Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I've been lurking a lot of these threads and they've been very helpful.
One thing I'm really puzzled by is where everyone is getting these damage calcs that are updated for GenVI. I've tried looking everywhere online, but I must be missing something because I can't find them. :O
Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Hello guys, I've been lurking a lot of these threads and they've been very helpful.
One thing I'm really puzzled by is where everyone is getting these damage calcs that are updated for GenVI. I've tried looking everywhere online, but I must be missing something because I can't find them. :O
Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction?
I... THINK everyone's just assuming that the underlying damage formulas haven't changed from GenV. With the correct stats and move BP in place, the old formulas ought to work. (I'm not sure where to find an updated calculator, though, if that's what you're asking.

I... THINK everyone's just assuming that the underlying damage formulas haven't changed from GenV. With the correct stats and move BP in place, the old formulas ought to work. (I'm not sure where to find an updated calculator, though, if that's what you're asking.
That's what I'm doing as well, I go to the Pokeshowdown calc and have to manually change the Pokemon types/BPs of moves/etc. But I see other people quoting calc with Aegislash and new Pokemon.

Will the berry be consumed even after a WiFi Battle?
The berry will not be consumed after Battle Institue, Battle Maison and WiFi battles.
To elaborate, Joshua, no item will be consumed after these battles, berry or not. The game effectively doesn't register any changes to the state of your 'mons from these battles; you will not receive pokemon encountered in these as Seen in the pokedex, moves like Sketch will "forget" what they copied after the battle, and any items used by your Pokemon (or otherwise lost) will not be gone.

I imagine this is part of why the game saves prior to these events: so that it knows what state to return to afterwards.

and everyone ignores the last question of last page as expected.

I want to know one thing.
We all know (or most of us at least) that pixilate aerielate and refrigerate give boosts to normal moves changed to their respective types.

But does Ion deluge (which is a move) give that boost too?

and everyone ignores the last question of last page as expected.

I want to know one thing.
We all know (or most of us at least) that pixilate aerielate and refrigerate give boosts to normal moves changed to their respective types.

But does Ion deluge (which is a move) give that boost too?
No, no such thing confirmed .

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this, because I was under the impression that Harvest Trevenant worked better than a Natural Cure variant if you were trying to stall. The counter argument is that with a Sitrus Berry/Harvest set, you lose Leftovers recovery. Which set does everyone think is better?

So I finally managed to breed a 5 IV Fletchling with Gale Wings. It's 31 in everything but SpAtk (which is a useless stat for a physical attacker). How do I start EV training? I read this info graphic about honey hunting hordes, but I'm also interested in super training. I don't want to mess this bird up because of how long it took to breed so I'm kind of nervous.

Can someone help me? I'm new at this ev training
I'm about to start training a Snorunt (Female, 5 Top IV's, Bold), and I want to evolve it to Froslass
The question is, should I evolve it now (level 1) or after some time training?
Also, wich stats should I train more?
Thanks

So according to the October Pokebank OU moveset stats, most Gliscor ran 72 Spe evs. Do these specific evs help it to outspeed anything other than max Spe Jolly Ttar?
If you are familiar with the BW Speed Tier you will realize that everybody and their mom creep over Tyranitar. It is just that good of a wallbreaker that you cannot allow yourself to be slower unless you can reliably recover HP.

So I finally managed to breed a 5 IV Fletchling with Gale Wings. It's 31 in everything but SpAtk (which is a useless stat for a physical attacker). How do I start EV training? I read this info graphic about honey hunting hordes, but I'm also interested in super training. I don't want to mess this bird up because of how long it took to breed so I'm kind of nervous.
A Guide to EV Training with Hordes
First of all, get yourself a Bulbasaur. It will eventually learn both Sweet Scent (replaces honey) and Petal Dance in order to eliminate a whole group instantly - expect for Geodudes, for which you should use Mold Breaker Earthquake. The Exp Share will ensure that your Fletchling will receive its EVs.

Every Pokemon you beat gives you a certain amount of EVs depending on the species. For example, Wingull gives 1 speed, so a horde or Wingulls will give you 5. It is reasonably fast, but in order to get the maximum benefit you should buy Power Items form the Battle Maison. When you equip your trainee with a Power Item, you will get additional 4 EVs per Pokemon. For example, when your Fletchling has a Power Anklet equipped, you will receive 25 speed IVs; when it has a Power Wrist equipped, it will receive 5 speed and 20 attack per Wingull horde. You cannot exceed 252 EVs per stat.

