Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i've tried to post before in this thread as well as in others, but my other account is waiting for activation D: I am registered for one year, but it's still awaiting activation D:

Well, congratulations sid, diesel, bartpig and arkerus =P And good luck to all of you guys. Well, I'll be in Paris. It will be expensive for me because i'm spanish but it doesn't mind. I have confident on myself and on my team. I think that i can do it well. The only i'm afraid about is the random drawing D:

I hope i get in. See you guys

PD: Sorry about my english. I hope you can understand me guys. I'm spanish and i know that i have to improve my english level D:

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know if batpig has any intention of posting a warstory? I'd love to hear about his tourney.
I'm sort of busy with some school stuff for this week, but if I remember after my midterms and stuff, I'll try and get one up.

If anyone from Michigan plans on attending either PA or TN, let me know. I'm looking for at least one more person for a car pool.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
oh holy moly, batpig has a pic of me on his FB album @_@ why?!?
tell me which one and i can take it off

edit:
oh it's because turtwig was sneaking up on people and wanted to try and get as much turtwig as possible. after that i switched to video. lemme know if you want it off

Just finished my team. For now, anyway- it'll probably get redrafted again by the London tournament. Which, come to think of it, will probably be harder than the US regionals: only one tournament for the whole of the UK; no second chances if you lose, and only 2 guys from the UK will be going to San Diego. On the upside, there's only one round, but I'm not sure if that's as good as having the safety net of nationals.

Anyway, I'll be taking any practise battles if anyone wants one. Just PM me if you'd like a go- I really need to get used to this new team setup.

I was searching double cup on the battle recorder, and I found vids of what seemed to be siddarth (weavile, meta, dusk, and something else were all shiny). not sure which battle it was, also found some of people facing batpig. just letting you all know.

hrm... well, after 12+ hours on the road, I'm pretty tired... I have a hippie style, draft card(wristband) "burning", anti-establishment, anti-war story, but I'll post it to this thread tomorrow when I wake up, as a tourney report about not having battled doesn't seem to merit its own thread. And the things I talk about will be more relevant to this thread. heeheehee ^^

Oh, I has the weirdest inkling that I met PBB since he mentioned Chris... I is the girl in the green minidress...

Did you have a pink DS? If so, I think I remember you. :P

On a side note, I have posted my recording of the final match. All natural, with some crowd included. Enjoy. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0c58uDUaC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoG1tMdB9gM

How the fuck does a team that uses Stealth Rock get to the finals? UGH.
I was wondering about this myself, actually. It hurt Lapras pretty bad, but that thing ended up staying alive anyway. Weird. It looks to me like the only real purpose it to OHKO Shedinja. :\

@Batpig: Can you take a pic of the Plaque? I wanna see it. :)

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I learned the guy that I double-KOed with was the Gamepro guy and after I walked away things were explained better and I should've progressed. Laaammmeee

EDIT: I just realized that I can enter at St.Louis since winning a Regional isn't necessary to get into the Nationals. Since I'll be going with my brother anyway I'll try entering there =]

Anti-war story - warning: long-winded post about nothing ahead

hrm... well, the start with, I'm still a noob on these forums, so I don't know anyone here all that well. And being rather sarcastic in tone, if it offends you, I'll apologize in advance.

Well, then... I joined this forum soon after deciding to go to SF for the VGC. I play pokemon mostly because it panders to my Ruthless-Collector-Girl mode. And battling means using ugly/scary looking pokemon, as their unevolved, but cuter forms don't quite have a chance against their more powerful counterparts. So when the announcement of Shiny Milotic consolation prize was announced, there was no way that I'd miss it. "Yay for pretty fishie" was the standard response to my friends who wondered why I'd attend a video game event at all.

The problem began when I remembered the dumb luck law, where the most apathetic people involved are the ones dumb luck favors the most. I pretty much knew at that point, I'd have a higher than usual chance of being selected to battle. But I had no intention or interest in doing so. Competitive play is definitely not for me. I did come up with a few schemes, but I wouldn't be able to test it until the actual event.

We set out from LA in the evening and got into Fremont around midnight, and checked into the Hilton. They screwed us on breakfast (we paid for three but only got two), and I ended up sitting next to a quiet nerd type with a DS on the table. I managed to poke him and confirm that he was going to the tourney. So after some morning craziness, we get to venue around 10 minutes before senior reg closes.

Actually, filling out those team reg sheets took the most work. I grabbed three copies and scribbled down 4 random pokemon off the top of my head and paired them with moves also randomly. So I ended up with a bidoof that knew dark void and explosion. The stats were like picking lottery numbers. Apparently, you also needed to fill out the items section before getting a wristband, so many of my pokemon held things like pokeballs and potions. There was a lot of getting in line and getting out of line to fill out the sheets. >_<

Anyway, for the next hour of waiting, I take pictures and such while trying to pal park the 6 bonus disc jirachi to trade. I'd forgotten to do this while on the drive up, but oh well. FAIL The room was pretty crowded with 6th graders and adolescent boys with enough acne to make me want to start peddling acne treatments then and there. The rest of the time, we sit in one of the side lounges (why is there a bar in a fitness center?? O_o).

At the end of the day, I ended up with shiny fishes, a few new friends, and a guest wristband courtesy of Chris, the cute nerd boy who ate breakfast next to us. We didn't stick around the watch the finals because no one I knew would be competing and my udon craving was getting stronger by the minute. Mitsuyoshi, whywhywhy did you close your Little Tokyo shop?!?!

That's all I remember for nao. Good luck to the rest of smogon people in the upcoming tourneys~

Deleted User 33526

Banned deucer.
If anyone from Michigan plans on attending either PA or TN, let me know. I'm looking for at least one more person for a car pool.
I do live in Michigan but I am not sure how my dad would react to me wanting to go with some random stranger unless you wanted to come with us which would be like $100 to go per person.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

That final match vid was a nail biter!!!

I'm totally not in that league, but it'll be fun anyway! ^.6

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
Everythings on my facebook dude. Just add me (Huy Ha) or go back a few pages to find the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)