Non-Sig Item Revamp

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We have left:

1) Muscle Band, Wide Lens, Wise Glasses.
2) Power Items.
3) Ring Target and Sticky Barb.

I am currently clueless on what to do with them.

The first list I have issues boosting without stepping on the toes of Expert Belt or Zoom Lens or even with each other. I am thinking on inluding minor stuff like better crit chance, better acc, energy reduction or something of the like.

Power items are the easiest, just mess with the multipliers or even remove decay (or both).

Ring Target and Sticky Barb I am also clueless. I am considering making the holder switch items (think trick). But really undecided.

I am not gonna suggest anything for now. Maybe later. But I (desperately) acceept suggestions.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
- Muscle Band should provide a 10% accuracy boost to Physical Attacks and make them all cost 1 EN less to use. Increasing crit chance I'm against considering there are already 3 pretty good items (off the top of my head) that do that already [Scope Lens, Razor Items]
- Wise Glasses I would provide the same boost to as Muscle Band, just for Special Attacks. [+10% Accuracy to all Special Attacks and they cost 1 less EN]
- Wide Lens seem like a precision based item, so maybe increase the accuracy boost to 15%, and also provide it with a 1 stage crit chance boost maybe (just spitballing on this one)

- Power items probably only need to have a 0.75× Speed multiplier, and I would go with slowing the decay process, but not fulling removing it (think: Cleanse Tag).

- Ring Target and Sticky Barb have me beat

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think we should lump Zoom Lens alongside Wide Lens and Scope Lens. We know out of the three, only Scope found consistent use because it complements with Super Luck to turn into a zero-drawback screen-bypassing Life Orb. So why don't we work Wide and Zoom around the same idea, complementing Abilities like Illuminate and Analytic respectively? (okay I admit, I have a thing for Starmies)
Proposed Wide Lens revamp said:
Increases move accuracy by twenty (20).

- Stacking with Illuminate, this gives 100% acc on Elemental Blasts, which allows Starmie add variety to Expert Belt/Water Stone and Timid/Modest natures.
- Alternately, Wide Lens can allow STAB-moves or 100% Acc moves to hit regardless of position, which I think would sync well with Flying types by giving them a pseudo No Guard.
- Third alternative is to give perfect accuracy a la Aerial Ace to moves that are 100% Acc by default.
Proposed Zoom Lens revamp said:
Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and increases move accuracy by twenty (20). If the move accuracy is already at one hundred (100), including Accuracy boosts from Natures, then the move will have perfect (--%) Accuracy instead. All effects only apply if the Pokemon moves after the opposing Pokemon.

- Stacking with Analytic, this gives (half of) Scope and Wide Lens' effects by trading off move order. +1 Crit should remain in the event of CAP, I mean GF, releasing a Super Luck/Analytic slowmon.
- It will be the perfect Trick Room complementary item - assuming someone makes TR a meta. Winking at you, future Psychic Leader.
- IMHO the perfect accuracy mechanic should either be there if it is also present by default in Wide Lens, or totally replace the +20% Acc as a tradeoff.
I'd like Muscle Band / Wide Glass to be a counterpart to Type-Specific Items. Back in the early days, Dragon Fang Haxorus used to be a thing - "Who cares about SE when you can hit 20 damage with a Dragon Claw?" Until it got crept out and then utterly destroyed by XY of course. But back to topic - +3 final damage seems to me like a boring generic decent effect. EBelt/LO buffs BAP, not final damage, so we can draw the line there, along with the fact that EBelt and LO allows for mixed offenses. +3 final damage in a spectrum is a tradeoff because +4 final damage Type-Specifics limit to a single Type. This allows the MBand/WGlasses to work in a similar, but not exactly the same, vein to EBelt/LO.

No qualms about Power Items since they're slightly less niched than Target/Barbs, although I do think keeping the speed nerf and removing decay would be hilarious enough that stat-boosting becomes a semi-viable tactic on mons that are already slow in the first place (think Throh and Mega-Camerupt in Doubles, inspiration from Deck's Throh and Tauros).

