NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How am I being unhelpful? You asked me why I agreed with them, and I told you. I don't have any other thoughts that haven't been posted by others... Im not much of an original thinker, I admit that. Once I get home from school, I'll re-read the thread and post any thoughts I happen to have.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@PBlade: how does one post when one has nothing to say? I appreciate that this is how discussion is generated and (hopefully) scum are found, but - having never played an NOC before - I don't really know what to look for or talk about.

Obviously I don't want to rely on or use an excuse the fact that I'm a noob, but I am at least trying to be active/post etc.

@Snike the purpose of that post was so that no-one goes 'post you're inactive' :/

Infinity.Cypher
Jalmont
Metal Bagon
Rediamond

The above users have yet to post once in the timespan of 24 hours. I would warmly advise for the hosts to consider subbing out or at the very least prodding them.

I'm alive, but have had a very busy last two days. After the current projects I'm involved with end (Thursday), I will be significantly more active.

And I have a virtually useless village role, so my use is somewhat limited. If people really want me to post a PM confirming that I can do absolutely nothing, I would be willing to do so.

That's all for now.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
it is my esteemed opinion we are looking at a:

4 mafia
1 wolf OR 1 psycho-twin

game.

as all of us in the Kingdom can see by looking at our WC, "and any other threats" is mentioned. this leads me to believe that rather than include a decoy, there are truly multiple threats.

i reference: Desktop Dragons, in which "anti town threats" was used, and there was a split in the mafia - the conspirator(s) against the godfather, thus, threat(s) to the village, as the mafia entity had conflicting WCs.

Roots NOC, in which Walrein says "there may or may not be neutrals" and there was indeed a wolf.

Peace NOC outright stated there is a wolf.

also, I find it curious the OP says "The boys are taken to two separate workshops, where they" when only mention of Shigeru, the Jap boy, is made, unless the second one is the son/Harold's replacement, but then why would the prince/king be sent to a sweatshop like the dumb squinty??

my suspicion is this is either a typo from prior flavor/Walrein's compulsive urge to stroke his own shriveled, very-small stub, or this mysterious other boy is the wolf.

in any case, it is my analysis we are dealing with a 4 mafia, 1 wolf situation, and thus we should be on the lookout for someone who seems to be on their own and tries very hard to seem village (the wolf) and certain buddy-buddiers. also, anyone who was vehemently against confirmed mafia, moreso than would be normal in their criticisms, as they could be trying to distance themself VERY greatly in case one is lynched, making the other seem very clean for their suspicions.

or, we could have a twin situation, and the death of the twin will result in: psycho up in this, in which case i postulate 5 mafia, 0 wolf, 1 probable eventual psycho.

these are my thoughts, please analyze them for scumtells.

I'm alive, but have had a very busy last two days. After the current projects I'm involved with end (Thursday), I will be significantly more active.

And I have a virtually useless village role, so my use is somewhat limited. If people really want me to post a PM confirming that I can do absolutely nothing, I would be willing to do so.

That's all for now.
Hi. We're not worried about your activity because of your possible role, but because of how we'll have no way to discuss your allegiance if you don't post! Also, don't pubclaim when it is not needed, please.
these are my thoughts
Nice thoughts. Who would you lynch at the moment?

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Right now I'm finding someone like billymills or zorbees much more suspicious than UncleSam. The argument of "let's lynch our best contributor" doesn't make too much sense to me. While we will have more info in the event that he is lynched just because he's posted opinions on so many people, we have to take into account that he is an experienced player who, if he was mafia, would try his best to make it look like he was calling out his mafia buds as often as villagers. We wouldn't get as much information as you guys presume, and we risk the loss of an active villager.

For people like BT who use this lingo: official askaninjask FoS being directed at billymills for jumping on the UncleSam bandwagon.

For now I'm (somewhat) satisfied with what Snike as done defending himself. However, I feel that total evaluations of all the players A.) never actually work out and B.) are actually quite useless in the end, as there's no reason for a mafioso not to call out his or her teammates. The reason why votes and bandwagons work better than these total evaluations is that the votes have the threat of lynch behind them.

As for what I will now do with my vote, I think I'll change it to @@vote Crux@@. I'm not going to let you get away with posting just that on Day 1. The troll may be a bad lynch target, but we can't have that be considered a "real" post.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of Day 1. There is apparently no deadline to today, so we should probably just pick someone reasonable and lynch him. We don't gain too much by having a week long first day. The real game starts on the second.

