Gen 6 Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Mega Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Or the item it needs may be the jade orb? Nonetheless, not taking a mega slot is really kickass.
I'm pretty sure Mega Rayquaza will still take up your Mega slot, it will just be able to hold other items.

Dare we discuss scarfed or banded mega rayQ? sounds dumb af.

Also lol primal ogre rip IMO specs/scarf still king.
Also RIP normal don 1 weakness and a water immunity means primal don is probably better at every set unless you reall really like lefties. And long live Brazilian pDon, twave precipice sedge dclaw

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 214-252 (51.5 - 60.7%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Adamant SD sets can 2HKO through Multiscale after 1 boost. I know Ray is my favorite Pokemon and all, but if this turns out to be a no-strings attached item holding fest, I have never seen anything so asinine in any game ever. GF why

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 214-252 (51.5 - 60.7%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Adamant SD sets can 2HKO through Multiscale after 1 boost. I know Ray is my favorite Pokemon and all, but if this turns out to be a no-strings attached item holding fest, I have never seen anything so asinine in any game ever. GF why
it doesn't 2ohko you have life orb added
+2 252+ Atk Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 165-194 (39.7 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
+2 252+ Atk Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 165-194 (39.7 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
it can hold LO + factor out multiscale

There have been some photos of the game that have been leaked that show Rayquaza not needing a Mega Stone in order to utilize Mega Evolution, so we are thereby assuming that we can use any item in addition to Mega Evolution.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Delta Stream Mega Rayquaza: 190-226 (53.9 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

How the fuck do you beat this thing?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are no defensive switch-ins to LO Mega Ray with rocks up. Even max defense Arceus-Fairy is outsped and 2HKOed by unboosted Mega Ray, max speed Arceus-Fairy is KOed by unboosted Ascent + ESpeed. Even the most physically bulky mons in the game just get smashed to pieces. The only way you can check Mega Ray is offensively, rip passive playstyles.

Inb4 ban mega rayQ cuz stall dies. (reasoning: see shadow tag suspect test)

I realize I'm heavily sniping at fireburn and co IDGAF

im pretty sure that the rayquaza that can mega evolve is incompatible with V-create which would limit its coverage. if mega rayquaza were to run a banded set, it could still be walled by skarmory.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 192+ Def Giratina-O: 493-581 (111.7 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I assume you forgot to account for Rayquaza's increased base attack stat?

This thing is not getting walled. Period, full stop, end of discussion.

EDIT: There's no reason to assume transferred Rayquazas won't be able to Mega Evolve, either.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
A few of those are contingent upon keeping rocks off the field, and I feel like MRay teams should be pressuring Defoggers as it is, so rocks should be up (They always should when determining if something is a check/counter.)
Whatever.
Ray doesn't need V-Create to function that well anymore, but it is still an option nonetheless.

Actually, it looks like Rayquaza is suffering from some 4mss here to be honest.
It wants Earthquake, Dragon Ascent, ESpeed, Overheat (because this thing hits hard as shit, and Arceus uses it, so hey) Dragon Dance (Or SD+Tailwind) and Surf. DClaw wouldn't hurt either.
If you run a boosting move (which you will,) you lose out on a valuable coverage move, more so if you run Double Dance.

Ray will centralize this meta pretty bad though.
EDIT: Much like Xerneas, Klefki seems to be the best check in that it can TWave.
But once again, FODDER.

Is your damage calculator screwed up or something because:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina(not O): 454-536 (90.2 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Edit: just saw your post my bad.

Also a nice option on Mega Ray will be Lum Berry as it already hits stupidly hard without Life Orb and Lum Berry will allow it to set up on Arceus trying to burn it or Klefki trying to T-wave.

Is it confirmed that the items actually work when it's mega evolved? It might be that it can hold items but only gets their effects when in its normal form. *prays to Arceus*

Is it confirmed that the items actually work when it's mega evolved? It might be that it can hold items but only gets their effects when in its normal form. *prays to Arceus*
I doubt it. That would defeat the whole purpose of not needing a Mega stone. If GF didn't want other items working on it then they could've just made it so it does have to hold the stone in the first place.

I doubt it. That would defeat the whole purpose of not needing a Mega stone. If GF didn't want other items working on it then they could've just made it so it does have to hold the stone in the first place.
Not necessarily. If you wanted to not mega evolve it for some reason (normal Rayquaza's ability is better at answering primal weathers because it can't be overwritten, for instance), it gives you an alternative.

That said, we still don't know how to Mega Evolve it. Maybe we have to do something special in battle. Do we know what the introductory flavour text is yet?

(I can practically feel myself going through the five stages of grief here.)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hopefully Rayquaza's Mega trigger is some stupid shit like Only being able to mega when facing a Primal. This would actually make sense flavor-wise, although it would be pointless in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)