Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sand + Celebi
This is a nice weather core featuring Celebi, its a nice bulky grass type that sand teams always apprecitate.
Since sand always has problems with bulky waters, especially rotom w and slowbro(both mega and non mega). Since celebi has natural cure and recover, it is a mon that can repeatedly switch in on the mentioned mons, along with other water types, like keldeo, manaphy, and starmie. Celebi can also baton pass either a swords dance or nasty plot, depending on the team. TTar and Exca really appreciate the support of celebi and how its able to handle the bulky waters that are a constant nuisance to ttar and driller.

For this core, good partners would be check bulky grass types, like mega zard y. Also, something along the lines of a bulky water for balance would help for lando t. Slowbro and suicune are good for checking lando on balance. On offense, keldeo can be a good partner. All water types also appreciate celebi being able to dispose of rotom-w. In return, water types give you fire switch in, specifically tran. Keldeo in particular can check bisharp, something that this core can have trouble with if bisharp is SD.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Crunch/Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin/Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Recover

or

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
Wouldn't this set be better for celebi because its gives Celebi more bulk and it has enough speed to Baton Pass over Bisharp:

Lucifer (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold/Impish Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain/ Seed Bomb
- Nasty Plot/ Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Wouldn't this set be better for celebi because its gives Celebi more bulk and it has enough speed to Baton Pass over Bisharp:

Lucifer (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Bold/Impish Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain/ Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
Yeah, thanks for the set terry24 :]

Here is a cool offensive core I have used to success recently.

Lure Celebi + DD Mega Altaria

I saw this Celebi set somewhere on the forums a while back and have been wanting to use it. I noticed lure Celebi lures in a lot Mega Altaria's checks and counters(Ferro, Tran, Scizor, Skarmory, etc.) allowing Mega Altaria to sweep easily. Heatran is a really good partner to this core because it makes opposing Heatrans not go for the fire move against Celebi and get 2HKO'd or OHKO'd by Earth Power. Heatran also synergizes especially well with Celebi and Mega Alt. A bird check is appreciated as Celebi and Mega Alt do not like birds at all.

The Celebi set is mandatory for this core, but you could change Mega Altaria's set too bulky DD since Celebi lures in Heatran.You can also replace Earth Power on Celebi to Psychic to lure in Amoongus and Venusaur, but you would have to run Earthquake on Mega Altaria

Importable
Celebi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power\Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell/Cotton Guard/Earthquake
- Roost

Celebi's speed EVs outspeed + nature base 80's. Max SpA to maximize your damage output, and the rest is dumped into HP.
This is the standard Mega Altaria spread. The speed EVs allow you too outspeed jolly Bisharp. Max Atk for maximizing damage output and the rest is put into HP for bulk.

Some relevant Celebi calcs.
252+ SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 340-404 (105.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 264-312 (68.5 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 204-240 (59.4 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 240-284 (85.4 - 101%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 184-220 (52.2 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

I saw this Celebi set somewhere on the forums a while back and have been wanting to use it. I noticed lure Celebi lures in a lot Mega Altaria's checks and counters(Ferro, Tran, Scizor, Skarmory, etc.) allowing Mega Altaria to sweep easily. Heatran is a really good partner to this core because it makes opposing Heatrans not go for the fire move against Celebi and get 2HKO'd or OHKO'd by Earth Power. Heatran also synergizes especially well with Celebi and Mega Alt. A bird check is appreciated as Celebi and Mega Alt do not like birds at all.

The Celebi set is mandatory for this core, but you could change Mega Altaria's set too bulky DD since Celebi lures in Heatran.

Importable
Celebi @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Celebi's speed EVs outspeed + nature base 80's. Max SpA to maximize your damage output, and the rest is dumped into HP.
This is the standard Mega Altaria spread. The speed EVs allow you too outspeed jolly Bisharp. Max Atk for maximizing damage output and the rest is put into HP for bulk.

