Other ORAS Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What significant things does Naive scarf outspeed that Mild scarf can't? If nothing then I think Hydreigon would like the extra power
Jolly Scarf Lando, Adamant Scarf Garchomp, Naive scarf Kyurem B, and Jolly +1 Zard X (as they run enough speed to outspeed Lando T). There's also a few other things I'm missing like random speed boosters with certain EV spreads (like bulky DD Mence and shit like that), but tl;dr Hydreigon needs the speed that Naive gives him to perform his now useful niche as a scarfer.

Regular Venusaur isn't as useful here due to less bulk overall.
After doing calcs I see what you mean. Though it takes a bit more from Secret Sword, it can do more damage back and it can switch with Regenerator if needed. It can also take Icy Winds good enough to beat it 1 v 1 (though I don't know how smart it is for either trainer in that situation to stay in lol).

Here is a core that I've been using for some time:

+

Two Calm Minders: Sable and Fable. Sable breaks 70% of the meta; Fable breaks the other 30%.
The general idea of this core is to have 2 win conditions that, if played correctly, should not lose to any most pokemon. That includes other Calm Minders.

Elaboration:

The core has an end goal to be reached; a dream to be realized, and that is breaking through teams with a Calm Mind sweep. However, that is easier said than done. CM'ers have some major issues besides type weaknesses, and one of these issues is getting past opposing CM'ers.

In Mega Sableye's case, it cannot beat Crocune 1v1 because of Scald burns, no leftovers, and Suicune's Pressure, which will eventually exhaust Sableye's PP. Also crits but that is the case for every CM'er bar BrokenBro. So i figured, why not have a backup plan? Why not have a companion able to do what Sable cannot? And then it came to me. Sableye --> eye --> cyclops --> fable --> Clefable. Yes, it had to be Clefable. My logic led to that!

After that, it was easy math: Magic Guard + Stored Power = No residual damage + bypassing oppositions boosts = Bye Crocune. Knowing my luck, I'd get critted by Crocune before I'm able to Stored Power..Not only that, but M sable can set up on psychic type Calm Mind users such as BrokenBro Mega Slowbro and the Latis, the former being able to destroy Clefable with Psyshock. So it was a perfect balance; yin and yang; day and night, etc.

Add in hazards to that and you pressure the opponent every time you click Calm Mind. As you set up, a counter/check is sure to come in, taking entry hazard damage, then you switch out, and what does that mean? It means you just weakened the check/counter and have gotten closer to the end goal.

To sum up,

CM Sable loses to CroCune 1v1, right? Well Clefable doesn't shouldn't.
CM Fable loses to Crobro 1v1 cuz Psyshock? Well Sable doesn't shouldn't.
And so on and so forth. That's the idea, and it's been really effective.

tl;dr

Fable sets up on a lot of what Sable is scared of and vice versa, and that is what makes the core so powerful

Closing Notes:

[Sable + Fable] alone is very strong, capable of dismantling many playstyles, but it is not invincible. Stuff like rain sweepers in rain, banded threats, GRENINJA, and powerful megas such as Mega Metagross and Mega-Gardevoir can seriously put that D (damage) on this core, so it definitely needs complementary support, like most cores do.

Sets:

Sableye @ Sableite
Ability: Prankster --> Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
-Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Stored Power / Knock Off
-Softboiled

Now if you looked at the sets above, you will see what I see with the core. Things that scare Fable out are burned and then set up on by Mega Sableye and vice versa. Stored Power Fable breaks through its 'counter' Heatran, the annoying Crocune and opposing CM Clefable, all of which threaten Sable. Knock Off may look out of place but it is there so Clefable can 1v1 Heatran without needing to boost to cray levels. No lefties = No recovery, right?

On a more serious note though, Knock Off is to catch Gothitelle intending to trick you a scarf or specs. Also, it removes Chansey's eviolite and other walls' trusty items, as well as Excadrill's Life Orb and a potential Choice Band off Scizor, which I found has come in handy. Situational? Maybe; Useful? Yes, very. DONT JUDGE ME, OK?!

Hope you like the core.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Replays added.

