NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Response to billy's #717:

The reason I asked people to be specific in what they wanted explained is this post. You're just being lazy. I have explained all those things in detail, some many times. If you want information about items or my voting, scroll up to the top of the previous page. 641 has opinion on the lynch, as well as all the info you are going to get about the items. No you aren't getting more because you don't need it. If there is serious suspicion based on my item claims, then I am completely fine with explaining more, the problem is there isn't.
I disagree entirely that #641 contained enough information, since clearly several of us are still confused. However I will accept you do not want to talk about your role as none of us should and drop the issue. Returning to #641 though:

Furthermore I had a misread on someone and realised it shortly before the lynch,
Please clarify for us poor subs.

I'm happy you liked my post. The reason I explained my strategy about the inactive users was because picking on easy targets has been bandied about quite a bit (by you, actually, so that's consistent with your less relentless approach, and so I can't say I'm particularly bothered by it) in this game and because I want everyone to keep it in mind, incidentally. I'm curious though as to why you're happy for me to attack the idlers and not yourself, when in fact that happens to be your usual modus operandi (I don't have a village MO really except from RTMs). I can think of a few reasons but would not like to put words in your mouth.

I agree with your assessment that we should still keep pressure on them while not twisting things against them.

If you want to buddy me go for it, but don't think it will make you pass under my radar.
OK, fair enough. Frankly I don't think being buddied is anything to be scared of if you're town as long as you're smart enough to recognise it, which is why UncleSam and Blue_Tornado bother me (and if you think about it really they're quite similar as far as accusatory nature, paranoia about buddying, and defensiveness go... UncleSam's reaction to kingofkongs strikes me as quite similar to B_T's reaction to Crux).

Response to Yeti's #719: I'm interested that you suspect billymills is neutral. While I agree he is coming across as one, you're also pursuing the UncleWolf theory (and so am I to an extent). I'm not quite sure how to explain this yet but interesting definitely.

Both Yeti and billymills did a pretty good job of defending themselves (not that they were really under fire or anything) and I can't find any real issues other than what I have mentioned, but then again I would be shocked if either dropped anything that could be really used against them. Please don't keep them out of your thoughts though guys, even you newbies, since like Yeti pointed out the combined task of prodding idlers and pressing active people is a bit tough to juggle without being ADD. In fact it would kill two birds with one stone if the inactives came out of their hiding places and posted what they thought about the active users, wouldn't it?

Interesting reads too and I thank you for the input. Not you though, Crux, because you suck >:(

I would like to mention that I think the lynch candidate conversations are important at the moment in light of the impending deadline (hence my first post dealing with Cereza), and hope my posting my opinions on other users will not divert the conversation since surely we all can multitask until we have a cardflip (vote count from Spiffy would be nice too, but it's been asked for). As such I'm not 100% sure about Yeti asking everyone to post about her; we certainly do, and I accept that she needs the data for her reads, but would like to remind everyone else to keep both discussions flowing as possible. I know full well this doesn't need to be said for the active users but with the deadline coming up a lot of the game still hasn't voted or committed to anything.