Super Training is pretty straightforward and usefull when you only need to pinpoint a certain amount of EVs, for example speed because Talonflames usually don't run maximum speed. Lv1 training gives 4 EVs, Lv2 gives 8, Lv3 gives 12. Everytime you finish training you will earn punching bags with different value. An S-Bag will give you 1 EV (toss them away, they are useless), M-Bags give you 4 and L-Bags give you 12.

And if you think your EVs are wrong you can hit empty bags to find a somewhat rarish bag that resets your EVs to 0. And there are EV reducing berries in this generation, we think.

I think I have like 28 wins is that enough?
Six should be enough. Your rival appears in the northern part of Kiloude City.

If me and my opponent M-evo on the same turn, who M-evos first? is it based on speed?
Based on speed: The faster one goes first.

What's the best nature and ability for Excadrill? I'm thinking of using it as a Rapid Spinner, though the lack of SR and Iron Head hurts it a bit.
Adamant or Jolly; all of the other stats except for HP suck. It can run a Bulky or an Offensive Rapid Spinner set. Note, that 'bulky' is in relation to offensive Excadrill as it almost solely relies on its typing instead of its miserable defenses. Look at the Excadrill Uber analysis from the previous gen (before move tutors). You probably need to tweak its stats a bit to adapt to the Bulky set current OU tier.

Can someone help me? I'm new at this ev training
I'm about to start training a Snorunt (Female, 5 Top IV's, Bold), and I want to evolve it to Froslass
The question is, should I evolve it now (level 1) or after some time training?
Also, wich stats should I train more?
Thanks
We actually recommend you to breed again. Timid is the preferred nature when you want to play its strengths. If she is intended to be used in singles, let it inherit Spikes from a Cacnea or a Klefki, as Froslass is the only Spike-Spinblocker in the game. It does not matter when you evolve her because Snorunt's movepool is not too impressive apart from the egg move Spikes.

4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe and Ice Beam/Shadow Ball, Taunt, Spikes, Destiny Bond

We actually recommend you to breed again. Timid is the preferred nature when you want to play its strengths. If she is intended to be used in singles, let it inherit Spikes from a Cacnea or a Klefki, as Froslass is the only Spike-Spinblocker in the game. It does not matter when you evolve her because Snorunt's movepool is not too impressive apart from the egg move Spikes.

4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe and Ice Beam/Shadow Ball, Taunt, Spikes, Destiny Bond
Thanks man! That helped a lot
I actually have some more 5 IV's natures wich I could here. Here are they: Careful, Lax, Quirky, Hardy and Serious
Wich one you think is the best?

Thanks again

Thanks man! That helped a lot
I actually have some more 5 IV's natures wich I could here. Here are they: Careful, Lax, Quirky, Hardy and Serious
Wich one you think is the best?

Thanks again
We do not want to be rude, but none of them are very appealing to Froslass. It needs a nature for more speed that is not Jolly. Timid is optimal, Hasty and Naive are painful but usable and everything beyond that not very good.

And Spikes for Singles, of course. If we were in your position, we would now grab our Timid Synchronize Abra and go out catch a Klefki, teach it Spikes and breed Snorunt again.

But if we only have these choices, take Careful or Bold. They both suck, but are still better than the rest.

We do not want to be rude, but none of them are very appealing to Froslass. It needs a nature for more speed that is not Jolly. Timid is optimal, Hasty and Naive are painful but usable and everything beyond that not very good.

And Spikes for Singles, of course. If we were in your position, we would now grab our Timid Synchronize Abra and go out catch a Klefki, teach it Spikes and breed Snorunt again.

But if we only have these choices, take Careful or Bold. They both suck, but are still better than the rest.
Got it. Just got a Timid Snorunt by breeding it with my Spritzee
Now comes the hard part: Getting a 5 top IV's + Spikes by breeding it with Klefki hahaha!
Hope she's worth all that work :P
Thanks for the help again man, I will try to post a picture when I got it

Hi, I tried looking online fora question I had but couldn't find one

quick question: are move tutor moves breedable? I'm asking in the off chance that I get a Gen V move tutor move after pokebank comes out and want to breed for IVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)