Here are some replays of me using the core:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/orasou-184475621

• In this replay, it is showcased how Mega Sableye pressures and sets up on 5 out of 6 members, just by team preview; the 6th member (Sylveon) that walls sableye, is set up on by Clefable. A win-win situation. The hazards were extremely helpful, too.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-184323890

• This replay was versus a dude that beat me on all my alts every.single. time. But not here. Sable n' Fable put in a lot of work in this one.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182575103

• Imo, this replay really shows how the core works and how they both dgaf about anything. Also, TRIPLE PROTECT AYYYEE!!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182341267

• CM sweep

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-184319006

• Mega Sableye Vs. Mega Gallade match-up here. What I like so much about the core is that it pressure the opponent immensely. Opponents have to figure out a way to stop CM Sable- Oh wait, there's also a CM fable in the back for you doe. It's sheer pressue. And I like that. That's one reason the core is so deadly.

Last edited:
Props for using sabeleye, he's a hugely underrated mega. Magic guard is such an absurd gift for a pokemon with high defenses. I can only think of a couple pokemon that would be able to stand up to both of those. Basic wallbreaker mons lol so if you get a status on them they're done.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Props for using sabeleye, he's a hugely underrated mega. Magic guard is such an absurd gift for a pokemon with high defenses. I can only think of a couple pokemon that would be able to stand up to both of those. Basic wallbreaker mons lol so if you get a status on them they're done.
Sableye is not underrated at all. o-o It's widely recognized as one of the best new mega's. It does not get Magic Guard btw.

+

Mega Diancie credit to obsidianblack555 on deviantart

The sp00ky tree is back! If you're unfamiliar with him, he runs Leech Seed and Will-o-wisp and is not afraid to use 'em. Abusing his Harvest ability to heal up to 50% a turn, Trevenant is a real bamf... however, he has some issues. Issues that are solved by Mega Diancie! Rock and Grass is a true OTP as some of us know, but this one goes a step further. Mega Diancie sporting Magic Bounce helps our little Trevenant a lot, as he is usually pretty weak to getting Burned/Toxic'd. While we do run Substitute on our little tree, there are situations (cough, turn moves and you not resubbing on 'em) that can ruin your day. On top of that, Leech Seed helps out Mega Diancie a lot, especially because of her low base HP. Time to reflect those pesky away from Trevenant! Additionally, the bane of all Trevenants, Knock Off, is happily tanked by Diancie!

You can do a lot for EVs, a defensive-ish Diancie lets her beat MegaMence if you opt not to Mega Evolve. Calm Mind is my preferred set, though. As for Trevenant, well, you can run fully Defensive and just leave the special walling to another team member (or even an s.defensive MDiancie, functioning similarily to Heatran but with sweep potential later on) which helps a lot with obvious Steel priority (and earthquakes), but you can also go for the special sponging which helps a lot more sponging voltswitches.

An obvious issue is Mamoswine, if you don't have Trevenant in yet. Then there's steel moves from the defensive stat you didn't specialize in, which are tanked my Water or Fire types, which in turn should tie in well with a FWG core. I would recommend a Volt Switch or U-Turn in there somewhere to help both Diancie and Trevenant get in (Rotom-W anyone?). Another issue is set-up mons with substitute (dodging Trevenant's WoW), as well as Magic Guarders/Bouncers.

Against unprepared teams, Trevenant will create a lot of issues, very similar to Gliscor in that regard. An issue is switches and clerics... both which can be handled by Diancie! Diancie has the ability to go a defensive-ish Stealth Rock set, and/or a Calm Mind set to deal with those pesky clerics!

Recommended partners: Rotom-W, deals with Mamo, Steel, and momentum. Latias, offers Defog as well as Wishes, offers phazing for people who set up on Trevenant.. Skarmory, offers rocks, walls Mamo, deals with MMence to a certain degree, offers phazing for people who set up on Trevenant.
Alternatives: Mega DDTar/Trevenant, Diancie/CMPass Celebi

Here are the mons I use:

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Set details:
Trevenant is a typical Trevenant. We run Phantom Force to have an extra turn to Harvest or heal from Leech Seed, as well as offensive pressure (his base atk ain't bad). Diancie's EVs are full SpAtk, enough Atk to 2HKO Blissey with Diamond Storm, rest in HP to maximize what little bulk is left (esp on switch), as speed is not gonna help with anything significant. Running 252 speed +nature is not a bad deal either, as 110 base speed is definitely rad.
Enjoy!

