Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw someone ask if Mega Heracross was still viable (lol it is don't kid yourself) so here's a look that I've been playing with recently:
+

A very simple foundation that uses Heatran to handle Heracross' would be stops. You pretty much have to play around Heracross to beat it from a defensive standpoint, and a big part of that is the utilization of bulky Fairies to take STAB hits, which they resist. That's where Air Balloon Tran comes in. The bulky Fairies that give Hera trouble (Clefable, defensive Altaria) are shutdown or hard checked by Air Balloon Tran. I find a Fire Blast / Flash Cannon / Stone Edge / Taunt works best because Flash Cannon beats defensive Mega Altaria using Earthquake and Stone Edge picks off Talonflame. You could also go Earth Power > Stone Edge, especially if you have another Talon check. Tran also takes care of any kind of Counter / BB Skarm that tries to "check" Heracross with Sturdy. In return, Heracross breaks down pretty much everything else from a defensive perspective. Heracross isn't on the forefront of a lot of people's minds right now and this core makes an effort to take advantage of it.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute / Swords Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge / Earth Power
- Taunt

Last edited:
Anyone have any good cores (offensive) with mega blastoise?
p sure toise is really solid with kyurem-black. i dont have too much experience with it so i wont post sets, but im pretty sure theres a team in the workshop with it.

+

So here's an offensive core I've been using that consists of Emboar and CM Latios, two hella strong wallbreakers that punch holes in more defensive cores. Emboar's criminally underrated in this meta, as it's singlehandedly able to beat common walls like Skarmory, Chansey, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, while also providing a nifty check to Scizor and Bisharp. CM Latios appreciates all of these mons eliminated and is really hard to stop once all of its checks/counters are gone and likewise really appreciates Emboar being able to take on pursuit trappers and breaking the aforementioned walls. Flame or Fist Plate is used over Choice Band on Emboar for this particular core so you can bluff Choice Band against Heatrans who think you're locked into Flare Blitz and crush it with a Superpower. Good partners for this core are mons handle Mega-Altaria, who is a huge threat for this core. Scizor or Mega Scizor are cool partners for this core, as they're able to eliminate fairies like Mega Altaria or Gardevoir, while pursuit trapping opposing Latis.
Emboar @ Flame/Fist Plate
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch/Head Smash/who cares

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Roost

s/o to Hootie, teambuilding partner in crime

That's the only one - funnily enough it's by me in my 'toise is the best ever' phase.
I'd like to add that as someone who's used Toise a lot, it doesn't really fit well onto offence. If you really want to use it it works wonders on balance cores.
Is there really only one mega toise core? Thats just weird. But yeah it fits really well on balence and bulky offence. Id also recomend mega blast+Scizor as blast has trouble breaking past some bulky fairies if not running hydro.

Is there really only one mega toise core? Thats just weird. But yeah it fits really well on balence and bulky offence. Id also recomend mega blast+Scizor as blast has trouble breaking past some bulky fairies if not running hydro.
thanks guys! rn i got a pretty decent team with it (bulky offense) and its working great hes a pretty nice late game cleaner/spinner

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Defensive Core: Mega Charizard-X + Skarmory

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
Originally I was gonna add Slowbro but the core itself is more just capitalizing on bulky Will-O-Wisp Zard-X with Dragon Tail phasing out opponents into Skarmory's spikes mostly. With that said pretty basic most of Zard-X's harder checks like M-Diancie and non Focus Blast Landorus are taken care of by Skarmory while Charizard-X provides defensive synergy in being resistant to Fire and Electrics that annoy Skarmory. Core is best suited with a fat water like previously mentioned Slowbro, I personally like Grass Knot / Foul Play Rocky Helmet Slowbro for the Gyarados variants. Along with Slowbro fat psychics like Cresselia, Reuniclus, and Slowking work really well with the core as well. Porygon2 albeit an acquired taste is actually really solid with this core as it puts less burden on Charizard-X in defensively checking Gengar. A couple of good water resists like Tentacruel, Starmie, Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Celebi work well also. Crophy gets a special mention as a team-mate especially if you're running Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Roost, Will-O-Wisp which is what I personally run on one the stall team this core originated from. You can also speed creep with Zard-X to hit certain benchmarks like outrunning Jolly Bisharp or something with 108 Speed.

AM Edit: 12/18/15 Changed spreads to reflect meta so might not be accurate to description.

