Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, it's quite simple. Sevii Islands were FRLG's aftergame, it's own unique thing, but you're okay with putting them in ORAS' aftergame. So by the same logic, is there any problem with putting DPPt's aftergame of Battle, Survival and Resort Areas in BW's aftergame?
Birth Island and Navel Rock are in FRLG and Emerald, right next to a couple of the Sevii Islands.

(Birth Island)
(Navel Rock)

So as you can see, they're quite close to the Sevii Islands. The Sevii Islands being included isn't actually that farfetched, all things considered.

Well, it's quite simple. Sevii Islands were FRLG's aftergame, it's own unique thing, but you're okay with putting them in ORAS' aftergame. So by the same logic, is there any problem with putting DPPt's aftergame of Battle, Survival and Resort Areas in BW's aftergame?
Sinnoh's after game was a part of Sinnoh already; it just wasn't accessible until after you'd completed a certain qualification. That's happened in every game, from Route 111 in Hoenn's inaccessibility until after earning the Dynamo Badge to Sunnyshore's inaccessibility until completing the Spear Pillar/Distortion World storyline. The difference is that the Sevii Islands could actually be counted as a separate region, parts of which were already accessible from Hoenn in Emerald.

All of the qualifications to include them are present; Mr. Briney's Ship, precedence (albeit through events), and the uncertainty of the remakes of the Kanto games. It certainly isn't impossible, just a bit improbable; it's something I would like to see, though. As it is, I would not be surprised to see the inclusion of Navel and Birth Islands as events, even if the Sevii Islands aren't included.

Not necessarily. Is the distance between Hoenn and these islands ever stated?
I think it's also pretty clearly obvious that they never done this for any story reason; it was just so people with the newer game could get the events to the awesome legendaries FRLG had.
Was the distance from Kanto to the Islands ever mentioned? I don't really see what their distance from Hoenn has to do with anything, given that Hoenn, Kanto, and the Sevii Islands are all based out of Japan, and they are already interconnected... Even if it was to allow Emerald access to certain legendaries, the connection was still established.

Birth Island and Navel Rock are in FRLG and Emerald, right next to a couple of the Sevii Islands.

(Birth Island)
(Navel Rock)

So as you can see, they're quite close to the Sevii Islands.
And again, this clearly wasn't GF's concern. They really didn't care about how close they might have been to the sevii islands; they were only put in because they were events.
Now, if Sevii Islands was also in RSE in all it's completion? I'd be inclined to believe you. But just because they're close to these event islands doesn't mean a thing - hell, using that logic, shouldn't Johto have been in FRLG, or Sinnoh in HGSS because of the Sinjoh ruins?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sinjoh Ruins is its own separate area, like the Sevii Isles. Both are explicitly said to not be part of the Johto and Kanto, respectively.

The fact of the matter is, having a remake from a gen with existing remakes has not happened before. It's entirely possible that they could give us throw-back elements from FRLG, as Gen III nostalgia. Sevii Islands, as an area home to islands shared with Emerald, is actually a logical way to do it. It's not crazy. I don't see what the point of all this arguing is.

I just answered your question?
Not... really?
I should probably end this argument off here tbh; it's going nowhere. I've never been able to put things into words very easily, maybe someone else with the same sort of view can later, but putting FRLG's aftergame into ORAS just because they shared an event... it just doesn't make sense to me. At all.
Maybe it will happen and you'll all be laughing at me later, but right now, I just do not see it as likely at all.

Speaking of Navel Rock and Birth Island, RSE were the first games to really have event-only locations (GS Ball and Ilex Forest don't really count, since they didn't really pan out as well as hoped). Do you guys think it's more likely we're going to see the same events as RSE--Birth Island, Faraway Island, Navel Rock, new events for different Pokemon, or different ways of obtaining these rare Pokemon outside of events?

We have our own detective agency? Since when?

Fuck off, Unova was awesome. It had the best main series plot and a lot of great competitive Mons.
Lol. Actually, I would like Unova remakes, because they'd have an opportunity to take the good things it did have, and get rid of all the terrible, terrible mistakes. A lot of things are too late, like all the terrible pokemon, but anything that could replace the trauma that was BW would be amazing

About the Pokeshops:

They can just be shops for decoration items and pokeblocks? And the regular shops still inside of the pokemon center.

I can honestly say that he one thing I'm looking forward to concerning these games is the Regi Trio! Sure, they may not be the old Gen IV or V favourites that might be brought back into these games, but I fully admit that the nostalgia of battling them the first time around and capturing them is definitely an experience I'd like to relive.

That being said, I wonder if there'll be a different method of encountering them. The braille is cool and all, but I wouldn't mind something new!
100% this, the whole process of getting to them was one of my most memorable moments in gen 3. Not to mention their battle music.

I'm also kind of hoping they improve the breeding route and add in a training place as good as Lumiose Cafes. It'd just be so disappointing if they didn't after GF's effort to make Competitive battling more easily accessible.

I just hope they improve on berry fields.

I mean... having event exclusive berries is cool and all but with berries taking days to grow now and with the new mutation mechanic could we please get some custap new or super rare berries out of this please. There is ALOT of potential with mutations

Also, just realized this will be the first time the Hoenn will actually have a day and night depicted beyond a clock in your room.
Hoenn at any time other than day will be a sight to see. I'm guessing they'll also tie this in with the Shoal Cave's high and low tides.

I just hope they improve on berry fields.

I mean... having event exclusive berries is cool and all but with berries taking days to grow now and with the new mutation mechanic could we please get some custap new or super rare berries out of this please. There is ALOT of potential with mutations
How about the return of the elemental gems other than the Normal Gem and adding a Fairy Gem? I don't know, make them findable via Rock Smash or something.

Also, just realized this will be the first time the Hoenn will actually have a day and night depicted beyond a clock in your room.
Wow, I actually forgot about that as well.. can't wait to see how beautiful Hoenn looks at night time (hopefully it gets darker than Kalos).

The one feature I'm really excited for though is secret bases, they'll be far more interesting now that we have access to play with people around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)