Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
No offense, but you shouldn't feel more confident about your team because you beat a noob with Palkia, Kyogre, Latios, and Ho-Oh. You should see how your team stacks up against the good Japanese players.

Yeah... I know, but you gotta admit, going 20 and 0 on my first try ever at pvp wifi sure did give my confidece a boost! :D

I'll definitely take your advice though for a li'l dose of reality. Props to all the Smogon finalists/winners at London and Dallas! ^.6

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
its slsat, they occur everyweekend night on #SLSAT, pablo lfusion or i host them, be there and play

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
its the irc, internet relay chat, the server all smogon rooms are on irc.synirc.net, the room #SLSAT, there will be one tonight but i won't actually be there though

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Random drawings are so despicable...

Well, I don't know if I should go to Berlin ; the travel is quite expensive and if more than 128 people show up and I don't get selected once again... *sigh*

Well, at least I met some cool smogoners like underdawg, Wichu and Havak.
Congrats to Wichu's little brother for winning Juniors division ! :P
I got D/Qed before the first round, apparently having more than one of an exclusive TM is enough to disqualify me.
Trading TMs from another game or cloning at the GTS isn't allowed ?
That's a crappy reason for DQing you...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations Alakapimp and good luck in St.Louis. Hopefully I'll get in in Philadelphia next week and make it as far as well.

There were only about 130 people at London for seniors and apparently only 12 for juniors, by the way. Should be similar in Paris and Berlin. Both myself, my brother and my friend got in so it should be no big deal.

Anyway, I had a look at the hackchecker while they used it on "illegal Blissey" guy. It's a huuge cartridge which they put into the DS machine after they remove your cart, and then it loads up like a game, only it has blank details on the DS menu screen. It then loads up a black screen with green and red code on there, with what seems to be an algorithm for hackchecking. I think legit things are in green and illegit things are in red. And it all scrolls down through both DS screens which is pretty cool. No real things I know about what's legit or not other than a huge amount of items can get you kicked out.

Trading TMs from another game or cloning at the GTS isn't allowed ?
That's a crappy reason for DQing you...
I actually think that they would have a problem with cloning, if they somehow found out that you had done it (maybe if you had a box of something like Darkrai with the exact same stats or something). I'd say that if you have 99 of an exclusive TM / Master Balls / etc., then it's pretty obvious that you have cheated, but anything less than... say... 10 or so could easily have been traded from other games. As far as Rare Candies go, you can get a ton of them now through Liam's/Celeste's Blissey, so a high amount of those is actually reasonable.

Zog, you don't know what was illegal about the Blissey, do you? I'm just curious.

The moveset apparently. I don't know what the moveset was though. That and the said the guy had been "acting suspiciously" according to labcoat guy which, despite sounding quite funny, must have had at least some base in it. Maybe he was talking to people about Pokésav or something. I have no idea really.

Was the guy who got DQed before the quarter finals named Luigi, by the way? Because he beat my brother in the third round then was due to fight Shoe, but disappeared. Shoe says he was DQed. He was a small guy in a cream jacket or something.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just got in from London. Video of the finals will be uploaded as soon as possible.
Wichu I knew your little bro would win as soon as he showed me that team. :)

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^ Agreeing with Kinneas there, from the slight glimse I got of their match, I could tell he knew what he was doing. Congrats to him (Y)

Holy shit, I'm starting to feel a little guilty about losing my match. If Smogon sweeps the rest of the regionals I might be a little pissed :P

Congrats Alakapimp!

Congratz to Alakapimp winning Dallas! Yet to see some videos from both Dallas and London. Diesel, I find it funny that Seattle was the only regional without a Smogon win thanks to you (you still played well). I'm worried about Philly because of the sheer amount of people and I don't have my Cresselia yet. Also, 18 or 19 Smogoners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)