NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
... So people want me to post...?

I don't understand the US suspicion... He acts like that in all NOC games he plays...

Well, I don't read his posts so...!

I'll be honest, I forgot about it, as I read my results, went inactive for a day and a half, until the hosts gave me a friendly reminder. I doubt that satisfies your scrutinizing eye, but that's the reason. Now that we have one less user to worry about (US, not me), let's move on to threatlist.

UncleSam: clean as a bean (that is a clean bean)
Ditto: The whole idea of deciding how many mafia isn't really important this early imo, but it is helpful anyways.
Billymills: Sleeping is a pretty good excuse for inactivity, and the discussion he posted made up for it
Metal Bagon: Inactive when I'm fairly certain he's still active as usual in ASB, so possible scum
zorbees: Following on what Kaxtar said, the "i dont discuss much" and then "you should discuss more people" is a little contradictory
Blue Tornado: Positive discussion overall
Snike: Trying to pick up the pieces of Snype's suspicuousness, doing well

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This post @ US

Mayor = Doublevoter correct?

If there was one in the game on the town side they would have claimed by now, and if they haven't they should be auto lynched tomorrow. Along with mason and VT it is one of the roles that needs to be day 1 claimed. If there is one on the mafia side, it can be found by a massclaim of the lynchwagon.

So that argument doesn't hold water.

And the 'accidental' scum hammer is easily worth it for the obvious scum that is found from it. In that scenario we turned 1 town death into 1 mafia death which is an amazing turnaround for us.

And buddying? lol, no. I just jumped on one wagon that you were on because I liked parts of your reasoning and found stuff that backed it up. I voted kok for a completely unrelated reason to you.
Mayor should clearly claim, that way, we give the mafia a good target to aim at. Especially when we know they have a persuader? What logic leads you to the fact that the mayor should claim?

Oh and another thing. What is the with love affair of voting inactives? 1 good post every two days is an very acceptable post rate. Especially when we don't have a deadline. We can and should be taking at the very least a week and a half (except in certain circumstances of obv scum.) to reach a lynch. It is far far to early to be voting for lurkers, and quite honestly it is a complete cop out. And if you are only posting to vote a lurker then you are just as bad as the lurker themself.
1 good post every two days for a 10-day day is 5 good posts a cycle. Considering that this thread seems like it will have a few hundred posts at the end of day one, 5 posts out of a few hundred is pretty bad.

Additionally, @@Lynch Lady Salamence@@ for that terrible post above.

EDIT: unvoted

UncleSam

Leading this village
Firstly, I would like to confirm with the hosts: does "by request" mean that a user in this game actually requested it privately?

Because if that is what it means, I think that we should direct our attention towards wickdaggler and Staraptor Call, as it seems to me that only mafia teammates would request someone to be subbed out at this point.

As for other random things:
Brammi said:
Oh and another thing. What is the with love affair of voting inactives? 1 good post every two days is an very acceptable post rate. Especially when we don't have a deadline. We can and should be taking at the very least a week and a half (except in certain circumstances of obv scum.) to reach a lynch. It is far far to early to be voting for lurkers, and quite honestly it is a complete cop out. And if you are only posting to vote a lurker then you are just as bad as the lurker themself.
This post and the one above it are really, really bad posts. The mayor claiming is a terrible idea, because of all the reasons that the announcer claiming is bad except replace all the good reasons for the announcer to claim and replace them with that it gives the mafia an attractive kill target. Additionally, mayor is a pretty easy claim to fake and it is entirely possible the mafia got it as a fake claim.

As for this specific post, 1 good post every 2 days is absolutely atrocious. We should not be taking a week and a half. It is not too early to be voting for lurkers. Seriously, literally every sentence of this post is just blatantly wrong, and no voting for lurkers is not in the same dimension as being a lurker oneself. If we all followed this line of thought then the mafia could just fucking hide forever while the villagers just bickered amongst themselves.

However, those were not quite as bad as this post:
Lady Salamence said:
... So people want me to post...?

I don't understand the US suspicion... He acts like that in all NOC games he plays...

Well, I don't read his posts so...!
Yes I do, but is that seriously ALL you have to contribute? Maybe give some reasons for why you don't suspect me? Maybe give some names/reasons of people you DO suspect? Maybe fucking indicate that you are at least marginally invested in this game?

@@vote Lady Salamence@@ until she answers these questions and posts again. Metal Bagon is next because he has apparently been active but not posting in this thread, which is highly suspicious.

