ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it say about shaymin/Keldeo and victini? are they catchable too ingame through normal play or are they upcoming events?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What does it say about shaymin/Keldeo and victini? are they catchable too ingame through normal play or are they upcoming events?
They're event Pokemon so nothing on them. As for any events announced for them, sorta, it's not what you think though and I don't think we'll be getting it...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To my knowledge, the only event exclusive Pokémon ever to be made catchable without events is Zoroark (and by extension, Zorua). Event legendaries have been event exclusive for alost twenty years, and I believe the trend will hold for quite some time in the future too.

And no, the Mew glitch in RBY doesn't count.

I'm really happy that we can now get all the non-event legends with the blue pentagon and decent natures with Iv's.

Now let's get to serious things, Deoxys uh? Does that means that we can finally use the Rocket and intercept Deoxys in the stratosphere with a special suit? if not it's fine. I really want to see that Delta Episode I want it to be a crazy thing wih both evil teams having a temporal truce and us having a lot of hard battles (Which should be the least we should go trough to get an event mon like Deo).

The person in the center holding a pokeball looks really cool which is something I rarely say about a character. It looks like it going to be the bane of the evil teams and to some extente the trainers.

I'm not the only one who noticed Zinnia starts with a Z, right? And she's a lore keeper or somesuch having to do with legends?

I smell a recurring character and/or sequel hook.
This remake is just getting better as time goes one. Maybe that is the Lorekeeper of Mega-Rayquaza temple as it has a thin green aura around.

They're event Pokemon so nothing on them. As for any events announced for them, sorta, it's not what you think though and I don't think we'll be getting it...
Oh shoulda known to check serebii... Still I hope we get the pokes cos I've never caught my own shaymin before, apart from trades. Perhaps we'll get a seperate distribution, one that doesn't involve collecting pencil cases lol.

I'm not the only one who noticed Zinnia starts with a Z, right? And she's a lore keeper or somesuch having to do with legends?

I smell a recurring character and/or sequel hook.
You would not even be the first of a hundred thousand to notice that.

So if you take the legendaries out of XY that you can get, the remaining legendaries left shown in Coro Coro or already announced as obtainable are:

Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus

So nothing announced for Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta or Genesect? I thought I read something months ago that all legends were obtainable between XY and ORAS?

So nothing announced for Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta or Genesect? I thought I read something months ago that all legends were obtainable between XY and ORAS?
All non-event legendaries (as a matter of fact, I believe a distinction was drawn between 'legendary Pokemon' and 'mythical Pokemon' but don't quote me on that). So Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are almost definitely out.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Am I the only one slightly feeling that the impact of "legendary Pokémon" is somewhat reduced when you can catch over forty of them in one game? OK, even if a good portion of them are version exclusive, you'd still be able to fill a box with legendaries alone. I think the relevant term is "content inflation", and I'm interested to see what GameFreak will do to combat it in later generation. Introducing fewer legendaries per generation seems to be a good start.

Am I the only one slightly feeling that the impact of "legendary Pokémon" is somewhat reduced when you can catch over forty of them in one game? OK, even if a good portion of them are version exclusive, you'd still be able to fill a box with legendaries alone. I think the relevant term is "content inflation", and I'm interested to see what GameFreak will do to combat it in later generation. Introducing fewer legendaries per generation seems to be a good start.
I agree... To a point. I was very disappointed with XY to only be able to catch 4 legendaries per game. Platinum version on the hand, my favorite feature was the amount of legendaries you could encounter.

I'm still waiting for a game that involves the entire storyline to catch various legendaries throughout your play through of the game (Pre-E4) and use those Pokemon to help unlock later story lines to catching the cover legendary or whatever. I'm very curious to see how ORAS allows you to catch the crazy amount of legendaries you can get. I hope it's not defeat the E4 and here you go: 20 different locations to go and catch yourself a legendary. I am hoping that there is at least some plot for each group of legends. I would actually prefer for it to be really difficult too. If you only have access to 2 masterballs per playthrough, you're going to have to really decide who you want to soft reset for. Guess I should start stocking up the master balls on my X and Y versions.

I agree... To a point. I was very disappointed with XY to only be able to catch 4 legendaries per game. Platinum version on the hand, my favorite feature was the amount of legendaries you could encounter.

