np: UU Suspect Test Round 1 - Sunny Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does weaville garb a swords dance 'easily'. It gets OHKO'd by pretty much any offensive mon and badly damaged by a long list of defensive mons. It's wrecked by priority (even sucker punch) and not strong enough to OHKO andthing defensive that isn't weak to its STABs. I'll be honest it seems good, but nowhere near broken. Especially with choice scarf existing.
After some more playing I found it's not broken. However the point stands about it getting an easy SD. Sigilyph, Mew and Dusclops aren't going to stay in fearing Night Slash. Kyurem won't want to stay in for fear of Low Kick. Altaria won't want to take an Ice Punch. So they're going to switch and that's where you grab the SD.

Well, time to voice my opinions:

Kyurem: Broken as anything. Insane Sp.Arttack, on par with Latios, and you see the destruction caused by Scarf Draco Meteors when you lack... anything with the bulk to take them.

Then there's Blizzards in Hail.

Kyurem has to go.

Chansey: Who cares that this thing dies to Close Combat [And that's about it]? There is such a thing called switching.

Chansey walls everything except set-up physical attackers, CB Azumarill, and Close Combats.

The latter can be switched out of, the former would probobly fall to Toxic, S-Toss and Softboiled before Chansey does.

Also, Deo-D walls Close Combats all day long.

Chansey has to go, the only reason it's UU is because Blissey can actually use attacks. Otherwise, it's technically superior.

Deyoxys - D:
I'm no good at spelling thing's name, so I'm just gonna call it Deo-D after this.

This thing is nigh impossible to take down. You can't set up on it, it has Taunt. Cosmic Power makes it invunerable to... everythig bar crits, which won't OHKO it unless it's something like Night Slash from Absol.

Toxic can cause issues, but again, Taunt, and other support moves.

Deo-D can stall you until the cows come home, and can also set up hazards with absolute impunity. Needs to go.

---

Other than that, right now, nothing stands out as broken to me.

Sun might be an issue, however, I run what is possibly the perfect counter to it. A Bulky Dragon Dance Altaria, with Cloud Nine.

It basically shrugs off everything and anything Sun can throw at it, except HP Ice, while it sets up in their faces.

---

Speaking of Altaria, best Set-Up Dragon in UU. I run a physically bulky Altaria, with Dragon Dance, Roost, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake. If it gets set up, it's game over.

The EV's still need tweaking, however. I could stand to lose a bit of bulk and put some more in offense.

---

Raikou is also beastly. Magnet Rise + Calm Mind is simply insane, giving Raikou no weaknesses. Between HP Ice and Thunderbolt, everything dies.

Unfortunetly, everything excludes Chansey and Deo-D... I seriously should consider running a T-Spiker.

---
Nidoking is a brilliant revenge killer.
---
Azumarill too, and he can afford to run Waterfall with so many pokemon who can take advantage of it in OU.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting to say Weavile is absolutely broken. It outruns the whole metagame, can grab a Swords Dance easily and once it's got that boost it OHKOs everything in sight. Ban please.
Weavile cannot set up easily at all, and is by no means broken. However, if it does get set up, few things can stop it. Scarfers do a good job revenge killing, but unless they are bulky or resist Ice, a +2 Ice Shard will still hurt. Arcanine can hit it with Extremespeed, but that won't OHKO and is best for picking off weakened Weavile. Hitmontop, however if a perfect stop to it. Not hurt too badly by Ice Shard and has Fake Out + other priority to finish it off. However, outside those few checks, Weavile can pretty much OHKO everything after a boost. I have gotten more sweeps of 5+ Pokemon with Weavile then I ever have with anyone in any other tier. Just make sure it can't set up though, and it shouldn't be a problem.

He's my favorite UU Pokemon. please don't say we should ban him. Not that he even comes close to being broken.

How does weaville garb a swords dance 'easily'. It gets OHKO'd by pretty much any offensive mon and badly damaged by a long list of defensive mons. It's wrecked by priority (even sucker punch) and not strong enough to OHKO andthing defensive that isn't weak to its STABs. I'll be honest it seems good, but nowhere near broken. Especially with choice scarf existing.
Ninjask is a great supporter with Sash and SD and Protect, you +2 Atk/ +2 Spe most of the time and pass it to somebody else to wreck with.

Weavile cannot set up easily at all, and is by no means broken. However, if it does get set up, few things can stop it. Scarfers do a good job revenge killing, but unless they are bulky or resist Ice, a +2 Ice Shard will still hurt. Arcanine can hit it with Extremespeed, but that won't OHKO and is best for picking off weakened Weavile. Hitmontop, however if a perfect stop to it. Not hurt too badly by Ice Shard and has Fake Out + other priority to finish it off. However, outside those few checks, Weavile can pretty much OHKO everything after a boost. I have gotten more sweeps of 5+ Pokemon with Weavile then I ever have with anyone in any other tier. Just make sure it can't set up though, and it shouldn't be a problem.