Hi guys. I've read through the thread, and here are some of my thoughts:

If the announcer is mafia, then UncleSam is clean. A member of the mafia wouldn't ask the announcer to claim if he already knew who the announcer was, and would just look like he was rolefishing if he asked the announcer to claim. I don't think the announcer should claim, though, since that would make the announcer effectively a vanilla villager and give the mafia one person not to kill.

billymills isn't playing the way he usually does. In previous NOC games, like NOCed Down, billy tried to shift the lynch onto as many people as possible early in the game, in order to find people's opinions on various users and also who would overreact. But in this game, billy is content to bandwagon.

Brammi, why do you think the mayor should claim? As with the announcer, having the mayor claim would just give the mafia another person not to kill in their search for the bg/inspector. This early in the game, the mayor's extra vote barely distinguishes him from vanilla villagers. It just seems like you're rolefishing. Also, The voting of inactive users isn't intended to actually get them lynched, but just to make them talk. The village needs to get as many peoples' opinions D1 as possible, so we have something to go on D2.

I doubt Leethoof's claim that the mafia persuaded him to vote for US. A mafia persuader would probably idle early in the game, so as to keep the village in the dark until the changed vote was actually needed. The mafia might also persuade one of their own to make the persuaded mafioso look clean, but that move is done frequently enough that few people see being persuaded as a sign of cleanliness anymore.

UncleSam

Leading this village
@UncleSam: "by request" means that they came to us and asked to be subbed out.
Walrein already answered that on IRC bitch.

@everyone else: the reason I asked was that if it was by someone else (I checked infinity.cypher and coronis' recent activity and it seems to corroborate what the hosts are telling me...), it would imply the subees are mafia.

Anyhow:
Staraptor Call said:
Hi guys. I've read through the thread, and here are some of my thoughts:

If the announcer is mafia, then UncleSam is clean. A member of the mafia wouldn't ask the announcer to claim if he already knew who the announcer was, and would just look like he was rolefishing if he asked the announcer to claim. I don't think the announcer should claim, though, since that would make the announcer effectively a vanilla villager and give the mafia one person not to kill.

billymills isn't playing the way he usually does. In previous NOC games, like NOCed Down, billy tried to shift the lynch onto as many people as possible early in the game, in order to find people's opinions on various users and also who would overreact. But in this game, billy is content to bandwagon.

Brammi, why do you think the mayor should claim? As with the announcer, having the mayor claim would just give the mafia another person not to kill in their search for the bg/inspector. This early in the game, the mayor's extra vote barely distinguishes him from vanilla villagers. It just seems like you're rolefishing. Also, The voting of inactive users isn't intended to actually get them lynched, but just to make them talk. The village needs to get as many peoples' opinions D1 as possible, so we have something to go on D2.

I doubt Leethoof's claim that the mafia persuaded him to vote for US. A mafia persuader would probably idle early in the game, so as to keep the village in the dark until the changed vote was actually needed. The mafia might also persuade one of their own to make the persuaded mafioso look clean, but that move is done frequently enough that few people see being persuaded as a sign of cleanliness anymore.
I agree with you about Leethoof; it does seem odd that he would forget a "part of his night results" for so long then just casually mention he was persuaded to vote for me.

I think that Leethoof is certainly a possible target for this lynch (along with Snike or billymills) but in the meantime I would prefer to focus on voting inactives to call them out into talking. In my opinion we can garner way more information about possible allegiances through discussion.

Also, Staraptor Call, if you would post your opinions of every player I would appreciate it very much, it only helps the town for you to do so and thus far I haven't seen anything really in the way of discussion here except "well I kinda trust US maybe sorta" which is honestly kinda meaningless. I'd rather get you to give us your opinions about everyone rather than your non-opinions about a few very vocal players.

UncleSam

Leading this village
nice hivemind unclesam
I actually didn't notice how similar our posts were until after I posted; honestly I'm not surprised we came to the same conclusion because there really is only one conclusion to come to with regards to both Brammi and Lady Salamence at this point:
-Brammi just posted something idiotic (twice)
-Lady Salamence needs to be pressured into posting more

All The World's A Stage Or How We May Have Scared Coronis Out Of The Game

ITT: Brammi denies he jumped on both the kok and Snype wagon. >__>

Alright, so Kax asked for me to try and explain my predecessors' two posts, so here goes.

help

what do i do?

i'm new to noc and idk what i'm doing.

can we discuss possible game designs so far? this looks like a 1v1 game so far with the possibility of a neutral. 24 players so perhaps a 3-4 mafia with a possible wolf. i want to know if it's worth it so far to actually mislynch. I'd rather not mislynch unless we have to or we have a strong reason to lynch someone. I'm assuming most of the votes so far were just trolls, except for zorbees' and billymills', who I'm assuming were just votes to get people to talk.