/joke
Let's just make Ring Target and Sticky Bard cheaper than even the Training Items, buff their Fling BAP/effects, and keep their equipped effects in-line with the catridge game. After all, this way the only time you would use them is in an arena where Unequipped = Super-Buff (think Unburden + Auto-Sig-Item), against a special attacker unlikely to use contact attacks. And we have to admit, there are some items that are just beyond salvation if we want to remain true to its origins.
/endjoke

Last edited:
Wide Lens could have ingame effect + remove spread penalty? Feels like "wide lens" has a wide effect idk

Ring Target could maybe just have both the holder and the opponent be affected by "no immunities" thing.

Sticky Barbs........... contact will trade items even if opp is already holding one is the best i can think of

Frosty

=_=
That is actually a good plan, fort. What about:

Before:

Sticky Barb: If the Pokemon makes contact with an attack, adds two (2) final damage to the attack (after all other damage is calculated). The equipped Pokemon receives two (2) damage at the end of each action. Sticky Barb transfers to opponents with no item when contact is made.

Ring Target: The Pokemon loses its type immunities from abilities and typing. Transfers to opponents with no item when contact is made.
After:

Sticky Barb: If the Pokemon makes contact with an attack, adds two (2) final damage to the attack (after all other damage is calculated). The equipped Pokemon receives two (2) damage at the end of each action. When contact is made, the holder automatically switches items with the opponent. This item causes item switch only once during the battle.

Ring Target: The Pokemon loses its type immunities from abilities and typing. When contact is made, the holder automatically switches items with the opponent. This item causes item switch only once during the battle.

Or a less powerful option:

Sticky Barb: If the Pokemon makes contact with an attack, adds two (2) final damage to the attack (after all other damage is calculated). The equipped Pokemon receives two (2) damage at the end of each action. When contact is made by the holder, the opponent loses its original item and gets this one instead. This can only happen once.

Ring Target: The Pokemon loses its type immunities from abilities and typing. When contact is made by the holder, the opponent loses its original item and gets this one instead. This can only happen once.

Personally I prefer the second one. But I'll admit that both can be "too good".

thoughts?

I still think ring target should just be like "both mons lose immunities", if only because that also works on megas

The idea of "oh we should swap items" just falls apart against megas, but ring target has the potential to be a really useful item even wrt megas if we just make it like no guard in that both mons get affected by it. Its less complex, and (imo) is more effective.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
power items:

Before:

Power Weight: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and increases the HP gain and energy cost of recovery moves by 50% (x1.5). Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Bracer: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and doubles (x2) the stage-boost of Attack-boosting moves. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Belt: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and doubles (x2) the stage-boost of Defense-boosting moves. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Lens: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and doubles (x2) the stage-boost of Special Attack-boosting moves. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Band: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and doubles (x2) the stage-boost of Special Defense-boosting moves. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Anklet: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and triples (x3) the stage-boost of Speed-boosting moves. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
After:

Power Weight: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and increases the HP gain of recovery moves by 50% (x1.5) and makes them usable even under taunt. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).
Power Bracer: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Attack-boosting moves. If a move boosts Attack and another stat, only the attack boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Attack Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Belt: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Defense-boosting moves, while increasing their priority by one (1). If a move boosts Defense and another stat, only the Defense boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Defense Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Lens: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Special Attack-boosting moves. If a move boosts Special Attack and another stat, only the Special Attack boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Special Attack Boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Band: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Special Defense-boosting moves, while increasing their priority by one (1). If a move boosts Special Defense and another stat, only the Special Defense boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Special Defense Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Anklet: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 25% (x0.75), rounded up, and adds +4 to the stage-boost of Speed-boosting moves. Bonus Accuracy is calculated based on the speed modified by stages and will apply even if the holder doesn't have a nature that boosts speed. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Speed Stage boosts won't decay.
Weight: +50% healing with no drawbacks (other than speed) and taunt immunity to them. I am considering adding draining moves too, but I feel this has enough of a niche right now. I might also boost the percentage to 75%, but the idea of 61hp healing Morning Suns is scary. This will be enough to bump Heal Pulse considerably (for raids and what not) and is a good item to use for bulky mons with recovery, as +30hp by itself is very significant.
Bracer, Belt, Lens, Band: I put on a bigger bolder boost to make it useable also to mons without +2 stat boost moves and I nerfed decay. TBH it still sucks, but eh. Just think on the possibilities with this and power up punch hahaha. But either way, I don't think much can be done without redoing the item entirely.
Power Anklet: -_-. I nerfed the penalty, removed decay entirely, boosted the boost and added an accuracy bonus. I have no idea if it really makes a difference if it can mae too much of a difference with ohko moves and all.