Infinity.Cypher
Jalmont
Metal Bagon
Rediamond

The above users have yet to post once in the timespan of 24 hours. I would warmly advise for the hosts to consider subbing out or at the very least prodding them.
I dunno about you, but I think Jalmont's posted once:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4087043&postcount=32

Maybe you're talking about Lady Salamence?

@Ultra: OK.

@Coronis: What I meant by why is that you put the parts where you agree with other players in your own words. For example: I agree with <PLAYERNAMEHERE> on the Snike lynch because like <GENDER PRONOUN>, because he's an uncivilized ingrate who enjoys being MAJORA'S MASKIAN.

@Yeti: I like not fair terms and a villain's mind. What the devil is a psycho twin? Is it like a wolf variant?

Yeti

dark saturday
I am a bit suspicious of user: billymills' less-forceful approach to this game, however, I give the benefit of "he was prob sleeping and busy irl" to his case. In addition, his knowledge that there are numerous previous-NOC players who have seen his style as villager in this game would mean I find it highly questionable, if he was mafia, he would intentionally let his gameplay style change, and become an obvious sign of suspicion.

Rather he is prob just busy and sitting back letting US boss everyone into posting everything.

At this point, my suspicions on UncleSam are still quite strong, with his tl;dr posts to throw people off and make him seem entirely in line with his usual style, but, I am not sure I would lynch anyone quite yet - as most of you know I am more inclined to no lynch than suggest a wrong target myself, but if someone scummy pops up I feel is likely to be bad, I would make the vote.

Currently, I would like to see those who have not posted post, before I make any definitive personal targets, and how those who have posted respond to those contributions.

This is NOC; you pursue what turn out to be wrong targets 80% of the time. Votes are the best means of analyzing interactions between players. By not voting, you're making our job more difficult than it should be.

On that note, the following users have been active enough to show such strong stance (read: vote) and are requested to do so:

Coronis
Crux
Ditto
Leethoof
MK Ultra
nEsp
Quagsires
Yeti

Quite the list! I recommend getting right to it.

Hi.

I'd like to begin by clearing up my first post. I thought that NOC Mafia had a dayline, but and thought that sacrificing my useless mind for an extra X hours of discussion would be for the good of the village. However, from what I understand, the day ends when a majority is reached. So, that was just me being noob and dumb.

Now, I will exhibit my opinions on players after this question is answered.
Is the mafia allowed to have outside communication with eachother?

Looking at that votecount is horrible. Can we get someone to L-2 or L-1. We need some pressure because votes spread out as much as they are now is not going to help. I have alot of things to respond to and I just woke up. I'll work my way through and give responses to people in a few hours.

Yeti

dark saturday
Is the mafia allowed to have outside communication with eachother?
At some point, yes.

They are always allowed to communicate at night, to coordinate their actions. Whether they can talk during the day or not, and through what medium, is unknown.

So the mafia can talk, I.. don't even know in what circumstance they WOULDN'T be able to talk, and they will for sure know each other; it seems bizarre to think that a faction like the mafia in NOC could operate without knowing each other, as only the godfather could kill, and then ???? just what's the point.

But I don't know at what point itg they can.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
OK BT.

I'll start by doing: @@Vote Metal_Bagon@@

First post.
Then post more.

Edit: just seen Brammi's post and I agree with it (in terms of putting pressure on people, though I think we also need to get inactives to speak up.

I don't feel authorised/confident enough to vote for anyone active :/

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I disagree with getting to L-2 or L-1 right now since there's no real target to get to this benchmark. As evidenced by the vote count, everyone (that has voted) has their own opinions. All this will do is welcome bandwagoners, many of whom will probably be noob town.

OK, well I may not be able to provide the most insightful of discussion, but I can (somewhat tentatively) clean Uncle Sam. I have been persuaded (by the night role) to vote for him. As far as I can tell, that is a mafia role, and why would they help lynch one of their own? However, I could be wrong and persuader might be village role, so ignore this in that case.

However, I must:

@@Vote Uncle Sam@@

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When one twin gets killed, the other turns against the village, as I understand it. However their allegiance may depend on who they are killed by.