MK Ultra (3) - askaninjask, Jalmont, zorbees - MK is unique in that he hasn't been subbed yet, and in fact I just saw him in this thread while I was crafting one of my last monster posts and he disappeared again despite apparent majority being on him (though it may have shifted to Cereza).
j-squared (2) - Rediamond, Blue_Tornado - Still highly suspicious of Ditto but like I said in my analysis I am happy to observe j^2 and press him a bit more to get more evidence in light of Ditto's bizarre stunt, so won't be voting him today unless he does something particularly egregious.
Quagsires (2) - Paperblade, kingofkongs - I will be so disappointed if Quagsires turns out to be what he says he is, but I can't help but find it too suspicious that he checked LEETHOOF of all people (then aska to an extent, but somewhat justified since aska was on his case), the timing of his claim, etc. Only real thing I see in his favour other than that watery AC claim is that he hasn't defended himself at all and lol that's pretty shaky. I find it oh so suspicious how he repeatedly emphasised announcer shouldn't claim in context of his actions.
billymills (1) - Snike - Snike took his vote off billy anyway, but I find billymills far less suspicious than most of the users here and am unwilling to remove his input from the game at this stage based on shaky evidence Snike has since retracted and billy refuted somewhat. Am wondering a little if billy is doing the item thing for show though.
loudkirbyking (1) - jumpluff - Like I said lkk didn't exactly clean himself in my eyes, but it was a pressure vote and I removed it according to those terms. lkk is on a similar level to all the inactives I called out except he's showing himself just a little more than the rest, so while suspicion remains he's not particularly distinctive in my eyes (possibly what he's trying to ensure).
DetroitLolCat (1) - billymills - I think this could be interesting and do not trust the Lady Lolcat train at all, but feel that the potential for yield of this lynch is outweighed by the risk. Also I think billy moved his vote back to Cereza.
Cereza (1) - Leethoof - Has a lot more votes now, I'm certainly on board with this and would be happy to move my vote to it as evidenced by my last post on Cereza as well as my comments about her in other posts. A highly revealing lynch, and I'm willing to say I would be surprised if she flipped town; the UncleSam wagon was weak at first but UncleSam just kept digging himself into a hole as far as I'm concerned.
Leethoof (1) - Empoof - This user confuses me. It is tantamount to voting an inactive in my opinion and if there's an inactive I'd want to lynch it's MK Ultra, as I'm not too sure. Leaning town so won't be voting Leethoof.

Meanwhile my vote is on Brammi since he hasn't defended himself since his rematerialisation, but if the votes get close again and I happen to be awake, I will maybe endorse my preferred lynch that actually has support since the worst possible outcome of this lynch other than like lynching certain PRs is a no lynch.

j-squared proceeds to pursue users with baseless accusations. Yawn.

kok claiming that "above-average players being silent is suspicious" is irony at its best. Even then, this kind of thought process gives you a bye from actually scumhunting. I suggest you stop doing this and start doing other things!

Crux did pretty much what I anticipated him to.

The case looks like a huge stockpile of ~anything i can find on this guy~. He is also extremely hypocritical in that he accuses me of attacking people that pursue me but all he's been doing up to now is accusing me, the only one to consistently call him out for his actions (or lack thereof).

"Virtually contentless posts" and similar, subjective points require an explanation, since as far as town knows you could be pulling this out your ass to make the case sound convincing.

This is only made worse when your only thing even resembling anothr opinion is "yeti is scummy but i won't say why because this makes me look bad". Do I even need to explain why this makes you look even worse?

@@Unvote@@
@@Vote Crux@@

j-squared, at the very least, has been trying. All I've pointed out regarding the guy is indeed scummy behavior, but there is also the possibility that he's subjective due to "Ditto is town, I am town so obviously anyone who tunneled on him is scum" which IS a derptown thing to do. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Crux has consistently produced ill-thought opinions (or, rather, opinion) and I can only see this as an attempt at coasting through the day while ~doing something~ that is entirely useless.

My read is strengthened by the fact that I seem to be the only one to take any reasonable action here. The guy is legitimately horrible, why is he getting a bye?

So many words itt...

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
WOAH OMG FUCKTON OF POSTS WHILE I WAS SLEEPING

...ahem.

zorbees addressed my suspicions of billymills fairly well, but I remain suspicious of Blue. He seems to be a bit...jumpy, if I may use the word (despite being jumpy myself NO I'M NOT MAFIA).

unvote, @@Vote Blue_Tornado@@

This isn't a pressure vote, just stating what my opinion is.

And yes, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing here.

EDIT: Personally, I don't get what the suspicion of Yeti is all about. She seems pretty pro-town to me. I, in my noobish ways, believe that she isn't scummy.

See Yeti even tho I think you're shit I can put that behind me.

EDIT: Personally, I don't get what the suspicion of Yeti is all about. She seems pretty pro-town to me. I, in my noobish ways, believe that she isn't scummy.
You need to explain this better, please. All the suspicion of Yeti with the exception of Crux's (he referenced my reads but they weren't very condemning so I'm still not sure what that was about ^^; reiterating my request for Crux to elaborate a bit on what exactly in my read was convincing about Yeti) was explained, so if you take issue with any of these explanations, please post about that.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
While I do see them as buddying, I beieve she has exhibited mostly pro-town behavior, such as promoting discussion, gathering a list of suspects, etc. Perhaps her shoving a lynch down UncleSam's/Cereza's throat is her wanting to go for the kill in whatever she targets.

