Machamp @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
No Guard

252 Atk/252 spd/6 hp

- Scary Face
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge/Payback
- Earthquake

the point of this set is to force a switch, dynamicpunch something, or catch a switch offguard. This works best with Toxic spikes, spikes or Stealth rock to catch pokemon in the switch. Scary face also works well to catch switch in's off guard (e.g a latias will not be expecting a scary face) After a scary face everything becomes slower than machamp unless it has a choice scarf or has boosted its speed previously. Machamp is then freee to dynamicpunch lots of things to oblivion with that high atk stat. the other attacks are for coverage.

Pidgeot @Choice Specs
Ability:Tangled Feet
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spa/252 Spe
Modest nature (+Spa/-Atk)
-U-Turn
-Hidden Power Ice/Hidden Power Ground
-Heatwave
-Air Slash

SpecsGeot

Ok,this man could really looks strange,but exactly for this reason this set can work.
The optimum coverage as well as the surprise factor let it be useful in OU too.With 393 of Special Attack,Air Slash is a good Stab-move resisted only by Steel,Electric and Rock-types,which can be hit hard enough by Heatwave.In this way he has the ability to always OHKO Infernape,Breloom,Roserade with the former move(Machamp takes a damage between 97-100%) and to OHKO Scizor,Forrestress,Lucario and Magnezone with the latter one.The other Steel-Types in OU(Jirachi,Metagross,Skarmory and Bronzong,except for Empoleon) are 2OHKOed nearly always in their common sets,especially with Stealth-Rock support(Skarmory in particular takes a damage between 96-100% with no Sp.Def evs).Now you have to choose if you prefer to hit hard Dragon-Types(OHKOing Salamence and Flygon with their common set and Dragonite max Hp with SR factor) or enemies like Tyranitar and especially Heatran which are virtually immune to all of your attacks.Remember that the classic ScarTran is always OHKOed by Hidden Power Ground,instead Max Hp/0 Sp.Def Tyranitar under the sandstorm and Max Hp/0 Sp.Def Empoleon takes a maximum damage respectively of 33% and 53%.Hidden Power Electric could be run if you're worried about Gyrados and Vaporeon,however it's generally less useful.U-Turn finally allow you to scout for Pidgeot counters and it's an escape from Pursuit-User.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Why would you use that set in OU, when you can have Togekiss there? Kiss has way better defensive stats, an arguably better ability, access to trick and with a timid nature and the same EV spread achieves 284 Spe \ 339 SpA while your Pidgeot stops at 281 Spe \ 262 SpA.

That set can, at best, work in NU. But even there I'd probably use Chatot (with its base 92 SpA \ 91 Spe).

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SpD
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)

- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

The following set could work in UU and OU. However, to be usful in OU scene Heal Bell, and Wish support would help. Heal Bell because Toxic Spikes, Wish because I doubt Kabutops will get in safely at all, only after something gets KOed.

In UU, Spinning 'Tops get competation in the form of Donphan. But I guess 'Tops could be of use on a RD team, however who would want a 'Tops to spin instead of setting up beats me. But it could be useful in that form.

Hello

Since the rise of an anti-lead dragonite and infernape leads, roserade get's a harder time of being a reliable lead. So I tried to do something about that. Since most leads carry fire-moves (azelf, heatran, infernape) or a lum berry (dragonite) I needed something that could take them both on.

Name: New Lead-rade (Roserade)
Item: Occa Berry
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 SAtk, 6 HP
--> If still testing different EV's spreads so that Roserade could survive a lead-tran fire blast while still be able to KO Swampert and Hippowdon)

- Grass Knot
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power (ice)

--> Acts the same as the normal lead roserade but followed up to the new leads (like dragonite). HP ice is a OHKO on Dragonite, and since this way you are faster then other Roserades you can put them to sleep first and you don't need to relay on winning the speed tie. Hidden power ice is also a 2HKO on leads.

With occa berry, roserade could survive a lead-ape fake out / flamethrower (like I said before I'm trying to change the EV's spreading to even survive a fire blast). and put them to sleep.

Leads that could cause this roserade some trouble is Metagross with lum berry. That's why it's recommended to pair this one up with Heatran (be carefull for earthquake though).