Balanced Core: Mega Blastoise + Latias + Talonflame

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
Man it took this long to put together a Mega Blastoise core and call it a day? Been playing around with it for a bit so I guess I'll give you my insight in that I don't like Rapid Spin on Mega Blastoise when that extra coverage move gives it a lot more dimension to break a bunch of aspects of Balance. Latias is defogger and electric / grass resist for the core, moveset is really basic and customizable to team needs such as HP Fire or Thunderbolt. Specially Defensive Talonflame to provide some leverage to non Rock Slide Landorus, burns Scizor, Ferrothorn, and a bunch of conventional switch ins like Hippowdon and Tyranitar while giving the team sort of a end game through bulk up. Gliscor and fat grounds like Hippo work well with the core, Celebi works well to either pass on Nasty Plot boosts to Mega Blastoise or just provide it utility with Heal Bell, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, w/e. Scarftar makes handling Psychics way easier so Mega Blastoise isn't too pressured to do that. You could break apart this core and add Rapid Spin to Blastoise and then put Klefki in the mix with Spikes support and use Lati@s with 3 attacks / Roost or Calm Mind set.

Balanced Core: Mega Latias + Heatran + Clefable

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
Man I had to put this somewhere cause apparently the only Mega Latias core there was had Cobalion during the Mega Mence era with SubCM when 2 attacks / CM right now has been doing extremely well in tour play right now. The Mega Latias spread like most spreads is generally just the basic one to outpace standard Garchomp which also includes outpacing Landorus. Surf is to hit Heatran, grounds, Tyranitars, Bisharp and anything neutral to water or immune to Psychic really. Heatran provides defensive utility with its typing that grants the core a much needed Fairy resistance along with all the benefits of Heatrans defensive typing such as providing a Lati switch in as one example. Unaware Clefable gives the core something to tackle Knock Off users and general Dark type attacks. Calm Mind Unaware gives the core an edge against other set up sweepers such as other Mega Latias, Reuniclus, Suicune, M-Gallade, SD Garchomp, DDance Dragonite and Mega Altaria. I've seen different options on Mega Latias as of late such as Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Reflect Type and HP Fighting along with Roost, Calm Mind, and Stored Power so that's something to consider as well. Roar on Heatran is nice if you're going for hazard stacking.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Alright i got a cool core for you guys ive been using recently. Fits really well on offensive team.

Mega Lopunny + Scarf Kyurem-B + Manaphy

pretty cool offensive core right here that can break common defensive builds as well as offensive build with ease. Mega lop give hyper offence as well as balence team a ton of trouble but even with pup has trouble breaking past fat mons and stall. But no fear as manaphy is here to aid lop in breaking past stall thanks to tail glow mana does this with no effort capable of breaking stuff like hippo and bro which are mons lop has trouble getting past. Hp fire manaphy helps lop and kyu-b quite a bit as it lures in ferrothorn and mega scizor which are again huge threats to this core. Last of kyu-b Serves as the revenge killer typically for picking off weakend mons and despite not being lo is still really hard to switch into. Stab outrage coming off of kyu-bs massive attack is really scary as nothing really wants to take that. Of course it struggles with steels which is where lop and mana come into play removing pesky steels for kyu-b. Good teammates for this core really depend on what playstyle you wanna go towards as it IS possible to turn this into a balence team. For this reason mons such as clefable, jirachi and heatran make for fantastic partners being able to either resist fighting type moves or fairy type moves which this core can struggle against. If a more offensive take fits your fancy mons such as lando-I, Latios and magnezone can function well being able to lure and trap steels removing hazards or taking advantage of all the carnage this core leaves behind respectively. Overall this cores perfect if you want to break past rather common playstyles. Enjoy!

Doctor Ciel (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

Frozen Marc (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Ice Beam

Mega Magic Bounce (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Defensive Core: Mega Charizard-X + Skarmory

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
Originally I was gonna add Slowbro but the core itself is more just capitalizing on bulky Will-O-Wisp Zard-X with Dragon Tail phasing out opponents into Skarmory's spikes mostly. With that said pretty basic most of Zard-X's harder checks like M-Diancie and non Focus Blast Landorus are taken care of by Skarmory while Charizard-X provides defensive synergy in being resistant to Fire and Electrics that annoy Skarmory. Core is best suited with a fat water like previously mentioned Slowbro, I personally like Grass Knot / Foul Play Rocky Helmet Slowbro for the Gyarados variants. Along with Slowbro fat psychics like Cresselia, Reuniclus, and Slowking work really well with the core as well. Porygon2 albeit an acquired taste is actually really solid with this core as it puts less burden on Charizard-X in defensively checking Gengar. A couple of good water resists like Tentacruel, Starmie, Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Chesnaught, Celebi work well also. Crophy gets a special mention as a team-mate especially if you're running Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Roost, Will-O-Wisp which is what I personally run on one the stall team this core originated from. You can also speed creep with Zard-X to hit certain benchmarks like outrunning Jolly Bisharp or something with 108 Speed.