Last edited:
Bit nitpicky here, but shouldn't Power Anklet say "Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 25%"? Otherwise it's technically a nerf to the item.

Other than that these look good.

Off topic, but :( my ring target suggestion was completely ignored twice

on topic:
I think power weight, for flavor reasons, should give more wc that the other ones.

Question: so p.anklet adds +acc to mons without it? That seems rather nice actually, especially on mons with semidecent speed.

Frosty

=_=
When I have suggestions for all items, I will compile them and open for suggestions. This is why I didn't address your suggestion. We will get to it.

Regarding the other three items, I am gonna suggest the following:

Before:

Muscle Band: Increases the Base Attack Power of all physical attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1).
Wide Lens: Increases move accuracy by ten (10).
Wise Glasses: Increases the Base Attack Power of all special attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1).
Zoom Lens: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and increases move accuracy by twenty (20). Both effects only apply if the Pokemon moves after the opposing Pokemon.
After:

Muscle Band: Increases the Base Attack Power of all physical attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1). Increases accuracy of said moves by ten (10).
Wide Lens: Increases move accuracy by twenty (20).
Wise Glasses: Increases the Base Attack Power of all special attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1). Increases accuracy of said moves by ten (10).
Zoom Lens: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and increases move accuracy by thirty (30). Negates all accuracy stage reductions on the holder. All effects only apply if the Pokemon moves after the opposing Pokemon.
Yes, Zoom Lens was included there even though it wasn't listed. But I can't see anything being doable with the current percentages on it. Something would be outclassed.

I saw Zt's suggestions, but:
a) Turning moves with perfect accuracy have weird implications I would rather no mess with. Aside from it, having perfect accuracy only messes with double team, evasive moves and evasion/accuracy modifiers. And I gotta confess I feel it is too niche? Although I am not against moving it to the booth, if there is enough support (that is your cue).
b) I'd rather keep the boost inside the formula, not out. I feel boosting the damage flat is a nice niche to the type items (and weakness policy). That is my personal opinion tho, so if there is enough support against...

My line of thought was:
a) increasing bap boost to 2 is too much (see: expert belt) and 1.5 is ridiculous. So I'd rather mess with extra accuracy. 10 is the number chosen because it boosts the general non-100% accuracy outside of Hydro Pump etc.
b) I boosted wide lens to 20%, as it is the magical number to boost the most powerful attack (hydro pump, fire blast) of all typings and because it is a big lovely number for most attacks.
c) I boosted zoom lens to 30%, since 70% is the lowest acc on non last-ditch moves (like zap cannon). I added the immunity to accuracy reductions since it is the benefit of perfect accuracy that is more bound to be applicable.

thoughts before I compile all the proposals of the round and open for general suggestions.

I still feel like increasing BAP by 1 for Wise Glasses and Muscle Band isn't enough. I don't buy into the Expert Belt argument either. With a +2 boost then these items are only as good as Ebelt on super effective attacks, and that is with the limitation of only working on one spectrum. On neutral attacks they are only as good as a 1 stage boost, so nowhere near the level of say a +4 dmg type item or Weakness Policy. I'd be very okay with these items providing a +2 BAP boost and Frosty's proposed accuracy boost. This makes them only slightly better than an Expert Belt on Pokemon who only want to attack from one side of the spectrum, which a) I am okay with and b) might very likely still see them outclassed by other items such as Rare Candy.

Frosty

=_=
Fort Colorcastle : While it solves the balance problem, it deviates so much from ingame and from the general "items affect holders" rule that I would rather try to make it work by obeying said rule and only trying different strategies if it doesn't work.

deadfox081 : expert clone is as far as I am willing to go. Making it better than Expert Belt will potentially create a power creep that I would rather not mess with, given Expert Belt is still the most used non-sig item (and the most bought), so if I possibly outclass it, I predict a tsunami of requests to boost it up. Which I don't want to. That being said, I prefer bap + acc since it differentiates EB and those two items. But we can consider boothing both options if there is support for that.