The next one is one I saw on youtube used by NBZ. While it didn't do as good at shoddy it works better on wifi.

Name: CM-ape (Infernape)
Item: leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 SAtk

- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
- Focus Blast, ""

--> while nasty plot is also an option on infernape because his defenses kind of sucks, calm mind still is an option. If you can set up CM-ape while be stronger the NP-ape. the HP EV's makes ape extra bulky so that after 2 CM's surf will barelly do half (comming from the likes of leftovers vaporeon and the likes). So that you can set up even on water types. After a nasty plot a focus blast will not KO a full health Vaporeon and ape will be killed from surf. With Calm mind you can seet up and still come out the winner.

Let me know what you think!

The next one is one I saw on youtube used by NBZ. While it didn't do as good at shoddy it works better on wifi.

Name: CM-ape (Infernape)
Item: leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 SAtk

- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
- Focus Blast, ""

--> while nasty plot is also an option on infernape because his defenses kind of sucks, calm mind still is an option. If you can set up CM-ape while be stronger the NP-ape. the HP EV's makes ape extra bulky so that after 2 CM's surf will barelly do half (comming from the likes of leftovers vaporeon and the likes). So that you can set up even on water types. After a nasty plot a focus blast will not KO a full health Vaporeon and ape will be killed from surf. With Calm mind you can seet up and still come out the winner.

Let me know what you think!
There are many better Calm Minders that Infernape. Some problems I see with this are that even after a CM, Infernape's poor defenses still make it vulnerable to Special moves. Calm Mind also does nothing to help with Infernape's weaknesses to Physical moves. This Infernape also has only two attacking moves, so it is completely walled by the most common Infernape counter of all, Latias. Focus Blast's accuracy will make it work even less well. This Infernape doesn't even have much power because it only gets one SAtk boost per CM and doesn't have a boosting item.

If you want a fast Calm Mind user, use Raikou. Raikou has much better defenses than Infernape, better type coverage with Thunderbolt and HP Ice, and more Speed. Raikou can also beat Blissey with its SubCM set, something this Infernape wishes it could do if its opponent figures out that it's all Special. Overall, Raikou is the better choice for a fast CMer.

cmape worked in dp, when vaporeon and tentacruel were the accepted ape counters. now, the much more common latias is the preferred initial switchin, and it can dent ape before he gets the necessary calm minds in (due to higher speeds) or, if it carries the move, calm mind along with ape and then kill it and leave you dealing with a very strong latias

There are many better Calm Minders that Infernape. Some problems I see with this are that even after a CM, Infernape's poor defenses still make it vulnerable to Special moves. Calm Mind also does nothing to help with Infernape's weaknesses to Physical moves. This Infernape also has only two attacking moves, so it is completely walled by the most common Infernape counter of all, Latias. Focus Blast's accuracy will make it work even less well. This Infernape doesn't even have much power because it only gets one SAtk boost per CM and doesn't have a boosting item.

If you want a fast Calm Mind user, use Raikou. Raikou has much better defenses than Infernape, better type coverage with Thunderbolt and HP Ice, and more Speed. Raikou can also beat Blissey with its SubCM set, something this Infernape wishes it could do if its opponent figures out that it's all Special. Overall, Raikou is the better choice for a fast CMer.
I fail to see how CM Raikou beats Blissey while CM Infernape does not... Infernape resists Ice Beam/Flamethrower, and Seismic Toss beats both of them.

Scizor

Super Bulk

Move 1: Bug Bite
Move 2: Bullet Punch
Move 3: Light Screen
Move 4: Roost
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: Ordered HP 22/Atk 76/Def 244/Spe 168

this set is pretty beast.
i got the idea off of the bulky uber set, and messed with it a bit.
you switch in and try to bluff CB if they dont have rocks or spikes up and then light screen on th switch. bullet punch is for obvious reasons. i was originally going to run with u-turn on this set, but i decided bug bite since you get a technician boost, making it more powerful than u-turn!

the EVs give it 315 Atk plus a Def stat of 296.
this set has an extreme amount of bulk, while still being able to hit back hard

