk, an instant recovery move, better special attack, etc.

I don't see any reason for not using max special attack and max speed for the EVs.

@Riverside:The Delibird isnt actually that bad of an option for a lead, especially in NU where it handles Sleep Leads and can spin, although it loses to Pinsir and Sash leads with priority (faster than it of course), but Cloyster and Piloswine both do similar things so they're competition.
But I don't really think it works in OU simply because it's outclassed; Weavile does everything better besides being able to Spin, Starmie does rapid spinning lead better, Mamo has SR along with Ice Shard. All's it has is Vital Spirit, which is negligible since Sleep Leads aren't used commonly enough in OU to use Delibird.

Still Scarf Breloom, uncommon, may be very annoying if you don't have anything to absorb the status but yeah, Delibird it's outclassed in higher tiers other than that. I wanted a NU to do the job anyways but that's just me.

Delibird beat Lum berry (Or leftovers-less) pinsir with hidden flying + shard, only leftovers ones can survive sometimes, but that's a personal choice (Grass for Relicanth, Cloyster, Floatzel and stuff or Flying for pinsir)

Pilos and Cloyster are strong competition, sadly for them they may fear Persian/Purugly/Venomoth Hypnosis/Sleep Powder. Delibird got Vital spirit, they got more bulky. Another personal choice.

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Inner Focus
~Spore
~Thunder Wave
~Destiny Bond
~Charm
Nature:Jolly/Timid
252 speed 252 hp 4 def
the basic idea idea here is to disable an oppenent then switch this strategy is designed to disable many of the sweepers in OU

The very Tricky Toaster
Rotom-h @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe

~Discharge
~Shadow Ball
~Overheat
~Trick

This set is designed to counter everything from Adamant SDLucario, Adamant Heracross, most Scizor variants and most Gyarados (although I haven't tested against Gyarados properly, it works on paper). It also cripples walls, physical sweepers, and restricts mixed sweepers somewhat.

Discharge is used as primary STAB. It hits gyarados for 4x Super Effective, and generally deals with it. It also deals with Bulky Waters, and Flying types, such as Skarmory and other similar pokemon. It also spreads paralysis quite well, and does a much better job than the more powerful Thunderbolt. Shadow Ball deals with the majority of psychic, ghost and electric-resistant types.

Overheat serves on this set to deal with Lucario, Scizor and Heracross, all whom can be quite devastating to a team. It also hits grass types for super effective, who would otherwise absorb hits quite easily from this set.

Trick is in place to shut down counters such as Blissey, Snorlax, Tyranitar and Swampert, all of whom do not particularly like Choice Specs.

This set is generally forced out in the face of strong pursuit-users, such as Choice Band Snorlax, and Tyranitar variants, also Weavile to some extent. A well timed trick can usually let the pokemon in question be countered, but Rotom takes heavy damage from the pursuit.

Swampert, Lanturn and to a lesser extent, Gastrodon also wall this set, as their high HP, solid Special Defence, and an Electric immunity prove somewhat too much for Rotom-h. Trick does somewhat shut these pokemon down, although it gets hard to predict when it will switch in.

Heatran also does well against this set, with Flash Fire, and a Ghost resistance. Paralysis does somewhat hurt Heatran, and Discharge is a 3-4Ko.

Blissey walls this set, although she can't do much direct damage, and she is severely hurt by a tricked Choice Specs.

The EVs are designed to outpace Neutral base 90 Pokémon, while keeping Rotom bulky, with maximum HP, and the remainder in defence, to further his role as the best Scizor counter. Choice Specs compensates for lack of Special Attack EVs.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 110 Atk
Nature: Impish (Def+/SAtk-)
- Curse
- Wish
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial Ace

Leafeon can come in on quite a few physical threats, even those with SE attacks. Now NU, Leafeon pairs very well with Cacturne. Leafeon can actually take down Hitmonchan, Combusken, and Monferno that cause Cacturne problems, and the foe won't even realize they're fighting a losing battle until the OHKO Aerial Ace lands. Leafeon can even come in on the Flare Blitz and fail to be 3HKOed.

Late game it can also come back in once more and set itself up once the foe loses their special attacker for an endgame sweep.

Pokemon Name: Dusknoir
Moveset Name: Solution to Wobbuffet?
Move 1: Imprison
Move 2: Counter
Move 3: Shadow Sneak/Punch
Move 4: Earthquake/Mean Look/Filler
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Impish
EVs: Ordered 252/168/Def/SpA/44/44 (Your choice)

Basic idea is to shut down Wobbuffet. Imprison, and then attack it away. Counter is to stop Wob from using it, as well as taking down any threats thrown your way. Go with Shadow Sneak if you want to hit first, and Shadow Punch if you prefer to hit a bit harder. Last move can be any move you choose. Earthquake to stop users from hitting you. Mean Look can stop Wob from running away when it knows it's done. Don't like either of the choices? Run with whatever you want.

Pokemon Name: Dusknoir
Moveset Name: Solution to Wobbuffet?
Move 1: Imprison
Move 2: Counter
Move 3: Shadow Sneak/Punch
Move 4: Earthquake/Mean Look/Filler
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Impish
EVs: Ordered 252/168/Def/SpA/44/44 (Your choice)

Basic idea is to shut down Wobbuffet. Imprison, and then attack it away. Counter is to stop Wob from using it, as well as taking down any threats thrown your way. Go with Shadow Sneak if you want to hit first, and Shadow Punch if you prefer to hit a bit harder. Last move can be any move you choose. Earthquake to stop users from hitting you. Mean Look can stop Wob from running away when it knows it's done. Don't like either of the choices? Run with whatever you want.
Wobbuffet is only found in Ubers, and if you were to use this Dusknoir in that tier, you would be nuts. :[ This really is too specialized, although it is very creative. It's basically more productive to have something else there and just weaken the Wobbuffet gradually.

If you did use it in Ubers, your set is to physically defensive minded in a more specially based tier.

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Inner Focus
~Spore
~Thunder Wave
~Destiny Bond
~Charm
Nature:Jolly/Timid
252 speed 252 hp 4 def
the basic idea idea here is to disable an oppenent then switch this strategy is designed to disable many of the sweepers in OU
This set already exists but with Stealth Rock over Thunder Wave and Trick over Charm. Once your opponent catches on to the Choice Scarf then Sleep Clause will probably be active already and your opponent can completely shut down this set by switching to an Electric-immune Pokemon or one that doesn't mind paralysis. Charm is not very useful since Smeargle's Defense is so bad that most Physical Pokemon can KO it through Charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)