Balanced Core: Mega Blastoise + Latias + Talonflame

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Talonflame (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
Man it took this long to put together a Mega Blastoise core and call it a day? Been playing around with it for a bit so I guess I'll give you my insight in that I don't like Rapid Spin on Mega Blastoise when that extra coverage move gives it a lot more dimension to break a bunch of aspects of Balance. Latias is defogger and electric / grass resist for the core, moveset is really basic and customizable to team needs such as HP Fire or Thunderbolt. Specially Defensive Talonflame to provide some leverage to non Rock Slide Landorus, burns Scizor, Ferrothorn, and a bunch of conventional switch ins like Hippowdon and Tyranitar while giving the team sort of a end game through bulk up. Gliscor and fat grounds like Hippo work well with the core, Celebi works well to either pass on Nasty Plot boosts to Mega Blastoise or just provide it utility with Heal Bell, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, w/e. Scarftar makes handling Psychics way easier so Mega Blastoise isn't too pressured to do that. You could break apart this core and add Rapid Spin to Blastoise and then put Klefki in the mix with Spikes support and use Lati@s with 3 attacks / Roost or Calm Mind set.

Balanced Core: Mega Latias + Heatran + Clefable

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
Man I had to put this somewhere cause apparently the only Mega Latias core there was had Cobalion during the Mega Mence era with SubCM when 2 attacks / CM right now has been doing extremely well in tour play right now. The Mega Latias spread like most spreads is generally just the basic one to outpace standard Garchomp which also includes outpacing Landorus. Surf is to hit Heatran, grounds, Tyranitars, Bisharp and anything neutral to water or immune to Psychic really. Heatran provides defensive utility with its typing that grants the core a much needed Fairy resistance along with all the benefits of Heatrans defensive typing such as providing a Lati switch in as one example. Unaware Clefable gives the core something to tackle Knock Off users and general Dark type attacks. Calm Mind Unaware gives the core an edge against other set up sweepers such as other Mega Latias, Reuniclus, Suicune, M-Gallade, SD Garchomp, DDance Dragonite and Mega Altaria. I've seen different options on Mega Latias as of late such as Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Reflect Type and HP Fighting along with Roost, Calm Mind, and Stored Power so that's something to consider as well. Roar on Heatran is nice if you're going for hazard stacking.

Enjoy.
Just to add on to AM's amazing mega blastoise core AV raikou is a great mon to use with that core proving extra coverage to bird spam and giving you some momentum with volt switch

Set
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Just to add on to what AM said AV raikou is a great mon to use with that mega blastoise core proving extra coverage to bird spam and giving you some momentum with volt switch

Set
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory/Aura Sphere
I wouldn't bother with Aura Sphere since it locks you into a +SpA nature rather than +Spe, I think it's a Rash nature to be more specific.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I'm bad at this so don't hate me :] For my ORAS OU Balanced Core I present to you Sharknado ft. Mega Sharpedo Garchomp. Shoutout to Team Pokepals of giving me the idea of the core.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 228 Atk / 32 Spa / 252 Spe
Adamant/Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Mega Sharpedo and Defensive Garchomp work well together as a balanced core. Mega Sharpedo is UU pokemon that plays as a mid/late game cleaner and if played well it can sweep teams. Sharpedo has a big weakness, is to electric types and physical pokemon such as fighting types so Garchomp can play its role. Optional is Hydro Pump to hit Physical Walls, such as Skarmory and Defensive Lando-T, or just run the normal Waterfall. Sharpedo has a great ability Speed Boost which raises speed in one turn, making it outspeed most mons (At +1 speed, it speed ties with max speed Scarf Lando-T) Garchomp on the other hand plays the defensive role setting up Stealth Rocks and taking physical damage from opponents making them take 25% damage which weakness them to let sharpedo sweep. Against defensive teams, Garchomp's Toxic will cripple pokemon in a couple of turns. Of course every core can't beat every mon such as the Geni Core having a trouble with Ice Types and this Sharknado core have problems with Fairy Types. That is what the other 4 mons are for, to help balance the team with the Core. I hope you like this core, and if I did anything wrong I shall fix it. Have a nice day ^_^