Scizor

Super Bulk

Move 1: Bug Bite
Move 2: Bullet Punch
Move 3: Light Screen
Move 4: Roost
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: Ordered HP 22/Atk 76/Def 244/Spe 168

this set is pretty beast.
i got the idea off of the bulky uber set, and messed with it a bit.
you switch in and try to bluff CB if they dont have rocks or spikes up and then light screen on th switch. bullet punch is for obvious reasons. i was originally going to run with u-turn on this set, but i decided bug bite since you get a technician boost, making it more powerful than u-turn!

the EVs give it 315 Atk plus a Def stat of 296.
this set has an extreme amount of bulk, while still being able to hit back hard
U-turn should at least deserve a slash. It is incredibly useful against things like Swampert, who you can set up a Light Screen on then U-turn out. Mind explaining what those EVs do? Does 315 Attack guarantee a 2HKO with Bullet Punch on something? Does 296 defense allow you to survive "x" attack?

U-turn should at least deserve a slash. It is incredibly useful against things like Swampert, who you can set up a Light Screen on then U-turn out. Mind explaining what those EVs do? Does 315 Attack guarantee a 2HKO with Bullet Punch on something? Does 296 defense allow you to survive "x" attack?
true...i should have at least left the option for u-turn
the def evs let scizor live a choice band stab close combat from a timid primape with 309 Atk.iit also allows it to live a +2 EQ from a max atk ursaring. the Def also lets scizor survive a +4 mach punch stab mach punch from a max atk breloom and the atk stats let it 2hko breloom with bug bite.
i also should have pointed out that brick break can be used over light screen...but i still think light screen should be used over it

haunter

Banned deucer.
Ursaring and Primape are non existant in OU. And Scizor is not exactly supposed to switch into Breloom. You should add relevant damage calculations such as, offenisvely, bullet punch against Latias\Salamence (which Scizor does an excellent job at revenge killing) and, defensively, Rotom's thunderbolt or random water attacks from the likes of Suicune or Vaporeon, Latias' surf or dragon pulse and so on. Also yeah, seems that u-turn is a way better choice than bug bite as it allows you to set up the screen and then switch out while still inflicting serious damage to the opponent.

@Fenix54: you're supposed to explain how the set you're posting works, the EV spread and so on. Repost only when you have some actual words to add to the set or next time you'll be infracted.

Revenge killer / Attempt to sweep
w/ Charge Beam

Azelf @ Expert Belt / Life Orb / Leftovers

32 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe (*)
Timid - Levitate

<Psychic>
<Flamethrower>
<Grass Knot / HP Fighting>
<Charge Beam>
(*) When you decide to use HP Fighting, put 4 Def-EVs into Spe

Azelf is rarely seen outside the lead postition, but with it's fantastic special move pool, speed and special attack Azelf is also a great special threat and can sweep with Nasty Plot and Calm Mind. But Azelf has also it's disadvantages - it's frail and weak to Pursuit and Blissey and Snorlax are still common.

This set attempts to revenge kill (and luring) in midgame play, while still being able to sweep late after your counters are gone, considering you are still alive until late game. This is accomplished by Charge Beam, but I'll explain it later.

Maybe you noticed, but the moves are the same as the one in Smogon's NP-set, beside Charge Beam replacing Nasty Plot. Psychic is for STAB, Flamethrower and Grass Knot / HP Fighting for coverage. Btw. you can run other moves for coverage, Azelf has access to Ice Beam, Shadow Ball and other HP (like Ground) as example, if you want to get walled by other Pokémon (maybe you noticed, but Latias resists all moves in this set).
Charge Beam is the move that makes this different from other Azelf sets, but I'll explain it now

Charge Beam is the big difference in this moveset. It's a weak special electric move with 50 base power, which has a 70% chance to increase your special attack by one level, while it has a 10% chance to miss. So, Charge Beam has a 63% chance to increase your SpA, when you also considering the miss rate. While you usually see Charge Beam on tanks like Cresselia and Rotom-A along with Substitute, Charge Beam is used offensively on Azelf.

