Official "I want to edit an analysis" thread (read first post)

Life, Sleep Talk Swampert can be good. It hits hard enough when you compare it to the hits it can take.

Anyway, I think Chimecho's analysis needs to be rewritten as it makes out that Chimecho sucks. In NU, it is actually pretty good and Yawn should be on the Special Sweeper set. Murkrow needs to be mentioned specifically as a counter since it is NU and is immune to Psychic/Yawn. Mightyena, too as it is also immune to Psychic, and although it can be Yawned, it can Heal bell if another teammate gets Yawned and put to Sleep.

For Tentacruel's analysis, the third set suggests an illegal combination of egg moves. You CAN have Confuse Ray, Mirror Coat, and Barrier, but you cannot have Confuse Ray, Mirror Coat, and Rapid Spin/Haze. Also, I'm not even sure that's a viable moveset...

I still like my own Registeel moveset from page 5 better than the Toxic set, personally.

I'd use it more, but I haven't been on NB much lately.
I don't see how a Sleep Talking Registeel with only 1 physical attack move would do well in that Toxic set. =\ Taking a pretty big risk.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Kingdos
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 12 HP / 220 Atk / 24 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute / Thunder Wave / Rest
- Thunder / Thunderbolt

A mixed attacking Zapdos, it gets the job done pretty well, too. It has enough attack to 2HKO a Celebi with max HP and less than 261 def, and enough sp. attack to 3HKO a Snorlax with Thunder if it has 500~ HP and 300 special defense. This is why I prefer Thunder over Thunderbolt.

Substitute is the best out of the three fillers, imo, as Thunder Wave does almost nothing to Zapdos' common counters. Rest, of course, if you have heal bell support. 242 Speed is all you will ever need, as you aren't going to be outrunning much of what you're trying to hit. Overall, I love this Zapdos, and although it is not a team player like BP or Rest Talk Zapdos, it deals massive damage to the opposing team. Blissey will always wall this, though. Handle it with care and you will see why it rocks.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Kingdos
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 12 HP / 220 Atk / 24 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute / Thunder Wave / Rest
- Thunder / Thunderbolt

A mixed attacking Zapdos, it gets the job done pretty well, too. It has enough attack to 2HKO a Celebi with max HP and less than 261 def, and enough sp. attack to 2HKO a Snorlax with Thunder if it has 500~ HP and 300 special defense. This is why I prefer Thunder over Thunderbolt.

Substitute is the best out of the three fillers, imo, as Thunder Wave does almost nothing to Zapdos' common counters. Rest, of course, if you have heal bell support. 242 Speed is all you will ever need, as you aren't going to be outrunning much of what you're trying to hit. Overall, I love this Zapdos, and although it is not a team player like BP or Rest Talk Zapdos, it deals massive damage to the opposing team. Blissey will always wall this, though. Handle it with care and you will see why it rocks.
Wouldn't it be easy prey though against say.. a Nidoking or Charizard with max speed and Rock Slide? Even a Feraligatr could get an advantage against a Zapdos that's so slow.

I mean, nowadays you see people cover more defenses than anything else but at the same time they also go for physical sweepers with CB and max attack/speed.

Wouldn't it be easy prey though against say.. a Nidoking or Charizard with max speed and Rock Slide? Even a Feraligatr could get an advantage against a Zapdos that's so slow.

I mean, nowadays you see people cover more defenses than anything else but at the same time they also go for physical sweepers with CB and max attack/speed.
You don't leave a Zapdos in against a Nidoking. You will probably fear Charizard bcause of its Overheat/Flamethrower. lol @ Feraligator mention.

@Karrot, a Zapdos with max SATK/Thunder can't even 2hko Snorlax without HP/SDEF. How did you do your calculations, your EV can 3kho Snorlax and 2hko Celery.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your EVs will 3HKO Snorlax 29% of the time and 4HKO the rest, assuming 500 HP and 300 SDef (with Thunder).

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Eh, that was a typo. I meant to type 3HKO. I might as mention it works well with spikes, I didn't really do a lot of research on it.

Change Sleep Talk Heracross' moveset to
Megahorn
Brick Break/Rock Slide
Rest/Brick Break
Sleep Talk

For predicting sleep powders and stuff (but I used choice band D:) w/ Guts :) Also Sleep talk doesn't hit rest when theres no rest being used.