So, for the last batch I am considering:

Sticky Barb: If the Pokemon makes contact with an attack, adds two (2) final damage to the attack (after all other damage is calculated). The equipped Pokemon receives two (2) damage at the end of each action. When contact is made by the holder, the opponent loses its original item and gets this one instead. This can only happen once.

Ring Target: The Pokemon loses its type immunities from abilities and typing. When contact is made by the holder, the opponent loses its original item and gets this one instead. This can only happen once.

Power Weight: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and increases the HP gain of recovery moves by 50% (x1.5) and makes them usable even under taunt. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).

Power Bracer: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Attack-boosting moves. If a move boosts Attack and another stat, only the attack boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Attack Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Belt: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Defense-boosting moves, while increasing their priority by one (1). If a move boosts Defense and another stat, only the Defense boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Defense Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Lens: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Special Attack-boosting moves. If a move boosts Special Attack and another stat, only the Special Attack boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Special Attack Boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Band: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and adds +3 to the stage-boost of Special Defense-boosting moves, while increasing their priority by one (1). If a move boosts Special Defense and another stat, only the Special Defense boost will be further increased. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Special Defense Stage boosts will only decay after 2 rounds without being boosted.
Power Anklet: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 25% (x0.75), rounded up, and adds +4 to the stage-boost of Speed-boosting moves. Bonus Accuracy is calculated based on the speed modified by stages and will apply even if the holder doesn't have a nature that boosts speed. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1). Speed Stage boosts won't decay.

Muscle Band: Increases the Base Attack Power of all physical attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1). Increases accuracy of said moves by ten (10).
Wise Glasses: Increases the Base Attack Power of all special attacks used by the Pokemon by one (1). Increases accuracy of said moves by ten (10).
Zoom Lens: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and increases move accuracy by thirty (30). Negates all accuracy stage reductions on the holder. All effects only apply if the Pokemon moves after the opposing Pokemon.
Giving 24h for thoughts on the items or the replies above. After that I will compile all the proposed changed, what will go to the booth and then start suggestions for prices.

ring target rebuttal said:
While it solves the balance problem, it deviates so much from ingame and from the general "items affect holders" rule that I would rather try to make it work by obeying said rule and only trying different strategies if it doesn't work.
Yeah I guess it deviates from ingame, but so do plenty of other things.
This item has so much potential, but limiting it to only be effective against non-megas without trick, switcheroo or sticky hold, AND designating that one of the involved mons has to use contact attacks, really is a waste.

We added the contact trade to the item, so we already deviate from in-game.
I feel like a better change would be to make it similar to no guard instead of copying sticky barb, so it affects only the holder, but it takes effect in both giving and receiving attacks.

I still don't agree that +2 BAP and +10% acc on one side of the spectrum outclasses Expert Belt, which can be used on both sides of the attacking spectrum. If we were to look strictly at a +2 BAP from these items they imo still would not equal Expert Belt since again, only one attacking side. The +2 to neutral attacks isn't really a benefit, if you wanted to attack neutrally you would very likely pick a different item.

I think expert belt would be more or less on par with wise lens/muscle band if said items were +2 & +10 acc
I support that buff

if we are really worried about outclassing, it could maybe be +10 acc & +2 final damage

Actually after discussion on IRC I would like to amend my proposed Muscle Band/WIse Glasses to increase the Attack/Special Attack Rank of the Pokemon by 1 rather than a direct BAP increase. I also don't think it would be too much in this case to maintain the +10% accuracy boost to Physical/Special moves. This basically ends up sitting it in that +1.5 range most agreed was fair without actually having it be a +1.5 boost. More or less it allows the items to act as an offensive Rare Candy for those mons who would otherwise have a defensive stat boosted by RC.

This idea was totally not stolen from Dogfish.