I would know

Yes I am whining like a little bitch you don't need to say it

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
You raise some good points.

Sorry for not being clear. I meant billy and Yeti, referring to your post about them.

And I mean that as in if she truly believes someone is mafia, she will certainly go for that target. I see this as protown behavior, as in having a definite target. I could be wrong in this, however.

So this whole "jumpy" thing is kind of silly and I want to know what people mean by it.

If it's "the guy is jumpy, as in, reacts quickly to accusations", then an explanation of "why the reactions are scummy" is in order.

Since, I could see where people are coming from if it were the case of me being overdefensive. But seeing as my rebuttals have always been due to the accusing party's scummy behavior, I don't see it.

So far it's an unexplained accusation that's easy to pick up and abuse.

I argue that overdefensiveness is usually indicated by ill-thought defense against accusations.

My responses have yet to be proven to be ill-thought. I do not think they are ill-thought.
My responses are not "why I am not scum" but "why PERSON is scum". This is not a defense. In fact, the only thing I'd consider a defense is what I'm doing right now, but I feel as if this ill-explained accusation has been used enough times and I want to get to the bottom of it.

If you want to argue that I am overdefensive, you have to prove it. "Responding to people that accuse you" does not equal overdefensiveness.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Fair enough.

unvote, @@Vote Cereza@@

I'm too dumb to see any real 'pushing' I need to do. I still see you as scummy, perhaps because you seem to come up with all these justifications so quickly, as if you're waiting to be accused. However, I realize you're doing some protown things, so perhaps you should stick around for a while. Not like it's my decision, anyway...

Bandwagoning woo

Cereza, I constantly see you viewing this thread, then you disappear without posting anything. What are you doing? Are you just catching up on stuff you haven't read or do you really have no desire to save yourself?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Cereza, I constantly see you viewing this thread, then you disappear without posting anything. What are you doing? Are you just catching up on stuff you haven't read or do you really have no desire to save yourself?
I'm actually just reading what you guys have to say. 90% of the time you see me here I'm connected from my old phone, which allows me to browse the forums but not to post. I'm home right now tough and will try to "defend" myself, if that's even possible.

Crux

Banned deucer.
j-squared proceeds to pursue users with baseless accusations. Yawn.

kok claiming that "above-average players being silent is suspicious" is irony at its best. Even then, this kind of thought process gives you a bye from actually scumhunting. I suggest you stop doing this and start doing other things!

Crux did pretty much what I anticipated him to.

The case looks like a huge stockpile of ~anything i can find on this guy~. He is also extremely hypocritical in that he accuses me of attacking people that pursue me but all he's been doing up to now is accusing me, the only one to consistently call him out for his actions (or lack thereof).

"Virtually contentless posts" and similar, subjective points require an explanation, since as far as town knows you could be pulling this out your ass to make the case sound convincing.

This is only made worse when your only thing even resembling anothr opinion is "yeti is scummy but i won't say why because this makes me look bad". Do I even need to explain why this makes you look even worse?

@@Unvote@@
@@Vote Crux@@

j-squared, at the very least, has been trying. All I've pointed out regarding the guy is indeed scummy behavior, but there is also the possibility that he's subjective due to "Ditto is town, I am town so obviously anyone who tunneled on him is scum" which IS a derptown thing to do. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Crux has consistently produced ill-thought opinions (or, rather, opinion) and I can only see this as an attempt at coasting through the day while ~doing something~ that is entirely useless.

My read is strengthened by the fact that I seem to be the only one to take any reasonable action here. The guy is legitimately horrible, why is he getting a bye?

