Official Smogon YouTube Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that one a lot Locopoke, the only thing I have to say is add the word "Videos" somewhere, and maybe put a little jingle in the background.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I was thinking of putting like "smogon unniversity ON YOUTUBE" or something, as for the music im just going to have the battle music begin playing when the video starts since i cant find any good 5 second audio to go there lol

Is there any pre-requisites for Hypercam2? Because I get this error message when I try to run the executable:

"This application has failed to start because MClick2.dll was not found. Re-intalling the application may fix this problem."

My computer recently messed up, but I can't think of what the problem could be.

Edit: Thanks locopoke. Here's a working download link for any body who still needs it:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-13633_4-10004511.html?spi=07f5a8184c9f92d22d4d0b297c1f9bca

locopoke

Banned deucer.
yeah my bad, the rapidshare link doesn't work, it didn't upload all of the nessecary components to run hypercam2. just search "download hypercam2" on google and one of the first results will have it

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was thinking of putting like "smogon unniversity ON YOUTUBE" or something, as for the music im just going to have the battle music begin playing when the video starts since i cant find any good 5 second audio to go there lol
sounds good to me if you capitalise the S and U (and spell university right too :P, but I dunno if capitalisation is needed for on youtube.) Whatever gets the uploads rolling again works for me!

sounds good to me if you capitalise the S and U (and spell university right too :P, but I dunno if capitalisation is needed for on youtube.) Whatever gets the uploads rolling again works for me!
I like that one a lot Locopoke, the only thing I have to say is add the word "Videos" somewhere, and maybe put a little jingle in the background.

Hey guys a lot of the discussion on the page is people who don't seem to understand the ever so basic tiering system and how it's decided. I think a video should be made, explaining how a Pokemon is sorted into tiers. If no one else does, I'll do a video if I get bored Saturday or in my lab at school next week. If people like it, it can go on the smogon page. Otherwise, I can just place it on my own YouTube.
It's whatev Kev. Just throwing it out there.

Hey guess who just got trolled by youtube (or fun sucking google). Apparently our Ultimate Cup Semifinals match video got removed because it "Matched third party content." We should probably audioswap it or something. But in the future, we have to somehow make sure this doesn't happen. It would get pretty annoying for people not being able to watch just because of our background music choice.

Edit: Okay, I looked for some videos on youtube on how to resolve copyright, and it didn't work. I have no resolve copyright button on my videos page. We better come up with some kind of resolution fast, otherwise I think two more of our videos are going to be deleted.

Edit again: Nevermind, I think it works now. Thanks uclafan101. This might not work everytime though, so we *might* want to come up with some kind of a solution.

Hey guess who just got trolled by youtube (or fun sucking google). Apparently our Ultimate Cup Semifinals match video got removed because it "Matched third party content." We should probably audioswap it or something. But in the future, we have to somehow make sure this doesn't happen. It would get pretty annoying for people not being able to watch just because of our background music choice.
No, dont audioswap it I know a way where you can dispute the problem and win just about 99% of the time and get your audio back. Audioswap doesnt work very well. Trust me i know from experience. I can send the link of the video that shows the way to dispute.

If you guys were looking for someone to help contribute to this channel, I'll be more than willing to help. I make great videos with great effects.

I use:
Hypercam 2 (Registered) to record movies
Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas 7.0 to edit the films. If you would like to see a preview of what I can do or if I can help in anyway, just tell me. I'll be more than willing to help.

Really don't like how that looks......

Perhaps you can cut out the whole text box where people are tallking and have what happens show up in big easier to read letters? So just copying and pasting the battle log but making it bigger and easier to read, cause frankly, it's hard to follow/read the battle in it's current state.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I was thinking about that too since all of the talking makes it hard to read the logs.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Yeah sure. Whenever there's a BOTW or a tournament Final match feel free to record it. Eventually I'll put the Intro up for download so that whoever records matches can edit their video and put the intro in. Once your video is editted, PM it to me and if it's good then I'll upload it.

Hey, can someone give me the log for the BOTW. I want to try and mess around with it so the video will be better (basically making the moves the players made much clearer).

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty sure Phillip has it and I think Earthworm does too, you can ask one of them for it or I can try and get it.

Also, no offense to any of you guys who have been trying to help out, but I changed the password of the account. Honestly not many people with the password have actually done anything and I didn't feel comfortable having so many people know the password. Don't worry though, eventually once I see who's active and who isn't I'll give out the password again, but as of now if you have a video to upload then PM me with a rapidshare link and I'll approve it and upload it.

I took people's suggestions to make the turns more readable. So far I'm getting used to doing it in GIMP, but this one took me about five minutes. This is just a rough sketch though, feel free to try it yourself. But anyways, does anyone forsee any problems with this? It seems like a much better option then trying to read the log.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I had uploaded the Free Rayquaza finals and apparently within a minute or two Youtube disabled the audio. But for some reason I could still hear it (as well as the few people who viewed it). I took it off of the channel for now because i messed up on movie maker and I didn't make the song play all the way through the video, so I'll fix that and get the vid back up ASAP. As for the audio thing, as long as people can hear it it's fine I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)