Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
rotom-w, skarmory, ice types like weavlie and mamoswine cause ice priority, bulky waters like slowbro, seismitoad, suicune, gyarados. Keldeo as well to pressure sets not named scarf. Bulky swords dance mega scizor, bronzong with hp ic... ok, going a bit too far.

In the end, it depends of set but in general having a solid ground immunity/resistance and mons that can hit super effectively through its ice weakness and water weakness you should be fine.

Hippowdone is food for the swords dance lando-t btw (unless whirlwind)

Solid Hyper Offense Team Need Help- Battle Discussion forum on here is quiet so im doing this here once. c

1.Charizard X DDance,
2.BGlasses SD Bisharp,S Punch, K Off Iron Head
3Sitrus BDrum Azumarill, 4Defog/HealingWish LO Latias, 5Sash SR Ice Shard Mamoswine,
6thunder LO Prankster

ok so obviously certain Pokemon do well against certain styles of teams (mega lopunny givin HO a hard time, for instance, because of its speed and attack it's difficult for frailer HO teams to take it down) manaphy is a Pokemon that I've always used to beat stall, especially CM rain dance as it dissembles common stall cores such as Chansey + clefable (Chansey will actually be 2HKO'd by a +6 scald in the rain when factoring in burn damage, but you can rest off any damage its doing to you and hydration takes care of statuses. While clefable straight up dies if it's Magic guard, and unaware is easy to wear down with rain boosted scalds + burns) but my friend uses manaphy and swears it's a balance breaker. I know he uses tail glow 3 attacks manaphy if that helps. Is manaphy considered a stall breaker or a balance breaker? Or is it a matter of the different sets we're running break different styles of teams? Thanks :)

p2

Banned deucer.
ok so obviously certain Pokemon do well against certain styles of teams (mega lopunny givin HO a hard time, for instance, because of its speed and attack it's difficult for frailer HO teams to take it down) manaphy is a Pokemon that I've always used to beat stall, especially CM rain dance as it dissembles common stall cores such as Chansey + clefable (Chansey will actually be 2HKO'd by a +6 scald in the rain when factoring in burn damage, but you can rest off any damage its doing to you and hydration takes care of statuses. While clefable straight up dies if it's Magic guard, and unaware is easy to wear down with rain boosted scalds + burns) but my friend uses manaphy and swears it's a balance breaker. I know he uses tail glow 3 attacks manaphy if that helps. Is manaphy considered a stall breaker or a balance breaker? Or is it a matter of the different sets we're running break different styles of teams? Thanks :)
TG 3 Attacks is generally classed as a balance breaker and TG RD is considered a Stallbreaker. Manaphy can't scratch Stall teams if it's TG 3 Attacks because Chansey and Clefable wall it easily and it TG RD has a worse matchup against Balance as it lacks an extra coverage move

It's been a while but I remember when I battled with mega-Sabeleye on the turn it mega'd both Prankster and Magic Bounce were active.
So am I misremembering something but does Sabeleye on the turn where it mega evolves essentially act as if it has two abilities?

It's been a while but I remember when I battled with mega-Sabeleye on the turn it mega'd both Prankster and Magic Bounce were active.
So am I misremembering something but does Sabeleye on the turn where it mega evolves essentially act as if it has two abilities?
Yes, because the order of who moves first is already decided before you make a move (barring priority attacks), so Sableye then has the +1 priority bracket from Prankster on status moves no matter if it mega evolves or whatever it does. This also explains why Mega Swampert does not get the Swift Swim boost the turn it it mega evolves.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Long answer: Prankster affects Speed, which is determined at the beginning of the turn (before the mega evolution takes place). So for the same reason Mega Banette doesn't have Prankster on the turn it mega evolves, Sableye does have Prankster the turn it mega evolves. Magic Bounce isn't a speed-related ability, so it also functions on the turn Sableye Mega evolves.

Short answer: Yes, it essentially has two abilities the turn it mega evolves.

I've been seeing regular Scizor more often on the ladder it seems. And not just the Banded sets either? HAs something changed to make reg-scizor more viable?

I might sound stupid asking that, but is Scolipede still allowed to pass a Sub along with its Speed Boosts?
Passing Speed and a Sub is legal. Getting the Sub passed can be a tad difficult, but if you do, you're in an excellent position to win (barring the odd SE Infiltrator/Pixilate Hyper Voice/Exploud/Meloetta).

In the OverUsed tier, is it unwise not depend on entry hazard support? I've opted for the Rapid Spin/Defog approach (the latter removes hazards on both sides)... Is that an impractical way of thinking?

In the OverUsed tier, is it unwise not depend on entry hazard support? I've opted for the Rapid Spin/Defog approach (the latter removes hazards on both sides)... Is that an impractical way of thinking?
More often than not in OU, you'll want to have some form of hazard setting to help punish your opponent's switches and because they can net you a lot of vital KOs.

Generally speaking as well there are certain threats that are better handled with hazards, e.g. Talonflame/Volcarona/Charizards etc. As well as limiting the ability to abuse things like Volt-switch. It simply makes your life all the more easy when playing, it removes a ton of pressure on your side and as noted above nets you some important kills that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been seeing regular Scizor more often on the ladder it seems. And not just the Banded sets either? HAs something changed to make reg-scizor more viable?
Probably the popularity of Fairies like Altaria and Diancie as well as Weavile and Mega Alakazam, and the fact that Scizor is one of the better checks to these Pokemon that fits on offense (a playstyle that tends to be weak to them) without requiring hazard removal.

If I run Substitute on M-Heracross' last moveslot, would Focus Punch be viable in any way as its Fighting STAB move or is Close Combat the better pick 100% of the time?

Why do people run roost on Latios and Latias when they have recover? Isn't there only a detriment to running roost or is there some detriment to recover I'm not seeing.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
There is no difference. The reason Roost if more common than Recover is because Roost is on the analysis while Recover is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)