252+ SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 340-404 (105.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 264-312 (68.5 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 204-240 (59.4 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 240-284 (85.4 - 101%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 184-220 (52.2 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 160-190 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If ur using earth power celebi, why dont you use something like dd heal bell or even dd cotton guard altaria? Imo you should really take advantage of the mons that celebi lures being gone. Cool core tho ;)!

Edit: Holy shit, lure celebi + cg dd alt sounds fuckin epic, im gonna build that rn lmao

Last edited:
If ur using earth power celebi, why dont you use something like dd heal bell or even dd cotton guard altaria? Imo you should really take advantage of the mons that celebi lures being gone. Cool core tho ;)!

Edit: Holy shit, lure celebi + cg dd alt sounds fuckin epic, im gonna build that rn lmao
Good point i will edit it now :^)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Sand + Celebi
This is a nice weather core featuring Celebi, its a nice bulky grass type that sand teams always apprecitate.
Since sand always has problems with bulky waters, especially rotom w and slowbro(both mega and non mega). Since celebi has natural cure and recover, it is a mon that can repeatedly switch in on the mentioned mons, along with other water types, like keldeo, manaphy, and starmie. Celebi can also baton pass either a swords dance or nasty plot, depending on the team. TTar and Exca really appreciate the support of celebi and how its able to handle the bulky waters that are a constant nuisance to ttar and driller.

For this core, good partners would be check bulky grass types, like mega zard y, and ttar can help zard y because it can pursuit trap latis. Also, something along the lines of a bulky water for balance would help for lando t. Slowbro and suicune are good for checking lando on balance. On offense, keldeo can be a good partner. All water types also appreciate celebi being able to dispose of rotom-w. In return, water types give you fire switch in, specifically tran. Keldeo in particular can check bisharp, something that this core can have trouble with if bisharp is SD.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Crunch/Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin/Swords Dance

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold/Impish Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain/ Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass

edit-used a better suggested celebi spread.
Nice core, two things. Tyranitar doesn't need all that much defensive investment, as such I'm suggesting an EV spread of 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD which lives +1 Adamant Dragonite's earthquake. In addition, Celebi should not have nasty plot on this core because while you may have another team member that would appreciate that boost, its important for all sets to be directly relevant to the other pokemon in the core. So just get rid of NP and keep sd and sub.

Moving on, I've updated the OP and I have a core of my own (to some extent) to share.

Balanced Core

+

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Frustration
- Roost

or

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

I know a lure + mega altaria was posted above, but I find this core to be also really effective. Mega Altaria and Manaphy have excellent offensive synergy by virtue of their typing and the pokemon they check or lure in. With mono-fairy coverage, Mega Altaria is walled by Fire, Poison, and Steel types. Manaphy provides consistent pressure on Fire types such as talonflame and heatran, while packing HP Fire to target steel-types such as scizor and ferrothorn. Alternatively, Psychic is helpful to nail Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss if they trouble your team. In return, Mega Altaria checks Electric and Grass types such as Thundurus, Raikou, Celebi, Rotom-W (moreso with the heal bell set), and Mega Manectric. This core was showcased in ben gay's team in the OU Teamstudy thread here. Cotton Guard Mega Altaria has been popularized by Style, but the heal bell set works perfectly fine here as well.

Last edited:
Nice core, two things. Tyranitar doesn't need all that much defensive investment, as such I'm suggesting an EV spread of 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD which lives +1 Adamant Dragonite's earthquake. In addition, Celebi should not have nasty plot on this core because while you may have another team member that would appreciate that boost, its important for all sets to be directly relevant to the other pokemon in the core. So just get rid of NP and keep sd and sub.
ah, ty for the spread, i edited my post :]

So i thought to myself. Why not post another kyu-b core? So after looking at some of my teams i managed to come up with this awesome offensive duo.
cause who needs more defensive and balance cores?

