Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Well dragon9 text me about an hour ago and said he and his friend both got in.

EDIT: lol d9 lost round 2 to some scizor smeargle lead.

Okay, I'm back home. My warstory will be up soon but yeah. This guy crit me with x-scissor which KO'd my Trick Roomer, then he puts everything to sleep. Gah, if only I lead with my sub.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
S'up. UK seniors is over and I'm with Havak, Zystral, McSpam and some guys from another forum. Me and Havak both lost in the second and third round respectively to some terrible bad luck. McSpam made the semis and GEC got dq'd after a hack check found he had too many TMs.
We met a few other Smogoners there including Wichu and Akira, and have photos and a high quality video of the final.
We're in McDonalds now and I'm on my mobile, So I'll update some more later.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
S'up. UK seniors is over and I'm with Havak, Zystral, McSpam and some guys from another forum. Me and Havak both lost in the second and third round respectively to some terrible bad luck. McSpam made the semis and GEC got dq'd after a hack check found he had too many TMs.
We met a few other Smogoners there including Wichu and Akira, and have photos and a high quality video of the final.
We're in McDonalds now and I'm on my mobile, So I'll update some more later.
Too many TMs? Was this something really obvious or was it something stupid like "oh no you have 2 Grass Knot TMs"? Or maybe they just looked at the team and said "no way does this guy have four legit shinies, we're not going to bother with the hack test".

How far did he get, anyway?

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Haha, i went to London's event, saw Gec and Havak, called them, and they did not hear me =(
I got to r5 and lost to a miss on Meteor Mash to a kid with a TR team =[

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I saw Matador but that was during his match where he lost, and he went somewhere after :O.

I got D/Qed before the first round, apparently having more than one of an exclusive TM is enough to disqualify me.

I met some cool people though, so it's all good. Was pretty shitty how Kinneas/Havak lost to hax, and I don't think the winner is a Smogoner. Hmm.

gec

pharos
Sorry man D: if it's any consolation, you got to the Semis :D. and I dont really respond to GEC or my irl name, so sorry about that xP

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Did anybody else have multiple copies of their TM on their game? I'm betting there were, and that was just their bullshit excuse for DQing you since they couldn't find anything wrong with the PRNG-abused shinies I gave you.

Did anybody else get hack-checked first round?

gec

pharos
I think I was actually the only one, seemingly because my opponent was a bit dodgy.

But thank you so much to Omega, mad props for sorting me out for today, twas a shame I didn't get to play.

6A9 Ace Matador

two guys i beat had shinies, and were likely hacked as one had Hp Fire (lol lucky on an abomasnow!) The other guy had shiny zard, but i like to think he was legit.

gec

pharos
There was also that guy in the pink shirt with the shiny Metagross and Gengar, people said he was hacking too apparently.

6A9 Ace Matador

He had cool hair also!

I have an obsession with cool hair ^_^
Also, the toughest matches were 1st and second preliminary, i definetley could have won vs that kid, i also shoulda air slashed his dusknoir with TR turn one instead of follow me.

Guys, having shinys in no way means you have shinies. I used four shinies and I didn't get bs like that, till my final match when a few juniors called me out.

But seriously, having 95 TMs does mean you hack pretty much. They DQ'd you for the hacking of TMs, not for having legit shinies.

Tyler_Pwn has just sent me a text saying that he and alakapimp have got in. I'll keep you all updated on the events at Dallas. Here are the photos he's sent to me so far.

gec

pharos
Any reports on who won with which kind of team?(london)?
Winners team was Gengar/Swampert/Latios/Metagross iirc. Kinneas recorded the finals in great quality which would be up for tonight I imagine

edit - if its of anyones interest, the 2nd place dude had dusknoir/camerupt/abomasnow or something like that.

a lot of people lost 1-0, when the last pokemon had less than half. I remember there was a guy in the semi finals where the last pokemon were metagross and swampert. Metagross outspeeds anyways, but uses bullet punch. Takes off about 10% from swampert, and left swampert with like 2hp, which cold the metagross guy the match. I think Havak recorded that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)