Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alakapimp is 3-1 up from the last update. I'll ask Tyler to update me again in a sec.

EDIT: Tyler422 went 3-2. So he did not make it through. He is not sure about Alakapimp at the moment.

IPL just texted me saying he went 5-0 and made top 16!

OK we are now hearing that OmegaDonut and Batpig both made top 16, and there are rumors that Alakapimp was DQed.

Quote from IPL: "Mingot's twelve year old daughter made it with my team too /brag"

<Jumpman16> OEBassoondude: Zerowing did not make it

A resounding FUCK from IRC...

OEBassoondude: So like zerowing went 4-1 but didn't make it in like the other 4-1s because of strength of schedule

ok what the fuck

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
<Jumpman16> OEBassoondude: Zerowing did not make it

A resounding FUCK from IRC...

OEBassoondude: So like zerowing went 4-1 but didn't make it in like the other 4-1s because of strength of schedule
Did you mean the Tie Breakers ?

Edit : ok =/
Good luck to OmegaDonut, Batpig and IPL...

Did you mean the Tie Breakers ?
Yes it is probably that. I just don't get why there were 5 rounds, if it was 16 people in a flight.

Alakapimp got DQd cause his pokemon were over the 510 EV limit is what IRC people are saying, meaning he probably went 4-1 and made it, then got hack checked and failed.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Strength of schedule is a tiebreaker. IIRC it means the opponents he beat won less than the opponents the other 4-1's beat so his 4-1 isn't worth as much as the other 4-1's.

People talking about Tyler422 switching his team, he switched to my TR team. I think he was inexperienced with it vs some people since he only played with it a little on netbattles, while in the SLSAT's we have in smogonwifi IRC, I only lost 3 times, 2 to "haxs" and once to alakapimp after he lost to me in a previous round.

OK, I just got off the phone with FiveKRunner. Here's the results:

Flight 1:
sixonesix (tied 1st)
vashthestampede (tied 1st)
alakapimp (3rd/4th, apparently not dq'd)

Flight 2:
IPL (1st)
Mingot's daughter (3rd/4th)

Flight 3:
OmegaDonut (1st)
Huy (3rd/4th)

Flight 4:
slimceagirl (what the fuck? No one even knew she was playing prior to yesterday)

Diesel was 4-1 and got "5th" in flight 4, Sidd was 3-2 and apparently talking a lot of shit the night before, and Zerowing got screwed despite his 4-1 record as well. Zerowing was in Flight 1, in case you didn't know that before.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ouch, seems a bit weird.

Hard luck for zerowing, at least we've got a fair few Smogoners through though :)

Yea like tad said I got screwed. I was 4-1, as were four others, but my opponents' win percentage was a percent or two below the next guy. Really gay how they do things, I'm definitely writing a letter of some kind and I suspect/hope zerowing will do the sane. My loss came mostly off of a crit on the first turn, after that I was helpless. I thunk I could have won if that didn't happen, but I'm not sure, it would have been a tight match. Anyway, GG.

I'm just here to say a letter will not help. In the TCG, they do a top cut. Last year, Seniors played 9 rounds. More than 1/2 of the 7-2's were turned down and did not make the Top 32. It happens, it sucks, but it's life. Sorry to hear Diesel.

OK, I just got off the phone with FiveKRunner. Here's the results:

Flight 1:
sixonesix (tied 1st)
vashthestampede (tied 1st)
alakapimp (3rd/4th, apparently not dq'd)

Flight 2:
IPL (1st)
Mingot's daughter (3rd/4th)

Flight 3:
OmegaDonut (1st)
Huy (3rd/4th)

Flight 4:
slimceagirl (what the fuck?)

Diesel was 4-1 and got "5th" in flight 4, Sidd was 3-2 and apparently talking a lot of shit the night before, and Zerowing got screwed despite his 4-1 record as well. Zerowing was in Flight 1, in case you didn't know that before.
You know what, i'll be honest, i practically cruised through, except for the fact that the first EQ crit messed it all up. I changed teams every round, no, not subs, my whole team. First round i used Pablo's RD team, 2nd round my Imprison, 3rd round MOLF, 4th round Goodstuff and 5th round, I tried metagaming Mattj, but he got me with his 3 flinches in a row with rock slide. Alakapimp got dqed I heard for having those illegal ivs, but i'm not sure as i can't confirm this.

Anyways, it was nice, 1st round I honestly think i could've sweeped had that one crit not come. Still, I got to play, unlike many others, so it's all good.

EDIT:

As you can clearly see, the best players ever did get very unlucky, such as zerowang, Diesel and myself (lol).

Oh right, Mattj apparently got top 16 as well. I don't remember which flight he was in, though.
He was in purple. Unofrtunately, he metagamed my metagame to his, and we were both 3 wins and 1 loss. We both lost to someone who had a 4 and 0 record, making it whoever won the battle would go to sweet16, and as you can clearly see, he did.

I love how you can just keep switching teams and theirs nothing Staff can do to know about it.

Wow, interesting results.

What's with the percentages though? Surely 4-1 would be 80%, and every guy on 4-1 would have the same percentage?
It's nice to see some girls winning, anyway. London in particular was very much a sausagefest. I only actually saw guys playing, but I know there was at least one girl competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)