So many words itt...
Hahahah. Itt B_T over reacts again and does exactly what I said he would in my scum read. Jumping down my throat without actually addressing any of the arguments against him in order to draw attention away from himself. I think we have found our scum guys.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
billymills, I actually am really worried about that group of 5 (me, you, aska, paperblade, yeti). 5 experienced users who all agree with each other very often doesn't seem like it'd happen by coincidence. If one of the group has to be mafia, I'd lean paperblade. I'm finding Yeti's increased activity in promoting discussion very useful, and her logic seems to be sound. I also find a lot of billymills' logic to be sound, such as not being afraid to be buddied, and I generally find his reads to be strong. Askaninjask I feel is very likely town. If quagsires is town, aska is confirmed town, although I suppose he could be wolf with a mole role. If quagsires is mafia, i don't feel that quagsires would have "cleaned" his teammate after seeing that the bodyguard died. Quags would know that we'd get suspicious of him if he lives too long, so he'd probably think "cleaning" his teammate would be too risky of a move. I'm not really sure on this logic though, as its pretty much WIFOM based. Paperblade I feel has been sliding under the radar a bit, as compared to Yeti, billymills, and askaninjask. I think a Paperblade post dealing with the developments of the last page and a half or so could be very useful.

Additionally, I want to note that I will be less active from tomorrow until Sunday, I'll pretty much only be online at night. If anyone wants to ask me anything in particular directed solely at me, it would be nice, as I do want to contribute as much as I can, despite the drop in activity. I'll also try to do as much as I can today/tonight before my activity drops.

Hahahah. Itt B_T over reacts again and does exactly what I said he would in my scum read. Jumping down my throat without actually addressing any of the arguments against him in order to draw attention away from himself. I think we have found our scum guys.
I would like to believe that you are not blind.

Because I addressed some of your arguments and how baseless they are in that post.

And it is impossible to miss them unless you didn't read it at all. But you did read it, no? You wouldn't be accusing me otherwise...?

How exactly are you accusing ME of not addressing arguments when you completely disregard my post, all the while quoting it, with "ohhh look he's so scummy guys he's 100% scum let's get him"?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
i see.

eta:
the only thing that bothers me about US being wolf, is Cereza clearly is incompetent, and I wonder why the hosts were quite SO pressed to sub someone for Sam they went with Cereza. I'm not sure Spiffy or Walrein know enough about her to deem her fit for the role, and they could always prod more. But, then again, this does look less suspicious than hunting for a good user to replace Sam, though it risks the win a lot more.
just my thoughts - I find Sam himself suspicious enough, but the only thing that bugs me is Cereza's level of suck doesn't suit the role, unless it's a heavy decoy.
My level of suck just reached 9000:pirate: I don't see why billimiles think I could be a wolf nor why you want to lynch me so badly.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Maybe it's because your responses were essentially "yeah well clearly Crux is scum please ignore that post I don't want any attention directed at me look here is Crux the scum instead."

I'd like to think you are intelligent, but maybe you aren't. In your own words, this kind of bullshit redirection of attention "isn't gonna cut it"

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
WE NEED MOAR FRIENDSHIP

:heart::heart::heart:

...on a serious note, crux, Blue doesn't seem to be actually answering your questions, but he's not anti-town. If anything, he seems pro-town, yet scummy. Ik that sounds paradoxicallistic, but hey. He may seem scummy to me, but until I can be certain imo we should keep him around.

And Blue. You're kinda proving my point, getting overly emotional in your defenses. C'mon, man. Calm the fuck down.

Look. I may be new, but I'm a part of this game just like the rest of you, and my opinion counts, whether you pricks like it or not.

EDIT: Orly, Blue? Look at some of the previous posts, including Snike's, which states, and I quote:
Snikeypoo said:
and while I don't like Ullar's decision to bleat, general consensus with him is that he may be lacking a few brain cells.
I may have performed poorly and immaturely in the past, but I'm still a part of this.

DOUBLE EDIT: I point to irc. And the asses who dwell within. :3

I'm getting overly emotional, apparently.

No one is disregarding your opinion...

Edit: You shouldn't be discrediting yourself due to one person's opinion, you know. Not a healthy thing to do.

Votecount:
Cereza (5) - Leethoof, Empoof, Paperblade, Cereza, UllarWarlord
MK Ultra (3) - askaninjask, Jalmont, zorbees
j-squared (1) - Rediamond
Quagsires (1) - kingofkongs
loudkirbyking (1) - Snike
DetroitLolCat (1) - billymills
Snike (1) - j-squared
Brammi (1) - jumpluff
Empoof (1) - Brammi
Blue_Tornado (1) - Crux
Crux (1) - Blue_Tornado

I can not stress enough if you did not @unvote@ your previous vote, your current vote will not count.

Deadline is in about 4.5 hours. I will be updating then unless enough of you want an extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)