I'm interested in hearing out people and getting a read on them. As I haven't seen him post yet, for the time being lynch rediamond to get him to talk.
The first part is really really confusing, in that I'm not sure why Snype said he was a nub here, then starts discussing setup. It was almost like he was asking to get lynched for that. The second part is basically pressure voting and assuming RVS = troll voting...?

Next post, after Sam pressures him:

silly sam doesn't understand when to learn that all posts don't have to be completely serious.

and false, i did provide an explanation, albeit a very small one: get people to talk. if you'd like some elaboration, i played a short bit of irl rtm, and i'm just trying the system that worked for us. nom a player as a rand or keeping quiet early on, get him to talk, develop reads on everyone and decide then how to vote. i picked rediamond just b/c. the last IRC RTM i was in (in which i did a shit job, thanks for carrying pluff <3), village got screwed when villager yeti foced quags to pubclaim as inspector, causing him to be promptly killed (as bg was randed n1.) I don't want the village losing an important role yet; I, and I'm sure most other players, would rather have some information to go off of before making a lynch.

and if you don't believe i am inexperienced at this format, simply note that i legit thought that there were 3 mafias when Sam has demonstrated why it is impractical.

Also, the reason why I believe we should keep NL as a possibility open for now is b/c we don't know the setup of the game, so therefore, to me, it doesn't make sense to risk losing a potentially valuable player.

current reads on other players:

Sam: vocal as he usually is. however, he seems to cast doubt on other players. Is a bit quick to call attention to others. However, I think that's just him trying to be a villager.
Yeti: has only shown a read about US, and that is a bit suspicious to me, when other users have posted too.
The first line seems to suggest that the help what do I do??? comment was a joke. Next up is his justification for the random vote, which leads into a tangent about RTM games, which is where I get lost in that paragraph.

Second paragraph is saying he's inexperienced and using a zany theory to justify it, I guess...

The third paragraph is where his inexperience really shines through, as he's saying that we should NL to avoid losing power roles, when the lynch is one of our primary ways of gathering information. All in all, I can agree with the assessment that Snype was...
rather suspicious!

First off I will say that I never intended an Unclesam lynch, for all the whining about bandwagoning I made the third vote against him (I only thought second at the time, had not noticed Paperblade's vote). I did have a plan behind it, but it is highly unlikely that will materialise now.

I would like to agree with BT that the Unclesam lynch was not pro-village, and calling me out for it makes him seem very village-aligned.

I think Snype/Snike and BT (above) have made good cases for themselves. Zorbees and Unclesam appear rather neutral, Ditto seems to be digging himself a hole.

The others haven't talked enough, or have talked to recently so that I haven't bothered with their posts yet. Expect more once I've digested the thread.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
While I understand your point, UncleSam, we have entirely different opinions on the nature of the first day of a NOC game. For me, at least, the first day of the game is entirely for information-gathering. It's really difficult to find a mafioso on day 1, even harder to lynch that mafioso. Once everyone has made one substantial post, then I feel that prolonging the day is pointless. We'll have enough information to go on for day 2 so long as everyone makes one real post. This is just my philosophy in NOC games. You can see me post the same sentiment in Mafia Mafia 2 Mafia 1 Day 1 if you look.

Lady Salamence, what we want you to do is not just to post, we want you to post about other users in the game and say whether or not they seem like they are mafia. From this we will be able to look at least a little bit into whether you seem to be mafia or not. This is why everyone wants you to post, and this is why we were all unsatisfied with your post.

Keeping my vote on Crux until he contributes. I think honestly Lady Salamence is more likely than not just a newbie villager, unaware of what's really expected of her.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Also, I didn't read Brammi's posts fully before I made my previous post. I'm not sure if I'm understanding them correctly, but if I am then you really need to reconsider your positions on these issues. I don't know if maybe on some other site mayor is a role that always claims and Brammi is referring to that or something? And we should wait a week and a half before lynching anyone? Seriously? Do you want to be in this game until August?

I'll be honest, I forgot about it, as I read my results, went inactive for a day and a half, until the hosts gave me a friendly reminder. I doubt that satisfies your scrutinizing eye, but that's the reason. Now that we have one less user to worry about (US, not me), let's move on to threatlist.

UncleSam: clean as a bean (that is a clean bean)
Ditto: The whole idea of deciding how many mafia isn't really important this early imo, but it is helpful anyways.
Billymills: Sleeping is a pretty good excuse for inactivity, and the discussion he posted made up for it
Metal Bagon: Inactive when I'm fairly certain he's still active as usual in ASB, so possible scum
zorbees: Following on what Kaxtar said, the "i dont discuss much" and then "you should discuss more people" is a little contradictory
Blue Tornado: Positive discussion overall
Snike: Trying to pick up the pieces of Snype's suspicuousness, doing well
I am in full agreement with this post. I haven't been paying this thread as much attention as I should be, but this is basically my opinions on most notable posters.