Kyurem-black + Mega Gyarados Offensive core

This cores pretty sick honestly. Gyara and kyu work so well together its not even funny. For one kyu-b or this set in particular is walled by chansey. Well mega gyara solves that problem and sets up on her. While kyurem-b removes stuff such as azumaril (Kyu checks azu if he switches in on a water move and kos with fusion bolt) as well as remove other pesky mons that wall water+dark coverage bar maybe keldeo. But it gets better then that, not only do they have great offensive synergy but also have pretty nice defensive synergy as well such as kyu resisting electric type moves while gyra resists steel type moves for example. Personally teammate wise i like using this core on bulky teams and balance teams but im only gonna mention balance team members. Excadrill makes for a great partner resisting rock type moves and getting rid of rocks which seriously hurt both mons while pokemon such as talonflame have great offensive synergy with the two. (but make you really weak too rock coverage aka mega diancie) Defensive partners such as celebi and clefable are great defensive partners as the core is mega lop weak (cele checks lop) and clef helps take on fighting types which can be a pain. Raikou comes to mind as a great partner for this core as it can check talon and hit everything else pretty hard while CB scizor can allows kyu and gyara more switch ins with a slow u-turn. Ferrothorn also comes to mind as it resists rock and has really good defensive synergy with gyara. finally wish support is pretty good with these two as they have no means of recovery giving clefable another reason to be a good partner with these two.The spread on kyu-b is in his analysis so its nothing new. Enjoy this core!

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Also woo i got my name changed (darkshadowfire) to something not weird and long, and hit 200+ posts!

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The Celebi set is mandatory for this core, but you could change Mega Altaria's set too bulky DD since Celebi lures in Heatran.

Importable
Celebi @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell/Cotton Guard
- Roost

This core looks really neat, but I just wanted to point out that running EQ on Altaria Psychic over Earth Power on Celebi enables you to lure Venusaur and Amonguss, which are hard stops to DD Altaria, as well as deal a good chunk of damage to Talonflame, so that seems like a really good option as well.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Offensive FWG Starter Core ( Charizard Y + Feralagator + Serperior)

Or

So I haven't tried this core on a team yet but on paper it seems good Charazard Y breaks Grass and Steel-Types for Serperior. Serperior and Feralagtr weakens Charizard's checks and Counter Chansey Lati@s Fire Types or Dragon Types. Feralagator loves Serperior and Charizard weaking or KOing it checks or counters letting it DD and Sweep. Charizard X can also be used in place of Charizard Y place while still KOing the team check or counter. This team would love no hazard on the field especially of using Charizard Y so Lati@s Exadrill Starmie or Mandibizz can help with this. Keldeo + Charizard X is also a trouble for this team so Starmie or Heatran can help with this.
Charizard's Set is in Serperior Hide

Labron James (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Crunch
[HIDE/]

Lucifer (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Knock Off / Taunt / Hidden Power Ground
[HIDE/]
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest / Timid Nature
- Roost
- Flamethower/ FireBlast (If using Timid I'd advise you to use FireBlast )
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
[HIDE/]
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
[HIDE/]

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Offensive FWG Starter Core ( Charizard Y + Feralagator + Serperior)

Or

So I haven't tried this core on a team yet but on paper it seems good Charazard Y breaks Grass and Steel-Types for Serperior. Serperior and Feralagtr weakens Charizard's checks and Counter Chansey Lati@s Fire Types or Dragon Types. Feralagator loves Serperior and Charizard weaking or KOing it checks or counters letting it DD and Sweep. Charizard X can also be used in place of Charizard Y place while still KOing the team check or counter. This team would love no hazard on the field especially of using Charizard Y so Lati@s Exadrill Starmie or Mandibizz can help with this. Keldeo + Charizard X is also a trouble for this team so Starmie or Heatran can help with this.
You need sets for the core and I wouldn't go off of just theorymon when building a core as well. The only reason I can give you the benefit of the doubt is that I've used the 3 together, Zard-X in particular, and it works well but yeah in the future put sets and don't theorymon cores. Provide ones that were actually used well in practice.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
You need sets for the core and I wouldn't go off of just theorymon when building a core as well. The only reason I can give you the benefit of the doubt is that I've used the 3 together, Zard-X in particular, and it works well but yeah in the future put sets and don't theorymon cores. Provide ones that were actually used well in practice.
Lol sorry about that adding now

