Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, ive been lurking in the forums for a while and finaly registered. im looking forward to battling and meeting you guys.

first congrats on the seccond place Diesel. Im attending Phili's sinces its ahour away from here. im excited to see everyone for the first time there.

seccond im looking for some reall battle exp agaist anyone thats willing do to so. my friend code is 3352 0303 1215

and thats it thanks again in advance!

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congrats Diesel, I know you're getting lots of questions but I have another one which seems obvious but I'm just checking up on it. When it was on a TV it was still Platnium on the TV and not PBR right?

There were a lot of people there. I was the 162nd person to sign up. I didn't get picked to play though. I spent an all nighter making my team. Better luck next year. T-T

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
There were a lot of people there. I was the 162nd person to sign up. I didn't get picked to play though. I spent an all nighter making my team. Better luck next year. T-T
like how many people? 200,300,400,500? just wondering.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The 162nd person huh? How much time had passed by the time you signed up? A long time like an hour or a short time like 10 minutes? It would be helpful to know, my tourney is next weekend.

Well, it was a long drive back from Seattle to Vancouver, but it was all worth it. I won my first two games easily, but lost the third due to unlucky misses and a destiny bond abuser. If I had won I would have been in the Finals. I may still attend nationals if I can find my way there.

The teams were not what I expected. I assumed there would be a lot of average OU teams, but that wasn't the case. The first person I battled had a Yanmega, Cresselia, Venusaur, and something else I don't recall. None of them were EV trained. My next opponent was the same, none EV trained. There was even a girl who used only eeveelutions. You really can't expect anything in these battles.

There are many people who choose moves like Destiny Bond and abuse them because they have no real strategy. I heard about some people trying to just explode everything right off the bat. It's really rather mixed up.

There are people who know what EV training is, but they told me that they just don't bother. I was battling beside someone who may have been from Smogon, he asked me and my opponent if I EV trained. He seemed pretty neat.

For any of you that attended Seattle, I was the short girl with long hair and a pink Space invaders shirt. I was carrying a toy Glaceon around in my bag. If I met you, I'd like to know. (I was Aryana, the announcer wouldn't leave me alone)

For those of you who are wondering how the battles are set up, there are four colored sections. After you have been randomly selected to participate, you line up and get paired off to battle. Once you win, you advance immediatly to the next round and the next color. There are no breaks. If you win three matches, you advance to the finals.

If you wonder how they select you to participate, once you register you are given an arm band. The arm band has a number and a pokemon name on it, and everyone who has been chosen will have thier number and pokemon displayed on the TV screens.

Be warned that some people are sore losers. The parent of the boy who eventually beat me told my dad that his son's next battle would be easy because I was a girl. Not fun to hear things like that. I recommend that you establish some kind of etiquete, for example I shook hands with everybody I faced accept the last person because he just walked away. You will get dirty looks from those you beat, and smiles from those who beat you.

I hope this helped some of you who are nervous, or those of you who are just curious. With that, I wish you luck in whichever Regional you are competing in.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's 2:27 PM in Seattle (GDT -8, EDT -5). The junior registration ended 12:30 PM, so the tournament should be over, or the juniors should be finishing up their tournament (2 hours is too long for a single elimination tournament). I wonder who won in the seniors division, and just like ViperGTS, I hope to see some good results from ultimatedra, The Fish King, NightmaresAria, Diesel, Acorn, Feathers, and Yeti.
Seniors finals were 1:30-3:00 iirc. Senior drawing was 10:15, battles started at 10:30. Registration was 8:30-9:30. Juniors had the same time delays.

Well I went, got #134 (Vaporeon). They gave wristbands with the number and Pokemon on it. If you lose it you're out, cya.
The randomizer drew 131, 133, 135, 137, 139. Skipped my dear Vaporeon and took the ones around it.
The last number was 217 (Ursaring), there could've been a couple more beyond that who weren't drawn. So Seattle had around 220 for seniors, looked like a large amount for juniors too.

If I can find a cheap same-day roundtrip flight down to San Fran I will be going to that one too. I'm rather annoyed my team was actually good and I didn't get in while people who brought crap like Torterra/Raichu/Arcanine/Lucario on one team did.

Juniors finals didn't end till 4-something, maybe 5. It's an all-day event and you wait 45 minutes before they announce the drawn numbers.
They had plasma screens which displayed rules, instructions, matches and the numbers. It was not PBR style, just bigger versions of DS battles, at least in the 128 stage.

Milotic is at a separate table, you hand over your game/DS [Lite] and they stick a cart in the GBA slot and upload Milo. If you have a DSi just give them the game.

Yeah it was only like 25 minute drive either way but still, a lot of waiting around.