UncleSam

Leading this village
zorbees said:
I never said you were acting in the town's best interests. In fact, I would flat out say you are against it, as you are repeatedly discussing the same things over again. I in general hate your playstyle in NOC because you tend to make everything focus on yourself which is pretty bad imo. Also note that billy decided to follow me, and that I have not buddied billymills whatsoever. (inb4 lol nice distancing technique)
I noted that billymills followed you, but my complaint was that you did not respond to it in any way or call him out on it. And what I meant was that your reasoning for lynching me is that "he has established connections between himself and just about every other player, and therefore we gain the most information by mislynching him". However, it seems to me that that implies that I am playing the most pro-Town, because in the event of my death I am ensuring the Kingdom gets a boatload of information. Your own reasoning for lynching me supports this point.

zorbees said:
I already said that I'm not usually insanely active in NOC, and to add to the fact, I subbed out of both EXPERTS and Underground do to irl issues. I'm available a fairly decent amount but I can't be assed to focus 100% on mafia, let alone two or three mafias.
I didn't realize you subbed out of other mafia games, but in my experience you tend to be fairly active in NOC. At least active enough to provide more opinions on players than you have thus far. That being said, I sympathize fully with your sentiments concerning real life.

zorbees said:
I never said posting a read on every single player in the game was a good thing. Posting relevant reads, or reads that go against common opinion, is important.
What you said was that lynching me would give the most information because I had the most connections with other players, and posting reads does precisely that.

zorbees said:
My usual NOC strategy isn't to draw everyone into the discussion. It is to discuss various different topics from various points of view rather than hitting the same topic over and over until people decide one way or the other. I don't really like inactives, but even voting people sometimes doesn't make them more active. Rediamond has a few votes and still hasn't posted in response, for example. I didn't call billymills for bandwagoning because I generally believe billymills will vote however he wants regardless of anyone's opinion on him. If he feels an UncleSam vote is the best course of action, he will vote you.
I don't understand this train of thought for not calling billymills out; he followed a vote of yours almost immediately essentially saying "I don't really think Sam has done anything suspicious but I agree with zorbees" and you didn't find that at least a tad suspicious?

Blue_Tornado said:
Also, no, posting every opinion you have on every player is not advisable as it only makes posts less focused/harder to read and slows town down. The only thing town is interested in is your scum reads and your explanation for them. Giving lists of who you think is most townie only gives scum a better pool of 'these players will probably not get lynched' to NK from.
You know what happens when you only post scum reads? The scum don't have to give any opinion on their teammates half the time. The sooner we get everyone in the game to have to post opinions that they will have to defend and stick to, the sooner we won't have to deal with the type of shit Coronis is slinging right now.

Coronis said:
In answer to your question about why I agree with them, it is because I have followed a similar thought pattern to them, and come to the same conclusion.
This is beyond useless for the town. Supply your own thoughts on players, please. If you agree with me or others, say what PRECISELY it was that I said that you so ardently agree with.

Kaxtar said:
Sorry for not posting before. Exams suck. However, it has been like 20 hours since Day 1 started, so not posting before now is not inexcusable.

Lots of stuff going on, so this is just my initial reads on the most active or prolific players:

Ditto: I like the logic and the discussion he's trying to promote. Keep it up becuase it helps the village one way or another.
UncleSam: Very zealous in getting people to post. While discussion is good ofc, he's hasty to accuse people. Not too sure what this means, so let's give him (and everyone else for that matter) more time.
Billymills: That bandwagon on the UncleSam lynch is a tad shady. We need discussion atm, not lynches on active players. Also, get more active. Though this applies to everyone, you have more potential than most of the rest of the players, and your insight is highly valued.
Zorbees: Seems a bit off to me. Why he would call me out for not posting with a lynch vote and then say "I'm never too active and posty in noc games (Post 100)" seems hypocritical. If you're willing to vote people in order to get them to talk, you sure as hell should contribute yourself.
Blue Tornado: He's trying to keep up from making a hasty lynch while also asking people to post only relevant information to keep village on track. Sure, he's defensive, but that's not a bad sign. Overall, I'm getting a good vibe from him.
Snike: I like the reads. Good, somewhat unique opinions. Keep them coming.
TalkingLion: I don't like how your reads are so indecisive and how you seem to throwing your support behind UncleSam. Give us more solid opinions to work with, please. Bad initial feeling will be hard to shake, though.
Aska: Good post, post more. This also applies MK, Yeti, Paperblade, leethoof, etc.
Brammi: Give us something real to go off of instead of choppy reads and basic or irrelevant logic, please.
100 other inactive users: post scum reads please.