He's my favorite UU Pokemon. please don't say we should ban him. Not that he even comes close to being broken.
I already said how he can set up easily.
Sigilyph, Mew and Dusclops aren't going to stay in fearing Night Slash. Kyurem won't want to stay in for fear of Low Kick. Altaria won't want to take an Ice Punch. So they're going to switch and that's where you grab the SD.
So yeah. He's not broken, I already stated that in my previous post, but he's extremely dangerous.

OK. Back Now i've played a few battles. Wobbuffet is definately broken. Barring crits and bad play, he will get one kill every single match. I mean, this is a pokemon that can shrug off some of the most powerful hits in the game in Ubers, and it's sitting here in UU where nothing can touch it. I had mine live +4 Kingdra Waterfall and OHKO back with Counter. You can't setup on it, because if you do I will encore and go to scarf Flygon of CBlax for the kill. As long as you take care to avoid toxic, it cannot really lose. Also it wins PP stalls on it's own, and if Chansey doesn't have toxic you can easily kill that too. Tickle times 6 -> CB Snorlax Pursuit = one very dead Chansey. Even if you don't switch you get wrecked. It eliminates most sun sweepers too, because I encore the setup and go to Flygon to OHKO with sun boosted Fire Blast.
Yeah. Wobby is broken.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK. Back Now i've played a few battles. Wobbuffet is definately broken. Barring crits and bad play, he will get one kill every single match. I mean, this is a pokemon that can shrug off some of the most powerful hits in the game in Ubers, and it's sitting here in UU where nothing can touch it. I had mine live +4 Kingdra Waterfall and OHKO back with Counter. You can't setup on it, because if you do I will encore and go to scarf Flygon of CBlax for the kill. As long as you take care to avoid toxic, it cannot really lose. Also it wins PP stalls on it's own, and if Chansey doesn't have toxic you can easily kill that too. Tickle times 6 -> CB Snorlax Pursuit = one very dead Chansey. Even if you don't switch you get wrecked. It eliminates most sun sweepers too, because I encore the setup and go to Flygon to OHKO with sun boosted Fire Blast.
Yeah. Wobby is broken.

I don't use Flygon or Snorlax, but I can attest to similar things. It seems like every time I face a sun team it ends up with Sawsbuck KOing one of my Pokes, and me sending in Wobbs. If they attack I KO it back. If they SD (more likely) I switch to Weavile, SD myself, OHKO with Ice Shard and go on a full team sweep.

If it wasn't for Wobbs, that would never happen.

Weavile is not as broken as Sun and Kyu since every poke in the tier has something, even the psyquic types have focus blast to kill him if he tried to SD, then it's a predict game and i don't see how that is ba, if you predict correctly you kill him, if you lose you lose a poke, a poke for a poke, a fair risk if you ask me, Vistini id broken under the sun, so i say ban vulpix and leave victini for a test whitout it, deo D has horrible life and is slow as hell (everything can taunt him if he lacks magic coat, and if he does then he doesn't have taunt himslef so you can set up on him) you better have something that can stand a Dragon Meteor and a V-create in the sun if you want to live in the actual metagame, most other pokes don't require all the much set-up

You're kidding me, right? This is way too fast to start banning things.

I'm just waiting for the "ban this because it's obviously OU/Uber" logic to set in.

That said I'm afraid I probably will not have the time to get on the ladder this time around. Was really hoping to get some fun out of Mew before it gets kneejerk banned.

If you saw the calcs i posted in the second page you wouldn't say is too early, still i'm using a TR team and it's awesome since everything is so fast and it works pretty well vs the broken stuff (chlorphyll sweepers) and really make the not-broken-but-powerfull Shell Smash Passing so easy to destroy (That DOESN'T mean sun is not broken since a good sun team carries slowbro or chansey making it still hard to counter)

PS: the fact nobody uses cresselia is beyond me, she's awesomely good

You're kidding me, right? This is way too fast to start banning things.

I'm just waiting for the "ban this because it's obviously OU/Uber" logic to set in.

That said I'm afraid I probably will not have the time to get on the ladder this time around. Was really hoping to get some fun out of Mew before it gets kneejerk banned.
You just like bitching about others, don't you? NOBODY has said that mew should be gone. While I am a bit alramed at former ubers here in UU, the only pokes that should be even considered for Ubers this round are Vicini and possibly chansey, depending on how we feel about banning defensive threats.

Besides, this is just discussion. Its not like everyone here decides what happens, we just discuss what might or might not happen.

So I know Sun and Hail are all the groove right now, but has anyone else given sand a fair shot? Evolite Hippo is a fairly good defensive tank, sporting 340/420/181 defenses.