Ok at this point I've found a couple who to me are reasonably suspicious.

Metal Bagon: So far this guy has zero posts. And from past experience, whenver he is silent he has turned out to be scum (case in point: Heroic Characters mafia). And he has been active in other forums (read: cap asb) so I'm not sure why he isnt posting here.

Brammi: I'm not sure why you think mayor is one of the roles that needs to be claimed d1. The fact the you also dont bring up any reasoning behind this claim also seems suspicious to me. Echoing others in that I would like an explantion in why the mayor should claim d1.

Leethoof: I find it really strange that Leethoof "forgot" that he was persuaded. If I'm persuaded I post right away so that I dont forget about it and get potentially godkilled. And the fact that he was persuaded doesnt clean US in any way; for all we know the mafia persuaded him to make it look like US is clean.

Lady Salamence: I really have no clue what that post was about. US plays the same in all NOC games, but I don't read his post... Not really sure what LS is getting at there, so further explanation would be nice.

UncleSam: I think he brought up that walrein/spiffy would put billymills on mafia because he has been village in all previous nocs, but doesnt this apply for US as well? I could be completely wrong, and US might have been mafia in a previous NOC, but I did a quick search and didnt find a noc game where us was village. Just some food for thought.

I'm doing my best to keep up with all the posts, and the tl;dr doesn't help. Please bear with me as I will continue to provide scum reads as we go.

For now, I think the way Metal Bagon is playing is reminiscent of the way he has played in the past as a mafioso. So for now I am going to @@vote Metal_Bagon@@ until he provides some sort of explanation.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I hate to have three of the five latest posts in the thread, but I don't understand why anyone is saying that anyone else is "clean as a bean". Day 1 doesn't "clean" people until we know who is lynched, and who they were. If UncleSam calls someone out, we vote that person, and he's mafia, then we have reason to think that UncleSam might be "clean". Until then, it's just words, and in general mafia speak English as well as villagers. I'm getting a pro-town vibe from UncleSam as well, but to say that he's "clean as a bean" is ridiculous.

Also, even if you have the same opinions, it's more informative to everyone else if you put them in your own words :/

@@vote Metal_Bagon@@

I had to confirm that Metal Bagon had been active in ASB before voting. While this could be for similar reasons to my own, he's almost always silent when mafioso, as Jalmont pointed out.

E:

askainjask: In retrospect, I might not agree with that part of his post. However, I think we have better leads to investigate at the moment. It should be clear relatively soon if UncleSam is credible or not anyway. As for quoting, I'm tired, and am making posts during five minute breaks between a few hours of homework. I'm sorry if I don't have time at present to make tl;dr posts, but I should gain the time needed to do so on Thursday. Until then, between multiple tests and a speech I will be quite busy due to irl.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Just want to note that Metal Bagon generally only responded to his name when he was wolf in walrein's previous NOC mafia. If he has a sudden spike in activity due to his name being brought up, that could be suspect. Of course, any villager who sees he is getting lynched will defend himself, so the defense itself wouldn't indicate village/scum, but if he only posts when called out, it could be a scumtell.

Ditto you have made 13 posts in this thread and contributed almost nothing.

3 of your posts were jokes, at least 3 were because people directly requested you say something, and then another 3 were discussing the possible numbers in this game.

Furthermore, you constantly seem to need to defend or dismiss your previous posts. "I was answering a question" "I find this discussion pointless" "I was asked to respond" and on and on.

honestly I forgot how much meta-psychological bullshit goes on here where people try to convince themselves "OH USER SAID THIS THAT MUST MEAN THEY ARE MAFIA" when really it's mostly luck. especially for d1 i mean come on. why would the village even try to be lynching at this point if there isn't some sort of confirmed target. we are only hurting ourselves.

why did i sub into this game fuck v_v

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Ok, so UncleSam wants the announcer to claim, and I honestly don't see any reason not to, so I'm the announcer. I've never played in NOC, or as the announcer role, so I wasn't sure to do. I really don't know what to do, but for right now I trust UncleSam...

As for users, I have no opinions outside the "omg bandwagon metal bagon he's active but never posts"

Also I wholeheartedly agree with wickdaggler, except for the subbing part.

Is there a way to prove my role? I plan to cry "Blood, Fire, War, Hate, It's everywhere, It's in their fate" tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)