Err, yeah! I meant Magic Bounce! <_<

and I say underrated because I don't see it a lot at all but I guess everyone has their own experiences

.Defensive Core

Audino @ Audinite.......................Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator.....................Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD....EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature..........................Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam.....................- Scald
- Thunder Wave................/..........- Fire Blast
- Wish............................../.........- Toxic
- Protect / Heal Bell...........//........- Slack Off
This is a twist on the pink blobs that everyone knows in love that is meant to feature Mega Audino, a Pokemon that nobody has really used so far. I've actually been using it haha, and it's a lot of fun! Mega Audino has exceptional bulk, far superior to that of Clefable. But, besides this, that's really where its positives run short. Clefable is often better suited in its role. However, it does stand out as an early game pivot with Regenerator, which is where Slowbro comes in. The two form a Regenerator core and are quite good at this. Audino takes on all Ghost-, Grass-, Bug-, and Electric-type attacks for Slowbro with ease; especially Knock Off, which it can easily take. Slowbro, in return, takes on Fighting- and Steel-types with relative ease. The core is meant to wall a vast portion of the metagame and spread status around, with Thunder Wave and Toxic being included in this. Heal Bell is my preferred choice on Mega Audino, riding both of status, but then it loses out on semi-reliable recovery in Wish. Between the two, they can spread around three statuses: paralysis, poison, and burn. The two also can work together to hopefully take on Mega Salamence, which is really important. The two combined can take on each others usual checks; Slowbro can take on Mega Gallade, Azumarill, and Mega Charizard X, while Mega Audino takes on Latios, Keldeo, and Landorus with relative ease. Some threats to watch out for include Greninja, Mega Charizard Y, and Gengar. Mega Audino is just one of my favorite Pokemon to use atm, it's just a very unexpected threat and it's much better than I originally gave it credit for!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
+

Mega Diancie credit to obsidianblack555 on deviantart

The sp00ky tree is back! If you're unfamiliar with him, he runs Leech Seed and Will-o-wisp and is not afraid to use 'em. Abusing his Harvest ability to heal up to 50% a turn, Trevenant is a real bamf... however, he has some issues. Issues that are solved by Mega Diancie! Rock and Grass is a true OTP as some of us know, but this one goes a step further. Mega Diancie sporting Magic Bounce helps our little Trevenant a lot, as he is usually pretty weak to getting Burned/Toxic'd. While we do run Substitute on our little tree, there are situations (cough, turn moves and you not resubbing on 'em) that can ruin your day. On top of that, Leech Seed helps out Mega Diancie a lot, especially because of her low base HP. Time to reflect those pesky away from Trevenant! Additionally, the bane of all Trevenants, Knock Off, is happily tanked by Diancie!

You can do a lot for EVs, a defensive-ish Diancie lets her beat MegaMence if you opt not to Mega Evolve. Calm Mind is my preferred set, though. As for Trevenant, well, you can run fully Defensive and just leave the special walling to another team member (or even an s.defensive MDiancie, functioning similarily to Heatran but with sweep potential later on) which helps a lot with obvious Steel priority (and earthquakes), but you can also go for the special sponging which helps a lot more sponging voltswitches.

An obvious issue is Mamoswine, if you don't have Trevenant in yet. Then there's steel moves from the defensive stat you didn't specialize in, which are tanked my Water or Fire types, which in turn should tie in well with a FWG core. I would recommend a Volt Switch or U-Turn in there somewhere to help both Diancie and Trevenant get in (Rotom-W anyone?). Another issue is set-up mons with substitute (dodging Trevenant's WoW), as well as Magic Guarders/Bouncers.

Against unprepared teams, Trevenant will create a lot of issues, very similar to Gliscor in that regard. An issue is switches and clerics... both which can be handled by Diancie! Diancie has the ability to go a defensive-ish Stealth Rock set, and/or a Calm Mind set to deal with those pesky clerics!