I've been running CB Stoutland, and holy shit that thing is both powerful and fast. I've also been given the old SubSD Rhyperior a spin, who's been pulling his weight dealing with certain walls, as well as Victini.

I really haven't seen much hail, it seems like sun if the hot dollar right now, but yeah, I have seen some really strong sun teams. Regirock is also a beast.

Stoutland's viability is similar to chanseys, I assume. The lack of strong fighting types is UU make this guy all the better =).

I'm hoping to revive something similar to my balanced 4th Gen UU team, which was my best team from last gen. Cradily was its centrepiece, and hopefully if I can make it deal with Hail and Sun reasonably it'll work out nicely. Sand does seem like it'll work out fine, but looks to be the less offensive weather like it is in OU.

I'm sticking with my Drought team still.

First of all, Arcanine is shockingly good. This is a guy who was on one of the best Sun RMTs in OU....now he's UU. He can Flare Blitz spam, revenge with Extremespeed, kill off Slowbro with Wild Charge, and recover off recoil with Morning Sun.

Crobat is also good. It has an amazingly fast Taunt and U-Turn and Roost and stuff.

If a pokemon has zero checks or counters to a set, then it IS broken.

So based off the calculations provided Kyruem is broken. The fact that you are arguing a 680 BST pokemon in UU isn't broken is somewhat lolworthy.
There's been no evidence that any of Kyurem's sets has no checks, just that there is no one Pokemon that checks all of them.

I suppose my previous post was unclear, but that was what I meant to say. Based on the evidence provided, each of Kyurem's sets individually have some Pokemon capable of checking or countering them. The fact that those Pokemon are not the same for every set does not make it broken.

Also, you seem to have misunderstood my stance. I'm not saying that Kyurem is not broken; I'm saying that there is insufficient evidence to declare it broken at this time.

Blaziken had check of every set, and not for that it remained OU, i whink is the same with kyu, it may not have the same raw power, but it's ten times bulkier, Arcanine's close combat didn't OHKO with max health, while he easily dragon tail (at that point i had allready done that to two pokes and he wasn't comming back beacuse of spikes and SR, that's to extreme), even worst, this guy is more broken here than it was ever on PO since terakoin and darmatian are OU, and you can't predict perfectly it's set until you have been hitted one and that's probably gonna cost you a poke

Yeah Chansey would be broken if physical attacks didn't exist, but they do. I'll admit that it's extremely annoying when it runs heal bell and you subroost zapdos has poisoned their whole team and then they heal bell, but that can be said for any bulky heal beller. It's extraordinarily good at sponging special hits - and that's about it. Lacking defense and offense cripple it somewhat, seing as it's setup fodder for pokemon sck as taunt/swords dance Cobalion.

LOL AT PEOPLE WANTING TO BAN CHANSEY.

Hint: Psyshock
Its called switching out. And psyshock from a timid azelf is still a 3-4 hit ko...

Chansey is not broken even slightly. All it does it take hits without doing anything back.
I disagree. With the lack of steels, toxic stalling threats is incredibly easily. And the poison types that are seeing play can't ouch him (Nidoking is the one that comes to mind).

The lack of good fighting types in the meta also leads to chansey being really good. Heracross and hitmontop are the only strong ones, and even LO hitmontop can't OHKO chansey with Close Combat.

There are an inordinate number of ways around chansey. Taunt, ghosts (especially haunter), rest, physical fighters (esp heracross), subseed, any strong physical attacker, dugtrio, roar + spikes/sr, toxic spikes, general residual damage, clerics, natural cure, or boosted psyshocks. I have had absolutely no problem dispatching chansey on any of my teams.

I'm pretty sure I've already talked about sand a bit but I'll say it again: rhyperior is a monster. Took 55% from lo moltres hp grass. Sand isn't only viable, it's a force in this meta full of strong special moves with that pretty 1.5x boost. Again, I'll make a thread for it as soon as I get home.

Its called switching out. And psyshock from a timid azelf is still a 3-4 hit ko...

I disagree. With the lack of steels, toxic stalling threats is incredibly easily. And the poison types that are seeing play can't ouch him (Nidoking is the one that comes to mind).

The lack of good fighting types in the meta also leads to chansey being really good. Heracross and hitmontop are the only strong ones, and even LO hitmontop can't OHKO chansey with Close Combat.
Hitmonlee, Gallade, and Cobalion say hi.

Chansey is a top-tier Pokemon, but unless it reaches the point where it's impossible to reasonably beat or force out, it's not broken. There doesn't seem to yet be any evidence of that, and even if there was, it won't hold any weight until the strategies are given time to develop. Right now, as far as I can tell, we're all just flinging shit against the wall and waiting to see what will work in this new tier; of course we're not going to have any idea what the best way to handle certain threats will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)