np: UU Stage 3 - We Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Tornadus was going to be great but I was mislead by the term "weather"...it really means Rain. Never knew that.

My experience with Tornadus so far is overall quite good but not overwhelming at all.

Hippowdon is incredible, hits decently hard with Earthquake too.

I think Rhyperior is going to get a lot of action here, countering Darmanitan (Solid Rock will shrug of its Base 2 SpA Grass Knot).

Obviously I'm excited to use Darmanitan, but I wonder if Arcanine will get more use too with Flash Fire / Intimidate to switch in.

Probably going to try Special LO Tini + Choice Scarf Darmanitan as a double-fire U-turn strategy first.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sexy Hippowdon!

I'm gonna have a go at Sand, and Hail too obviously :3
I might even try a rain team with Tornadus and co.
Who says weather is only OU?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Bulk Up Acrobatics Tornadus is gonna be very devastating in uu.
Its only counter in the top 20 is defensive Zapdos.
Even Rotom-H gets 2hkoed with SR but if it has scarf which is a very common set it kills back.
Every other poke that is faster than Tornadus gets 1hkoed by Acrobatics with SR in play namely Heracross,Victini,Flygon(all with a scarf)and Azelf.

SCORE

kay since Tornadus is my favorite Pokemon in UU currently I will like to post a few notes bout what he will be good for.

The best thing he will be used for is as Rain Support, the best part about this is that Tornadus will have 2 choices after he sets up rain he can either A. do what he does best SPAM THE FUCK OUT OF HURRICANE or B. Switch to a pokemon that abuses rain. Choice A is the usual unless Porygon 2 or Chansey decide to come in. By far the most common set will be

move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Hurricane
move 3: U-Turn / Brick Break
move 4: Hidden Power Ground
evs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
item: Damp Rock / Life Orb
nature: Timid

And plus, with Gastrodon gone (lol rhymes) the #1 offender for rain teams is out, so I'm seeing rain as dominant as ever now. Expect a RMT from me with a rain team in a month or so.

I almost forgot, Machamp manhandles hail because of No Guard. Substitute[/Stone Edge] / Payback / DynamicPunch / Bulk Up will eat most hail teams.

I'm having a hard time preparing for Rain, Sand, and Hail as well as regular threats...

Wait, OK so lets try to figure out what is good on Rain teams and counters sandstorm and Hail at the same time, I'm thinking machamp from the start.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think Rhyperior is going to get a lot of action here, countering Darmanitan (Solid Rock will shrug of its Base 2 SpA Grass Knot).
Its like, every time a new UU threat shows up Rhyperior is always there to stop it. Good ole Rhyperior. Caracosta is also a fantastic check to Darmanitan because of its 4X resistance to Flare Blitz and the solid rock ability.

Haha with Hippowdon, Porygon2, Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Machamp dropping down, Hail might not be broken anymore. So much for all the arguments on the previous thread.

EDIT: Woah... Chandelure Specs Fire Blast can 3HKO Chansey

After playing for a little while i must say that this will take some getting used to...

Scarfchamp rules btw, just a shame he doesn't outspeed zam and tornadus...

Machamp being UU... I'm loving it! Gives me an excuse to use it's Gen 4 lead set again, despite the concept of "leads" being somewhat dead, thanks to Team Preview, but I never check that thing anyway.

Here we go, time for me to work on a viable Zen Mode set for Dtan in UU. I'm so excited :)

Question: On Machamps No Guard, does it affect snow cloak as well, or can machamp still miss froslass? Also, he gets bullet punch to outspeed her. I can't see lass being a threat now, with scarf darmani, machamp, tornadus (speed tier), scarf chandelure, and whimsicott out. They all outspeed her some way or another.

Here we go, time for me to work on a viable Zen Mode set for Dtan in UU. I'm so excited :)

Question: On Machamps No Guard, does it affect snow cloak as well, or can machamp still miss froslass? Also, he gets bullet punch to outspeed her. I can't see lass being a threat now, with scarf darmani, machamp, tornadus (speed tier), scarf chandelure, and whimsicott out. They all outspeed her some way or another.
Yes No guard will always hit through snow cloak. The attack lands without fail everytime.

Its like, every time a new UU threat shows up Rhyperior is always there to stop it. Good ole Rhyperior. Caracosta is also a fantastic check to Darmanitan because of its 4X resistance to Flare Blitz and the solid rock ability.
Why those Pokemon instead of the standard Fire counters aka. bulky water types (Milotic / Slowbro / Suicune) or Flash Fire Pokemon (Chandelure is UU now)?

Until then I've got a lot to test, and Gardevoir as well, ugh.

Darmanitan can be checked by FF Chandelure and Arcanine, but in OU, Heatran and Chandelure were both obvious switch ins to a FBspamming Darmanitan, so you want to watch out for him throwing out an earthquake on you.

Machamp and Whimsicott both excite me only because they give the finger to chansey. Stupid bitch blob.

Nothing overwhelming here. Specs Tornadus is damn strong but counterable, Machamp is going to be a nightmare for teams without. Slowbro/Spiritomb. Neither will dominate the ladder.

Also Chandelure is going to get raped by Whirlwind/Crunch Snorlax and Darmanitan is overrated, dies way too fast.

Chandelure has been really fun so far, throwing out Specs Overheats before anyone is prepared for it. Machamp is Machamp, Dynamicpunch is always going to be annoying. This Stage is going to be a shitstorm but a blast nonetheless

Tell me if you think of one because I can't even fathom a remotely effective Zen Mode set.
It's difficult, in OU not even fathomable because of the power creep. I think theres a much better chance to get a set working in UU hopefully. I have to get a skeleton first, how to activate zen mode moderately safe.

No more "waaah, Snow Cloak!!" due to No Gaurd (hopefully). THANK YOU ARCEUS.

And it came just in time too, I don't have to test Gaurd Swap Zam any more!! (anyone have any success with Gaurd Swap Zam, even without Machamp? Might be worth a try)

Im not totally clear on what dropped chandelure into uu. Was it lack of speed? Defenses?
It was something way different,lack of usage to make the cutoff.

Actually, it was all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)