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Added them

This core looks really neat, but I just wanted to point out that running EQ on Altaria Psychic over Earth Power on Celebi enables you to lure Venusaur and Amonguss, which are hard stops to DD Altaria, as well as deal a good chunk of damage to Talonflame, so that seems like a really good option as well.
That actually sounds really cool I will and the slash

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Healing Wish

This core was featured on the recent Player of the Week Q&A, but I figured I would make a mention of it here. These two are an absolute nightmare for just about any team, with Landorus putting enormous pressure on stall and balance teams alike, while Lopunny cuts through offensive teams like a hot knife through butter. Thanks to Lando's ability to put enormous holes into basically any sort of team, it isn't difficult to break an offensive or balanced team down to the point where you can send in Lopunny and win. Against stall teams is where Landorus shines, so Lopunny takes a more supportive role, using Healing Wish in order to provide Lando a full heal. Few teams are able to handle a second assault from Calm Mind Landorus, which makes breaking through a much easier task.

EDIT: Firehusky you didn't see anything X(

Last edited:
Surprised this one has not been posted until now.

+

Rotom-Wash + Landorus-Therian

Alright so what I'm surprised about is that this a quite popular core yet it has never been posted here I believe. Similiar to Mega Manectric + Landorus-T, but this one is instead of offensively based, either balanced / defensively based depending on what Landorus-T is ran. Rotom-W can switch and beat the Water- and Ice-types (basically mamo, weavile and kyu-b) that can KO Landorus-T with relative ease. It also is able to get past some nasty physically defensive Pokemon Lando-T struggles to get through (For example, Hippowdon, Skarmory). Yet the most important part is not the typing synergy, it's the VoltTurn core. Rotom-W can pull of a slow Volt Switch, giving Landorus-T a free switch in and vice versa (if Lando-T is defensive). I personally like to pair this up with a Heatran or Charizard Mega X to break through Grass-types such as Ferrothorn and Serperior that threaten this core.

For balance:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Superpower

For if defensively used:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Alright I'll post another triple core, combined of two popular cores in the metagame.

Mega Sharpedo + Garchomp + Magnezone
Fusion of SHARK ATTACK + DragMag.

Alright so Sharpedo + Garchomp work great offensively because they can pave the way for one another. For example, Garchomp struggles against Hippowdon and Slowbro, which Mega Sharpedo takes care of. Normally Garchomp'd do stuff back by 2HKOing Ferrothorn and Clefable which Mega Sharpedo struggles against, but with Magnezone, Ferrothorn is taken out for sure because it gets trapped and KOed by Hidden Power Fire. Clefable is KOed by Flash Cannon, Mega Altaria is KOed by Flash Cannon, and Azumarill and Keldeo are beaten by Thunderbolt, while Magnezone can also grab momentum with Volt Switch. The main thing why I added Magnezone is because now, you can run SD which greatly help with sweeping opposing teams with Garchomp, while Mega Sharpedo does not need to run Poison Fang to get past the Fairy-types that bother it, and it can use Ice Beam to OHKO defensive Lando-T after Stealth Rock, which Waterfall cannot (it only 3hkoes standard 252/240+ w/ leftovers. I'm also preferring Waterfall over Hydro Pump because it generally does more damage. It also still manages to either OHKO or 2HKO ttar, hippowdon, gliscor, terrakion, and mamoswine). Finally, these three offensive Pokemon all appreciate the Stealth Rock support Garchomp brings.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Surprised this one has not been posted until now.

+

Rotom-Wash + Landorus-Therian

Alright so what I'm surprised about is that this a quite popular core yet it has never been posted here I believe. Similiar to Mega Manectric + Landorus-T, but this one is instead of offensively based, either balanced / defensively based depending on what Landorus-T is ran. Rotom-W can switch and beat the Water- and Ice-types (basically mamo, weavile and kyu-b) that can KO Landorus-T with relative ease. It also is able to get past some nasty physically defensive Pokemon Lando-T struggles to get through (For example, Hippowdon, Skarmory). Yet the most important part is not the typing synergy, it's the VoltTurn core. Rotom-W can pull of a slow Volt Switch, giving Landorus-T a free switch in and vice versa (if Lando-T is defensive). I personally like to pair this up with a Heatran or Charizard Mega X to break through Grass-types such as Ferrothorn and Serperior that threaten this core.

