np: BW OU Suspect Testing Round 6 - Enter Sandman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: do you only count ratings in the OU Suspect tier, and not standard OU? I'd like the opportunity to vote, and I want to make sure I'm laddering in the right place. :)
It seems like Chomp will only be allowed in the Suspect ladder, as it will still be banned in Standard OU.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I am SO MAD.....

And SO GLAD.

Oh my lord, like someone said, let's all abuse the fuck out of Sub SD, at last i have a reason to play on PS and not PO (honestly the ladder is a quite screwed up). It's always been one of my goals to vote on the end of a Suspect Test lol, i guess my boy Chomp deserves it, i am very happy about the decision to test out Sand Veil, on one hand i can now get 700 points with only the use of hax, on the other all the people that say that SV chomp is not broken get a big ''told ya so'' to their faces :]

Im so excited =] =] =] =] =] =] =] =] =] =] =] =] = ] = ] =]

My list of priorities for this weekend:
1. Sand Veil Garchomp
2. Breathing
3. School work

I am going to abuse this bitch more than Robin Williams in Insomnia.

Just a question: If one already participated in four BW suspect tests, can he redeem his Tiering Contributor badge?
i forgot to add this part to the OP but i have done so now:

In addition, in order to maintain your badge, you must have participated in a Suspect Test within the past six months.
so in essence no one will receive his/her badge again until the end of this round, and only those who qualify for this round will qualify for their badge since there hasn't been a test in a long time

I cannot wait to come home tomorrow to see dozens of people complaining how Garchomp is still broken with Sand Veil. I am hoping that will not be the case since Garchomp is freakin' awesome.......and will help balance out rain which will make a lot of people happy.

The timing is a bit awkward for me as I'm about to go into my sophomore year at uni, but what the heck, I'll procrastinate anyway.

Free Garchomp!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Sand Veil Garchomp is claimed to help subside rain abuse, I imagine planting it on my rain team will equally allow for advantage against sand teams.

Regardless, the fact Garchomp is now officially under the microscope for a potential legalilization is a blessing for the new BW metagame.

quick question the people who gain over 1900 will they be able to vte to unban chomp ban him AND complex ban sand veil or just a simple ban/unban

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
So there's an OU ladder and a separate suspect ladder now? Good to hear.

What exactly has changed in the metagame that warrants a retest of SandChomp when it has been voted/proven multiple times to be Uber?

Pocket EDIT: Look here

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Finally a proper suspect test to test the almighty Garchomp! I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and it's great to show people just how well Garchomp works in OU now with all these new OU threats, and isn't in anyway over powered.

Free the Chomp!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The OP! said:
Garchomp will be fully reintroduced into OU on the Suspect Ladder, meaning it can be used with either Rough Skin or Sand Veil. The informal Suspect Ladder implemented a few weeks ago, in addition to the practice BW2 Tours, made it pretty clear that Rough Skin Garchomp isn't even close to being broken, so testing Sand Veil Garchomp will give us a means of determining what to do with Sand Veil as a whole.
I applaud this decision and can't wait to give Garchomp a fair test. This was a great decision to just let Sand Veil have a fair shake in OU.

Time to get some reqs and a badge!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
This will be the best supect round ever.

Except for the first one, of course.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While Rough Skin Chomp may not be broken, I hope people have the heart to remember that Sand Veil Garchomp is indeed very, very broken.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
arguments about sand veil causing garchomp to become overpowered are based on the last meta when garchomp was not banned. that meta did not have therians, it did not have genesect, it did not have shadow tag goth, etc. those arguments are flawed by definition. if garchomp is still overpowered, this ladder will prove it again, but right now there is no conclusive evidence. that's the whole point of the test.

as for sand veil being uncompetitive, that's a whole different story, and i would agree that it still stands to this day, but perhaps sand will be weak enough that the council can overlook it...? let's leave that to our policy people, AFTER the test is done.

Can we not talk about Sand Veil for now? The suspect ladder hasn't even started and the only Sand Veil abuser right now in OU is Gliscor, who mainly runs Poison Heal anyway. Can we at least wait until the ladder STARTS before we think about arguing if Sand Veil or Garchomp or Sand Veil+Garchomp is broken? Otherwise, this thread will be bogged down by opinions that are unyielding and unwilling to accept the one another (myself included) and will go 100% nowhere.

For now, could we just celebrate the fact that we get to test Chomp at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)