I don't have any conclusive opinions on people yet, primarily becuase there are various ways to go about being both village or mafia in NOC. For example, being inactive could be good strategy for mafiaso becuase it prevents you form tangling yourself up in your own words. On the other hand, a village might want to keep quiet if he has nothing to add or wants to let more competent people lead village discussion. Same goes for doggedly attacking people; it could be village trying to lynch or mafia trying to derail the village. Bottom line, don't take activity or lack there of as a sign of scum. Let's just get a lynch going today and let actions speak louder than words. However, if you all want a top three scum list, I'd go with TalkingLion, Brammi, and Zorbees/Billy for the moment.

Everyone else, keep posting scum reads. TBH most other stuff is subjective, inconclusive and only serves to engage people in personal attack wars.
There you are! Definitely agree with you on TalkingLion, don't agree with you so much on Ditto. Question for you: What logic/posts of Ditto's are you referring to?
Quagsires said:
What is it with Unclesam and big posts? Terse is good, B_T was right about that. Hey, let's give the mafias what everyone thinks about everyone! Then they can kill whom we trust while they search for the inspect (wolf as well)!

I do not want a claim because quite simply the announcer is admitting to not having another role if they out themselves, meaning they are not the inspect, bg, or really anyone else worthy of a nightkill IF they are village. If they're mafia, then they'd do so to gain our trust. See: above.

Good point on Zorbees, though Snype can be somewhat discounted after their is a clear problem seen. If you're taking past games into account though, then you've already explained Jalmont and Brammi's posts (see: limited Smogon experience [not mafiascum] for Brammi as well as the occasional failure to sarcasm, Jalmont being the last villager lynch in Roots). I've said before that it is best for us to downplay experience unless it differs from the past, which I have seen no difference for Jalmont so far (unfortunately). Zorbees could fall into here as well, Unclesam I believe falls just outside due to being MORE aggressive than usual in a time where he continually stresses he does not have enough time to play mafia.

The only difference I can say for sure was a good point on billymills, but its only been 24 hours and he has said little.

And Leethoof, newer players, everyone not posting. I don't care if you're bad, speak up and talk as well (though not as much as Unclesam, that's ridiculous). Share your thoughts. We care, and they'll help you get better if they're discussed.
Uh Quagsires maybe it's been a while but you should know that it is basically impossible to be more aggressive than I am when I am a villager. The reason for this is that villages win games if they get out to a strong start, whereas a relatively apathetic start tends to favor the mafia. I post tl;drs because I am trying to stimulate as much discussion as I possibly can, and you can't address every point in short posts. Besides, people expect it at this point, which is why, for example, you see posts like:
zorbees said:
Just putting this out there, but UncleSam is not prodding the less experienced users who have been inactive (Kaxtar, Infinity.Cypher, Metal Bagon, Rediamond, etc). Care to explain?
Now, I was planning on getting to the inactives once I forced an answer/activity out of Snype/Snike, but I apparently wasn't quick enough to it and one of the few things I hadn't addressed yet was actually brought up as a point against me.

zorbees said:
Found this line a bit suspicious. Made it seem like he was saying "think about lynching Yeti if Snype is mafia, but if Yeti is village, don't blame me." I don't even think Snype's "buddying" was very strong, and Yeti could very easily be villager if Snype/Snike is mafia.

However, I will Vote Crux for the moment. His only contributions were troll posts on page 3, when actual discussion was going on. He's probably sleeping atm due to Australia being dumb, but when he gets up I'd like to see a relevant post.

EDIT: @Kaxtar: there is a difference between not posting at all and posting a bit but not incredibly active like UncleSam. When I was talking about myself, I was saying that while I am trying to contribute, I'm not going to post as often as some would hope, due to IRL issues and due to my usual NOC playstyle. I hope I made myself clear in the difference.
I have to say, I agree with just about everything in this post, and in fact I really didn't see any evidence of Yeti/Snype buddying at all (even less than you did) early on. If anything, I think Yeti/Ditto have been buddying, not Yeti/Snype.