Recommended partners: Rotom-W, deals with Mamo, Steel, and momentum. Latias, offers Defog as well as Wishes, offers phazing for people who set up on Trevenant.. Skarmory, offers rocks, walls Mamo, deals with MMence to a certain degree, offers phazing for people who set up on Trevenant.
Alternatives: Mega DDTar/Trevenant, Diancie/CMPass Celebi

Here are the mons I use:

Enjoy!
Trevenant sucks. It's screwed over by Knock Off, not very bulky (Keldeo is bulkier), and is checked/countered by WAY too many things like Talonflame, both Zards, Heatran, (Mega) Sableye, Greninja, Gentar, Bisharp, MEGA SALAMENCE, Mega Diancie, Mamoswine, etc. I know Diancie can handle some of them but there is just way too much that fucks Trevenant over for it to be considered viable.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Err, yeah! I meant Magic Bounce! <_<

and I say underrated because I don't see it a lot at all but I guess everyone has their own experiences
You probably don't see it a lot because everyone is using Mega Salamence

Trevenant sucks. It's screwed over by Knock Off, not very bulky (Keldeo is bulkier), and is checked/countered by WAY too many things like Talonflame, both Zards, Heatran, (Mega) Sableye, Greninja, Gentar, Bisharp, MEGA SALAMENCE, Mega Diancie, Mamoswine, etc. I know Diancie can handle some of them but there is just way too much that fucks Trevenwnt over for it to be considered viable.
*Shrug* try out gourgeist then. I personally prefer the repeated Harvests.

Karxrida

*Shrug* try out gourgeist then. I personally prefer the repeated Harvests.
Gourgeist is better thanks to improved bulk and the ability to outspeed some things you want burned like Bisharp, but it suffers from similar issues. Regardless, Harvest Trevenant is a gimmick, and it's not even a very good one at that.

How is it a gimmick? Because Harvest is a 50% chance? Because Trevenant is too weak? Both of those doth not a gimmick make. At least get your diction right if you're just here to criticize. I personally have found mild success and thought someone else might want to try something new or likes one of these Pokes, so I posted two mons that compliment each other in typing and role - a core. Can we move on now? Thank you.

+

Two Calm Minders: Sable and Fable. Sable breaks 70% of the meta; Fable breaks the other 30%.
The general idea of this core is to have 2 win conditions that, if played correctly, should not lose to any most pokemon. That includes other Calm Minders.

Elaboration:

CM Sable loses to CroCune 1v1, right? Well Clefable doesn't shouldn't.
CM Fable loses to Crobro 1v1 cuz Psyshock? Well Sable doesn't shouldn't.
And so on and so forth. That's the idea, and it's been really effective.

This core alone is very strong but it is not invincible. Stuff like Rain Sweepers in rain, Banded threats, Mega Metagross, M-Garde and what not can seriously put that D (damage) on this core, so it definitely needs complementary support, like most cores do.

Sets:

Sableye @ Sableite
Ability: Prankster --> Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
-Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Stored Power / Knock Off
-Softboiled

Now if you looked at the sets above, you will see what I see with the core. Stored Power Fable breaks through Heatran, Crocune and opposing CM Clefable. Knock Off may look out of place but it is there so Clefable can 1v1 Heatran without needing to boost to cray levels. No lefties = No recovery.

On a more serious note though, Knock Off is to catch Gothitelle intending to trick you a scarf or specs. Also, it removes Chansey's eviolite and other walls' trusty items, which I found has come in handy. Situational? Maybe; Useful? Yes, very. DONT JUDGE ME, OK?!

Hope you like the core.
Oh man, I can't wait to try out this core. (these are my two hatched, in game shinies!)

I didn't even know Clefable got Knock Off, but I'd rather keep Stored Power (or even Flamethrower), since Knock Off can easily find a spot or two elsewhere on the team.