Frosty

=_=
deadfox, I fail to think on any pokemon that at the same time:
a) Can attack on both sides of the spectrum with equal power without weird damaging natures.
b) Has coverage on both sides
c) Won't rely on neutral attacks for the most part
d) Won't be better off regardless focusing on special attacks like Fire Blast or Thunder with the help of the increased acc

Only pokemon that fill in all the criteria above would prefer expert belt to your proposed muscle band/wise glasses. You speak as if these kind of pokemon were everywhere and yet I can't honestly think on any. Lucario uses a lot his strong neutral fighting attacks, snorlax too, infernape doesn't have much coverage, Syclant uses Neutral Pin Missile/Icicle Spear mostly, Dragonite would greatly appreciate Wise Glasses to spam the high powered special moves with way more power etc. I am sorry but while in theory it might make sense, in reality I see it being vastly outclassed, unless on very specific niche situations where you are sure to force the matchup you want during the entire match with a pokemon that is better off alternating special and physical attacks, instead of just spamming one of them.

The BAP suggestion is...eh, at least it is better? I still fear the implications on the special side due to fire blast and co. We might put it on the booth for voting (probably will), but I would need to look very closely to the repercussions after implementation.

- - - -

Fort,

fine I will add your suggestion to the booth.

Anything else?

Frosty

=_=
Sorry I forgot we moved back to word of god. Consider this me signed out of discussion.
-_-

Which part of "I will put it to booth" didn't you get? I disagree with your reasoning and proposal, but it is sound enough that I need to put into booth. I only won't if the other mods go against it (hence the "probably" and the "might", although I doubt there will be opposition). Sure, if you are gonna sign out of the discussion because I disagree with you, then I suppose I can't do anything about it? Other than being disappointed.

- - -

Regarding prices, I am considering the following:

10 CC: Useful and powerful items overall (think Life Orb/Expert Belt)
8 CC: Decent items overall, good on specific situations (Think type-specific items)
6 CC: Niche items (Think Metronome, Zoom Lens, Weather Stones)
4 CC: Silly items (Training items and possibly power)

I'd like to consider adding all berries (aside from actually useful ones like Enigma, which should be 8 or 10) to either 2 CC or 4 CC, because as they currently stand they're way overpriced, and I think a really low price would give them some use as a "poor man's option". Not sure about type resist berries though so your call.

Frosty

=_=
From OP:

We are gonna do now the same with the non-sig items, specially the non-consumable ones. Yes, I don't intend to touch on berries for now at least. We will roll like we did on the sig items topic, following these steps:
Although, yeah, a big price gap is definitely unpleasant. So I am considering putting up new prices for consumable items. But that would be a different decision.

- - -

K, so... The final proposal, including new effects and prices and what-not is something along the lines of:

BTW, I put on the effects I proposed here just so it doesn't stay empty. The changes suggested to be directed to the booth are below.

10CC: Items useful overall

Black Sludge: Heals Poison-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Poison Heal, Poison Point, or Poison Touch two (2) HP at the end of every one of the Pokemon's actions. Pokemon with the ability Liquid Ooze or Toxic Boost have three (3) HP restored per action instead. All other Pokemon are dealt two (2) damage at the end of each of each action.
Eviolite: Increases the Defense and Special Defense of the Pokemon by half of its current ranks if the Pokemon is not fully evolved, rounded up.
Expert Belt: Increases the Base Attack Power of all attacks that strike super effectively by two (2).
Focus Band: Damage taken by this Pokemon by any single attack is reduced to at most 20% of this Pokemon's max HP (20 Damage for Pokemon with 100 Base HP, 18 Damage for Pokemon with 90 Base HP, and so on). Damaging combos are not affected by Focus Band.
Focus Sash: Reduces the Base Attack Power of attacks used against the Pokemon by two (2) while above 30% of its maximum HP. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by fifteen (15) Base Attack Power instead.
Leftovers: Heals the Pokemon two (2) HP at the end of every one of the Pokemon's actions. Pokemon with the ability Gluttony have three (3) HP restored per action instead.
Life Orb: Increases the Base Attack Power of all attacks by three (3), but deals two (2) damage to the Pokemon for each attack it makes that hits successfully. If the holder either has the Magic Guard ability, or has the Sheer Force ability toggled on (and using a Sheer Force-boosted attack), then they will take no recoil damage. The recoil is only one (1) damage if the attack is a single-hit move with four (4) Base Attack Power after ability adjustments. Attacks that hit multiple Pokemon only inflict recoil once.