Last edited:
heres an offensive core
+

Sharpedo is a hella powerful mon, but it needs a good amount of support to work. Most of the needed support is weakening of its checks, such as Keldeo, M-Scizor, Thundurus, bulky Grass- and Water-types. Dragalge can handle all of the mons or categories of mons previously listed, and is just a really powerful wallbreaker in general that can get past most physical walls that get in the way of sharp, such as Alomamola. Dragalge also provides residual damage in toxic spikes, which synergizes well with Sharpedo, as its able to get nice residual damage in tandem with protect. Hidden power fire is preferred on this particular Dragalge for its ability to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn for reliable damage. In return, Sharpedo can get rid of Psychic-types, and does great against the hyper-offensive teams without Talonflame that Dragalge often struggles against due to its low speed. It's also worth noting that since Dragalge doesn't have focus blast, so it really appreciates that Sharpedo can hit Heatran with a Hydro Pump or an Earthquake (if you choose to use that in your fourth slot). This core appreciates something that can set hazards and check priority users (particularly talonflame), which makes something like Tyranitar or Garchomp a good pick. The core should definitely have something to switch into scarf Landorus-T, such as your own Landorus or a Keldeo a good teammate.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 236 Atk / 92 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Earthquake/Destiny Bond/who cares

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Offensive Core: Mega Scizor + Heliolisk

+

What comes to mind when you think of things that Mega Scizor hates having to face? Mainly fire-types, bulky grounds, bulky waters, offensive electrics, and the omnipresent Scald. Some of you may think I'm joking at first, but Heliolisk is a decent answer to them all. Heliolisk cannot necessarily counter them, but it can definitely deal with them all. All relevant fire-types are either OHKO'd by a Specs Thunderbolt or 2HKO'd by Surf after a little prior damage. All bulky grounds are 2HKO'd by Surf or Hyper Voice. All relevant electrics but AV Raikou - which can't do anything back and still is 3HKO'd, don't appreciate taking the Hyper Voice at all. Even the somewhat rare offensive Mega Venusaur which Mega Scizor doesn't like facing gets 2HKO'd after rocks. Heliolisk also loves switching into Scalds which Scizor hates taking - and can Volt Switch out of the Water or predict a switch-in.

Mega Scizor doesn't just sit back and contribute nothing to Heliolisk's welfare, as the electric reptile appreciates Scizor's ability to check powerful attackers that outspeed and threaten to murder it such as Latis, Mega Meta, Mega Diancie, etc. The overall goal of the core is for Heliolisk to break down Mega Scizor's checks and counters while Mega Scizor sometimes pops in to threaten out Heliolisk's checks and counters and finally aiming for a sweep. However, this core is rather lacking in terms of type synergy and appreciates pokemon that generally can take a fire-type move, can deal with Talonflame, and decently check Tornadus-T, Mixed Thundurus, and Mega Gallade.

The Scizor spread is the standard dex Bulky SD set.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 190-224 (49.3 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 235-277 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raikou: 195-231 (60.7 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 294-348 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 220-261 (52.3 - 62.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Doesn't need to necessarily predict it)
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 238-282 (67.6 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Volt Switch

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Core:

Mega Gyarados + Toxicroak

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall / Earthquake
- Substitute / Taunt / Ice Fang

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Shoutout to ThePack as he is the one who put me onto this core. Sorry if you were gonna post this bro but you seemed more interested in building teams and weren't online when I decided to make this post :((

Anyway this core has great offensive synergy akin to the Mega Doom + Croak core. Basically Gyarados hates fairy types such as Clefable, Mega Altaria, Azumarill and so on, as well as things like Chesnaught, Mega Venusaur and Keldeo. Toxicroak has poison type STAB to eliminate fairy types and can set up on and beat the latter 3 pokemon.

Croak struggles with bulky ground types like Hippowdon, Landorus-T, Rocky Helmet Garchomp as well as psychic types like Slowbro, Starmie and Latias. Gyarados can take all these pokemon out after a Dragon Dance (bar Hippo and Slowbro which are 2HKO'd) as well as checking threats like Landorus and Talonflame in pre-Mega-Evo form thanks to Intimidate and its typing.