Karxrida

How is it a gimmick? Because Harvest is a 50% chance? Because Trevenant is too weak? Both of those doth not a gimmick make. At least get your diction right if you're just here to criticize. I personally have found mild success and thought someone else might want to try something new or likes one of these Pokes, so I posted two mons that compliment each other in typing and role - a core. Can we move on now? Thank you.
It's a gimmick because it is heavily reliant on matchup (hoping your opponent doesn't have one of the many things that shut down Trevenant completely), being heavily reliant on luck for Harvest to activate, and more than likely wouldn't work against remotely competent players.

As long as we're being assholes to each other, your Diancie set is also bad. You don't have any speed investment so you get outsped by positive base 68s/neutral base 79s and higher, and you have a -Def Nature that gives Banded Talonflame a guaranteed 2HKO with Brave Bird after SR on top of making you weaker to other priority (Offensive Mega Scizor has a chance to OHKO unboosted, even when burned) and Psyshock.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 100 HP / 0- Def Diancie: 120-142 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO (guranteed after SR)
252+ Atk Technician burned Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 100 HP / 0- Def Diancie: 246-290 (92.4 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after SR)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 100 HP / 0- Def Diancie: 175-207 (65.7 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Psyshock vs. 100 HP / 0- Def Diancie: 156-185 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

because people seem to be forgetting, please post replays demonstrating the core's effectiveness. they don't have to be high ladder nor do you have to be the winner, but some demonstrated form of validity is greatly wanted and appreciated. i am bringing this up as the large influx of frankly quite garbage cores is getting rediculous. this isn't a theorymon thread - we need more than just concepts.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Defensive core that Ive been using quite extensively as of late:

+
+

I made this core to handle the numerous threats that have been plaguing ORAS OU. To start off, Clefable acts as one of the few reliable answers to Mega Sableye, which allows me to get up Stealth Rocks against teams running that mon. Additionally, she still acts as a great switch in to things like Thundy, Mega Sceptile, Lati@s, Azu, TTar, etc., while also Wish passing to heal up teammates. looking at what threatened her, I decided to add Slowbro and Zapdos to take on the likes of steels better, while also giving me two solid switch ins to aidsmence. Additionally, they are able to handle the likes of Scarf Lando, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Mega Metagross, Mega Gallade, and others. The cool thing about this core is that you have literally zero to fear from fighting types, because its all resisted, and scouting for coverage is easy thanks to Clefables Magic Guard and Slowbros Regenerator.

Good teammates for this core are teammates that pose offensive pressure, such as Scarftran, Greninja, Mega Metagross, Lati@s, etc. Ive used this core on quite a few different teams and it gives me a good defensive backbone to work with. The only problem is that these guys are kinda weak to Mega Beedrill teams, as they can VoltTurn against these mons.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Replays (May add more later):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-184452976
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182090546

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm curious - are you intentionally avoiding posting any Mega-Salamence cores, Rosen , or is it just that you haven't had any good ones come up? I know a lot of folks are counting on MegaMence being banned more or less immediately, so I'm just wondering if the lack of Mence cores is intentional.

.Defensive Core

Audino @ Audinite.......................Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator.....................Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD....EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature..........................Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam.....................- Scald
- Thunder Wave................/..........- Fire Blast
- Wish............................../.........- Toxic
- Protect / Heal Bell...........//........- Slack Off
This is a twist on the pink blobs that everyone knows in love that is meant to feature Mega Audino, a Pokemon that nobody has really used so far. I've actually been using it haha, and it's a lot of fun! Mega Audino has exceptional bulk, far superior to that of Clefable. But, besides this, that's really where its positives run short. Clefable is often better suited in its role. However, it does stand out as an early game pivot with Regenerator, which is where Slowbro comes in. The two form a Regenerator core and are quite good at this. Audino takes on all Ghost-, Grass-, Bug-, and Electric-type attacks for Slowbro with ease; especially Knock Off, which it can easily take. Slowbro, in return, takes on Fighting- and Steel-types with relative ease. The core is meant to wall a vast portion of the metagame and spread status around, with Thunder Wave and Toxic being included in this. Heal Bell is my preferred choice on Mega Audino, riding both of status, but then it loses out on semi-reliable recovery in Wish. Between the two, they can spread around three statuses: paralysis, poison, and burn. The two also can work together to hopefully take on Mega Salamence, which is really important. The two combined can take on each others usual checks; Slowbro can take on Mega Gallade, Azumarill, and Mega Charizard X, while Mega Audino takes on Latios, Keldeo, and Landorus with relative ease. Some threats to watch out for include Greninja, Mega Charizard Y, and Gengar. Mega Audino is just one of my favorite Pokemon to use atm, it's just a very unexpected threat and it's much better than I originally gave it credit for!
That is a really nice core. I see it working on balance teams quite well. The status is immensely helpful, especially the paralysis from Audino. Slower hard hitting teams would appreciate that, imo. As a side note, Bisharp is a threat to the core but what isn't Bisharp a threat to?

