Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Manaphy will probably not have the guaranteed 3IVs, because it only applies to Pokémon in the "Undiscovered" egg group rather than legendaries in general. For example, Nidorina has a guaranteed 3IVs. It's always possible that they do something special for it, though...
Oh yeaaaaah, forgot Manaphy wasn't Undiscovered.

I really, really hope that they don't put anything too important on that island. There's a reason that shiny Pokémon are just colored differently and aren't any better in battle: if they were, it would be much, much harder to get a 'perfect Pokémon.' Mirage Island is even rarer to find than a shiny. There are a few things that I would be fine with seeing from it:
1) A special berry of some kind with some good use outside of battling.
2) Replaced with an easily-accessible area that gains more amenities the more Pokémon with distinct OTs that you own (like Black City/White Forest).
Saying that it's "rarer than a shiny" isn't totally true, how rare it is depends on how diverse the PVs of the Pokemon in your party are. If mirage island isn't there and you come back with alternative Pokemon it might be there. So you can find it in one day if you're willing to try enough different guys. They also could just edit the mechanics of mirage island. Rather than making it a day by day event that's based on your party Pokemon they could change it up so that it acts more like... idk the ghost ship in windwaker (kind of). Or... THE island... you know, from LOST.... lol Something where it's location moves and finding it isn't a grantee but if you set out really looking for it you'll track it down after an hour or two (sort of like a first encounter with roaming legendaries...)

Saying that it's "rarer than a shiny" isn't totally true, how rare it is depends on how diverse the PVs of the Pokemon in your party are. If mirage island isn't there and you come back with alternative Pokemon it might be there. So you can find it in one day if you're willing to try enough different guys. They also could just edit the mechanics of mirage island. Rather than making it a day by day event that's based on your party Pokemon they could change it up so that it acts more like... idk the ghost ship in windwaker (kind of). Or... THE island... you know, from LOST.... lol Something where it's location moves and finding it isn't a grantee but if you set out really looking for it you'll track it down after an hour or two (sort of like a first encounter with roaming legendaries...)
The fact remains that it's very difficult to find. However, a moving island would actually be pretty interesting. I'd definitely like to see that.

Sure, and if it were easier to find, putting legendaries or something else cool on it wouldn't be that extreme. Honestly the only Leichi berries were already a big deal back in RSE. Of all berries they had the best qualities for raising contest stats so it was a really big gem. Maybe not on par with an event legendary, but yeah.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mirage Island also *could* fit Hoopa perfectly. My bet is that we'll have either 1) the usual Mirage Island, with a Manaphy Egg on it, or 2) a Hoopa Wi-Fi Event, which would make the Mirage Island appear along with some random NPC there (what) that would give some text dump about Hoopa.

EDIT-- For those who don't know what I'm talking about... http://pokebeach.com/2014/05/hoopas-lore-finally-revealed-hoopa-event-uncovered-in-xy-coding

That’s not all! I’ve also heard that when Hoopa unleashes its full power, the size of the rings can grow up to multiple miles in length! With such massive rings, apparently it can transport even entire islands!
Welp

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mirage Island also *could* fit Hoopa perfectly. My bet is that we'll have either 1) the usual Mirage Island, with a Manaphy Egg on it, or 2) a Hoopa Wi-Fi Event, which would make the Mirage Island appear along with some random NPC there (what) that would give some text dump about Hoopa.

EDIT-- For those who don't know what I'm talking about... http://pokebeach.com/2014/05/hoopas-lore-finally-revealed-hoopa-event-uncovered-in-xy-coding

Welp
Not gonna lie, this would be pretty cool, especially if they make it so it can transport the island to multiple locations.

I don't really want to rain on this parade... because I like it a lot. ...But I was just sort of speculating about a way to alter mirage island's mechanic so that it would be relatively easy to find when you try but rare for people randomly traveling about Hoenn, it's pure speculation to say it will be a moving island, though (as cool as that would be)

But this Pokebeach Article on the guy who researches Hoopa also include a lot of lore about Hoopa's "lair."
It’s said that Hoopa’s lair is overflowing with the objects and treasures it nabbed over the years, claiming them for its own. Rumor has it that there are mountains of gold and silver treasures that it took from ancient kings and wealthy land barons. I hear that Hoopa’s lair is in an oasis in the desert, but no one’s been able to find the place
Meanwhile the quote on moving entire islands seems more like a statement of Hoopa's power (like those absurd pokedex entries that make people think Mega Sableye would have Wonder Guard, lol) Some of the other lore also relates Hoopa to the dessert. Since a moving Mirage Island was a big speculation it sounds like IF Hoppa is going to be obtainable through game play (either regular or event activated) and Hoppa is not available only as a "Download-in-CherishBall-Event" then you will be obtaining it somewhere in the dessert and not on an island...

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Speaking of Mega Sableye, it's impenetrable jewel and Wonder Guard, it's worth noting that several other Pokédex entries, such as those of Cloyster, Golem, Bastiodon and most notably Tyranitar, speak of apparent invulnerability. Go look up Tyranitar's Gold entry, it makes a claim just as bold as Mega Sableye's, if not even bolder.

Mega Sableye's info also notes that the jewel can't be scratched, and that Sableye hides behind it, but nowhere is it stated that the jewel is a perfect shield that offers total protection. It could be that Sableye is vulnerable to attacks directed around the shield, and that while its Defenses may be sky high, it isn't impervious in any way, and so its Ability doesn't necessarily have to lean on invulnerability.