Toxicroak's set is pretty standard although Knock Off is an option over Sucker Punch if you need to weaken switch-ins more than needing a buffer against faster threats. I threw a bunch of slashes on Gyarados because although Croak in theory handles stuff like Keldeo, Earthquake helps a ton with Rotom-Wash and Ice Fang provides some nice coverage on Mega Altaria, Mega Venusaur, Dragonite, and Garchomp.

Partners to this core should check electric types like Thundurus, Raikou and Mega Manectric as well as offensive Fairy types that outspeed Toxicroak and Gyarados before a DD such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir as well as DD variants of Mega Altaria. Mons to check and wear down Keldeo and Azumarill are also appreciated since Toxicroak can't take Specs Secret Swords and neither mon can take hits from Azumarill very well. Also have something to deal with bulky steel types as Gyarados is okay against them but has no way to hit things like Mega Scizor super effectively and it can smack Gyarados if Gyarados has already Mega Evolved. Also bring something for flying types like Torn-T, Mega Pinsir, etc. Healing Wish users are also nice partners since Gyarados has no way of healing itself and getting a second chance to sweep can ensure victory.

I found Scarf Jirachi to play this role quite well as it checks offensive fairies and could get a Healing Wish off against most things thanks to its speed. Mamoswine is a good partner for beating electrics and providing a backup plan against DD Altaria if it gets a DD up. Specs Raikou is also a pretty decent partner since it better checks Skarmory and Mega Scizor along with electrics and just has a good matchup against offense in general.

Last edited:
Balance Core

wobbuffet + lopunny

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Healing Wish

This is a cool core I came up with after fiddling around with Wobbuffet. One thing Wobbuffet does amazingly is punishing switches, trapping, and effectively getting rid of the opposing threat. Unfortunately, this entire process is usually at the cost of the majority of Wobb's HP. This is where Healing Wish Lopunny comes in. Not only does it take advantage of the switches that Wobbufett forces (after being locked into a non-attacking move by encore) by dealing out massive damage to anything that wants to come in, it has the ability to heal up Wobb back to full and thus doubling it's value. This works amazingly because the mons that like to come in on Loppunny are usually bulky things that are easily trapped by Fet. Wobb tends to attract strong Knock Off's, U-Turn's and Shadow Balls, all of which Lopunny can take fairly well.

This core works very well with hazard stack. It allows Lopunny to get kills easier, and your opponent will be switching quite a bit if they are locked into non-attacking move by Wobbuffet.

I'm bad at this so don't hate me :] For my ORAS OU Balanced Core I present to you Sharknado ft. Mega Sharpedo Garchomp.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Mega Sharpedo and Defensive Garchomp work well together as a balanced core. Mega Sharpedo is UU pokemon that plays as a mid/late game cleaner and if played well it can sweep teams. Sharpedo has a big weakness to electric types and physical pokemon such as fighting types so Garchomp. Sharpedo has a great ability Speed Boost which raises speed in one turn, making it outspeed most mons (At +1 speed, it speed ties with max speed Scarf Lando-T) Garchomp on the other hand plays the defensive role setting up Stealth Rocks and taking physical damage from opponents making them take 25% damage which weakness them to let sharpedo sweep. Against defensive teams, Garchomp's Toxic will cripple pokemon in a couple of turns. Of course every core can't beat every mon such as the Geni Core having a trouble with Ice Types and this Sharknado core have problems with Fairy Types. That is what the other 4 mons are for, to help balance the team with the Core. I hope you like this core, and if I did anything wrong I shall fix it. Have a nice day ^_^.
On verge of a new RMT w/ this core ATM, great core fren, if I do succeed in making an RMT, make sure to give you a well-deserved shoutout ;]

SUN OFFENSIVE CORE

Seriously though, Sun is rather underrated right now. I have tried using this core for a while in a Sun team and it gets me to very high ladder rank (around #10). I even plan to feature this core in an upcoming RMT for Sun team which is definitely innovative and effective.

Most people assume a Sun team must go with Charizard-Y as a Mega choice, but that really undermines the true potential of Sun team. Instead, I go for the classic Ninetales with Heat Rock, and a devastating sweeper Venusaur with Growth although Sleep Powder may also be a weaker choice. Alternatively, some Sun setter such as Heat Rock Sunny Day Klefki works fine too, but yeah this core only works if the Sun is up for a long time and the best partner so far for this core is Heat Rock Ninetales.