Of course, it's possible I just missed something; was there a specific post you were thinking about?

Paperblade said:
zorbees seems to be jumping around due to RVS, although at this point we have been kind of dragged out of this and votes should have a tad more reasoning than "You would be a good mislynch." I'm just not sure what to think of him.

Crux and MK Ultra and probably Coronis and kok also need to make quality posts imo.

TL seems to be avoiding stepping on anyone's toes or committing to an opinion, which makes me not like him very much.

Quote:
Because right now I am the one driving the discussion while all you (and Paperblade and Brammi) are doing is focusing on one person and spouting random generalities about crookedness while completely ignoring everyone else in the thread (seriously, you found NO other posts in the thread of note other than mine? You expect me to believe that?).
buh wuh? I'm pretty sure I said that people just talking about setup (coughditto) were wasting time and I don't like that either. Unfortunately, I can only vote one person at a time, and you are most suspicious, especially since your "I was just promoting discussion" feels like backpedaling. However in light of TL's odd post and in the interest of discussion, I will be changing my vote to lynch TalkingLion

also people not posting should stop that, this includes people whose most recent posts are on like page 1 (quagsires)

Also also I second the motion to make it easier to search for votes, ## or @@ or something

edit: and quagsires ninjas me...
I am not backpedaling in the least, this entire time I have been adhering to one simple strategy: get as much information about who could possibly be allied with who on the table as quickly as possible. If there was a point at which I was not doing this and you feel like I am only now saying that that was what I was doing, feel free to point it out.

Also, I found TalkingLion's post odd as well, for reference I'll quote his post here:
TalkingLion said:
Ok, sorry for not responding earlier, I had to go out. Anyway, here are my thoughts on the following people:

UncleSam: He is one of the more vocal posters, could be a mafian trying to blend in but I think he is most likely a villager.

Blue_Tornado: A little defensive with his posts, I think that he is probably scum, but he could just not want the village to mislynch at this point.

Paperblade: I think he's being wrongly accused really. Just because he randonly voted for someone at this early in the game does not mean he is scum, but there is a possibility of that being true.

Brammi: Don't have much of an opinion on him to be honest, I have a hunch that he is village though as he is trying to evaluate everyone.

billymills: I am pretty sure that he is village. If he was scum, then I don't think he would have much of a problem with B_T defending him, as it can help get attention away from him.

Yeti: Not really sure about her at the moment.

Ditto: He seems like he is trying to get the village organized quickly, which I support so that we don't mislynch too much early on.

zorbees: He lynches people too quickly to be honest, without providing much justification. Could be scum, but could also be village trying to get people to talk more.

And seeing that we are trying to lynch the inactive players to get them to talk, I will lynch Kaxtar for now, to get him to talk, but this goes to all of the other idlers in this game as well. LISTEN TO UNCLESAM AND POST!
What I dislike about this post is really, really simple: he is buddying me, pretty blatantly, and I find that really suspicious. I expect an explanation for this or my vote will change to you in the near future.

MK Ultra said:
@PBlade: how does one post when one has nothing to say? I appreciate that this is how discussion is generated and (hopefully) scum are found, but - having never played an NOC before - I don't really know what to look for or talk about.

Obviously I don't want to rely on or use an excuse the fact that I'm a noob, but I am at least trying to be active/post etc.

@Snike the purpose of that post was so that no-one goes 'post you're inactive' :/
Post you're inactive.

Seriously though, I want WAY more input than this. Who do you find suspicious? Who do you think is trustworthy? Should we lynch an inactive or someone scummy today?
Rediamond said:

That's all for now.
Please do not claim roles; the only reason I asked the announcer to step up in the beginning was because I couldn't care less if we lose the announcer in order to promote discussion.

Please post opinions on players whenever you get back, particularly posting who you think is suspicious.

Yeti said:
it is my esteemed opinion we are looking at a:

4 mafia
1 wolf OR 1 psycho-twin

game.

as all of us in the Kingdom can see by looking at our WC, "and any other threats" is mentioned. this leads me to believe that rather than include a decoy, there are truly multiple threats.

i reference: Desktop Dragons, in which "anti town threats" was used, and there was a split in the mafia - the conspirator(s) against the godfather, thus, threat(s) to the village, as the mafia entity had conflicting WCs.