Item mildly useful overall, but particularly useful in specific situations. Also, items that really go well with a particular mon (King Rock, Metal Coat, Scope Lens, Flame Orb, Toxic Orb, Razor Claw, Razor Fang) also go here.

Big Root: Doubles (x2) the HP gained from the moves Absorb, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Horn Leech, Draining Kiss, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge, capped at 100%. Increases the Energy Cost of these attacks by three (3).
BrightPowder: Reduces move accuracy of moves used against the Pokemon by ten (10). Caps opponent's accuracy at 90% for all moves without perfect accuracy before calculating field effects and Accuracy/Evasion stages.
Cleanse Tag: Halves the rate of damage increase on Toxic (e.g. it becomes 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 over 6 rounds instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6) and increases the rate of decay on Freeze (0, 0, 1 instead of 0, 1, 2), Sleep (0,1,1 instead of 1,1,2) and paralysis (25,15,5,0 or 20,10,0 instead of 25,20,15,10,5,0). Reduces the damage of Poison and Burn to one (1) DPA. Removes the attack penalty of burn, as well as the possibility of a Full Paralysis.
Kings Rock: All attacks used by the Pokemon that connect have a 10% chance to cause the opponent to flinch. Multi-hit moves have as many chances to flinch as hits made successfully. If held by Poliwhirl, Politoed, Slowpoke, or Slowking, it increases the Pokemon's Special Attack by one (1) rank and continuously activates Water Absorb and Regenerator, granting +2hp per action due to it for each ability.
Lagging Tail: Causes the Pokemon to always move last within its priority bracket, regardless of Speed. The Pokemon's attacks will never miss an opponent and opponents' attacks will never miss the Pokemon. OHKO moves have normal accuracy when used with or against a Pokemon with this item.
Razor Claw: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and the Base Attack Power of moves containing the words "Cut", "Cross", "Claw", "Scissor", "Scratch", "Swipe", or "Slash" is increased by three (3). If held by Sneasel or Weavile, it increases the Pokemon's Attack by one (1) rank.
Razor Fang: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and the Base Attack Power of moves containing the words "Fang", "Crunch", "Razor", "Bite", "Blade", or "Sword" is increased by three (3). If held by Gligar or Gliscor, it increases the Pokemon's Attack by one (1) rank.
Rocky Helmet: Causes all contact attacks suffered by the Pokemon to deal 25% of the damage received to the opponent.
Scope Lens: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by two (2).
Shell Bell: Whenever the Pokemon deals damage with an attack, it is healed for 1/6 of the damage dealt, rounded normally, but with a minimum of one (1) HP gained.
Shed Shell: Allows the Pokemon to switch in a Switch = OK battle regardless of trapping moves or abilities. Prevents residual damage from partial trapping moves and renders the Pokemon immune to entry hazards.
Smoke Ball: The Pokémon negates all of its own Accuracy drops, all of its opponent's Evasion boosts, and the effects of an opponent's Double Team. Actions used evasively always fail against the Pokémon. Also, the carrier of Smoke Ball is capable of hitting their targets even on the evasive part of Damaging Evasive Moves (e.g. Dig). The Standard Accuracy of the moves used still apply normally.
Flame Orb: At the end of each action, the Pokemon is inflicted with burn. If the holder of this item is currently burned due to its effect, it cannot receive any other major status.
Toxic Orb: At the end of each action, the Pokemon is inflicted with bad poison. If the holder of this item is currently badly poisoned due to its effect, it cannot receive any other major status.
Black Belt: Increases the damage dealt by all Fighting-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
BlackGlasses: Increases the damage dealt by all Dark-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Charcoal: Increases the damage dealt by all Fire-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Dragon Fang: Increases the damage dealt by all Dragon-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Hard Stone: Increases the damage dealt by all Rock-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Magnet: Increases the damage dealt by all Electric-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Metal Coat: Increases the damage dealt by all Steel-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4). If held by Onix, Scyther, Steelix or Scizor, it increases the Pokemon's Attack by one (1) rank and grants the holder STAB on Steel-Typed moves, if they don't have it already.
Miracle Seed: Increases the damage dealt by all Grass-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Mystic Water: Increases the damage dealt by all Water-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
NeverMeltIce: Increases the damage dealt by all Ice-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Pixie Dust: Increases the damage dealt by all Fairy-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Poison Barb: Increases the damage dealt by all Poison-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Sharp Beak: Increases the damage dealt by all Flying-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Silk Scarf: Increases the damage dealt by all Normal-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
SilverPowder: Increases the damage dealt by all Bug-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Soft Sand: Increases the damage dealt by all Ground-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Spell Tag: Increases the damage dealt by all Ghost-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
TwistedSpoon: Increases the damage dealt by all Psychic-type attacks used by the Pokemon by four (4).
Draco Plate: A mystical plate that boosts the power of Dragon-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Dragon.
Dread Plate: A mystical plate that boosts the power of Dark-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Dark.
Earth Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Ground-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Ground.
Fist Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Fighting-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Fighting.
Flame Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Fire-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Fire.
Icicle Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Ice-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Ice.
Insect Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Bug-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Bug.
Iron Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Steel-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Steel.
Meadow Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Grass-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Grass.
Mind Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Psychic-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Psychic.
Pixie Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Fairy-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Fairy.
Sky Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Flying-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Flying.
Splash Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Water-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Water.
Spooky Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Ghost-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Ghost.
Stone Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Rock-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Rock.
Toxic Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Poison-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Poison.
Zap Plate: A mystical plate that boots the power of Electric-type moves by two (2) BAP. Activates Multitype and changes Arceus's type to Electric.

