NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why something just has to become better than everything else; do you have any proof of this or is it just mindless conjecture?

anyways, I've been using a offensive based team with 3x Stat Up sweepers, a priority revenger, and two other offensively based pseudo supporters. it's been my most successful team so far, because I focus on immunities and synergies while also maintaining a good ability to just punch through everything.

I don't see how SubAlakazam is walled by Registeel. Assuming you Sub on the switch you have a chance to 2HKO with Focus Blast. Zam can be used as a lure to actually weaken Registeel for those 2 Pokemon...

And I've been doing just that with a Modest Zam and a Pursuit user to set up Ambipom. Adamant Fake Out + Last Resort just wrecks teams late in the game.

Regarding hyper offense:

I never leave my Hyper Offense team without Aggron.

To me it seems Aggron is a "must" on hyper offense: it can plow through the meaniest walls with brute force and eventually sweep while providing you with many resistances... something needed for hyper offense.

Even though Aggron isn't a huge threat, it looks like it "fits" on hyper offensive teams like no one IMO.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It also has the nifty bonus of taking on Swellow so that's nice I guess. SPEAKING of Aggro, i've been tinkering with CB Aggron. Man this thing kicks so much ass. I love how it has JUST the right amount of speed JUST to outspeed Milotic, Venusaur and friends. (Unless they are offensive varients/trolls)

I used to think that it was outclassed by Rhyperior, but being able to not get forced out by Milotic is pretty cool.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyway, since I'm considering tinkering with my old HO team (Meaning Raikou needs to be replaced), what's a good set-up sweeper that can is i) Relatively fast ii) Capable of switching into bulky Waters a times a match and threaten them out?? (Venusaur is a bit slow for my tastes)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anyway, since I'm considering tinkering with my old HO team (Meaning Raikou needs to be replaced), what's a good set-up sweeper that can is i) Relatively fast ii) Capable of switching into bulky Waters a times a match and threaten them out?? (Venusaur is a bit slow for my tastes)
Well I don't know... Nintendo didn't give us an eletric type sweeper than potentially do that. Nope, the only thing that comes to mind is subcharge Manetric, and even then HE can't switch into Bulky waters due to it's poor SpD. It doesn't even learn a boosting move.

Hrm... if only there was a pokemon that could do that.
I guess there really isn't any way of replacing that dog.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Growth/Synthesis/Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb Venusaur. That's probably the only thing currently available that can switch into bulky waters multiple times and boost/sweep.

SubMagius with Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball?
highish SpD, great SPE, great SpA; low HP is a let down, however.

Leafeon is nice, although it hates Ice Beam.
It has the plus of Baton Pass: imagine Registeel coming in and you BP to Nidoking.

Use Growth Venusaur if you want a bulky water switchin. I've tried it last round which was a big mistake on my part, but this round it hasn't let me down. Chansey doesn't touch it unless it has t-wave and when you're at +6 you 2KO it with Sludge Bomb. Milo, Omastar I can see it totally wrecking stall. When it's capable of doing that why sacrifice you're defenses for a mixed set?

With all these predictions of what should be UU; like Tauros, I was wondering what people thought will leave for NU.

@Shrang: There is always Toxicroak...Sceptile can switch into Surfs a few times and set up SD.

But yeah that's pretty much it if you're looking for a fast set-up sweeper. <_<

Eh, bulky waters should be running multiple attacks. For example, Milotic should use Surf-Ice Beam-Recover-Hp Grass/Psychic.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Shrang: There is always Toxicroak..
Yeh, I was thinking that too. Has the HP Psychic on Milotic craze died down yet, or Toxicroak still not a safe switch into Milotic??

Anyway, I was just thinking over more "Double-####" combos again and came up with some more. If you can get the support, Rhyperior+Rhydon sounds like a reasonable combo should you base a team around it, and so does Alakazam+Espeon. These Pokemon are almost carbon copies of each other, just one of them being slightly better while the other one is almost (or in Rhydon's case, completely) outclassed.

I have used Alakazam + espeon before. It works... draws out alakazam counters like a charm. I used sub life orb espeon with psychic, hp ground (for registeel, drapion, ect) and signal beam (the other dark guys). Chansey can still be a problem but that thing is non-existent on wifi IME.

The problem is/was devoting 1/3 team to something that is frail as shit and can't switch in on hardly anything.

Doesn't Mismagius lure out the same pokemon that counter Alakazam?
So is it really needed that they need to be of the exact same type or copies of each other?

Exactly what I was going to say Delko. Mismagius is a great lure for Zam's counters. Dark types can be messed around by Mismagius because of Substitute, Chansey can't touch Missy with Substitute or Taunt and a boosting move, and Registeel always takes a few turns to KO Mismagius, allowing you to weaken it for Alakazam to the point where Focus Blast kills. I've also used Destiny Bond Mismagius for the near guaranteed kill on Dark types (maybe except for Shadow Sneak Spiritomb) because it gives you the ability to play mindgames and either take them with you or escape.

I've been using a team with a Toxic Spike user and a few Venusaur lures, and Toxic Spikes really ruin the current metagame. About 18 out of the 50 UU pokes are immune. Toxic Spikes completely rip apart defensive cores like Milotic/Arcanine/Tangrowth/Rhyperior, slow down many sweepers like Torterra and Blaziken, and ruin bulky waters.

But how many Chansey actually switch into Mismagius? I'd hardly call Registeel a good Alakazam switch-in, either, unless it's locked into Psychic or something.

Yeah that's true. I was kind of thinking that Mismagius could switch in on Chansey, start setting up, and attempt to take out the opposing team. It's not exactly a lure, but they have good synergy at least. And many teams rely on Registeel as the initial switch in to Alakazam because of its ability to tank many of Zam's attacks. Focus Blast is really unreliable.

Mismagius doesn't draw out Chansey and Clefable, two main Alakazam counters. Espy would work much better. And Registeel has the possibility to beat Missy, since Iron Head breaks the subs.

Espeon draws Chansey and Clefable out, but can it beat them? Actually, Zam could actually be the lure with Calm Mind and either Taunt/Encore/Recover to set up on Chansey and Clefable. The idea of having two extremely frail sweepers of the same typing severely limits your team though, which leads me to believe that Zam and Mismagius is a better sweeper duo overall.

Espeon draws Chansey and Clefable out, but can it beat them? Actually, Zam could actually be the lure with Calm Mind and either Taunt/Encore/Recover to set up on Chansey and Clefable. The idea of having two extremely frail sweepers of the same typing severely limits your team though, which leads me to believe that Zam and Mismagius is a better sweeper duo overall.
In one of my old teams I used this strategy with Espeon and Mismagius. Espeon lured out Registeel and could nail it with Specs HP Ground or just trick it Choice Specs. This made it easy for SubCM Missy to sweep (this was in Shaymin/Crobat era).

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been using Golduck for the past few days, and I've actually been pretty impressed with it. It has a nice Speed stat of 85, as well as excellent Special Attack. I've been running a Mixed set, which means that it isn't an inferior Milotic, thanks to its ability to beat Chansey. It has pulled off quite a few sweeps, and it's been enjoyable to use. I run enough Speed to outrun base 80's, max Sp Atk, and the moveset is Cross Chop/ Surf/ Ice Beam/ HP Grass. It's also a nice insurance against any kind of weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)