Roots NOC, in which Walrein says "there may or may not be neutrals" and there was indeed a wolf.

Peace NOC outright stated there is a wolf.

also, I find it curious the OP says "The boys are taken to two separate workshops, where they" when only mention of Shigeru, the Jap boy, is made, unless the second one is the son/Harold's replacement, but then why would the prince/king be sent to a sweatshop like the dumb squinty??

my suspicion is this is either a typo from prior flavor/Walrein's compulsive urge to stroke his own shriveled, very-small stub, or this mysterious other boy is the wolf.

in any case, it is my analysis we are dealing with a 4 mafia, 1 wolf situation, and thus we should be on the lookout for someone who seems to be on their own and tries very hard to seem village (the wolf) and certain buddy-buddiers. also, anyone who was vehemently against confirmed mafia, moreso than would be normal in their criticisms, as they could be trying to distance themself VERY greatly in case one is lynched, making the other seem very clean for their suspicions.

or, we could have a twin situation, and the death of the twin will result in: psycho up in this, in which case i postulate 5 mafia, 0 wolf, 1 probable eventual psycho.

these are my thoughts, please analyze them for scumtells.
Most of this is simple speculation about the game format which frankly I don't find particularly interesting, but you did prompt to reading through the OP much more carefully and it seems like the second boy is meant to be the King's son. Can't be sure about that though.

askaninjask said:
Right now I'm finding someone like billymills or zorbees much more suspicious than UncleSam. The argument of "let's lynch our best contributor" doesn't make too much sense to me. While we will have more info in the event that he is lynched just because he's posted opinions on so many people, we have to take into account that he is an experienced player who, if he was mafia, would try his best to make it look like he was calling out his mafia buds as often as villagers. We wouldn't get as much information as you guys presume, and we risk the loss of an active villager.

For people like BT who use this lingo: official askaninjask FoS being directed at billymills for jumping on the UncleSam bandwagon.

For now I'm (somewhat) satisfied with what Snike as done defending himself. However, I feel that total evaluations of all the players A.) never actually work out and B.) are actually quite useless in the end, as there's no reason for a mafioso not to call out his or her teammates. The reason why votes and bandwagons work better than these total evaluations is that the votes have the threat of lynch behind them.

As for what I will now do with my vote, I think I'll change it to @@vote Crux@@. I'm not going to let you get away with posting just that on Day 1. The troll may be a bad lynch target, but we can't have that be considered a "real" post.

To be honest, I'm getting tired of Day 1. There is apparently no deadline to today, so we should probably just pick someone reasonable and lynch him. We don't gain too much by having a week long first day. The real game starts on the second.
I really like this post...up until the last paragraph. I can sympathize with an endless day being really boring, but frankly it's only been like 24 hours and you have posted what, three substantial things? Plus there are multiple people who haven't even posted yet. In my opinion, we need a fair bit more time before we can move on to Day 2 with any feeling of closure about this day.

Yeti said:
I am a bit suspicious of user: billymills' less-forceful approach to this game, however, I give the benefit of "he was prob sleeping and busy irl" to his case. In addition, his knowledge that there are numerous previous-NOC players who have seen his style as villager in this game would mean I find it highly questionable, if he was mafia, he would intentionally let his gameplay style change, and become an obvious sign of suspicion.

Rather he is prob just busy and sitting back letting US boss everyone into posting everything.

At this point, my suspicions on UncleSam are still quite strong, with his tl;dr posts to throw people off and make him seem entirely in line with his usual style, but, I am not sure I would lynch anyone quite yet - as most of you know I am more inclined to no lynch than suggest a wrong target myself, but if someone scummy pops up I feel is likely to be bad, I would make the vote.

Currently, I would like to see those who have not posted post, before I make any definitive personal targets, and how those who have posted respond to those contributions.
Sorry, why does my posting tl;drs make me suspicious? I mean basically what you just said is that I am acting like I normally do when I am a villager...and therefore you are suspicious of me. I don't quite follow this, could you clarify it for me?