For balance:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Superpower

For if defensively used:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

[/hide]
You might wanna change rotom-ws spread to 252 hp / 212 def / 44 speed so you can speed creep bd or cb (i i think)azu. its pretty important.

Cool balanced core consisting of CM Reuniclus and SubCM Keldeo.

CM Reuniclus is a really fun mon to use. It's insanely hard to break past without a crit once it's gotten up a few boosts, and is deceivingly bulky when fully invested in HP and Defense. CM Reuniclus can easily steamroll stall teams, as stall teams usually don't have answer to this monster. However, it has trouble against Dark-types such as Bisharp, Mega Sableye, and Tyranitar, which are immune to its main STAB attack. This is where SubCM Keldeo comes into play. It's a great counter to all of the aforementioned threats, and can also set up on Mega Sableye. It's main counters, Celebi, Tentacruel, and Mega Venusaur, are all set up fodder for the mighty Reuniclus. Reuniclus and Keldeo have really solid offensive and defensive synergy together, with Keldeo handling Reuniclus's counters and checks, while Reuniclus can set up on Keldeo's checks and counters. Specs Keldeo is also another great option as it can easily overpower Unaware Pokemon such as Clefable.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Recover

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

or

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power Electric
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Last edited:
I would go Specs Keldeo over CM Keldeo in that core, because Specs Keldeo can overpower Unaware mons easily, whereas the current core has problems with Unaware Quag and Clefable.
Quagsire is pretty uncommon tbh, but I'll agree that Unaware Clefable can definitely be pretty annoying.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Balance Core: M-Venusaur + Weavile + Manaphy

+
+

Eh this is more bulky offense but I'll just call it balance for the sake of not having a million cores in the offensive core section and the fact that M-Venusaur is a pretty solid defensive backbone in general. Everything is pretty standard with M-Venusaur checking the bulky waters and fairies hate M-Altaria while being an annoyance to a bunch of balance builds, Weavile taking a dump on your typical outdated offensive cores that people think are still relevant along with some newer offensive builds coming up and giving the team a chance against Landorus and some other threats, and Shadow Ball Manaphy turning all of M-Venusaurs slower Psychic checks into a liability along with making beating some stuff like M-Slowbro with neutral hits on Ferrothorn. I mean you can change around the sets for whatever but for the sake of the team it's being used on this stuff worked pretty well. M-Venusaur is there for the sake of having checks to stuff that cleans the the two others like M-Manectric and M-Lopunny. I mean like most cores you can take or leave whatever really since I think Weavile + Manaphy by itself is also great and maybe Landorus in the back with those two to literally laugh at the meta. Banded Scizor is what I use as a secondary check to fairies so that works as well.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Tail Glow

Offensive Core: M-Ampharos + Heatran + Mew

+
+

This was inspired by Stylez in her OST game against radian that I thought was a really cool concept that I wanted to try out. The scarf Heatran was for the sake of having a Fairy switch-in so can't really say this is any sort of original concept but just thought I would make people aware. Pretty simple, you pass boosts to M-Ampharos or secondary passer in this case Heatran to clean with M-Ampharos ignoring abilities and having lots of power behind it threatens a lot of builds off the bat and after an Agility or two you blast through offense. Heatran cleans up fairies and annoyances to M-Ampharos generally such as Fairies prior to gaining boosts. Mew to me in this seems better off going specially defensive but you have the option of going a more defensive route if need be. I guess the necessity to gain these boosts before hand is kind of hard but generally if you have stuff like Keldeo and stuff to combat offense and offensive ground users it should be fine as the premise itself breaks stall and slower balance.
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Agility

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot

or

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot

Too much hipster stuff to have any more defensive cores right now ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)