Don't imagine to set up on something with Charge Beam and then sweep. Imagine this situation:
You use Azelf to revenge kill a MixMence, after it killed one of your Pokemon. It's at low health and SR is up, so when it switches out, it won't be able to switch in again, because it will be killed (SR). Instead of using Psychic to revenge kill Mence, you're using Charge Beam to kill Mence. Now, when you're lucky, your special attack has risen and you can attempt to sweep your enemy's team, when your counters are dead. These situations aren't rare, they happen very often, you can also use Charge Beam, when you're expecting a switch.

You can use many items for this set. Expert Belt is my favorite one option. This set has four special attack with a decent coverage and you can expect to see SE hits very often. Also it's fantastic to fake Scarf/Specs until late game and you can catch many Pokémon by surprise. LO is nice, because of the additional power, but don't expect to live long and it will really kill itself. Leftovers is for more durability.

The EVs are a little bit different. Timid Azelf with 216 Spe will outrun non-scarf'd Pokémon with 110 base speed, most notably Latias and Gengar. When you still want to speed tie with other Pokémon with 115 base speed, like Starmie, other Azelf, Ambipom and Raikou, and scarf'd Pokémon with 60 base speed like Magnezone, you can put the defensive EVs into speed. The defensive EVs are for some extra bulk, so Weavile's Pursuit won't KO you and I have the feeling that I can take Scizor's BP waaaay better.

To answer some questions, that will come up:

Nasty Plot / Calm Mind > Charge Beam! - In my opinion you need screen support for setting up NP/CM, because you won't find situations where you can set up. Walls will cripple you and even deal heavy damage to you and you rarely find something locked into EQ. This set also won't easily get CB, but you somehow can sneak to get some CB by revenge killing and force switches, by faking a Scarf/Specs. Also, this set is meant to revenge kill, while still being capable of sweeping in late game.

Thunderbolt > Charge Beam! - Charge Beam is not for coverage or dealing heavy damage. Thunderbolt is generally a bad move on Azelf. I don't think I need to explain this.

Blissey > You! - Yes, this is true, but look at the partners section below.

Alakazam > Azelf - No.

Now, I want to show you a very good partner: Tyranitar.
This set has actually no chance to beat Blissey and you need some CB boosts to get rid of Snorlax, which won't happen. Also, Latias resists all move in this set and with Latias' good SpDef it can easily tank Azelf. Azelf is weak to Pursuit and yeah, that's awful. Also, Azelf is frail and doesn't resist Priority. (CB)-Tyranitar can easily deal with Latias and weaken Blissey with Pursuit, so Azelf can beat it, when it switches again into Azelf. Though, you need a way to deal with priority.

Btw. sry for my bad grammar and this big wall of text. I tried this set and it really works well and I'm beggining to like it. NP Azelf was always a disappointment to me, because of how easy it's stopped, even after the main threats are gone. This set gives me the feeling that Azelf is more usefull even outside the lead position.

-0²

EDIT: Obviously SR is needed to give this set a lot of potenital, Spikes are also a fine choice to use.

Was just discussing this with my buddy on aim. Going to test this set tomorrow but if anyone is willing to test it go ahead:

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/68 Atk/52 SAtk/136 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Grass Knot

This was supposed to act as a Latias Trapper, as with these EVs and Expert Belt you can switch in to even Specs Latias and Pursuit it for a min of 75%. Bulkier varients may try to stay in if u pursuit, so just follow up with MM + BP. Other than that, Metagross is just a strong General attacker, and Grass Knot was because I need a good Swampert Lure also. With these EVs you do 93% min to Swampert with Grass Knot thanks to Expert Belt. If you don't care for Grass Knot killing pert, just use Earthquake in the final slot and dumb the special attack EVs into Attack, and just use Leftovers and an Adamant nature for general tank Metagross.

More Metagross

I recently came up with a Metagross set that is a variant on the Smogon Agiligross. I've tested it and it works quite effectively against faster Pokemon while being difficult to revenge kill.

Metagross (Clear Body) @ expert belt/leftovers/?
Jolly, 60hp, 252atk, 196 spd
-Agility
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

The first seemingly odd thing are the EVs and nature. I wanted a fast Agiligross which could outrun +1 +ve nature B100s after Agility, which could be achieved with a Jolly nature and the 196 speed EVs. This would make Metagross much more difficult to revenge kill, as the most threatening Earthquakes and Fire attacks come under that level. Scarfed Flygons, Heatrans and Jirachis are all outsped and KO'd, and faster pokemon such as Scarfed Latias and Gengars struggle to KO due to Metagross's naturally high bulk.