<Leethoof posted something I'm not gonna quote cause Yeti answered it>

Brammi said:
Looking at that votecount is horrible. Can we get someone to L-2 or L-1. We need some pressure because votes spread out as much as they are now is not going to help. I have alot of things to respond to and I just woke up. I'll work my way through and give responses to people in a few hours.
I don't think getting to L-2 or L-1 is a good idea due to the possibility of mayors and the possibility of the mafia "accidentally" sealing majority on someone. 3-4 votes should be plenty at this point, and a few more if the person is acting particularly strangely.

Now then, my thoughts on players:
-billymills: Too many reasons to count why I am suspicious of you at this point, but they include randwagoning on me while admitting you didn't think I was acting scummy, being largely inactive for long periods of time, not pursuing your normal MO of drawing out inactives with rand votes and generally playing aggressively...ya, you have a lot of explaining to do.
-zorbees: I am on the fence about you...you made some good posts early on though you were strangely inactive (which you explained, to be fair to you), made some pretty bad posts, then came back with some better posts more recently.
-Blue_Tornado: Frankly I am fairly sure you are a villager because, like I explained above, there is no way the mafia would get into such a heated argument with me, or continue it once started.
-Yeti: She seems strangely suspicious of me for posting tl;drs, though I guess I can understand her maybe not wanting people to trust me too much...early on I was pretty sure her and Ditto were mafia when they were buddying quite a bit, but now I'm on the fence about her.
-Ditto: Just like Yeti, I thought he was mafia early on but now think he is more of a toss up. He is contributing more to the discussion than he was early on, and hasn't been buddying Yeti recently. Still, that might've just been a response to my calling them out on that, so I guess I'll just say that it's a good bet Ditto and Yeti are on the same team, whatever that team may be.
-Brammi: I thought you were pretty level headed at first, but some of your recent suggestions really jump out at me as being odd, and your attempts at buddying me don't help your case any either.
-Paperblade: Kinda in the Blue_Tornado boat, in that I don't think he is mafia simply because I doubt the mafia would single me out like he has.
-TalkingLion: Wow, at first your posts seemed pretty pro-town but your most recent one really triggered some alarm bells in my head. Like Brammi, you are trying to buddy me pretty hard and I'd like an explanation for that.
-Coronis: Post more. Seriously. We need your opinions on things and you are being supremely unhelpful.
-MK Ultra: Precisely what I said about Coronis, except with a touch of "kinda surprisingly disappointed in you" thrown in.
-askaninjask: In my opinion the most clean player at the moment, has made a few good posts and, until his little "I'm bored can we get this day over with" thing, really had only done things to promote discussion.
-Crux: Stop trolling, seriously.
-Jalmont: Wow post more dude, tell us who you are suspicious of.
-Kaxtar: I was getting fairly townish vibes from him in his ONE post, but I want to see a lot more from him before coming to any kind of a conclusion.
-kingofkongs: Have you posted recently? Flying under the radar for the most part and hasn't contributed, start posting/contributing or you'll find yourself the subject of suspicion very soon.
-Leethoof: I am STILL waiting on your explanation of that strange post. Do so, soon.
-Snike: As I have already said multiple times, I feel that he is mafia. However, he hasn't done anything suspicious since subbing in so it's possible Snype is just inexperienced.
-nEsp: I think he posted like, once? Post way more, please.
-Quagsires: I suspect you a fair bit, honestly. Haven't been very helpful at all thus far and have been largely inactive.
-Rediamond: Ya I think even you know you have to post more than that one pitiful little thing. I mean come on, it's smaller than Walrein's manhood.

I think that crux is an excellent candidate for lynch consideration in order to get him to talk, but he has enough votes on him at the moment to pressure him so i am going to @@vote for infinity.cypher@@ in the hopes he will start posting. If you do see this infinity, please respond to the following questions:
-Why have you been so inactive?
-Who do you find most suspicious thus far?
-Opinions on every player, please.

Oh, and Lady Salamence and Metal Bagon can consider this as me voting for them as well, because if infinity responds to this my vote is on one of you two next.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey everyone just noticed Leethoof's post and thought that rather than editing into that massive tl;dr up above I'd make a new post.

In my opinion this makes Leethoof significantly more suspicious. Why did he not mention this in one of his earlier posts?

Please respond to this Leethoof at the earliest possible convenience.

Oh and Leethoof in answer to your question, Persuader is almost always a mafia role.

