Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from battle frontier, does anyone think that the random battle tower above mauville city will return, hopefully with better prizes? And the green espeon?
Also wondering if we'll get mega johto starters like the kanto starters. Eruption megatyplosion ftw!!!
It'd be interesting to see if you'd get Johto starters as some sort of reward for later in the games, much like you get Kanto starters in HGSS for beating Red (and doing some other shit, I believe). I'm unsure however, about having mega-evolutions for them, but to me, they're the most underwhelming (but cutest!!) starter trio, so might as well u_u;

Before Mega-Sceptile and Mega-Steroids were revealed, I was hoping it would be a similar situation to X Y where you are given the Johto starters and they have Megas themselves. I don't think it will happen the othre way with only the regional starters getting megas and free starters from the other realm, because ... I dunno, they'd kinda be weak and trivial by that point.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
will these games let you trade from x and y before you have beat the game in oras. well in leaf green and fire red the game did not let you trade to rse before beating elite four in lg and fr. however hg and ss let you trade with pdp before beating the game in hg and ss.

will these games let you trade from x and y before you have beat the game in oras. well in leaf green and fire red the game did not let you trade to rse before beating elite four in lg and fr. however hg and ss let you trade with pdp before beating the game in hg and ss.
I'd be very surprised if you are not able to trade almost immediately. GF has really been pushing interaction between players, and preventing trading would ruin that in a big way. I'd even go a step further and say that we can can expect elements like wonder trade to be expanded upon

Also wondering if we'll get mega johto starters like the kanto starters. Eruption megatyplosion ftw!!!
I think a lot of people are already getting at this. But I think a large reason for getting a second set of starters in XY was becasue they were Megas. Megas are going to older gen mons, gen VI starters don't have them. So what better mons to be your first mega then the very first Pokemon you ever played with back as an 11 year old? I think this is largely why the list of pre-E4 megas is so restrictive. Other than Lucario and probably Gengar I don't think the average player stumbled on a combination of both the monster and the stone for the other pre-E4 megas just playing through on their own (and even if they did it's like 2 other options). So the idea was since you only get one Mega on your team they wanted to streamline that experience for the play through. They feed you 1 of 3 specific megas and they don't force any others on your team... really (Mega Lucario is were my argument breaks down a little but he was maybe an alternative for the group of kids who have been playing Pokemon for the last 8 years but not the last 15?) but... basically I don't think they wanted you to have a ton of megas on your team. They wanted you just playing through with your 1 mega.

Anyway, the feeling I get from that is that I kind of doubt the game will feed your team a specific mega (Sceptile, Blazekin, Swampert) and then come right back 1 or 2 gyms down the road and feed you another (Johto starter.) So I don't think Johto starters are getting megas this cycle. XY are the only games to give you 2 starters and the only reason they broke that tradition was so that you got to use the original starters megas IMO. Since you don't need to be fed Johto starters to get a mega on your team I kind of doubt you'll get them anytime pre-E4 if they're given to you at all (which they kind of should be, as Kurona points out they were rewards in Emerald)

Kind of glad they don't get Megas at least, they're my favourite set of starters and I don't want them to suddenly grow Christmas trees or take steroids, as much as it'd be hilarious to see on Meganium.

Kind of glad they don't get Megas at least, they're my favourite set of starters and I don't want them to suddenly grow Christmas trees or take steroids, as much as it'd be hilarious to see on Meganium.
Mega Mega. . .nium would just grow a bigger flower and look less derpy. Honestly, megas could only help those pokes as they're some of the least popular starters since gen 3 happened, and the power creep has made them worse.

I do shudder at the idea of mega Feraligatr though.

On a totally different note, want to know the best thing they could do with ORAS? Name a mega stone something other than "pokemon"ite. That way we could potentially get Mega Dragonite in the next game :)

Actually the best thing they could do in ORAS is FINALLY recognize that NOBODY uses the "deposit" and "withdraw" options on the PC and move "organize box" to the top of the list so we don't have to scroll through those useless options every time we want to edit our party.

They can probably come up with a name for Draognite's ore without altering the patern they have, like... Draognitite (pronounced Dragon-ih-tite) or... Dragonite.... haha idk...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Please keep checking the OP for little bits of news while the thread is locked.

Mega Sableye has Magic Bounce as an ability and gains boosts to Defence and Special Attack, while it loses speed (I dont know how as it only has 50 now).

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Awww fuck yes. In the same news post, it's confirmed that you can not only visit other people's Secret Bases but you can share QR codes for them. You don't even need Wi-Fi or an internet connection, this is a very cool feature! (Also for people like me that have reached the cap for 3DS friends.)

Also, inc massive EV and XP farming. And I thought training in XY was easy peasy.

Using communication features, it’s easy to connect with other players around the world to share your Secret Bases with one another. When you visit another player’s Secret Base, that base’s members will be hanging out there. You can talk to them or even battle them!
Did anyone else take this as a small implication the PSS will likely be on OR/AS?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
This is amazing... yes... and it looks better than I could even imagine; you can find your friends over the internet! Oh, the base hunts that will be organised...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anyone doubted they'd take advantage of the new social integration technology with secret bases, but it does feel good for it to finally be officially confirmed. I can't wait to play Capture the Flag again, it was a great part of Diamond and Pearl that I loved.

Blissey offers the most EXP out of every Pokemon in the game. Audino comes close, but Blissey is the true EXP cow.
Eh, at least Audino doesn't need to grind happiness... Though either at that level with EXP Share active...the thought of how much EXP overall that would be is kind of scary. Pokemon will be leveling up at practically the speed of light.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eh, at least Audino doesn't need to grind happiness...
By the time Chansey reaches level 100 or even 50, she will have reached max friendship and evolve into Blissey, so this argument is rather invalid.

On a different topic, there's apparently a new version of O-Powers involving secret bases, and they can provide different effects, such as hatching eggs faster and leveling a Pokemon up like its eating a Rare Candy. Should be quite interesting, indeed.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Serebii.net has some photos of the new character Aarune, who travels the world sharing Secret Base culture (although if he's a world traveler, makes me wonder why only Hoenn has secret bases...).

His partner is Flygon, so of course some people are already guessing he has Mega Flygon. I kinda doubted it, considering his role in the story is to teach people about Secret Bases, but it looks like (according to the second screenshot) that you do battle him, so Mega Flygon is a possibility. (Although there's no real reason to suppose he has it other than the fact that we all REALLY want it!)

I can't wait to see what the custom battling mechanics will be! It would be awesome if you could create your own version of a Sky Battle by banning certain mons and moves, or making weather/Gravity/Rooms permanent. Finally, I could be a gym leader?

Also, I REALLY want Mega Flygon now that I have a Shiny Vibrava I caught as a Trapinch in the Friend Safari. Maybe... Shiny Megas?

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I wonder if it'll be possible to create a smogon-esque ruleset for your custom battling area. That'd be pretty cool (though, I doubt it'll be so finely tuned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)