Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Will it be an egg move? That Sableye only comes keen eye or stall so if it's not breedable to pass on the move I can't see it being a problem. If it is... o_O
Mega forme sableye with twave will be an amazing emergency stop to setup sweepers on stall, so i think that it still becomes significantly better.

Mega forme sableye with twave will be an amazing emergency stop to setup sweepers on stall, so i think that it still becomes significantly better.
True, I guess the sacrifice being that you have to give up prankster which is actually p huge. Without that I don't think it's much worse than unaware Clef with Twave. Definitely a boost but you sacrifice a lot too.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
True, I guess the sacrifice being that you have to give up prankster which is actually p huge. Without that I don't think it's much worse than unaware Clef with Twave. Definitely a boost but you sacrifice a lot too.
You only sacrifice prankster, which in many battles you only use for one maybe 2 turns, for the ability to use twave, a move that instantly makes an opposing mon's speed essentially zero for all intents and purposes along with a nice chance to immobilize it for a turn, becoming an amazing emergency check to sweepers on stall as it can take most boosted hits and fire back with twave.

I guess, stall doesn't really care about t wave and much rather wisp opponents though to wear them down over time and reduce attack. Also +1 paralysed CharX still outspeeds M-Sab lol.

However I get that it would be extremely powerful on balance teams which would appreciate the para much more :]

I guess, stall doesn't really care about t wave and much rather wisp opponents though to wear them down over time and reduce attack. Also +1 paralysed CharX still outspeeds M-Sab lol.

However I get that it would be extremely powerful on balance teams which would appreciate the para much more :]
My thoughts as well. What move does Sab give up for Twave? They all seem pretty important to me. Isn't stopping setup sweepers Foul Play's job? Furthermore, doesn't stall have other mons whos job it is to stop setup (Clef, Quag... ditto)? Furtherfurthermore, doesn't balance have other mons capable of stopping setup sweepers without using a mega slot?

I'm sure this question is here somewhere, but what are some sand checks besides Breloom, Azumarill, and Mega Alakazam?

Also, are there any bird spam checks that aren't weak to ground?

My latest team is proving to be a tough build.

I'm sure this question is here somewhere, but what are some sand checks besides Breloom, Azumarill, and Mega Alakazam?

Also, are there any bird spam checks that aren't weak to ground?

My latest team is proving to be a tough build.
Landorus-T is a pretty solid check to Sand, also checks the birds pretty nicely

Tankchomp and Air Balloon Heatran do well against those archtypes. My fav bird check in Thunderus although it does less well against sand (although Superpower really hurts Ttar)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
He said offensive scoli...

Id say waters and darks prolly benefit the most for its ability to eliminate of grasses and fairies etc.

What's wrong with running a hazard+3 attacks LO Scolipede? It's a pretty viable set
Scolipede is kinda weak without SD, even with Adamant.

Never tried this, but a set with Spikes + SD 2 Attacks looks good to me, since there's a pretty good coverage between Megahorn and Aqua Tail.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ya IK hazards+3 attacks it is a good set but I assumed he meant Protect or Sub+3 attacks

Also non-SD is plenty strong enough .-.

Martin

If ur gonna run SD+2 attacks make sure to carry something like Duggy to take out tran 'cause u can't run EQ if ur going dual STABs

if youre going sd+2 attacks youre better off dropping one of your stabs tbh. i tried and couldnt really get the set to work a while back, but megahorn+aqua tail will generally net you the best neutral coverage, while megahorn+earthquake will give you some better matchups pre-SD in exchange for being a lot easier to wall. poison jab doesnt get a whole lot of work done since people kinda expect it and dont take the risk until the rest of the set is revealed. you really just want to give him something that can dent a switchin for your primary win con or vice versa though.