I don't really want to rain on this parade... because I like it a lot. ...But I was just sort of speculating about a way to alter mirage island's mechanic so that it would be relatively easy to find when you try but rare for people randomly traveling about Hoenn, it's pure speculation to say it will be a moving island, though (as cool as that would be)

But this Pokebeach Article on the guy who researches Hoopa also include a lot of lore about Hoopa's "lair." Meanwhile the quote on moving entire islands seems more like a statement of Hoopa's power (like those absurd pokedex entries that make people think Mega Sableye would have Wonder Guard, lol) Some of the other lore also relates Hoopa to the dessert. Since a moving Mirage Island was a big speculation it sounds like IF Hoppa is going to be obtainable through game play (either regular or event activated) and Hoppa is not available only as a "Download-in-CherishBall-Event" then you will be obtaining it somewhere in the dessert and not on an island...
I'm go out on a limb here and note the possibility that it could just be a figure of speech. Of course, an oasis would refer to a spot in the desert, but there's always the off chance that GF decides to make Mirage Island an "oasis in the middle of the ocean." Who knows. This is GF we're talking about.

I'm go out on a limb here and note the possibility that it could just be a figure of speech. Of course, an oasis would refer to a spot in the desert, but there's always the off chance that GF decides to make Mirage Island an "oasis in the middle of the ocean." Who knows. This is GF we're talking about.
haha... I guess it's possible. But in this case the organization that tried to use Hoppa's powers has to have been the Dharama Initiative. lol

They could make Mirage island a time based event you know..like travel to the known location of the island around x o'clock to get there. Maybe from 23:55 to 00:00 to get there??
I'm also worried that GF will get lazy and follow HGSS's example and keep the exact same roster of wildmons as the original. Aka almost no good fire types and all that shit. Hope they add some new lines to the regional dex. Eevee line upto umbreon, houndoom line, maybe the hitmons line too...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You know... for me, this brings up the question if the "Legendary guaranteed 3IV" thing counts if the Pokémon's hatched. Don't cite Phione as an example; it's legend status is disputed.
It doesn't for baby Pokemon being hatched, so I doubt it would for anything else.

They could make Mirage island a time based event you know..like travel to the known location of the island around x o'clock to get there. Maybe from 23:55 to 00:00 to get there??
I'm also worried that GF will get lazy and follow HGSS's example and keep the exact same roster of wildmons as the original. Aka almost no good fire types and all that shit. Hope they add some new lines to the regional dex. Eevee line upto umbreon, houndoom line, maybe the hitmons line too...
They didn't keep the exact roster. Those whose evolutions couldn't easily be prevented by denying the item that triggers it were included. For example, Mamoswine and Yanmega. If they include Eevee, I want all of them in it and be able to evolve all the Eeveelutions. (it bugged the hell out of me that you couldn't get Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, or Magnezone in HG/SS) That means a Mossy Rock in Petalburg Woods and an Icy Rock somewhere in the back of Shoal Cave. (and Pokemon Amie for Sylveon) Actually, I'd like those included anyway even if Eevee isn't in the regional dex.

Yeah, Houndoom would make a pretty sweet non-KFC's pet Fire-type for the game, even if it's not from Hoenn. Also if I don't get Super Training I'll be mad, even if we only get it on the post game.

Anybody think well get completely remade cities?
Probably. Though with the pokemart-pokecenter split, they might keep it mostly the same as it was in the originals. I think we'd get something like HGSS levels of remade cities. Not much restructuring, but lots of visual improvements.

Speaking of Mega Sableye, it's impenetrable jewel and Wonder Guard, it's worth noting that several other Pokédex entries, such as those of Cloyster, Golem, Bastiodon and most notably Tyranitar, speak of apparent invulnerability. Go look up Tyranitar's Gold entry, it makes a claim just as bold as Mega Sableye's, if not even bolder.

Mega Sableye's info also notes that the jewel can't be scratched, and that Sableye hides behind it, but nowhere is it stated that the jewel is a perfect shield that offers total protection. It could be that Sableye is vulnerable to attacks directed around the shield, and that while its Defenses may be sky high, it isn't impervious in any way, and so its Ability doesn't necessarily have to lean on invulnerability.
Btw it was never new to us that scratching Sableye was not that successful.
So this would only confirm:
1. Sableye retains ghost type after Megaevolution
2. Scratch stays normal type :)

Yeah, Houndoom would make a pretty sweet non-KFC's pet Fire-type for the game, even if it's not from Hoenn. Also if I don't get Super Training I'll be mad, even if we only get it on the post game.
If they reintroduce the Safari Zone in the game, then we could hope for the post-game Emerald area to be pre-game so that we can get Houndour. I'd like to see that happen.

Hoenn... My very favorite games. Let's hope that they are as good as the GSC remakes, which were pretty much the best games in the series.

Y'all motherfuckers forgot the trick master. I'm just sitting here salivating at the thought of the zany 3D puzzles that will be in that house, hopefully with better rewards(GF plz TM101 Trick). Maybe we'll even get to battle him in an inverse battle, he seems like the kind of guy that could do that. The soot bag guy better come back too, I spent a long time back then to grind up soot for some of the higher up rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)