Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
zoro giving no fucks as usual going at it with fuji
isn't that exactly why we all love zoro :P

I love how each chapter continues to add depth to DD. Since he considers the executive staff to be his family, it really makes you wonder what he did to Cora.
why do you mention cora here right after executives?? I don't think it was implied she was ever an executive?

Pica singing the hamster dance
Can't wait for the anime lol

Well, each executive's name is a suit in spanish (and some in other languages as well). Trébol is clover, Diamante is diamond, Pica is spade, and Cora is—you guessed it—heart. It's a theory that's been out there for awhile and it makes a ton of sense, so I just rolled with it. I thought it was posted here too =S

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just read an interesting and funny as fuck theory about Crocodile being a woman that was turned to a man by Ivankov. The clues supporting this theory are the following:
  • Japanese 90s video game Romancing Saga 2. The Seven Warlords are rumored to be based on the Seven Heroes, due to the extreme similarities of each Warlord to his respective Hero, and Crocodile's respective hero is a man possessing a woman's body.
  • Oda showing us only the back of Crocodile in chapter 0, as if he wanted to hide something.
  • Ivankov threatening Crocodile to reveal a big secret of his.
  • Crocodile's androgynous figure when he was a child.
  • Some very subtle details such as first okama in OP was part of Crocodile's crew, Crocodile always wearing a fur coat, and a fur coat being in Baroque Works's jolly roger.
What do you think?

I thought the weakness ivankov was alluding to was croc's weakness to water

edit secret not weakness
Yeah it's probably this. I can't imagine Crocodile being comfortable with his one weakness becoming common knowledge(and yes i am assuming only a handful of people know this). If everyone knew a sea faring pirate was weak to water, he'd be way less intimidating. So yeah, i'd go with the most obvious option.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its odd, I'd never actually thought Ivankov was referring to Croc's weakness to water. From the first time I read it until now the only thought that had crossed my mind was that Croc was formerly a woman. It made sense to me I suppose do to how immediately and completely familiar the two characters appeared to be with each other and having just learned about Ivankov and his powers being a topical thing.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I thought the weakness ivankov was alluding to was croc's weakness to water

edit secret not weakness
There are still other big hints that can't be ignored though, namely Romancing Saga 2, Crocodile's androgynous figure when he was a child, and Oda showing us only the back of Crocodile in chapter 0, as if he wanted to hide something.

Of course when you look only at the ''Ivankov knows a secret about Crocodile'' situation then it makes sense that Ivankov talks about Croc's weakness to water, but when you add the other things the theory starts becoming more and more likely.

And i doubt that Crocodile's weakness to water is such a big secret to scare him that much, especially in a place with the strongest of the strongest, where Haki is a much bigger worry that water.

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
getting wet fully negates croc's powers, it's not a minor weakness. devil fruits are still a big deal in the new world and losing your powers is significant, especially considering that croc has mastered his fruit to a higher degree than most logia we've seen. showing only croc's back might have some significance, but his child figure is no more androgynous than mihawk or doflamingo...there's no way to definitively say obviously, but I think in this case the simplest explanation is best.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I didn't notice it the first time I saw him, but doesn't Abdullah look a lot like Hannybal? Maybe they're related somehow.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
man the translations have been kinda weird lately...i mean they've always been bad, but past 2 or 3 weeks they've been...odd...

that said, seeing the "honorable" (lol at dagama probably saying to go after usopp and co and elizabello smacking him) fighters not simply support the shs but straight up charge with them into dd's lair is awesome

as usual, can't wait for next week :X

You know what would be cool? If Jinbei joins up with Sanji and the others on the sunny pretty soon.

Last edited:
So I guess Pica is a Paramecia then?
Yeah, that's been confirmed. Pica ate the Ishi Ishi No Mi (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Ishi_Ishi_no_Mi) and became a "Stone Absorption Human.". I'm not sure how it would compare to an Earth Earth fruit, but in a place made entirely of stone such as Dressrosa, he's got a serious edge. I wonder if the changes Pica made to the islands landscape will ever be reversed.

I'll write more on the current chapter when I have time, but I'm curious- Didn't some of these new Straw Hat allies (e.g. Abdullah and Jeet) try and kill Ussop? I'm just wondering if they'll betray the group or something.

Aldaron

geriatric
Man, that's sad =(

I was double-checking because Oda took a 2 week break at almost exactly this time last year too (issues 26 / 27 I believe, this year will be 27 / 28)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea I saw that he'll be hospitalized for two weeks, very sad... I wish he'd quit smoking, his health would probably drastically improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)