I'm still waiting for a game that involves the entire storyline to catch various legendaries throughout your play through of the game (Pre-E4) and use those Pokemon to help unlock later story lines to catching the cover legendary or whatever. I'm very curious to see how ORAS allows you to catch the crazy amount of legendaries you can get. I hope it's not defeat the E4 and here you go: 20 different locations to go and catch yourself a legendary. I am hoping that there is at least some plot for each group of legends. I would actually prefer for it to be really difficult too. If you only have access to 2 masterballs per playthrough, you're going to have to really decide who you want to soft reset for. Guess I should start stocking up the master balls on my X and Y versions.
... people still use Master Balls?
I honestly haven't felt the need to use one since Thundurus in White. For roamers, sure, but they've made it so much easier to catch legends now what with Dusk/Quick/Timer Balls, Critical Capture, Thunder Wave TM, box legends having a higher catch rate, Catching o-power... I literally caught Yveltal in the first Quick Ball I tossed without the o-power, no joke.

I understand what you say, for people who have yet to fill the dex is too much content to make available and that deters the legendary status as they are more "common".

In my case for example it doesn't make that much of a diference I guess it could be because I already captured the 719 pokemon but what's more important for me is for them to have the blue pentagon, and decent Iv's, something really hard to obtain before gen 6 (unless you hacked them in and I'm not a hacker and don't want to be one either) to have decent legend mons. Of course we can always restart the games over again to obtain unlimited legends from gens before 6 so I don't think it's a big deal being able to obtain them all in the ORAS.

It's just my opinion though and you could disagree but take it as another point of view others have in that matter though I also agree too much ease at obtaining them is bad at long term.

Edit: Will any of you use the Pokebank or have it already prepared to use it when ORAS comes out?

Last edited:
Just a nice little note to make; between ORAS, XY, and a few events (some japan-only...) this makes the only Pokémon so far not able to have a blue pentagon as Meloetta, Arceus and Genesect.
Also Unown but it'll probably be in ORAS anyway.

... people still use Master Balls?
I honestly haven't felt the need to use one since Thundurus in White. For roamers, sure, but they've made it so much easier to catch legends now what with Dusk/Quick/Timer Balls, Critical Capture, Thunder Wave TM, box legends having a higher catch rate, Catching o-power... I literally caught Yveltal in the first Quick Ball I tossed without the o-power, no joke.
I (and every competive battler out there) use them to ensure you can obtain one with good IV's and nature as quickly as possible. I can't imagine using anything else when trying to get a competively viable legendary. Gen 5 was fine when you could RNG and use whatever you wanted but that's not the case in Gen 6.

Just a nice little note to make; between ORAS, XY, and a few events (some japan-only...) this makes the only Pokémon so far not able to have a blue pentagon as Meloetta, Arceus and Genesect.
Also Unown but it'll probably be in ORAS anyway.
Is there a list out there or an article that shows where it says you can catch Dialga and other legendaries that wasn't listed in Coro Coro today?

Love Zinnia's design, one of the best from these games imo. Wonder why she has a Whismur and not a little Dragon-type like Bagon.
I got the notion that she uses a Whismur as an extension of her character. She's a lorekeeper of apparently Scheherazade-like status, so she may know ancient myths that should only be spoken in hushed tones.

Emphasis on the "hushed" part. And Whismur.

Is there a list out there or an article that shows where it says you can catch Dialga and other legendaries that wasn't listed in Coro Coro today?
Just look on the official pokemon website, it says Ho-Oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram can be caught. So the only Pokemon not mentioned (except event Pokemon) are Giratina and Kyurem. But these will probably still be in the game as the official Pokemon Twitter confirmed all legendaries can be caught between both games.

Hey guys new trailler is on. Apparently even the Regis will be found at those 'mirage spots', lame.
The official site has a picture of the Braille puzzle, so the Regis will probably still be found in that way.

Last edited:
Just look on the official pokemon website, it says Ho-Oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram can be caught. So the only Pokemon not mentioned (except event Pokemon) are Giratina and Kyurem. But these will probably still be in the game as the official Pokemon Twitter confirmed all legendaries can be caught between both games.
I would bet big money that Kyurem and Gira are going to be obtainable the same way Ray was in HGSS. Almost makes too much sense not to do.

But what about her Japanese name being Higana?
This one's easy.
Zinnia is a flower
Higana comes from "higanbana" which means "spider lily" (oh hey another flower)

In the language of flowers, Zinnias equate to the remembrance of those dearly beloved, and one's lasting affection for them. Red Spider Lillies are often called "the flower that blooms in the afterlife" because they're commonly found growing around cemeteries. In Japanese culture/art, they are used to depict a sorrowful scene of two people who will never meet again, likely because one of them is about to get killed off.

So Zinnia has a very strong life/death/afterlife and "unto ancient magic" theme spelled out for her. What were the species names for That accursed deer and myself???

~XY remake confirmed~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)