UncleSam said:
There you are! Definitely agree with you on TalkingLion, don't agree with you so much on Ditto. Question for you: What logic/posts of Ditto's are you referring to?
Gonna take a minute and answer this. I like Ditto's logic about game design and village:mafia:wolf (if there are any) ratio (Post 84 has a good recap). These numbers, even if speculation, are food-for-thought and can help promote discussion. He's also given a clear opinion on the announcer issue (Post 104), which is nice to hear. Nothing conclusive ofc, but good to notice.

Also, for the sake of not making this thread look like shit, I suggest that we all put quoted posts and read lists in hide tags. If we don't, soon every post in this thread will look like UncleSam's posts, and god knows nobody wants that.

And here are my updated reads (I added in MK and Yeti, and added more to Snike):

Ditto: I like the logic and the discussion he's trying to promote. Keep it up becuase it helps the village one way or another.
UncleSam: Very zealous in getting people to post. While discussion is good ofc, he's hasty to accuse people. Not too sure what this means, so let's give him (and everyone else for that matter) more time.
Billymills: That bandwagon on the UncleSam lynch is a tad shady. We need discussion atm, not lynches on active players. Also, get more active. Though this applies to everyone, you have more potential than most of the rest of the players, and your insight is highly valued.
Zorbees: Seems a bit off to me. Why he would call me out for not posting with a lynch vote and then say "I'm never too active and posty in noc games (Post 100)" seems hypocritical. If you're willing to vote people in order to get them to talk, you sure as hell should contribute yourself.
Blue Tornado: He's trying to keep up from making a hasty lynch while also asking people to post only relevant information to keep village on track. Sure, he's defensive, but that's not a bad sign. Overall, I'm getting a good vibe from him.
Snike: I like the reads. Good, somewhat unique opinions. Keep them coming. Please try to explain Snype's dubious actions a bit better, please. That's the primary thing going against you atm, and it would be in everyone's best interest if you could cast away those doubts.
TalkingLion: I don't like how your reads are so indecisive and how you seem to throwing your support behind UncleSam. Give us more solid opinions to work with, please. Bad initial feeling will be hard to shake, though.
Aska: Good posts, post more. This also applies Paperblade, leethoof, etc.
Brammi: Give us something real to go off of instead of choppy reads and basic or irrelevant logic, please.
Yeti: Seems to be deflecting. In her recent posts, she has been either been answering questions about Mafia gameplay in general, posting short, comical quips or repeating things others have already said. Give us something new to work with, please.
MK_Ultra: Made a couple posts here and there, but mainly to stifle off inactivity claims. Your posts also haven't had much content, so it seems like you're only posting to satisfy our demands. IMO this is mafia-like behavior. You are a person who has in the past been extremely vocal and are also a well seasoned Mafia player. Therefore, I expect more from you in the future.
100 other inactive users: post scum reads please.

I don't think that what I am doing is really classified as buddying really. All I said about UncleSam is that he is promoting a lot of discussion, and is most likely a villager as a scum player would probably be trying to fall under the radar and not post as much. As for my indecisiveness, I honestly don't have much of an opinion on them yet, but most don't seem to be too scummy. I currently think that our most scummy people are kok and zorbees, I think some explanations would be good. Also, since we need our inactives to talk, @@lynch Metal Bagon@@ for now.

This post @ US

Mayor = Doublevoter correct?

If there was one in the game on the town side they would have claimed by now, and if they haven't they should be auto lynched tomorrow. Along with mason and VT it is one of the roles that needs to be day 1 claimed. If there is one on the mafia side, it can be found by a massclaim of the lynchwagon.

So that argument doesn't hold water.

And the 'accidental' scum hammer is easily worth it for the obvious scum that is found from it. In that scenario we turned 1 town death into 1 mafia death which is an amazing turnaround for us.

And buddying? lol, no. I just jumped on one wagon that you were on because I liked parts of your reasoning and found stuff that backed it up. I voted kok for a completely unrelated reason to you.

Oh and another thing. What is the with love affair of voting inactives? 1 good post every two days is an very acceptable post rate. Especially when we don't have a deadline. We can and should be taking at the very least a week and a half (except in certain circumstances of obv scum.) to reach a lynch. It is far far to early to be voting for lurkers, and quite honestly it is a complete cop out. And if you are only posting to vote a lurker then you are just as bad as the lurker themself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)