Or maybe make it a new set altogether (btw, it works, I can switch this into stuff like Breloom and Milotic and pwn them ^_^).

Change Sleep Talk Heracross' moveset to
Megahorn
Brick Break/Rock Slide
Rest/Brick Break
Sleep Talk

For predicting sleep powders and stuff (but I used choice band D:) w/ Guts :) Also Sleep talk doesn't hit rest when theres no rest being used.

Or maybe make it a new set altogether (btw, it works, I can switch this into stuff like Breloom and Milotic and pwn them ^_^).
@ Leftovers
Guts

Sleep Talk Heracross

This thing can be so useful at times. Rock Slide or Brick Break is up to you, but Rock Slide is a tad more useful due to hitting things like Salamence, Gyarados and Gengar. His attacks hit hard during Sleep due to the Guts activation giving you essentially the same boost as a Choice Band. Although it requires a bit of luck, he makes a great Sleep absorber with this set. Light Screen support can also help this duder a lot (and since it also saves you a bit of EVs in that area).

Umm... Milotic edit.

Please add this set, quite a bunch of people use this...

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 20 Spd / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Surf

On the Diglett House Forums, I wrote an analysis for Milotic and Rekt provided me the set above, a lot of people agreed it needed a mention. (Tazzler, Dragon Dance, IIRC more people)

Skarmory Movesets:

Skarmory@Choice Band/ Leftovers
Adamant/Impish Nature
~ Drill Peck
~ Steel Wing
~ HP Fighting/Curse
~ Rock Slide

This isnt really my set; someone used this on me with an Agility-Pass Zapdos. Really caught me off guard.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
~ Taunt
~ Counter
~ Drill Peck
~ Rest/Curse

lol forces people into attacking right into Counter. Curse is kind of a filler, but it will let you take Focus Punches easier. Rest is good if you have a Beller (Blissey is best) on your team to ward it off.

Unorthodox sets, but they WILL work because no one suspects them. If these have already been suggested, i apologize.

I also think HP Dragon on Kingdra's Additional Attack options for STAB and no resistance (besides Shedinja) with STAB Surf.

Skarmory Movesets:

Adamant/Impish Nature
~ Drill Peck
~ Steel Wing
~ HP Fighting/Curse
~ Rock Slide

This isnt really my set; someone used this on me with an Agility-Pass Zapdos. Really caught me off guard.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
~ Taunt
~ Counter
~ Drill Peck
~ Rest/Curse

lol forces people into attacking right into Counter. Curse is kind of a filler, but it will let you take Focus Punches easier. Rest is good if you have a Beller (Blissey is best) on your team to ward it off.

Unorthodox sets, but they WILL work because no one suspects them. If these have already been suggested, i apologize.

I also think HP Dragon on Kingdra's Additional Attack options for STAB and no resistance (besides Shedinja) with STAB Surf.
Counters for Skarm are special pokemons. How do you think Skarm is going to leave a lasting impact since it can't stay in and fight? (Spike/Toxic at least harms your opponents dearly)

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Skarmory Movesets:

Adamant/Impish Nature
~ Drill Peck
~ Steel Wing
~ HP Fighting/Curse
~ Rock Slide

I've been debating adding Choice Band Skarmory for a while now.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
~ Taunt
~ Counter
~ Drill Peck
~ Rest/Curse

People will switch to a Special attacker at the sight of Skarmory, and thus Counter will be rendered useless.

Tackle Mudkip is also unexpected.

And what is HP Dragon going to hit harder than the combination of Surf and Ice Beam? The only thing I can think of is Water types, meaning you might as well use HP Grass or Electric.

On articunoos analysis teh writer said that Mind reader + Sheer cold does not work ,but why ?If you have spikes then it does work ,just use mind reader on teh opponent and he switches himself in teh spikes ,or if he doesn't hes dead .

obi

formerly david stone
Also lol at Pursuit. That won't even OHKO Shedinja with Smeargle's pitiful Special Attack stat.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The Counters section of Beedrill's analysis say its counters have to watch out for HP Bug and Signal Beam. Beedrill doesn't learn Signal Beam. However, Signal Beam is an option on Dewgong for novelty to get past the Psychic special walls of UU.

Jynx doesn't have an other options section.

Porygon2 and Gardevoir should be Magneton counters because they can trace Magnet Pull. P2 can use HP Ground (lol) and Gardy can Fire Punch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)