Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Has anyone else experienced a glitch on the Eerie Staircase in Dark Moon? For some reason the trick staircases didn't activate, so I had multiple ghosts following me. When one finally activated, the gates were still closed, so I got stuck at the bottom with the ghosts perpetually laughing at me...

[youtube]7dXHzZamMx4[/youtube]

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I just got a 3DS and don't want Luigi's Mansion or Mystery Dungeon. Anyone have a spare unused PIN for either of the games so I can redeem a copy of Mario? I'll paypal you like $10 for it.

Just beat Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon last night. Thoughts about the game below (contains minor spoilers and this really isn't a game you shouldn't get spoiled):

DM is probably the best game I've played on 3DS so far, bar Kid Icarus or Mario Kart. The control scheme really works well, I got more precision here than I did from the original thanks to the autolock (thank god for that). The game is a lot less tedious than the original game due to its variety of locales and the mission structure, which really works out well. It's a very well-polished and refined experience, and some of the puzzles were tricky without being too frustrating, and without too much of the game hand-holding (E. Gadd's calls only really direct you to the rooms you should go to next, which are helpful). I LOVE the aesthetics of the game, Luigi and characters are so well-animated and filled with charm that I got the same gleeful joy as a Saturday morning cartoon. The plot even had me tugged in at points due to the mystery and even ended up using something from the first game that really had me going. The music isn't too great but I found myself whistling the main theme a lot, but I don't really remember the boss music too much, unlike the original game which had some great boss themes like Bogmire or Boolossus. Overall, this is a definite improvement over the original game, as it has more substance and polish and has set an identity for itself much much more than the original, which was really just a tech demo / system power demonstration.

tl/dr; get this game

Project x Zone has an english trailer. (sorta)

link

I'm been following this game for a while and can't wait for it. This summer is going to be awesome for the 3DS.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My God...today's Nintendo Direct:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

-The Oracle games released on the eShop in NA and Europe May 30th!
-Animal Crossing released June 9th; Animal Crossing 3DS XL available the same day.
-New Yoshi's Island on 3DS.
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy NA 2014.
-Shin Megami available July 16th.
-Bravely Default coming over.
-New Mario Party and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

And the best news of all:

-Link to the Past style 3DS Zelda game!!!!!!!

Oh, and some goodies on the Wii U part like update next week, Virtual Console next week, New Super Luigi DLC, Game and Wario June 23rd, Pikmin 3 August 4th, and Earthbound on Wii U VC by year's end.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I was disappointed that we didn't get any Ace Attorney related news. Oh well.

on the plus side, Earthbound is gonna be great, and the Oracle games are top notch, OoA was one of my favorites growing up. New Zelda looks awesome too.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My God...today's Nintendo Direct:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/04-17-2013/

-The Oracle games released on the eShop in NA and Europe May 30th!
-Animal Crossing released June 9th; Animal Crossing 3DS XL available the same day.
-New Yoshi's Island on 3DS.
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy NA 2014.
-Shin Megami available July 16th.
-Bravely Default coming over.
-New Mario Party and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

And the best news of all:

-Link to the Past style 3DS Zelda game!!!!!!!
EARTHBOUND!!!

Oh, and some goodies on the Wii U part like update next week, Virtual Console next week, New Super Luigi DLC, Game and Wario June 23rd, Pikmin 3 August 4th, and Earthbound on Wii U VC by year's end.

My body is ready

It finally happened... (referring to EB, yoshi's island 2 (yoshi's island ds never happened, sorry) and return to lttp style)
Also glad Animal Crossing comes out the day after the ACT so I have no worries about it interfering with my study schedule. I'm probably going to play that for like 2 hours every day for a month. Of the seemingly-overlooked news from this, SMT4 looks great (did anyone here get Soul Hackers yesterday? what's it like if so?) and Bravely Default was pretty hyped.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
holy mother of YES new zelda, new yoshi's island, AND bravely default is coming to america?????????????????????????????? not to mention oracle of ages/seasons dropping in 6 weeks.

YEAH!

blitzlefan

shake it off!
a brand new Zelda game? HOORAY!
wind waker, the new wii one, and now lttp2!!!
:)

I need Animal Crossing though... hurry!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
new mario&luigi looks fun as hell, they've always been some of my favorite games. Also new lttp zelda!!! thats awesome, lttp might be my favorite of the whole series..

the 3ds is going to be taking all of my money

I wonder how many people will actually buy EarthBound on the VC especially considering many people from EU/AUS would have pirated it already. Considering EarthBound is the only JRPG I unconditionally love I would buy it but I wouldn't buy a Wii U for it.

Maybe if it came out on the 3DS as well.

Also this is an absolute avalanche of games

I'm pretty sure people would still buy it, especially if it was properly localised.

I've paid for Chrono Trigger three times.

i had no intentions of getting a 3DS...but a link to the past is my favorite game ever, so im basically willing to spend $1000 to play a sequel of it.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
hey whats up time to buy a 3DS aight?

this thing sure had a excruciatingly slow start though

I think there's too many games coming out this year. It's nice to see some fresh titles but I hope we have some big ones in 2014 as well (besides Bravely Default). If Nintendo delivers with their "Wii-U will have great software soon" PR talk I wouldn't be surprised if we have a 3DS drought next year when all the Wii-U titles get released. XY, Fire Emblem, New Zelda and Luigi's Mansion would have been enough to push sales this year but now we have those on top of SMTIV, Mario & Luigi, Yoshi's Island etc.

Also I'll revamp this thread soon and add all the announced titles and stuff.

Tory

Banned deucer.
How many freaking yoshi's island games are they going to remake? What about Super Mario World? It was a much better unique game if you ask me.

How many freaking yoshi's island games are they going to remake? What about Super Mario World? It was a much better unique game if you ask me.

Due to some confusion in response to my image, my lawyer has informed me that I am legally obligated to explain the joke to anybody who did not understand what I was trying to say, like my friend Xaqwais. See, this image is not as friendly as it may seem. Infact, if you look closely, you'll see that the finger he is holding up is actually his middle finger, a sign meaning "Fuck you" in western culture. I have chosen to use this image to respond to Tory because I think he has a poor taste in video games. Hopefully this has enlightened not only Xaqwais, but any others who have been confused by my perplexing response. Thank you for your time.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gee you might as well say the Donkey Kong Country games were more innovative while you're at it.

How is every NSMB game not in some way a SMW sequel, especially with flight and Yoshi stages (don't even complain that you only can have Yoshi for one stage it's better this way now that Yoshi stages are designed specifically for the power up).

Yoshi Island and Yoshi Island 2 are really the only two titles in the series. The first was fantastic and the platforming antithesis of everything that was in the Donkey Kong games at the time. Yoshi Island 2 was good and the baby mechanics made the game not a complete repeat of the first. I'm disappointed at the lack of sprites but it still looks to have the same charm.

Yoshi Story and Yoshi Touch and Go (while the latter being a fun little arcade style game) totally don't count. Bring on more Yoshi games.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yoshi's Island was an epic game for it's time, back on the SNES. As the father of a 5 year old girl, we are most definitely going to be buying that. She was ecstatic and I was nostalgic while watching the video! Sounds like a winner.

AL2TP is going to be fantastic. The last top-down Zelda I played was the free 4 Swords game, which was tons of fun (I still can't believe it was free). Honestly, I was hoping for Twilight Princess II 3D, but I'm not in any way disappointed.

And then there's everything else. How is the PS Vita even a thing anymore? There's just so incredibly much awesomeness on the 3DS right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)