Last edited:
I mean of course it depends on the team. the biggest problem that arises with it though is that scolipede just wont often get the chance to be both a spiker and sweeper in a single game. Its not very bulky and it burns a lot of turns laying spikes along with the initial SD. Lots of common walls like lando, garch, ferro, skarm, etc. will already be pressuring you immensely if you try to lay down spikes at all before killing them; on top of the fact that theyre easy switch ins to support scolipede in the first place. With a rocks weakness and life orb he really cant afford to be coming in and out if he wants to sweep because he takes a solid 50% from anything that sponges his attacks. He also runs into problems with common hazard control mons like diancie or excadrill, which he could easily lure and threaten unboosted with a coverage move but is instead forced out. If youre only setting up spikes for your own sweep, then you need to take out more threats using the rest of your team but arent going to reliably have the spikes support which would make them so much more effective at doing so.

Scolipedes not an exceptional hazard setter or sweeper even when fully dedicated to those roles. When mixing them he'll often be far more useful as one or the other in that particular game. Like he'll get some spikes up and dent something to support a teammate or he'll get a free switch on a secret sword or something and use that turn to boost (the turn on which his most important wall will likely be switching into him and not taking spikes damage). Very rarely will he be able to accomplish both since he only really gets free turns against passive teams but his damage output leaves a lot to be desired against those sort of things.

im not really trying to deter you using scolipede for this and im not saying its impossible. its just that hes very difficult to work with. considering the most exceptional fast setup sweepers like charizard typically have to make due with a single boost at most, and the lack of coverage seriously limits your ability to capitalize on the lure this provides, you should probably expect and prepare to be using him in less ideal corcumstances.

I mean of course it depends on the team. the biggest problem that arises with it though is that scolipede just wont often get the chance to be both a spiker and sweeper in a single game. Its not very bulky and it burns a lot of turns laying spikes along with the initial SD. Lots of common walls like lando, garch, ferro, skarm, etc. will already be pressuring you immensely if you try to lay down spikes at all before killing them; on top of the fact that theyre easy switch ins to support scolipede in the first place. With a rocks weakness and life orb he really cant afford to be coming in and out if he wants to sweep because he takes a solid 50% from anything that sponges his attacks. He also runs into problems with common hazard control mons like diancie or excadrill, which he could easily lure and threaten unboosted with a coverage move but is instead forced out. If youre only setting up spikes for your own sweep, then you need to take out more threats using the rest of your team but arent going to reliably have the spikes support which would make them so much more effective at doing so.

Scolipedes not an exceptional hazard setter or sweeper even when fully dedicated to those roles. When mixing them he'll often be far more useful as one or the other in that particular game. Like he'll get some spikes up and dent something to support a teammate or he'll get a free switch on a secret sword or something and use that turn to boost (the turn on which his most important wall will likely be switching into him and not taking spikes damage). Very rarely will he be able to accomplish both since he only really gets free turns against passive teams but his damage output leaves a lot to be desired against those sort of things.

im not really trying to deter you using scolipede for this and im not saying its impossible. its just that hes very difficult to work with. considering the most exceptional fast setup sweepers like charizard typically have to make due with a single boost at most, and the lack of coverage seriously limits your ability to capitalize on the lure this provides, you should probably expect and prepare to be using him in less ideal corcumstances.
SD+3 Attacks it is then

Nice read btw

Martin

NP slowking would need an entire team built around it for a lot of the same reasons as NP coffag. Basically it works somewhat in TR and thats about it.

How important is Freeze Dry to a ATT/SPE Mamoswine? The one I have has earthquake, icicle crash and ice shard. I might just give it Iron Head because I don't see Superpower as helpful due to the after effects unless I need to.

How important is Freeze Dry to a ATT/SPE Mamoswine? The one I have has earthquake, icicle crash and ice shard. I might just give it Iron Head because I don't see Superpower as helpful due to the after effects unless I need to.
Freeze Dry is only really useful if you need a lure for Rotom-W. Iron Head hits almost nothing relevant, so if you don't want to use Superpower and don't need Stealth Rock, you should at least use Knock Off as your 4th move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)