They had inflatable Giratina & starters, and Pikachu/starter bodysuits. They had a dance off to Brit's Circus between the three starters. And gave out Rotom form stickers.

Shame I didn't even get into the battle stage, unless I went up against someone from here early on I was almost assured to make it into the finals. o/

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What kind of randomizer was? It picked only odd numbers
Only the odd 130's. It picked even and odd otherwise, though now that you mention it, I believe there was a majority of odd numbers picked. I suppose that's the 'random' element, nobody said random was equal.

Oh, and they have a finalist lounge. The top 16 seniors get to sit there while juniors elimination goes on, then top 16 juniors sit there while senior finals occur.

Milotic's ID is the date the event occurs, I believe. 2 digits month, 2 digits day, 1 digit year. Not sure if this info has been confirmed somewhere else.
Mine has a set nature of Timid, though its IVs change. I've hit from 0-31 sp def IVs haha.

Man Diesel really misplayed with Smeargle and not having Shadow Sneak over Shadow Punch on Dusknoir :(. Dark Void'ing is bad people, it only costs you valuable Trick Room turns.

Wow, 220 people at Seattle? Seattle isn't as popular as Philadelphia, so I'm expecting around 1200 people at Philly. 1 of 8 chance >:(((((((((((

The funny thing will be if they have so many people registering, they will go past 492. Either they reveal Arceus (#493) just for one person, or they repeat...

Also, using the video TeamRocketElite posted and what diesel posted, I've written the teams.

Code:
[I][B]Seattle[/B][/I]

[U]Diesel[/U] [Diesel] (Runner-up)
MOLF Party

Dusknoir@Chesto Berry
Trick Room, Shadow Punch, Will-o-Wisp, Psych Up

Smeargle [Lv1]@Focus Sash
Fake Out, Endeavor, Dark Void, Protect

Snorlax@Sitrus Berry
Belly Drum, Body Slam, Crunch, Selfdestruct

Spiritomb@Lum Berry
Sucker Punch, Psych Up, Shadow Sneak, Pain Split

~~~

[B]Danni[/B] (Winner)
TrickStorm

Bronzong@???
Hypnosis, Gyro Ball, ???, ???

Shuckle@???
Power Trick, Earthquake, ???, ???

Hippowdon@???
Earthquake, ???, ???, ???

Marowak@???
Rock Slide, ???, ???, ???
Danni's Marowak did most of the work, KO'ing three of Diesel's pokemon (Smeargle went out due to Sandstorm).

Man Diesel really misplayed with Smeargle and not having Shadow Sneak over Shadow Punch on Dusknoir :(. Dark Void'ing is bad people, it only costs you valuable Trick Room turns.
Yes, he might win if he used Endeavor, not Dark Void.

Wow, 220 people at Seattle? Seattle isn't as popular as Philadelphia, so I'm expecting around 1200 people at Philly. 1 of 8 chance >:(((((((((((

The funny thing will be if they have so many people registering, they will go past 492. Either they reveal Arceus (#493) just for one person, or they repeat...

Also, using the video TeamRocketElite posted, I've written the teams.
Snorlax has Sitrus berry.

Yea I realized that Dark Void wasn't really necessary at that point. As for Shadow Sneak, that would act before Endeavor, so I wouldn't be able to KO anything in one turn.

As for that last battle, I'll be writing about it in my warstory. I made a couple missteps and had a little bad luck. It would have been nice to win for the prestige and the plaque-ish thing, but I'm just happy I get that free trip to Nellyville.

My warstory just got deleted by the way (fucking Safari), so I'll rewrite it and post it tomorrow.

My team was as follows:

Dusknoir
Level 50 @ Chesto Berry
Sassy - Pressure
~Trick Room
~Will-o-Wisp
~Psych Up
~Shadow Punch

Smeargle
Level 1 @ Focus Sash
Brave - Own Tempo
~Fake Out
~Protect
~Dark Void
~Endeavor

Snorlax
Level 50 @ Sitrus Berry
Brave - Thick Fat
~Belly Drum
~Body Slam
~Crunch
~Self-destruct

Spiritomb
Level 50 @ Lum Berry
Careful - Pressure
~Psych Up
~Shadow Sneak
~Sucker Punch
~Pain Split

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have two Very Important Questions:

1) Did you see your opponents' team sheets beforehand, or were the team sheets just for the referees' reference?

2) Was the Shiny Milotic distributed over Mystery Gift? Is it resettable?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
220 people attending ? Eff...
2) Was the Shiny Milotic distributed over Mystery Gift? Is it resettable?
Yeti said:
Milotic is at a separate table, you hand over your game/DS [Lite] and they stick a cart in the GBA slot and upload Milo. If you have a DSi just give them the game.

Mine has a set nature of Timid, though its IVs change. I've hit from 0-31 sp def IVs haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)