Niche items for the most part.

Assault Vest: Multiplies the Pokemon's Special Defense Rank by one and a half (1.5x), rounded up. The Pokemon will only be able to use damaging attack moves, Chill and combinations in battle.
Binding Band: Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Infestation, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Wrap, and Whirlpool have their BAP increased by 4 and inflict Triple (3x) damage at the end of each of the target Pokemon's actions.
Choice Band: Increases the Attack of the Pokemon by half of its current rank, rounded up. The Pokemon is allowed to choose a new move at the beginning of every round, but is forced to use that move for all actions of that round while incurring half the normal repeated move energy cost. The Pokemon is so committed to its attack once it's been successfully ordered that no attack used by the opponent can prevent it from using the chosen attack in that round. Choice-locked Pokemon are immune to the effects of Encore. Chill won't lock the user and it can be used even if the user is locked in a different move.
Choice Scarf: Increases the Speed of the Pokemon by 75% (x1.75) and increases base move accuracy by twenty-five (25). The Pokemon is allowed to choose a new move at the beginning of every round, but is forced to use that move for all actions of that round without incurring the repeated move energy cost. The Pokemon is so committed to its attack once it's been successfully ordered that no attack used by the opponent can prevent it from using the chosen attack in that round. Choice-locked Pokemon are immune to the effects of Encore.Chill won't lock the user and it can be used even if the user is locked in a different move.
Choice Specs: Increases the Special Attack of the Pokemon by half of its current rank, rounded up. The Pokemon is allowed to choose a new move at the beginning of every round, but is forced to use that move for all actions of that round while incurring half the normal repeated move energy cost. The Pokemon is so committed to its attack once it's been successfully ordered that no attack used by the opponent can prevent it from using the chosen attack in that round. Choice-locked Pokemon are immune to the effects of Encore.Chill won't lock the user and it can be used even if the user is locked in a different move.
Grip Claw: The partial trapping and damaging effect of Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Infestation, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Wrap, and Whirlpool last a guaranteed eight (8) actions, regardless of the user switching or the moves used by the trapped pokemon. The BAP of those moves is increased by 4 and they have perfect accuracy.
Float Stone: The Pokemon's weight is cut in half, and all attacks used by the Pokemon with six (6) or less Base Power after ability adjustments have +1 priority. Priority is applied to the summed Base Power of a multi-hit move.
Destiny Knot: Whenever the Pokemon inflicts attraction successfully upon an opponent, the effect lasts for the duration of the battle until either Pokemon is KOed or switches out.
Safety Goggles: The Pokemon is immune to damage from weather effects and the effects of "Powder" Moves. (Full List: Poison Powder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, Stun Spore.)
Damp Rock: Causes Drizzle to cost no energy to activate and reduces the energy cost of Rain Dance by five (5). Extends the duration of rain induced by the holder of this item to six (6) rounds if it would otherwise have a smaller duration. Enables rain to be induced in all arenas where it might otherwise be disallowed, without any kind of restriction.
Heat Rock: Causes Drought to cost no energy to activate and reduces the energy cost of Sunny Day by five (5). Extends the duration of sun induced by the holder of this item to six (6) rounds if it would otherwise have a smaller duration. Enables sun to be induced in all arenas where it might otherwise be disallowed, without any kind of restriction.
Icy Rock: Causes Snow Warning to cost no energy to activate and reduces the energy cost of Hail by five (5). Extends the duration of hail induced by the holder of this item to six (6) rounds if it would otherwise have a smaller duration. Enables hail to be induced in all arenas where it might otherwise be disallowed, without any kind of restriction.
Smooth Rock: Causes Sand Stream to cost no energy to activate and reduces the energy cost of Sandstorm by five (5). Extends the duration of sandstorm induced by the holder of this item to six (6) rounds if it would otherwise have a smaller duration. Enables sandstorm to be used in all arenas where it might otherwise be disallowed, without any kind of restriction.
Light Clay: Extends the duration of Reflect and Light Screen to twelve (12) actions and the duration of Safeguard to six (6) rounds. Increases the Defense boost of Barrier to +3.
Metronome: Increases the Base Attack Power dealt by consecutive uses of attacks after their first use by one (1) and one (1) more for each additional use up to a maximum of ten (10) uses. (Ex. An attack used twice has +2 BAP, thrice +3, etc.) Attacks used consecutively incur only half (0.5x) the consecutive move use energy cost. Same-Move Combinations are considered to be the move used twice in a row when applying bap boosts and energy reduction. If a move would receive a bap boosted from this item, it can be used regardless of Torment, Disable or Imprison.
Quick Claw: Raises the critical hit stage of the Pokemon by one (1) and the Pokemon has a 20% chance of moving first each action.
Macho Brace: Reduces the Pokemon's Speed by 50% (x0.5), rounded down, and increases the stage-boost of all boosting moves by one (1). Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by one (1).