The next thing is the moveset. Agility is a given, along with Earthquake. But both punches? Well, the problem I wanted to overcome was coverage, and Agility/Earthquake/Meteor Mash/(a punch) means I usually lose to the common Gyarados or dragon switchins. Gyarados is more popular than ever, and many try to switch in (attempting to Intimidate?), relishing the opportunity to set up. And without Ice Punch, being able to outspeed +1 dragons is rather pointless. As this Metagross is Jolly, it loses much of its power, so it needs Super-Effective coverage. Meteor Mash is resisted often anyway, thanks to Scizor.

Which leads me onto the weaknesses of this Gross. It seems to be able to beat many fast, strong threats with ease, but that is the problem. It lacks a lot of power against walls, especially (but not only) against the ones it can't hit Super-Effectively, such as Blissey. In addition, it hates status, as the speed or attack cut from paralysis or burn will cripple it. Another problem is that I am not sure whether it can beat things such as Choice Scarf Gengar with a non-STAB 75 Base Power elemental punch. I also have a niggling feeling that something does late game cleaning slightly better...

Despite these flaws (aren't all Pokemon sets flawed some way?) I think this set deserves at least a mention in the Smogon analysis as a possible option. If not, I will always remember this Metagross as my own unique competitively viable Pokemon (Aw).

So, I am aware this is not a perfect set yet. I think that it could be improved while retaining the main features which I aimed for. I would appreciate any suggestions about this Metagross. I would also much appreciate any comments on my post. Do I need more, less, better spelling/grammar (I hope not!), more in-depth research, pictures? This is my first try after all. :D

SD Skarm?
:D
I know it is completely out classed by Scizor and Metagross, but what ever.

Skarm@Lefites/Life Orb
252atk/252 speed / 4 hp
Jolly

Brave Bird
Swords Dance
Roost
Rock Slide

SD up, Roost off damage Pound things with a somewhat decent attack. Rock and Flying get pretty decent neutral type coverage too.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually I remember Tangerine using a Scizor set very similair to that in DP. Though I'd give:

- Light Screen
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Pursuit was used over Bullet Punch back then, but of course Bullet Punch is too important to toss aside in today's metagame.

Since it's a completely outclassed set, why use it at all?
To break apart from being a run of the mill trainer, that are only losers to themseleves for being like everyone else =P

Anyways

Treecko

252atk/252spe

Synthesis
Grasswhistle
Endeavor
Quick Attack

Focus Sash

Jolly

Kinda obvious, a better version of the F.E.A.R set.

Yess I have lol, its just a better option than the rattata version, if you can you can pull off a few synthesis's which renews focus sash, and for grasswhistle.. well its kind of a filler with a chance to do something, example is, if treecko outspeeds a pokemon, like bronzong, it can try to grass whistle, then synthesis if it succeeds.

Btw, thats nice Blasphemy, have a wonderul night =D.
Synthesis does not renew Focus Sash; the Sash is consumed when it activates. Just a note.

Yess I have lol, its just a better option than the rattata version, if you can you can pull off a few synthesis's which renews focus sash, and for grasswhistle.. well its kind of a filler with a chance to do something, example is, if treecko outspeeds a pokemon, like bronzong, it can try to grass whistle, then synthesis if it succeeds.

Btw, thats nice Blasphemy, have a wonderul night =D.
It really isn't viable. Just because it's a better option doesn't make it worth using. Pretty much every common pokemon can OHKO Treeko so I doubt he will get to use synthesis successfully anytime. Also, the whole concept of fear is very unreliable due to the abundance of ghost type pokemon and entry hazards, not to mention the occasional ss or hail.

It really isn't viable. Just because it's a better option doesn't make it worth using. Pretty much every common pokemon can OHKO Treeko so I doubt he will get to use synthesis successfully anytime.
I see your point, just a moveset though for all those rattata users, this one is recommended, or you can use grovyle for the extra speed =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)