It's nice seeing Mega Audino in a core tbh; mad respect for that. :]

Reactions: zbr
Defensive core that Ive been using quite extensively as of late:

+
+

I made this core to handle the numerous threats that have been plaguing ORAS OU. To start off, Clefable acts as one of the few reliable answers to Mega Sableye, which allows me to get up Stealth Rocks against teams running that mon. Additionally, she still acts as a great switch in to things like Thundy, Mega Sceptile, Lati@s, Azu, TTar, etc., while also Wish passing to heal up teammates. looking at what threatened her, I decided to add Slowbro and Zapdos to take on the likes of steels better, while also giving me two solid switch ins to aidsmence. Additionally, they are able to handle the likes of Scarf Lando, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Mega Metagross, Mega Gallade, and others. The cool thing about this core is that you have literally zero to fear from fighting types, because its all resisted, and scouting for coverage is easy thanks to Clefables Magic Guard and Slowbros Regenerator.

Good teammates for this core are teammates that pose offensive pressure, such as Scarftran, Greninja, Mega Metagross, Lati@s, etc. Ive used this core on quite a few different teams and it gives me a good defensive backbone to work with. The only problem is that these guys are kinda weak to Mega Beedrill teams, as they can VoltTurn against these mons.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Replays (May add more later):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-184452976
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182090546
This core ends megamence's life ten times over. A core that can do that is a core that I like. Props.

I'm curious - are you intentionally avoiding posting any Mega-Salamence cores, Rosen , or is it just that you haven't had any good ones come up? I know a lot of folks are counting on MegaMence being banned more or less immediately, so I'm just wondering if the lack of Mence cores is intentional.
a little of both. the trapper mence cores are pretty brutal but seeing as how salamence just got put in 'S+' rank, i'd rather not have to edit the op more than necessary. reason being i am lazy and yes mence is getting the hammer. also unfixable could you provide some replays with your audino core? thanks. also i am pretty busy this evening and have little time to post but i will try to have the op updated tomorrow

Reactions: zbr

+

Now if you looked at the sets above, you will see what I see with the core. Stored Power Fable breaks through Heatran, Crocune and opposing CM Clefable. Knock Off may look out of place but it is there so Clefable can 1v1 Heatran without needing to boost to cray levels. No lefties = No recovery.

On a more serious note though, Knock Off is to catch Gothitelle intending to trick you a scarf or specs. Also, it removes Chansey's eviolite and other walls' trusty items, which I found has come in handy. Situational? Maybe; Useful? Yes, very. DONT JUDGE ME, OK?!
+2 4 SpA Clefable Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 236-278 (61.2 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just an option for your CM Fable set over Knock Off. Focus Blast / Moonblast CM Fable single-handedly dismantles opposing Sableye / Ferrothorn / Heatran / Chansey defensive cores, and it makes a great Heatran lure in particular.

Quick question:
+

For the mega gallade and diggersby core posted in the OP, is knock off worth running anywhere on diggersby? iirc it's getting knock off this gen so you might be able to run it over quick attack or something, to beat ghost types and it's also a great utility move, allowing diggersby to knock off items, like eviolite and leftovers.

Quick question:
+

For the mega gallade and diggersby core posted in the OP, is knock off worth running anywhere on diggersby? iirc it's getting knock off this gen so you might be able to run it over quick attack or something, to beat ghost types and it's also a great utility move, allowing diggersby to knock off items, like eviolite and leftovers.
galladre already has knock off and diggersby has no room for it, really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)