1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Old Generation Analyses Reservation Thread

Discussion in 'RBY / GSC / ADV' started by Matthew, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

While I continue to wait for GSC Vap to be tackled by the GP crew, I feel like doing GSC Gengar because really that analysis is pretty crappy right now.
  2. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

ill get oforretressssssssssssssssssss done
  3. Starblazer

Starblazer

Hmm...This looks like something I'd like to do...But I've never done an Analysis, so...

I can do an analysis for ADV Swellow, if it's okay...
  4. Jorgen

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I'm unhappy with parts of the GSC Tyranitar and Machamp analyses I wrote and will likely be posting revisions to certain sections of these analyses for QC review in the near future.
  5. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

reserving RBY Lapras for later this month
  6. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I know it's not exactly high priority but I'd like to do RBY Articuno. Hope no one minds that.
  7. adv

adv

If nobody minds, I'd like to revamp ADV Houndoom.

Also, I shall do P2 (as it's rightfully OU and deserves a fleshed-out analysis) and Dusclops (as the current analysis sings its praises as 'the best spinblocker' and in general is outdated.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  8. Alfalfa

Alfalfa

I am going to revamp ADV Charizard.
  9. Alfalfa

Alfalfa

Gonna do ADV Ampharos (UU)
  10. mbreezy

mbreezy

Hi, I'm really good with doing gen 3 ou, and would like to do an article on raikou.

I'd be willing to also do a write-up on salamence, but raikou is my higher priority.
  11. unfixable

unfixable but no rapid spin
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

May I update Scizor – GSC?
  12. Oglemi

Oglemi I love you wonderful Minun-Kun!
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

If you want to, I'd say go ahead. However, idk if even any of the current top GSCers have any experience with Scizor. It's just not used or seen in competitive play for various reasons, and our top GSC analysis contributors from the past couple years aren't around as much to help out.
  13. Viscacha

Viscacha

Is there anything left to do? It seems like any tiered pokemon has a moveset and analysis. I really wanted to try my hand at this...

EDIT: I did find that Chansey has no analysis for generation 3 and I'd be happy to make one for it!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  14. unfixable

unfixable but no rapid spin
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Dropping Scizor. I have no interest in writing it anymore and I'm not experienced enough to properly write the analysis. Oglemi
  15. Lord Ninjax

Lord Ninjax

So yeah, I played ADV for a fair chunk of time and Theorymon'd a lot (I dropped it so I could focus on ST18 and shaking off the rust from BW). Anyways, I'd be pretty cool with writing a few analyses for this: My primary picks are Metagross and Flygon cause I prefer balanced and offensive teams and I know a fair bit about offensive mons, pros and cons. Where do I submit the analysis?
    badabing likes this.
  16. Jorgen

17. Lord Ninjax

Lord Ninjax

So I just post it as a thread? Or do I have to run it by a mod first?
  18. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

are the metagross/flygon analyses really that bad though? because ive looked at them, and i dont think they need to be replaced.
  19. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

updates certainly wouldnt hurt considering some of the stuff thats on them right now
  20. Lord Ninjax

Lord Ninjax

Ah, you know. I actually looked over them and think the older gen analyses are fairly sparse, plus may fail to account for certain things.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)