Training items and items really niche. Or just Iron Ball really -_-.

Iron Ball: Reduces the Speed of the Pokemon by 50% (x0.5) and removes the levitating effects of Levitate, the Flying-type, and commands issued to make a Pokemon float or fly. The attacks Fly, Sky Attack, Bounce, and Sky Drop will fail when used by the Pokemon. Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, and Vital Throw are impossible against a Pokemon with Iron Ball unless used by a Fighting-type Pokemon. Increases the Pokemon's final Weight Class by three (3).
Amulet Coin: The Pokemon's owner gains one (1) additional CC for each battle the Pokemon participates in.
Exp. Share: The Pokemon gains one (1) additional MC for each battle it participates in.
Lucky Egg: The Pokemon gains one (1) additional EC or AC of the owner's choosing for each battle it participates in.

And the decisions I want to submit to the booth are:

1) Should Choice Items and Assault Vest be boosted?
a) Yes. Better risk-reward is better than nothing.
b) No. You will end up either not doing enough or doing too much. Those simply can't work in ASB concept-wise

2) Should Light Clay give temporary immunity to screens from Brick Break?
a) Yes
b) No

IF YES

2.1) For how long should screens be immune?
a) One Round
b) Three Actions
c) Two Actions

3) Change Ring Target so both the holder and the opponent lose all type immunities, instead of the current effects, removing the swap effects.
a) Yes
b) No

4) How much should Wise Glasses and Muscle Band boost their respective moves in addiction to accuracy?
a) +2BAP
b) +1Rank
c) +1BAP
d) +3 Damage

- - - -

I will put a 96h timer so people can suggest changes on the prices and suggest other things to go to the booth. Any post with 2 likes or more will be converted in slates to the booth (price changes suggested might be implemented directly by me). And yes you can suggest any change for any of the items above. Sure, if you suggest something for the items we chose to not change I reserve the right to ask for more than 2 likes.

Peace

Last edited:
On that note, where do sig items fit in in this new itemprice bracket?
Edit @ jayy on next page: i literally meant just those two ._.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)