Typing-wise, they cover each others almost perfectly. For example, Venusaur is a good check to Azumarill, Rotom-W, Keldeo, Amoonguss, Serperior which Diancie-M doesn't like, and in exchange Diancie-M deals with Talonflame, Pidgeot-M, Heatran, and so on... After a boost, Venusaur wrecks almost everything bar Talonflame (which can revenge kill it) or Heatran (unless you run Earthquake on Venusaur). Diancie-M, on the other hand, can OHKO many stuff straightforwardly, mainly Dragons such as Lati@s which Venusaur fails to OHKO without a boost and can be OHKOed back by Psyshock, or Heatran which Venusaur hates so bad. Moreover, Diancie-M is a Bouncer so it really discourage Stealth Rocker from setting up and perfectly work for Sun Team. The core wrecks Offensive team and Defensive/Stall team easily, and it hurts on Rain badly too.

The coverage of the core is almost optimum, but since it's part of a Sun team an additional Defogger will be welcomed. Lati@s is a great choice as it can also abuse HP Fire in Sun, and Latias has Healing Wish which heals both Diancie-M and Venusaur in a niche of time. Zapdos works well since it is able to deal with Ferrothorn and Scizor and can also abuse Heat Wave. Take note that it's part of a Sun team, so Ninetales/Klefki/anything that can set up the weather reliably works. Some heavy hitter early-or-late game works too since you can choose to sweep by Venusaur early game or late game, and with that Choice Band Dragonite/Choice Scarf Victini/Choice Scarf Landorus-T/... works as well. Remember, you are running Sun Team so you'd better watch out for the amount of Pokemon that are weak to SR in your team especially if you run Ninetales.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Last edited:
Metagross+lando+Keldeo Offensive core

Here is a song to listen to while reading:

This is a fairly intermediate core as it relies on you being able to predict and have good timing. Ill start with explaining what landorus does as its by far the most interesting set. OK so landorus' job is to lure physical walls like skarmory which it traps with block and then knocks out of the air with smack down so it can hit it with a strong earth plate boosted EQ, in addition it also takes out ferrothorn and slowbro for mmeta to sweep with agility, it also has swords dance to ensure it can truly be that feared wallbreaker. Keldeo's job is to weaken other pokemon like starmie to make it easier for mmeta to sweep, it has covet because its mostly used as a bisharp switch in and at least it can still have an item after it gets knocked off, it has a spare moveslot anyway so it doesnt really matter all that much.
Now for the star of the core: Metagross Mega; its job is to sweep. thats it. its an agility sweeper. i decided to use EQ over hammer arm as it doesnt lower its speed, which is always nice. also gets the kill on offensive starmie after rocks.

This core offcourse has no hazard control, this however isnt a terrible thing because its not weak to it either, it is however weak vs a couple of things namely other keldeo and talonflame, but it can deal with those accordingly, mmeta takes on keldeo 1v1 and landorus checks talonflame.

You will find the sets a short explanation of the EV's here:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Agility

Why not aim to outspeed heatran, its not that much more from the normal agility sets

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Block
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down

meant to outspeed bisharp and still have some bulk

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Covet

Normal keldeo ev's for a normal keldeo

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Balance Core

wobbuffet + lopunny

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Healing Wish

This is a cool core I came up with after fiddling around with Wobbuffet. One thing Wobbuffet does amazingly is punishing switches, trapping, and effectively getting rid of the opposing threat. Unfortunately, this entire process is usually at the cost of the majority of Wobb's HP. This is where Healing Wish Lopunny comes in. Not only does it take advantage of the switches that Wobbufett forces (after being locked into a non-attacking move by encore) by dealing out massive damage to anything that wants to come in, it has the ability to heal up Wobb back to full and thus doubling it's value. This works amazingly because the mons that like to come in on Loppunny are usually bulky things that are easily trapped by Fet. Wobb tends to attract strong Knock Off's, U-Turn's and Shadow Balls, all of which Lopunny can take fairly well.

This core works very well with hazard stack. It allows Lopunny to get kills easier, and your opponent will be switching quite a bit if they are locked into non-attacking move by Wobbuffet.
Just saying, you probably want to put custap berry on Wobbufet because prankster Destiny Bond is really nice for taking things down before you die.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cutsap doesn't give you priority, it treats your speed as the highest in your priority bracket when it's activated. A Pokemon using an actual priority Attack will go before you.

Still a good item for Wobb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)