Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

I hope they do an event up north next year, or even some proper regionals in the UK and other European countries. London is a real pain to get to if you don't live there, and the safety net of regionals is a nice thing to have- especially in the UK, where you can reasonably travel a range of about 100 miles for the day in a car without having to book a hotel. If say they did regionals in Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow and London that'd be a nice and even spread and basically every Pokémon player in the UK would be able to attend. Wishful thinking though I guess.

Oh yeah and something I noticed: does every event use the same DSs? I noticed that the London DSs were Japanese (the DS usernames were "Pokémon" in Japanese if anyone's interested), so they were probably the ones used in at least some Japanese tournaments. Did the US events use Japanese DSs too?
Yup, Bristol is just half an hour down the road, would be perfect. Newcastle FC (toon army!) may have been relegated (:( silver lining = full time Shearer manager) but one in Newcastle would be great for some friends of mine. The VGC has the popularity to grow, and even though the London turnout seemed lower than most, people like me hadn't even heard about it.

These e-mails look promising. :)

Here's the requested battle Mr.Pkmn vs (the so-called HAXMAN)
I don't exactly know which of you guys this is.
But I filmed all of the Battles in Paris of the Final 16 and
the Semi-/Final so just look up my youtube account and Have Fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3g4R_o1cSY

Hope to have that Opportunity in San Diego too :D
greetz @ Picollo, Massi and drug duck :D

hmm 04:35 you can see that the Fireblast? went against the protected Ludicolo (missclick?)

but the doppel ch explosion was epic xD

hmm 04:35 you can see that the Fireblast? went against the protected Ludicolo (missclick?)

but the doppel ch explosion was epic xD
Fire Blast is at 3:46 (Fuocobomba). That was a misclicked close combat (Zuffa) on ludicolo (doesn't matter as it wouldn't ohko bronzong anyway)

Just wondering, does anyone have a decent videos of the London semifinals? Both were great matches and I didn't get to properly see what happened in them because I was screen-hopping between the two.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If there is anyone who lives along that path and would need a ride to the tournament, feel free to hit me up as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you guys (again for some of you)!

Hey yeah, I might take you up on that offer. I live like 15 minutes West of St. Louis. That shouldn't be to far off your path. Could you spot me a ride? ;P

I'm driving up to Columbia Friday morning to pick up my lil cousin Jessie so he can participate too. Yay! And maybe even my lil bro might make an appearance!

Oh yeah, a heads up for all of you going to St. Louis...

PLAN AHEAD TO DO OTHER FUN THINGS WHILE IN TOWN!!!

There were a lot of people at Nashville, that didn't get picked, or didn't do well and complained of waisting a lot of time and money for little to no gain. On the other hand, my wife, daughter and I went to the mall, ate at the cool Aquarium Restaurant, and had a very good time, even though I didn't get picked.

While you could easily just Google St. Louis Attractions and get stupid stuff like the Arch and whatnot, there are a few things you might not think of that I thought I might mention.

One veeeeeery cool thing that nobody ever thinks to go to is THE ST. LOUIS CITY MUSEUM!!!

Now, who wants to go to a dusty, musty old musem? Nobody right. Weirdly enough, The St. Louis City Musem ISN'T A MUSEUM?!?!?! I don't really understand why they call it that? It's an old abandoned 4 story factory warehouse that they converted into this AMAZING playground for adults and older teens. Sound weird? Yeah it kinda is, but it's SOOOOO COOOL.

There are 4-story slides, literally thousands of yards of tunnels that go through all 4 floors and through most of the rooms (one even comes out under this table in a store on the 4th floor, it's the only entrance/exit except for an elevator?!?!?) You can walk through a like 100 foot whale sculpture through it's mouth and out its ______! There's an area where they replecated some cave and you'll be walking along and people will just appear out of seemingly nowhere (cracks and little tunnels in the cave walls). Oh, and there's an open skate park on the 2nd or 3rd floor where people can BMX, skate, blade, just slide down the ramps whatever. Oh, and if anyone noticed my awesome Neon Green/Purple shoestrings I had on my Chucks at Nashville, I got them from some shop off in a corner behind the cave that braids them with some "old-timey" braiding machine!

And trust me, there's a WHOLE LOT MORE CRAZY STUFF THERE TOO!

Just wanted to toss that out there as just one idea for anyone who wanted to do something fun while in St. Louis. Please, don't just mope around in your hotel room. Find something to do and have fun wether or not you get picked, and wether or not you do good.

Yeah, gl & hf to all participants at US Nationals.

Anyone out there who can recommend attractions and locations for partying in San Diego to me? :D

We should make a thread specifically for St. Louis so it's easy for all the smogoners to communicate without chains of texts/PMs/calls and spam in the way. Zerowing, I choose you!

We should make a thread specifically for St. Louis so it's easy for all the smogoners to communicate without chains of texts/PMs/calls and spam in the way. Zerowing, I choose you!
Completely agreed.

Alright guys, off to the Airport. If I see any of the other Philly people there, I have a black OC Choppers shirt with army camo shorts.

Good luck guys. I feel bad I can't come, mainly because I wasn't picked and can't afford a flight to St. Louis. Remember, the format is Swiss, so there's a high possibility that you guys will eventually get paired up. Thankfully (under Swiss), the bad players that get in via random selection will slowely get owned by all the good players, ruining their score.

If I am coreect...

Seattle:
Diesel (2nd)

San Francisco:
batpig (1st), Arkerus (2nd), Siddarth (3rd/4th)

Phoenix:
zerowing (1st)

Dallas:
Alakapimp (1st), NestW (3rd/4th)

Philadelphia:
Pokethan (1st), VashTheStampede (2nd)

Nashville:
Imperfectluck (1st), OmegaDonut (2nd)

11 of a possible 24 guaranteed spots, correct? (Top 4 per qualifier x 6 qualifiers = 24)

Excellent. We also have the reputation for hosting 5 of the 6 winners of the qualifiers, and the runner-up of Seattle (Diesel, now you can feel bad about your loss). I suspect all 11 of you guys (possibly 9 or 8, depending on how good the St. Louis people are) to get to San Diego. Then you guys will have to find a way to beat the Japs.

Excellent. We also have the reputation for hosting 5 of the 6 winners of the qualifiers, and the runner-up of Seattle (Diesel, now you can feel bad about your loss). I suspect all 11 of you guys (possibly 9 or 8, depending on how good the St. Louis people are) to get to San Diego. Then you guys will have to find a way to beat the Japs.
Well I'd say 4 out of 6 since Pokethan joined this site just a few weeks before his tourney, lol. Who's counting though? Oh yea, douchebags like you. ;)

Alright well I'm on my way now, plane leaves at 11:00 PST.

Here's me if you see me:

Dashing, aren't I?

Good luck in St. Louis to all those traveling there this weekend. Slightly-early post as I won't be online tomorrow (not that it matters), so well done on getting this far and hopefully you will go one step further!

OmegaDonut, I wonder if I have the time. I might, but I'll probably be finished with it after Nationals. After Nationals, I have to make the list of the 30 Seniors players for Worlds, and note any of our players/noteworthy players (if TPCi even give a list of all those going to Worlds...)

I'm in StLouis, i saw the Arch when I was landing and it was a pretty awesome sight for me.

Anyways, i hope i'll see you guys at America's Center since we have to redeem our spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)