NU Discussion Thread (Mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point it's to kill shedi in that turn and not let him alive to tank any other pokemon.
What?

Toxic poison hurts the Pokemon at the end of the turn. So Shedinja still gets to attack. Pluck hits at the beginning, then Focus Sash activates allowing Shedinja to attack, but then next turn it dies.

Umm, we're talking about Bibarel here. Bibarel will destroy Shedinja before it can wall any of your team.

What?

Toxic poison hurts the Pokemon at the end of the turn. So Shedinja still gets to attack. Pluck hits at the beginning, then Focus Sash activates allowing Shedinja to attack, but then next turn it dies.

Umm, we're talking about Bibarel here. Bibarel will destroy Shedinja before it can wall any of your team.
Shedinja may have Sucker Punch, allowing it to attack you twice if you use Pluck. Toxic will cause it to promptly die, giving it only 1 attack no matter what. Additionally, Toxic can be used for more general purposes if Bibarel needs to be brought early. Poisoning your opponent's tank is always useful.

Shedinja may have Sucker Punch, allowing it to attack you twice if you use Pluck. Toxic will cause it to promptly die, giving it only 1 attack no matter what. Additionally, Toxic can be used for more general purposes if Bibarel needs to be brought early. Poisoning your opponent's tank is always useful.
Problem is that toxic has very limited use, and anyway bibarels pluck could easily be useful for finishing the numerous bug and grasstypes, such as leafeon or venomoth.

Problem is that toxic has very limited use, and anyway bibarels pluck could easily be useful for finishing the numerous bug and grasstypes, such as leafeon or venomoth.
most grass and bug types wont enjoy STAB superfang and anyway should you encounter a steel you can destroy them with superpower so i dont see why toxic cant be used to destroy shedineija

most grass and bug types wont enjoy STAB superfang and anyway should you encounter a steel you can destroy them with superpower so i dont see why toxic cant be used to destroy shedineija
STAB is irrelevant since it simply cuts their HP in half.

Personally, Toxic is more useful than Pluck since Leafeon can switch in on an un-boosted Pluck with no worry. Instead of being greedy and trying to kill Leafeon immediately, I would rather badly poison it on the switchin, switch to Aggron/Bastiodon/Probopass, and set up Stealth Rock as it switches out.

Dunsparce looks like it could be a serious threat.

Serene Grace, running Ancient Power/Ice Beam/Charge Beam/Roost maybe?

Next turn he SWITCHES and tank your lovely gardevoir later.

Shedinja may have Sucker Punch, allowing it to attack you twice if you use Pluck. Toxic will cause it to promptly die, giving it only 1 attack no matter what.
How about Lum
Sheddies? The thing are not that uncommon, IIRC. The point is that we can never know what the opponent's dudes carry before the showdown. Sure, you can simply toss Sucker Punch or any other SE priority(this stuff isn't related with Bibarel), but how we can know that his Sheddy have a Lum or Sash? Plain impossible.

I am loving the high usage of dusclops, since most noobs will just spam pain split at about 50-75% health. Free healing on my weakened pokes.

There is almost no reason for a Shedinja to use a lum berry. "It prevents status" - a smart Shedinja player will predict status and switch out.
Thanks, so I'm wrong about Lum Sheddies. But on the other side, I've even read some BS about CB Sheddy (although I can't see how the defense work - such a cannon would torn apart in a hit from the right angle).

Anyway, the point is without proper knowledge (which unfortunately I suffers from it for now), we can't get a peek on his item.

In fairness cb shedinja isnt too bad, especially with trick at its disposal. It just needs to more careful on the switch.

Next turn he SWITCHES and tank your lovely gardevoir later.
But the point is that you will never even bring your gardevoir in, because bibarel can sweep the whole opposing team.

And I'd personally just run superfang to hit walls before the pass, since shedinja is rare and I run two ghosts (sometimes 3) so stealth rock almost always stays down.

Something I'm going to look at is the effectivness of Gastrodon in NU. Gastrodon would function very well in a number of roles.

Tanking: Base 111HP/68Def/82 Sp.Def is impressive in NU, especially when you throw in Curse, Stockpile, Amnesia, and Recover, as well as a rather good typing, Ground/Water, giving only 1 weakness, Grass.

Attacking: Speed sits at a low Base 39, But base 83 Attack, and Base 92 sp.attack makes Gastrodon viable for a mixed set, like Swampert. Body Slam can also slow down fast foes, and physical attack can be boosted with Curse, and Recover to turn you into an offensive tank.

Support: None, not even Rocks.

A walling combination of Gastrodon and Vespiquen might be possible, due to the x4 resist to Grass from Vespiquen, while Gastrodon can handle Vespiquen's weaknesses, particually Fire types. A spinner would help as well, due to Rocks killing Vespiquen. 50% off.

whats the link to that (un)official (??) NU forum? There was some good stuff but I kinda lost the link <<

I've just started playing NU and its fun, but I cant give any analysis right now, since I am new to this metagame, which is why I try to test out the allowed Pokemon.

Raikiria reminded me that if you have a spinner, vespiquen can be a very good wall. 70/102/102 is quite good for NU, and he has something over the leafice combo in reliable recovery and mixed walling.

Raikiria reminded me that if you have a spinner, vespiquen can be a very good wall. 70/102/102 is quite good for NU, and he has something over the leafice combo in reliable recovery and mixed walling.
the problem is she has a poor movepool and such low speed that the majorly of steels,rocks and fires can just set up on her without any problem although her attacking stats are decent for a wall it doesnt have alot of offensive options

Luxray is mentioned multiple times, is featured on the usage stats, and the speed tiers but is not mentioned on the threat list. It can be a stellar lead, the one ChouToshio had once invented. Scarf Primeape can also be a viable lead at this point.

I will hit the ladder later after a shower, and breakfast.

Stall is probably the best style of play at the moment. There are a few hard hitters that can break a stall team, but for the most part the average Nu team is quite helpless against stall. With a few layers of entry hazards up, it is very difficult to lose, because many pokemon in NU rely on setting up, allowing you to phaze out the opposing pokemon, continuing to rack up hazard damage. Stall versus Stall is a tough fight every time however, as neither team can spin, so you really have to plan ahead and force a lot of switches if you want to win.

the problem is she has a poor movepool and such low speed that the majorly of steels,rocks and fires can just set up on her without any problem although her attacking stats are decent for a wall it doesnt have alot of offensive options
That's part of the reason why I was suggesting Vespiquen with Gastrodon, Fires, Steels, and Grounds are all helpless against Gastrodon's Ground/Water attacks, and are all one or two hit KO'ed. Attack Order from Vespqien takes a chunk out of Grass Types, while she x4 resists them. Both have reliable recovery. In a way, they could be an 'offensive stall' combination, not just stalling in the normal sence, but being viable threats in the attacking department too.

Vespqien isn't helpless against Fire types, BTW, if it used Defend Order on the switch, it can then use Power Gem for a SE hit, taking quite a chunk of Ninetails, ect.

The more I talk about a Vespi-don combo, the more I want to try it, but I've not finished trying Gastrodon yet, as what is effectivly a less predictable Swampert in NU, due to being able to Stall, and Attack, and use Recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)